Status
Not open for further replies.
Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
"Due to its bitter flavor, epicatechin is often removed from common cocoa products"

I opened 1 cap of follidrone and tried to taste the powder. I am damn sensitive on things that are bitter but the follidrone powder was not bitter at all. It looks and taste like Flour.

Does it contain Epicatechin at all??

Reactions: mw1
NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
lol you loser, trying to stir the pot..

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Go to the supermarket buy a bag of all purpose flour and take 3 tabledpoons a day with a meal for a month.

Following month take Follidrone and report back with results of both months.
This was posted by brundel:

"I put cocoa in my coffee.
Good stuff. Lots of good properties. The (-)-epi is removed though*
Try tasting an FD cap."

As I said. I tried to taste FD Cap. There was 0 bitter taste so this is very strange!

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
This was posted by brundel:

"I put cocoa in my coffee.
Good stuff. Lots of good properties. The (-)-epi is removed though*
Try tasting an FD cap."

As I said. I tried to taste FD Cap. There was 0 bitter taste so this is very strange!
It contains what he put on the label.

Vj63

Banned
Awards
You have to understand that the epi that brundel uses is so much better than what anyone else is able to obtain it makes the usual properties not applicable in this case.

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You have to understand that the epi that brundel uses is so much better than what anyone else is able to obtain it makes the usual properties not applicable in this case.
Come on man, stop being soo gullible, thats like me saying x uses much better creatine that y when chances are they were both manufactured at the same place..

Rarchib

Rarchib

Awards
Why don't you just open another cap and see if there is a difference from the first

Vj63

Banned
Awards
C'mon buddy. I thought that my post was absurd enough to be clearly seen as tongue in cheek. Although there are some brundelbots on here that would probably think it was true. As for myself, I am going to give OL a run.

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
C'mon buddy. I thought that my post was absurd enough to be clearly seen as tongue in cheek. Although there are some brundelbots on here that would probably think it was true. As for myself, I am going to give OL a run.
Haha sorry, didnt sense the sarcasm through my phone screen, maybe a few !'s etc next time, help a brudda out

ttortman78

Awards
  • Established
Danes. If this is you from the bb.com boards(I don't post too often, I mostly browse). I know you know the good natty supps(bioforge v3, synthagen). I wanted to try epicatechin because the HUGE(who is an intelligent formulator) was behind it too. Unfortunately biotivia ran into tragedy(my condolences) but I was ready to try an epicatechin product. So I researched and found follidrone. I was lucky enough to secure 2 bottles 4 weeks ago. A couple more days and I'm done with the first bottle and WOW. I am so surprised that this lived up to its potential. It's right up there with bioforge v3 and synthagen for me if not better(want to wait till the end of 8 weeks for final evaluation). No wonder all these other epi products are starting to creep out of the woodwork. I think epicatechin is going to be BIG. Props to BLR for being the first.

moontan360

Awards
(-)-Epicatechin is almost tasteless (maybe a slight sweetness if anything). I'm not sure why some people are acting like it's fowl tasting. It would make sense for me if that capsules didn't have much taste.

Hockeyaus33

Hockeyaus33

Awards
  • Established
Danes. If this is you from the bb.com boards(I don't post too often, I mostly browse). I know you know the good natty supps(bioforge v3, synthagen). I wanted to try epicatechin because the HUGE(who is an intelligent formulator) was behind it too. Unfortunately biotivia ran into tragedy(my condolences) but I was ready to try an epicatechin product. So I researched and found follidrone. I was lucky enough to secure 2 bottles 4 weeks ago. A couple more days and I'm done with the first bottle and WOW. I am so surprised that this lived up to its potential. It's right up there with bioforge v3 and synthagen for me if not better(want to wait till the end of 8 weeks for final evaluation). No wonder all these other epi products are starting to creep out of the woodwork. I think epicatechin is going to be BIG. Props to BLR for being the first.
strong first post

Quadzilla99

Quadzilla99

Awards
  • Established
Its just as good as the broprint!

All aboard to Gainzzville!!

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks man.

I am not starting this thread to bash Folllidrone but i have actually bought 6 bottles of Folludrone.
Do i expect PH gains? No! Do i expect any strong effect of this? Not at all. .

But when you read about EPI (it is bitter stuf thats why it is removed from products) and you open a Follidrone cap anf there is no bitter taste at all.u mean 0% . Then u wonder if this contain EPI at all??

Even Brundel said in his post how bitter EPI is in follidrone. I have read a log there one of testers tried to open a cap. It tasted horrible.

So how can my follidrone powder be so tasteless??

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I haven't followed any of the logs, did anyone take before and after photos?

TheNietzsche

TheNietzsche

Awards
Even Brundel said in his post how bitter EPI is in follidrone. I have read a log there one of testers tried to open a cap. It tasted horrible.

So how can my follidrone powder be so tasteless??
I wonder if the tester caps were the prop blend with rice flour. The capsule is approximately half epicatechin and half rice flour so perhaps it tastes less bitter from being diluted some. Also, some people are more or less sensitive to that particular taste than others. Either way the logs speak for themselves...

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I wonder if the tester caps were the prop blend with rice flour. The capsule is approximately half epicatechin and half rice flour so perhaps it tastes less bitter from being diluted some. Also, some people are more or less sensitive to that particular taste than others. Either way the logs speak for themselves...
EPI has very bitter taste and that is why it is removed from many products. I am veeeeery sensitive to bitter things so thats why I wonder why follidrone powder is 100% tasteless.

If you use a bitter powder and blend it with a powder which is neutral in taste. It should still be bitter taste.

I hope One of BLR reps or owner can answer this one. Owner self said follidrone caps are bitter..

moontan360

Awards
EPI has very bitter taste and that is why it is removed from many products. I am veeeeery sensitive to bitter things so thats why I wonder why follidrone powder is 100% tasteless.

If you use a bitter powder and blend it with a powder which is neutral in taste. It should still be bitter taste.

I hope One of BLR reps or owner can answer this one. Owner self said follidrone caps are bitter..
Check out my post in the Follidrone Facts page in their section. (-)-Epicatechin in fact does NOT have a bitter taste. It's actually pretty tasteless...yet some say it has a very slight sweetness to it. Brundel admitted in the thread today that he spoke with his supplier again and he misspoken about the bitterness. The fact that the caps had very little taste is a good sign.

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Who the hell cares about the taste of what's in a capsule?

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I dont mind either BUT when I read about EPI (how bitter it is) and some users.said about nasty taste/bitter taste of follidrone caps while my caps (powder ) is tasteless..

So, did loggers got different product or did they said that without tasting at all.?

I would like to get some answer from Brundel

moontan360

Awards
What do you mean "who cares"? Obviously Dane had a legit concern about the product when it did not taste bitter like he was lead to believe. I'm simply stating the he was mis-informed about what (-)-Epicatechin actually taste like. This is something that should be discussed if it raises suspicion. Like I said though, it's a good sign that it in fact has little taste.

moontan360

Awards
I dont mind either BUT when I read about EPI (how bitter it is) and some users.said about nasty taste/bitter taste of follidrone caps while my caps (powder ) is tasteless..

So, did loggers got different product or did they said that without tasting at all.?

I would like to get some answer from Brundel
Check out post #2031 of the FAQs page.

"Your actually right.
I had just heard it was removed often from cocoa s it was bitter. Ive never tasted it but our chem supplier, who reads reads threads mentioned to me it doesnt taste bad. My mistake."

I can't speak for any product being sent out.....just wanted to let people know that it's actually pretty tasteless.

And your both right, besides trying to make sure what's supposed to be in the capsule is in there, I could give two ****s about how it taste if it's in a capsule.

RipdnTxs

Awards
  • Established
Its comical that he is so obsessed about the taste of the product, take it and work out and if it doesnt work for U then U have something to question !!!

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh Jesus. Can't wait for the "brundel spiked the caps with rice flour and MALTODEXTRIN to hide the bitter taste" etc

If everyone's twisted logic is that:

A) epi is bitter
B) lack of bitter taste = lack of epi
C) we're all being cheated on main ingredient,

then I don't know what will make you all believe you're getting the labeled dosage. It doesn't matter what the taste is. Use it and if you see increases in your workouts after a month, go from there. If you don't, don't buy it again.

So many red herrings in these threads from jealous companies, suspicious new members, and the same old naysayers.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What do you mean "who cares"? Obviously Dane had a legit concern about the product when it did not taste bitter like he was lead to believe. I'm simply stating the he was mis-informed about what (-)-Epicatechin actually taste like. This is something that should be discussed if it raises suspicion. Like I said though, it's a good sign that it in fact has little taste.
Thank you so much for understanding and actually giving me the right answer!

As i said. I am not bashing the product (bought 6 bottles) . I just wanted some answer:)

moontan360

Awards
Oh Jesus. Can't wait for the "brundel spiked the caps with rice flour and MALTODEXTRIN to hide the bitter taste" etc

A) epi is bitter

then I don't know what will make you all believe you're getting the labeled dosage. It doesn't matter what the taste is. Use it and if you see increases in your workouts after a month, go from there. If you don't, don't buy it again.

So many red herrings in these threads from jealous companies, suspicious new members, and the same old naysayers.
I could care less either way. I am infact a competing company who was, at one time, interested in using (-)-Epicatechin. However we've since decided NOT to pursue it. It's a great ingredient, however competition has stiffened and margins for this ingredient have quickly diminished to almost nothing. This is great for consumers, but not a good business move for a smaller company. I'm merely posting in this thread to educate consumers on how (-)-Epicatechin should taste...tasteless.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Got plenty if ya want to see using some PES along the journey as well

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

A) epi is bitter

I dont agree there.
If EPI is a very bitter ingredient and if it does not have any taste in a product it actually could be a spiked product. So its not like you say "just take the product and see if you get gains"

Like I said many times. I am NOT trying to bash this product. I am experienced supplement user and i gonna run this product 6 months.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I also wonder why did Brundel made EC (epicathecin) product without Grape seed extract and vitamin C in it. You can read c-vitamin and grape seed extract help with absorption and bioavailability. (Cant go wrong with citrus juice) but it should be written on box (take it with c vitamin or citrus juice).

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I also wonder why did Brundel made EC (epicathecin) product without Grape seed extract and vitamin C in it. You can read c-vitamin and grape seed extract help with absorption and bioavailability. (Cant go wrong with citrus juice) but it should be written on box (take it with c vitamin or citrus juice).
There are many ingreds that are enhanced through coingestion of other ingreds or where health risks are minimised through coingestion but are not included either on the bottle or in the actual product. Brundel has told us that he uses to higher dose to offset lower bioavailability as well.

In saying that, Brundel has stated that a V2 of follidone may be manufactured with ingreds that enhance bioavailability

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Look for the logs, read and than try it yourself. Point blank. If you don't believe in the product than don't try. Just like any other supplement you take, your hoping for results and enhancement in the gym.

Stop being cheap or biased about it and try it. If not get something else.

Just thought I say it. Hehe

Get fit, fat boys!

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
(-)-Epi and several other things are commonly removed from cocoa before its sold.
Several sources indicated this was because (-)-epi is bitter.
THats it.
If its not bitter, its not. Doesnt mean anything one way or the other. Ive never seen any reason to open a capsule and taste it personally but someone I know just takes the raw material in water and says its tasteless. So...guess its tasteless.

Regardless, the same ingredient has been in every capsule from the first we tested internally till the ones currently available. 0 difference.
Whats on the label is whats in the bottle.

Also we are testing absorption enhancement.
Im not gonna just throw it in there so it looks cool on the label. If it doesnt make a big difference there is no purpose.
Soon enough youll know because we are testing it publicly so people can see how it works.

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
seeing as a whole heap of competitors have released their epi products, when do you plan on removing the prop blend on foli?

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No not yet which is the issue I take with it.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
seeing as a whole heap of competitors have released their epi products, when do you plan on removing the prop blend on foli?
Im not in any hurry.
A whole heap of competitors releasing an EPI product is why there is a prop blend in the first place.
It is possible the ingredient profile may change to include several other ingredients soon.

If you particularly like products with no prop blend and 0 fillers our fat burner Incinderine will be back in stock on mon or tues.
Not super jittery.
Works very well.

per dose
600mg 50% EGCG green tea extract
100mg Rasp ketone
200mg caff
30mg synephrine
6mg yohimbine
60mg Forskolin 40%.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
No not yet which is the issue I take with it.
Ehh you spoke too soon, nothing spectacular in view of those dogs we all saw but Im making progress that IMO makes Folli and dang good staple. Check out my log and let me know what you think as I accept all forms of criticism and am always looking for ways to make them better

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I understand your thought process, but wouldn't making your label transparent clear up a lot of others perceptions of how yours is dosed, be it higher or lower than others in which case will benefit you?

Also not sure why you are pimping fat burners on me, this thread had nothing to do with them??

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Also you guys will be able to watch the testing of the absorption enhancement capsules we are experimenting with.
4-5 members will be running them starting next week.
All have run FD extensively and know how they respond. We will watch these guys closely and you can ask them directly if they think its making a difference.
We also have 12 people taking it not on the forums.
If it works well we will order the raws to include the absorption soon.
If it doesnt.....we wont do anything. We are using multiple ingredients all of which (in studies) appear to significantly improve absorption.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I understand your thought process, but wouldn't making your label transparent clear up a lot of others perceptions of how yours is dosed, be it higher or lower than others in which case will benefit you?

Also not sure why you are pimping fat burners on me, this thread had nothing to do with them??
Really it doesnt make sense to do so no. Exposing the exact profile doesnt benefit us any and it would benefit those looking to clone or copy.

Im pimping the fat burner to the general public.
Its also a way to shift a non fruitful thread into a fruitful one.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Also you guys will be able to watch the testing of the absorption enhancement capsules we are experimenting with.
4-5 members will be running them starting next week.
All have run FD extensively and know how they respond. We will watch these guys closely and you can ask them directly if they think its making a difference.
We also have 12 people taking it not on the forums.
If it works well we will order the raws to include the absorption soon.
If it doesnt.....we wont do anything. We are using multiple ingredients all of which (in studies) appear to significantly improve absorption.

Thank you very much

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Bioavailability of epicatechin after consumption of grape seed extract in humans

Natalie Eich1, Erik Schneider1, John Cuomo1, Alexander Rabovsky1, Joseph A. Vita2, Joseph Palmisano2*and Monika Holbrook2

1*Research and Development, USANA Health Sciences, Inc., 3838 Parkway Blvd, Salt Lake City, UT, 84120,*

2*Boston University School of Medicine, 715 Albany St, Boston, MA, 02118

ABSTRACT

Diets that are rich in plant foods have been associated with a decreased risk for specific disease processes and certain chronic diseases. In addition to essential macronutrients and micronutrients, the flavonoids in a variety of plant foods may have health-enhancing properties. Grape Seed Extract (GSE) is a common supplement that is known to be rich in the flavan-3-ol epicatechin and procyanidin oligomers. However, the bioavailability and the biological effects of the grape seed extract flavonoids are poorly understood. To begin to address these issues, we developed a method based on LC-MS detection to determine the physiological levels of epicatechin and catechin. This method allows for the determination of epicatechin in plasma at concentrations as low as 1 ng/mL.

We next evaluated the absorption of epicatechin, from 1-g grape seed extract taken orally in capsule form. By 2 h after ingestion, plasma epicatechin increased from an undetectable amount to 172 ng/ml (P,0.001). Consistent with the antioxidant properties of epicatechin, within three hours, there was a significant 25% increase in plasma antioxidant reserve (P, 0.05). The data support the concept that the consumption of grape seed extract can result in significant increases in plasma epicatechin concentrations as well as an increase in plasma antioxidant reserve.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Epicatechin + vitamin C + EGCG=better absorption and bioavailability

Touey

Touey

Awards
higher dose to offset lower bioavailability as well.
Upon taking more than two; rec. dose, no noticeable benefits are seen ergo, "two is the sweet spot" most find. It is about quality of (-)-epicatechin and finding absorption enhancers for what's already working than bomb dosing this ingredient to make up for absorption.

The idea being that if indeed the enhancers increase absorption up to 500%, simply "taking more
(-)-epicatechin" is not going to be akin to the ways these enhancers increase results, if indeed they're a success.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Jumping in on this Follidrone train. I was very skeptical at first. Endurance increased slowly during the first 4 weeks. I wasn't too impressed but decided to stick with my plan for an 8 week run. It hit hard at week 5! Took me by surprise as I'm an old dog!

Recovery is markedly improved. DOMS heals in half the normal time. I'm also seeing my energy is up later in the day. Eating at about maintenance and waist is holding at 34 1/2 relaxed. I'm holding off on measurements until week 8. Totally skeptical but seeing and feeling effects. Feeling like this has more a cutter/recomp effect.

I'm not a rep or affiliated with BLR and I highly recommend Follidrone. Try it, you will like it!

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Bioavailability of epicatechin after consumption of grape seed extract in humans

Natalie Eich1, Erik Schneider1, John Cuomo1, Alexander Rabovsky1, Joseph A. Vita2, Joseph Palmisano2*and Monika Holbrook2

1*Research and Development, USANA Health Sciences, Inc., 3838 Parkway Blvd, Salt Lake City, UT, 84120,*

2*Boston University School of Medicine, 715 Albany St, Boston, MA, 02118

ABSTRACT

Diets that are rich in plant foods have been associated with a decreased risk for specific disease processes and certain chronic diseases. In addition to essential macronutrients and micronutrients, the flavonoids in a variety of plant foods may have health-enhancing properties. Grape Seed Extract (GSE) is a common supplement that is known to be rich in the flavan-3-ol epicatechin and procyanidin oligomers. However, the bioavailability and the biological effects of the grape seed extract flavonoids are poorly understood. To begin to address these issues, we developed a method based on LC-MS detection to determine the physiological levels of epicatechin and catechin. This method allows for the determination of epicatechin in plasma at concentrations as low as 1 ng/mL.

We next evaluated the absorption of epicatechin, from 1-g grape seed extract taken orally in capsule form. By 2 h after ingestion, plasma epicatechin increased from an undetectable amount to 172 ng/ml (P,0.001). Consistent with the antioxidant properties of epicatechin, within three hours, there was a significant 25% increase in plasma antioxidant reserve (P, 0.05). The data support the concept that the consumption of grape seed extract can result in significant increases in plasma epicatechin concentrations as well as an increase in plasma antioxidant reserve.
This is about the 30th time this has been posted.
THanks. We are aware.
GSE has some potential but there are others with 10x better potential than GSE.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Since I havnt told anyone how much is in a cap and its not on the label you dont know this.
Its also incorrect.
Been reading about EPI in follidrone.
Well i am wrong but why dont you let people know how much epi it is in one cap?

That means it could be 10 mg epi in each cap

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Upon taking more than two; rec. dose, no noticeable benefits are seen ergo, "two is the sweet spot" most find. It is about quality of (-)-epicatechin and finding absorption enhancers for what's already working than bomb dosing this ingredient to make up for absorption.

The idea being that if indeed the enhancers increase absorption up to 500%, simply "taking more
(-)-epicatechin" is not going to be akin to the ways these enhancers increase results, if indeed they're a success.
THis is true.
It seems like low doses are poorly absorbed and super high doses also dont seem to be well absorbed.
I believe there is a sweet spot and there are studies to support this as well. We did our best to hit the spot perfectly and judging by the reviews and logs we did it.
I also think we can improve absorption but this is not done by taking a higher dose its done by improving absorption.
No reason to spend more of your hard earned cash on taking a higher dose as it wont likely make any difference!

I shipped caps to you on Thurs Touey.

Take 1 per day with your FD.
If you feel fine after a 2-3 days start 2 with the FD.

Report any sides or effects. :)

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This doesnt even make any sense.
Whats your point exactly?

Yes it says more than 200%. so what.
And it says over 100mg. Again...so what.
The third thing just makes no sense so I dont know how to respond.
Since you are polite i would say thank you and will run follidrone couple of months (i have 6 bottles).

Status
Not open for further replies.