Body Mortar Feedback - We want to hear it!

Which is your favorite flavor?

• Total voters
Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
\

2:1:1 BCAA ratios are a thing of the past!

50% more BCAA’s in Body Mortar than the leading BCAA products.

AMS’ Body Mortar delivers a 4:1:1 BCAA dose per serving plus glutamine and a blended carb source necessary to fuel intense muscle growth.

So why does AMS use 50% more L-leucine (Anabolically Superior 4:1:1 ratio) than most other companies who use the outdated 2:1:1 ratio?

Leucine is an essential amino acid (meaning the human body cannot synthesize it and it needs to come from dietary methods). Leucine has recently been growing in popularity due to its ability to initiate protein synthesis in skeletal muscle. Leucine does so by activating the anabolic pathway mTOR (mammalian target of rapamycin), which lets the body know that there is sufficient protein to begin synthesizing new skeletal muscle Protein. Protein synthesis is initiated when there is a greater concentration of leucine in the mTOR pathway. Leucine will also cause a release of insulin, which will further encourage anabolism. Supplemental leucine is ideal for athletes looking to make changes in their physique because it can be used for its anabolic abilities while gaining muscle mass and its anti-catabolism properties while cutting fat. Leucine will also aid muscles in the recovery from the vigorous training of any type of athlete.

Although L-leucine is the most coveted component of the BCAA family, and the heart of our product, we don't want you to think that L-valine and L-isoleucine are marginal ingredients, so here are a few of their benefits:

L-valine and L-isoleucine are used to maintain a positive nitrogen balance in the body.

L-valine and L-isoleucine are used to repair and heal muscle tissue.

L-valine is needed for metabolism within muscle cells.

L-valine is found in high quantities in muscle tissues.

L-isoleucine has the ability to increase endurance and stamina.
L-isoleucine's most intriguing use is its ability to maintain energy levels by regulating blood sugar levels.

Body Mortar also uses a fast digesting Maltodextrin/Dextrose blended carb source for instant digestibility and uptake because once you’ve exceeded your stored energy during an intensive workout, it is crucial to tap in to that “extra fuel” and push beyond the norm – hitting deep muscle fibers.

What are some (if any) negative aspects of this product (price, carbs etc.,)?

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I voted Fruit Punch, but then again it's the only flavor I've tried so far. I'll pick up Blue Razz next. Body Mortar has become my favorite BCAA for sure and I'll be keeping it on stock. I love the 4:1:1 and personally kinda like the quick sugars. For those who stick with Xtend because of the taste should def try Body Mortar.

On a side note, I'm in the process of writing up my review/thoughts of Body Mortar to post up.

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I voted Fruit Punch, but then again it's the only flavor I've tried so far. I'll pick up Blue Razz next. Body Mortar has become my favorite BCAA for sure and I'll be keeping it on stock. I love the 4:1:1 and personally kinda like the quick sugars. For those who stick with Xtend because of the taste should def try Body Mortar.

On a side note, I'm in the process of writing up my review/thoughts of Body Mortar to post up.
Cool. Link me back her or PM.

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

P.S. If your signed up for our newsletter keep an eye out for a really good discount code coming.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
P.S. If your signed up for our newsletter keep an eye out for a really good discount code coming.
I need to sign up, I can do this on AMS' website?

FCrane

Awards
Both versions of Body Mortar are excellent. For a bcaa product I would highly recommend it.

bassgod272

Awards
  • Established
i HIGHLY recommend the carb free BM while prepping for a show or dieting. the lemonade flavor is superb :) i know it helped me spare muscle while training and doing cardio on a restricted diet, while my body was in a depleted state.

tattoopierced1

i HIGHLY recommend the carb free BM while prepping for a show or dieting. the lemonade flavor is superb :) i know it helped me spare muscle while training and doing cardio on a restricted diet, while my body was in a depleted state.
I agree, with no carbs, the lemonade is very very good. My wife loves it as she really watches her carb intake

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh yo! I have been meaning to follow up with you. How did the show go? Or is it just around the corner?

bassgod272

Awards
  • Established
Oh yo! I have been meaning to follow up with you. How did the show go? Or is it just around the corner?
took 2nd out of 11 guys in the novice middleweight class and 6th out of 18 guys in the open middleweight class. pretty good for my first show ever :) i was dialed in and pretty much spot on, the fact remains that i just need more freakin pure muscle on my frame. i'm gonna PM you a link to my pics from the show. i REALLY wanna have dave use one for a testimonial, but you gotta buy them, so it'd be a while for me to do it. not sure if he'd be willing to buy one to use or not. they're $6.30 each :sad3:

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
took 2nd out of 11 guys in the novice middleweight class and 6th out of 18 guys in the open middleweight class. pretty good for my first show ever :) i was dialed in and pretty much spot on, the fact remains that i just need more freakin pure muscle on my frame. i'm gonna PM you a link to my pics from the show. i REALLY wanna have dave use one for a testimonial, but you gotta buy them, so it'd be a while for me to do it. not sure if he'd be willing to buy one to use or not. they're $6.30 each :sad3:
Awesome! That is a strong first show. And Dc will definitely want a pic or two. I'll take a look now and email him the info and Cc you on it.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, I'm a huge fan of BM as well. I go with the carbs though because of my training and goals I need the carb boost. In example I just ran the Marine Corps marathon and I have my wife stand by with some for me at a couple of points along the way and at the finish. This is the second race I've used it with. I did a half marathon a few months ago using it and use it in my training as well, for running and lifting obviously.

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i remember drinking a sample
and im telling you guys its an understatement to say it taste awesome cuz it was literally the best thing ive ever tasted no joke, im not even tryin to hype this up but IMO it was delicious

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i remember drinking a sample
and im telling you guys its an understatement to say it taste awesome cuz it was literally the best thing ive ever tasted no joke, im not even tryin to hype this up but IMO it was delicious
I'm putting this on our fb page. :D

ccnAbolic

ccnAbolic

Awards
  • Established
I have only tried blue raspberry and I love it. Mixes well once you let it sit for a minute. Tastes like blue raspberry Kool Aid. I work out first thing in the morning, so the carbs fuel me throughout my workout.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I did post mine in the reviews section but it got no love.

I thought it was polite to do so as it was a free sample- I thought it would get more attention in there, apparently not! :)

tattoopierced1

I did post mine in the reviews section but it got no love.

I thought it was polite to do so as it was a free sample- I thought it would get more attention in there, apparently not! :)
link?

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
Just a quick thought...you guys can certainly modify your body mortar flavors btw. I've used different flavors of crystal light to add to the body mortar when I start to get sick of the flavor. Strawberry lemonade, cherry lemonade, etc...

Anyone remember the old kool-aid flavor "purple-saurus-rex"? Well add a little sugar free grape mix to the lemon carb free body mortar. Enjoy!

JOHNJESSICA20

JOHNJESSICA20

Advanced Muscle Science Rep
Awards
  • Established
Ive been adding 5-6 scoops in my gallon water and sippn it through out day seems to make it easier to drink water with the added flavor

ccnAbolic

ccnAbolic

Awards
  • Established
Just a quick thought...you guys can certainly modify your body mortar flavors btw. I've used different flavors of crystal light to add to the body mortar when I start to get sick of the flavor. Strawberry lemonade, cherry lemonade, etc...

Anyone remember the old kool-aid flavor "purple-saurus-rex"? Well add a little sugar free grape mix to the lemon carb free body mortar. Enjoy!
A little strawberry-kiwi propel and you have "the Gread Bluedini" cept for no colot change... :D

ccnAbolic

ccnAbolic

Awards
  • Established
Got my fruit punch. Tates great. Almost want to just lick my finger and dip it in the tub a few times like Fun Dip...

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bumping for more feedback. Also we have a 50% off sale going now!
Looking to order. Is BM best use as an intra-workout drink, or post?

While I'm at it . . . are all the pro-anabolics available in the new liquid form? which is better, liquid or RD?

Thanks

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

While I'm at it . . . are all the pro-anabolics available in the new liquid form? which is better, liquid or RD?

Thanks
I actually use BM both intra and post. I try to finish a scoop intra, then about 15-30 min post workout (when you start feeling a little shaky and hungry) I slam another scoop.

I personally prefer the RD's just because they are portable. I like to carry a sleeve of them around with my during the day and just pop them like breath mints when needed. Hard to do that with the liquids.

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I personally prefer the RD's just because they are portable. I like to carry a sleeve of them around with my during the day and just pop them like breath mints when needed. Hard to do that with the liquids.
That's what I was thinking as I typed the message . . . convenience is KING

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Thanks
For me on days that I am lifting and such I drink some either about 15 minutes before lifting or during. Depending on what I am doing and how intense I am going. The more intense the less apt I am to actually take it intra. Really only because it's hard for me to sip anything, but water. Regardless of what it is. On days or sessions that I focus on endurance I don't take it prior, but rather during and how much/often depending on the distance/time I am to cover. I don't like much to have fluid sloshing around when starting out on a long run. I use BM quite often though and have had used it during both a half and a full marathon. I've been using it for about a year now. I've tried a few others here and there, but always come back to BM. Price, taste, quality.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Any flavors in addition to these guys would like to see? All feedback welcome...

Sour apple maybe? Or Orange.

Also, I would love to see Body Mortar with a focus on electrolytes as well (maybe a protein to carb ratio w/ electrolytes w/ BCAA's). You can call it Body Mortar Endurance (BME) or some such thing. As it is now I do at times mix BM with other electrolyte products to ensure my body is replenished during endurance sessions and races. It would be sweet to pick up one product. There are products like that on the market, but most don't concern themselves with BCAA's as much.

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sour apple maybe? Or Orange.

Also, I would love to see Body Mortar with a focus on electrolytes as well (maybe a protein to carb ratio w/ electrolytes w/ BCAA's). You can call it Body Mortar Endurance (BME) or some such thing. As it is now I do at times mix BM with other electrolyte products to ensure my body is replenished during endurance sessions and races. It would be sweet to pick up one product. There are products like that on the market, but most don't concern themselves with BCAA's as much.
Awesome suggestion! And you know what's weird you are not the only marathoner/triathlon that I've had tell me they use Body Mortar during their races. Maybe a market we need to cater to a bit more.

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Awesome suggestion! And you know what's weird you are not the only marathoner/triathlon that I've had tell me they use Body Mortar during their races. Maybe a market we need to cater to a bit more.
I love that idea! I am trying to balance the wt training and tri training so that I am able to maintain mass.

Ev52

Ev52

Awards
  • Established
A hydrolized rice syrup with bcaa's would be awesome. Keep the glutamine out of the formula for endurance. You also want to avoid proteins except soy. You don't want the immediate ammonia release. Glutamine eventually scavenges ammonia but initially it causes an increase.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Poll is still going if anyone wants to chime in.

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
I'd love to see a sour apple flavor and/or strawberry/rasperry lemonade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk