Bloodnthunder's XTENDed bulk: ready,set, GO

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Recently I was fortunate enough to correctly guess one of scivation Xtend's new flavors and won a fantastic prize package which included a full bottle of Xtend, a full bottle of Xtend Perform, a full bottle of Xtend Go, A full can of Primaforce's Peako2(which I just concluded a log on), a 48oz blender bottle, a supp funnel and an assortment of samples as well.

As a thank you for such an outstanding prize package I decided to go ahead and run this non-sponsored log of Xtend GO. I will also be comparing GO with the original Xtend and Perform throughout this log. At the end I'll include a detailed and hopefully concise summation of my thoughts regarding GO.

To date GO is the only product from this company I've yet to try. But just to lay some groundwork for you I'll let you know up front that I only use Xtend products as my BCAA source. For the majority of the year I use the original XTEND and during cuts I switch over to Perform.

As far as flavors go I've tried all the Xtend flavors, not including the 2 new flavors, but am sure I'll try those eventually as well. For Perform, I've only used the Black Cherry flavor, but have a bottle of the mango as part of my prize package and am looking forward to trying that out in the near future.

As far as all those Xtend flavors go, they're all very good. My least favorite is pineapple but that's just bc for me pineapple is a flavor that I'll yearn for but then get tired of rather quickly, but oh those first few times it's delicious. Primarily though I switch back and forth between watermelon and grape, just bc I love those flavors so much. This also happens to b the only reason I've only tried the Perform black cherry bc it's so so tasty. And that's kinda how I am with food as well. I'll go to a restaurant and if I love the first thing I try I'll pretty much just go back to that again and again.

Why I love Xtend over other Bcaas? Taste is spot on, mixes perfectly every time regardless if in a cup and stirred by a spoon or two n a blender bottle. Also the cost associated with this product is very agreeable. They also give you a nice little bonus with the inclusion of citruline Malate in each scoop. Finally it just feels right drinking any time of day but especially so intra workout when you need it most.

Ok, with all that background information behind us, the difference between GO and original Xtend is the dosing of 200mgs of caffeine anhydrous which is a form of caffeine used in many of the pwos we all take, it's basically a form of caffeine with the difference being regarding water molecules. It's an effective dose for sure. Also they include 200 msg of theanine, which is used in many ways but primarily as nootropic, where it's biggest benefits lay in the realm of relaxation and focus. You'll also see this used in doses ranging between 100-200 in many of the supplements which include a cognitive blend. 200 is an excellent dosing.

That all said I'll be logging my workouts and will make notes of how GO made a difference or didn't. I'll try it out at different times but will primarily use it as an intra workout product.

If anyone ever has a question or comment you are encouraged to create dialogue.
TheSolution 1Fast400

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
For the first day I had a huge workout in front of me.

You see I was planning on hitting my normal shoulders traps and arm workout in the evening yesterday. Normally I lift afternoons but I really wanted to see the new Star Wars film so flipped the script. Then after the film I found out my buddy had an extra ticket to the hockey game and couldn't pass that up. So took yesterday off.

Today I did the shoulder trap arm workout but also added some legs into the equation. The session took roughly 3 hours and it's actually kind of amazing I got through it.

I decided to give this product a pure test. I didn't use my normal mesomorph PWO, instead I used a non-stim pump product.

I dosed 1 scoop GO intra workout. The taste was exactly how I remembered the original blue raspberry Xtend. Very tasty.

Ok on to the workout

Seated bb shoulder press
Full ROM 95x12,135x10. 185x8 (nose level), 205x6 (top of forehead), 215x4(top of head). 155x10, 135x12- these last two sets I started off full ROM and as the reps went on the ROM decreased

Hang clean- 2x10,135,145. 155x8. I could've got 10 but stupid headphones flipped down over my eyes at that last rep and for safety reasons still there

Upright bb row 95x12 (very wide), 115x10 (shoulder width), 135x10 (hands together close)

Ss
Low pulley delt side raise 3x12. 5,10,15
Hoist rear fly machine 3x12. 150,170,190

Ss
Db shrug. 3x20 45,50,55
Db overhead shrug 3x20. 15,17.5,20

Ss
Kelso shrug 3x15. 80lbs
Incline skull 3x12. 80lbs

Ss
Ez preacher curl wide grip. 3x12 80lbs
1 arm seated overhead tri ext. 3x12 30lbs

Incline db curl. 35lbs x 8,12,12.

First set I didn't wait long enough between sets.

Ss
Vbar pushdown 3x15. 50,57.5,65
Rope hammer 3x12. 55,57.5,65

Tri set
Leg press (low and in position) 3x15 180,270,360
Leg press (high and wide position) same
Calf press 3x20 same

Circuit 3 rounds

Db step ups 25lbs. 1 minute
Bw Step up with high knees 1 minute
Bw walking lunges 1 minute

Hanging legs raises 3x20

I had nothing left. Not a bit. So skipped cardio

Ok. Here's the thing. My power was pretty close to on par, actually a few lifts better than usual. I was really tired initially but as I was drinking the GO through the workout I could feel energy coming back. It kinda worked like this throughout the entire workout. Exhausted/energized/etc..,

I'm so used to starting my workouts all amped up from the 1,3 it took me some time to get used to waiting for the energy surges. But as I got used to it it can work. And I managed to keep going for such a long time without really sacrificing power for the most part.

I think this has promise. Next time out I'm taking my pre and using this intra. So when the pre starts wearing down this'll start kicking in. The amount of caffeine intake won't be bad either bc you're only getting a little but each sip throughout the session. Idk this could b really good for me going forward bc and hit the weights so hard I'm almost always shot for cardio. The peako2 I logged really kept the recovery high and increased endurance in its own way but this could have a similar effect. Am interested to see how this will work for me over the course of various sessions.

But even though I was pretty tired at periods today this did the job giving me enough of a boost to carry out a very long session. So for normal sessions I could see someone not needing a pre or using a non-stim one.

Very informative day for me

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
If you are stacking this with another pre-workout thats bad news. And a little overkill.
Most pre's will even state on the label do not stack with other forms of caffeine or supplements containing caffeine. May want to back down especially if your reaching the point of 500mg of caffeine just to stay sane and maintain your focus/energy for a workout. The body can only handle so much for so long. (meso + Go would be 500mg)

Remember the key focus of a log is not stacking X Y and Z Products. its taking 1 product and using it as the solo agent to give it full 100% Feedback.

If you take GO and stack it with a pre-workout that is stimmed, and a non-stim, then there will be many other factors that give you the feedback making it skewed. So you have to remember stacking a lot of things does not give informative or proper feedback. Just my 2 cents for ya bud.

Good work and thanks for getting this up and running.

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ok. I hear you. I won't stack with a pre. I think for Monday then I'll use GO as my before workout and use Xtend intra as I've always done. Normally I take one scoop Xtend with my PWO meal and then take my pre on way to gym then my Xtend during the workout. So I'll swap out the GO for the pre and just have water with my meal then use Xtend intra. The Xtend shouldn't skew any feedback bc it's the same thing minus the caffeine and theanine

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
0 need to take xtend with a pre-workout meal or any meal unless your not getting enough protein or leucine (3g worth)
Just wasted BCAA's.

best utilized between meals spaced 4-6 hours apart, with meals that don't have 3g leucine (to reach leucine threshold for MPS), or for fasted training upon waking (10g worth)

Between meals:
http://www.slideshare.net/biolayne/optimal-protein-intake-and-meal-frequency-to-support-maximal-protein-synthesis-and-muscle-mass

Taking with meals:
http://jn.nutrition.org/content/139/6/1103.full
* He also addressed this in a Q&A at the arnold in an open seminar*

fasted training:

Fasted training
http://www.leangains.com/2010/04/leangains-guide.html
Training is initiated on an empty stomach and after ingestion of 10 g BCAA or similar amino acid mixture. This "pre-workout" meal is not counted towards the feeding phase. Technically, training is not completely fasted - that would be detrimental. The pre-workout protein intake, with its stimulatory effect on protein synthesis and metabolism, is a crucial compromise to optimize results. The 8-hour feeding phase starts with the post-workout meal.

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Lol. I've been wasting bcaa for years then. I just love drinking them. Ok. I'll see how things go without the extras

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Lol. I've been wasting bcaa for years then. I just love drinking them. Ok. I'll see how things go without the extras
Its not necessary
Thats like saying you need to add BCAA's to whey protein which already has a full spectrum of BCAA's/EAA's to meet leucine content.
Not needed bud. Save your $ and buy more REAL food.

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Over the course of this log I wanted to try out a few different splits and with Christmas Eve on Saturday which is when we all get together for the day and gym closed Christmas Day I decided to go to a traditional 5 day split for this week.

I do throw in a little extra at the end of each workout but overall when I do this type of split my workouts run from 45-75 minutes. Today it took 68 for the workout and 25 for the cardio.

I decided to take TheSolutions advice and roll out a totally no pre day. I didn't waste any Xtend either lol. Had s big pre workout meal. 8 oz corned beef and 8 oz pasta. Slowly began sipping on the go as I got to the gym while changing and drank the rest intra workout.

Chest

Bb bench 100x10,135x10,185x12,225x8,245x5,250x4,245x5,225x7

Did these at a different tempo then I usually do. Went with two seconds down, 1 second pause at bottom and 2 seconds up with another pause at top.

I feel the pause really made the lift a lot harder. At first I was kinda disappointed I didn't get the 10 reps I got last week for 225 but then realized that 8 with the pause was probably actually better than 10 no paused reps. So pretty happy about that

Incline bb. Same tempo
135x12,155x6,165x6,175x5

Decline bb at the power rack

For these I placed the bars at the bottom position which made this extremely hard for me. Deadstop for each rep.

135x12,185x8,205x5,225x5,135x15

That last set was purely for ego. I felt awful getting 2 on previous lift and I knew it was bc of the setup but in any case I wanted to get a really good rep set in to finish

Ss
Hoist fly with low position 130x12,150-2x10
Hoist fly high position 85x12,125-2x10

Ss
Close grip. Very close hand position 135x8,8,9
Isometric svend press 3x12

Ss
Rope pd 3x20. 30,35,40
Kneeling rope crunch 3x20,65,70,80

Ss
Bw dips 3x12
Hanging leg raises 3x20

High pulley oblique bend 3x12 42.5

20 min stair master level 5. 5 min cool down

This shorter workout worked out much better with GO. Still got that trickling in of energy throughout the workout but instead of being completely toast at the end of the session I had plenty in the tank to do a hard cardio session

It's a bit of a getting used to type of thing without having a high power pre in you as u get to the gym. That initial aggression and intensity isn't there at first but as u go on in the workout u get plenty enough energy to satisfactorily nail the session down.

After today I can see someone who wants to save some $ and just use go as a stand alone product and still hit the workout well.

For tomorrow I'm going to use Go before I get to the gym, like I would a pre and then drink water intra workout. I'm gonna guess you'll get that energy right of the bat and what I want to find out is how long that energy will last throughout the session.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Take go pre and then xtend intra
Rock that out brother.
Good 1-2 combo there. or just put 1 scoop go and 1 scoop xtend in your big shaker and drink it pre/intra

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Today went really well.

Took Go as I left for gym and it was done by the time I got there, then used Xtend as intra.

Energy hit pretty quickly. Not crazy amped up energy but a clean energy if that makes sense. In any case I was ready to go

Warmed up with

Bat wings. 55-4x5
Straight arm pulldown 30x50. Slow and controlled

Dead

135x12,225x10,275x10,315x7,365x2, 385-2x1, 390x1

A new pr at 390. I really wanted to try the 405 but that 390 was tough and although my body told me I could get the 405 I didn't try it as that injury about a month ago happened when I pushed for 1 extra rep. But stoked for a pr and without the dmaa

Bent over row.

Now I really don't know what the heck got into me here but these came so easy today. I've never lifted anywhere close to what I'm about to tell you b4. I still can't believe I actually hit these numbers today
225x10, 245x9,275x6,315x3,225x10,135x15-super wide grip

Seated vbar row. 200x12,260x7,270x6

Wide grip pulldown 160-3x10

Bar curl. 3x12. 65,85,95

Db hammer 60-2x12,65x10

Standing calf machine 310x20,315x15,320x12

Seated calf 90x30,20,20

Felt really great though the entire day. Energy level never dropped throughout and power was crazy early and settled down to normal towards end.

I spent a long time on my first 2 lifts today so workout took a bit longer than it could've and bc of that said ran out of time so had to skip cardio today.

Will run the same protocol tomorrow for shoulder trap abs cardio day

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Just make sure your form is good on deads.
You were not going anywhere near deep enough on squats.
Remember its not about the weight, make sure that form is in check. If you don't stimulate a muscle properly it won't grow, and the added stress of more weight & Bad form = bad news on your joints.

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks bob. Yeah I'm solid on dl. mkretz took care of that months ago for me when he was nice enough to sit with me while doing dl and he kept pointing out things to change and we didn't stop until I nailed it down.

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ran same protocol as yesterday with Go pre Xtend intra.

Had plenty enough energy throughout the session and had s pretty good workout

Deadstop military press
45x12,95x12,135x10,145x8,155x4,3,4

I actually really love these deadstop on the power rack bc they force me into completing full ROM for the lift and by stopping completely it adds difficulty to the lift imo. Impressed I hit the 135 and 145 for what I got but found it odd that for only 10 more lbs I dropped from 8 reps to 4 and 3. Not sure why but I'm n any case I know I gave what I had

Behind neck deadstop
95x12,115x8,125x7

Really not sure I like this movement, still giving it a fair shot but it seems like it puts s lot of unnecessary tension on the shoulder even wth doing it with full rom

Bb front raise overhead
2x12. 45,55
Bb front raises normal
2x12. 65,75

Side lateral raises drop sets
40x12/15x12, 40x10/15x12,40x12/15x12

Rear delt fly seated
3x12 60lbs

Hoist rear fly machine
150x10,10,12

Bar shrug 3x20 135,185,225

Db overhead shrug 25x20,30x20,35x15

Circuit
Ab roller 3x12
Hanging leg raises 3x20
Standing oblique crunch 3x12

20 minutes stair master

Again plenty of energy to complete this and I even got a decent pump without really much of any no ingredients outside the cit mal in the Go and Xtend

Also really felt a ton of focus today. Much more than the previous days so guess that dose of theanine and s plenty enough to provide quality focus

Again after this day I feel like this product could really be a nice product to use as a pre were u can save the money on a pre and use this. Tomorrow will be a big test as I'm doing legs so I can't wait to see if the energy level is adequate on such a hard day

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Do not do behind the head. It has caused a lot of injuries for lots of lifters all the time. I would 100% drop that instantly. Its not a very safe exercise. unless your doing it very light for high reps.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
PM's are full. I think I shot you an email to the correct email addy. Hit me back.

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Leg day.

I am toast right now. Legs are completely like rubber lol

Took Go pre and Xtend intra and I lie this combo. It provides u just enough energy to crank out a solid workout and provide u with a nice degree of focus. Today was the big test though. As I find my concentration drifting sometimes on leg day when I get tired. But I had no problem today really. My focus was on point for basically every rep and just trucked along with enough energy to complete the day.

I have noticed though that there's a huge difference in terms of intra set recovery as I went straight from using peako2 to not using it and the rest times needed gave definitely increased. Just a side note

Abductiion/adduction ss 150x30. Slow and controlled really loosening up the add and abd muscles and opening up the hips

Did 10 bw squats and gauged a position lower than parallel. Used that to set the bars on the power rack

3x10. Starting at bottom. 95,135,185

Full squat
2x10. 225,275. 3x6 315lbs

Major major difference going deep every rep. I was hitting 365x6 every time out the depth I used to use but after working out with mkretz and TheSolution they both told me I needed to go deeper so that's what I did and made sure to lock the Lats tight and paid strict attention to form and made sure I touched the bars I pre set each and every rep. What this all equated to was deeper full rom reps but the weight was dramatically tougher to hit and there was no way I could hit anything more than what I got today. So now I actually know what my pr is for going forward. Thanks guys for pointing things out for me. It helped a lot.

Front squat
225x8,245x6,255x5

Sumo dl
3x10. 135,185,205

Bb hack squat
205x5,185x5,135-2x7

I just couldn't keep form together on this lift today. Idk why bc I know the form and have consistently nailed it time and again but for whatever reason it just wasn't going today. So I kept dropping weight and form got a little better at the low end but still wast what I wanted so stopped b4 I hut myself

Bb lunges. Bar 2x12 each leg

High leg press 3x10. 270,450,630
Calf press 3x20. Same

Seated calf. 3x20. 70,100,120

Hoist prone leg curl. 138x8,158x8,178x6

I could barely walk at this point. It was like all I could do was laugh bad. So hit the showers

GO passed the leg test though. Not crazy energy but just enough to groove on without sacrificing power. Also there's no crash with Go at all

Tomorrow's arms abs cardio

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Personally i ditch hacks. They suck. they kill my knees and I just DONT do them.
hopefully some of the tips and intensity techniques we used can help you and your training.

Ill be back up for Marty's BDAY on the 21st of Jan.

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Today I did arms abs and cardio. I had to make it really fast bc I'm an idiot and hadn't bought many gifts and had to take care of that.

So I ran circuits today and took no rest at all.

Jogging treadmill 5 minutes

Circuit
Ez curl 3x12 80
Skull 3x12 80
Bench lying leg raises 3x15
Step ups with high knees 3 x 1 min

Circuit
Incline db curl 3x12 35.
Overhead tri ext 3x15. 70lbs
Crunch 3x20
Db clean 3 x 1 minute

Circuit
Alternating db curl 3x12 30
Db kick back 3x12 30
Db side bends 3x12 30
Running in place 3 x 1 min

Circuit
Rope pd 3x20 35
Rope hammer 3x20 35
Standing oblique crunch 3x20 per side
Running in place 3 x 1 min

Bike fast as heck pace 3 minutes minutes

Wholr workout took about 45 minutes. I was drenched. I was constantly gassed but was able to keep my pace up throughout. Go did great for me today. Completely satisfied with energy level and focus throughout session.

While I've liked the energy GOs provided so far I have to say seeing this was basically a long cardio session I think GO works amazing for cardio. Although I was gassed I never once wavered in pace or energy and feel that I still had some more in me but stopped bc of time

Have a merry Christmas everyone and I'll see you all back on Monday

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Weekend was fun, hope all yours was as well. Unfortunately I ate way too much and while I am still bulking, I'm disappointed in myself for going overboard as I did.

Anyhow back to the grind

Bench. 135x12,225x10,245x7,255x6,260x5,255x6,245x5

Incline 136x12,145x10,155x10,165x8,175x6

Decline 135. 3x12

Incline fly 40-3x12 drop on last set 20x12

Hanging leg raises 4x15

Ab roller 3x12

High pulley oblique bend 3x12 42.5

20 minutes stair master

Focus was great, energy could've been better today though, but I don't feel it's a negative on GO today bc I really didn't sleep well last night and was super sluggish all morning. This to me just proves that when it comes to ore workouts, which is basically what I've been using GO as, you just can't expect miracles if you don't have the other things locked down. But that said I still was able to finish this workout without sacrificing too much power, outside the decline which if I'm being honest I feel like I kinda mailed that one in, but on a while I got through it and while tired I know I wouldn't have made it without the help of GO today

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Good stuff mayne. Lets get back in the swing of things.

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Today was pretty good. I got a good nights sleep and felt fine all day. Plenty of energy at gym again

Bat wings 4x5 55lbs
Rope straight arm pulldown 50x20

Dl
135x12,225x10,275x10,315x8,365x2,385x1,395x1,405x1

This went amazing. It was pretty weird as the warm up sets felt a little tough but once I hit the 275 everything got a whole lot easier and I felt like a beast. The goal for today was to simply lift hard and do what I did last week 390x1. But the 385 was so easy and then the 395 was fairly easy I thought it was time to finally go for the 4 plates. It was tough and don't think I would have got it with 5 more lbs on the bar but super happy I got it. Guess all those extra carbs from the weekend really did the trick

Bent over row 185x12,225x10,245x8,275x6

I started feeling a bit tired after these but still finished strong

Wide grip pulldown 120x12,160x10,180x9,200x5

Seated row with handles 3x10 145,160,180

Seated calf 3x25 75,100,125

Standing bb calf raises 4x25 135,185x3

It's funny bc after the deads I was still really filled with energy and feelings of strength but u just don't realize how taxing those are until a little later. But I'm very pleased with today's session and GO gave me just enough energy to get through and the focus has been spot on since starting this

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I know you like to train heavy, but as I saw during your squats your form started to fade fast. Marty also said the same on your deads. I see you max out off often. I would suggest not doing so as it will tax your CNS and take its toll on you joints. Be better to focus on periodization and using RPE (look it up) and training not till failure but leaving 1 or 2 reps in the tank and getting that form down. While powerlifting and maxing out is great, remember the focus of the game is longetivity. I would rather see you in your 50's and 60's walking and not with broken knees or backs :)

Get a short clip of that DL up if you can man. Lets see where your at

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'll get a vid of dl next week when I hit it again.

Went with a fast pace tempo today. Mainly high reps.

Seated shoulder press ROM in ()
2x12 45,95. (Chest), 135x10 (chest)
155x8 1-5(chest)6-8(chin). 155x8 1-3(chest) 4-6(chin) 7-8 (nose)

Dead stop standing military press
115x10,125x7,135x5

Upright row
95x12 (close grip), 115x10 (slightly less than shoulder width), 125x8 (shoulder width), 135x8 (wide)

Hang clean
3x10. 95,116,135

Bar shrug
3x20 135,185,205

Side lateral raises
45x10,40x11,35x12

Lying rear fly
40x13,45x12,13

Kelso shrug
3x15 100 lbs

Circuit. 3x20
Crunches
Flutter kicks
Heel touchers

20 min stair master

Left some in the tank early on and to b honest it kinda felt like cheating. I've always gone by the philosophy that your last rep should b the last one I can get. Definitely leaves u with ability to go harder and subsequent lifts though

Lying rear fly. I do this from time to time but I prefer the seated or the standing versions.

As for the GO today. Focus just keeps getting better and energy levels are fine. I guess the main point I've learned so far with using GO as a pre is that u really don't need all the extra "juice" that the loaded pres give u. They're nice but in reality the energy this provides is more than adequate and as far as pumps go, certainly they're not as prevalent but the amount of cit mal when combined with Xtend is enough to give u a decent pump.

And not crashing after is a definite plus as well

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Not cheating at all
You will soon realize that leaving a rep or two in the tank is better for you mentally and physically.
Especially because its not about working till you can't anymore. it is about working out to stimulate the muscle properly and then getting in and out with reasonable volume . Remember more is not always better

keep the feedback rolling.

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Today worked out better than anticipated. I really didn't feel like working out today, not at all. To make matters worse, it was leg day. I came so close to taking the day off. It wasn't for lack of sleep, had a full 8 last night. It wasn't bc I was hurt or sore. Just one of those days when u wake up and really don't want to do anything.

But I made it to the gym. I wanted to get it through quickly though so I created a quick one that still hit the target areas well

Abduction/adduction ss 155x30

Squat. 1 min rest
10x10. 45,95,135,185, 225x6

Definitely left a lot in the tank as far as weight goes but man was that brutal. The sweat was pouring off me.

Leg press calf press ss 720lbs 3x10/15
1 minute rest

Seated leg curl 3x20 100,115,120
Slow and controlled with long negative on last of each set.

About 2 minutes rest

Horizontal calf press 250x25,310x20,380x16

About 1 min rest

Legs were toast.

Spent about 20 minutes foam rolling and hit the shower

Plenty of energy to get through. Thought focus would b issue today but absolutely wasn't.

Kind of wish I used Perform instead of Xtend today or threw in some peako2 in my Xtend bc I was super gassed during those squats and I know how much that helps recovery between sets. But I didn't and still had no trouble getting it all in just prob could've had a little easier if I had

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Another fast workout today. And I have to say by keeping the pace up and the workouts fast really plays well with the energy and focus GO provides. So far I've tried long workouts with it and while the energy is enough to get through a tough long one GO really shines when u run an up tempo hi pace type of workout. I think the energy and focus it provides merges nicely with the bcaa assimilation that Xtend always gives u in these types of workouts, as the hi pace is really like an extended cardio session and I've always felt bcaas in general lend themselves perfectly to provide u with the needed amino uptake u expend while burning through a cardio session.

Tri set
Incline db 70x12,80x12,90x10
1 arm db row 3x12 same weights
Db shrug 3x15 same weights

Ss
Bench 3x12 145,155,165
Leverage high row. 3x12 140,160,180

Ss
Crossover 3x12 20,25,30
Real slow, controlled with pause at peak
Vbar pd 3x12 120

Ss
Vbar seated row 3x12 120x2,140
Straight arm pulldown 3x12 30

Db pullover 3x15 75lbs

5 min miss. Jog treadmill
11 min hiit 20/40

lol I was going to do 20 mins with hiit but had to go to restroom really bad and had to stop and after I just wasn't in mood to go back out again

Left a lot on the table today. I hope I'm getting the needed stimulus bc I'm leaving gym feeling like I could've done a lot more but I took weights I could typically hit for 15 or so reps and did them at the 12 mark today. But unfortunately did notice by doing this every rep was perfect where sometimes going to failure form does wane from time to time on last rep or two. Also rom was spot on every time too.

Just trying to wrap my mind around not being destroyed each time out. It's really the only way I've ever lifted so this technique is totally new to me.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Better form = longer health and less injuries and better joint health.
Remember its not about training to failure and killing yourself and having your form go out of whack.
Would you rather stimulate the muscle properly? or do an exercise improper and not reap the full benefits?

Think about that for a second man.
Training is not about killing yourself. its about doing it right.

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Today didn't happen. I wound up sleeping 11 hrs last night and woke up way too late. That combined with gym closing super early for nye=missing arms.

So glad it was arm day though. At least they got some work this week through 2 chest and back days and shoulders.

Hope everyone has a very happy New Years. See y'all Monday

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Today didn't happen. I wound up sleeping 11 hrs last night and woke up way too late. That combined with gym closing super early for nye=missing arms.

So glad it was arm day though. At least they got some work this week through 2 chest and back days and shoulders.

Hope everyone has a very happy New Years. See y'all Monday
Your body needs the rest. Get some food in your system, and get ready to crush it next time man..

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Better late than never I'll get in on this:) I've always been a big extend fan.

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Had a great weekend, actually wound up staying up to see ball drop for first time in years lol

Here's my little rant for the day. Now I'm all for people trying to better themselves by hitting the gym. I'll help someone out however I can to help them get there. But, I can't stand the gym being overcrowded with so many ppl who are clearly not interested in being in the gym to workout. Today was totally insane. Every station occupied, ppl just sitting around, ppl not letting you work in, actually having no clue what u mean etc. then u have to guys who u see doing cardio and then as you're leaving u see them lighting up smokes outside. Anyhow I for one will b very happy when these resolution ppl fade away. It's obnoxious to those that r serious. End rant

Bc if this zoo like atmosphere I couldn't do everything I wanted to today. So did what I could

Bench
135x12, 225x6,7,7

Incline
135x12,155x10,175x8,185x6

Hoist fly.
4x12. 85,105,125,145

Close grip bench 1 set rest paused between
135x10-8-6-4-7

Rope pd
30x30,50x12, 65x8-drop-50x7-drop-35x7

Ss
Hanging leg raises 3x15
Pallof press with rotation 22.5-3x12

Stair master 20 minutes

Plenty of energy today. And despite the aggravating gym atmosphere excellent focus again.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Anything to note on Flex?
I am sure all the good food will put to use and be good for energy this week brother. Let us know what you note during the week and on your workouts.

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well we'll see about what that extra food will do lol. Should help though. So far with the flex, this am was the fourth day in the loading phase, three more st the six tablets per day. Haven't really felt anything crazy out of the ordinary yet, but have slept better since starting, not sure that's even a possible positive side from it or not, but it's happened so I'm noting it. Didn't have any elbow soreness at all today benching or with tri work, but left a few in tank all day and soreness usually hits on those max type lifts. I think the timing was s going to be perfect though as my last day of loading period is on Thursday which will be leg day and knees aren't the greatest and always sore after squatting and compound, knee-centric movement regardless of how heavy I go. The wraps shelter the soreness while lifting but almost always feel it later and next day so that'll be first real test for flex imo.

Eventually over and he course of this flex run I'm going to do a session or two of long 45 minutes + miss running. Knees and hips are always tender after I do those, which is why I try to stay away from longer cardio and stick to tabata, hiit or liss. So if this alleviate that it'll open up a new avenue for me to use in cardio rotation.

Do others typically have noticeable reactions to flex this quickly. To be ho set I really wasn't expecting anything to be noticeable until the end of the last axing phase?

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Well we'll see about what that extra food will do lol. Should help though. So far with the flex, this am was the fourth day in the loading phase, three more st the six tablets per day. Haven't really felt anything crazy out of the ordinary yet, but have slept better since starting, not sure that's even a possible positive side from it or not, but it's happened so I'm noting it. Didn't have any elbow soreness at all today benching or with tri work, but left a few in tank all day and soreness usually hits on those max type lifts. I think the timing was s going to be perfect though as my last day of loading period is on Thursday which will be leg day and knees aren't the greatest and always sore after squatting and compound, knee-centric movement regardless of how heavy I go. The wraps shelter the soreness while lifting but almost always feel it later and next day so that'll be first real test for flex imo.

Eventually over and he course of this flex run I'm going to do a session or two of long 45 minutes + miss running. Knees and hips are always tender after I do those, which is why I try to stay away from longer cardio and stick to tabata, hiit or liss. So if this alleviate that it'll open up a new avenue for me to use in cardio rotation.

Do others typically have noticeable reactions to flex this quickly. To be ho set I really wasn't expecting anything to be noticeable until the end of the last axing phase?[/QUOTE]

Yes
People note differences and changes in a matter of 3-4 days just like yourself. The stuff is a miracle drug.

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ok. Lots to get to today.

Woke up extremely tired. Terrible sleep last night, which sucks bc ever since I started flexatril I was sleeping nicely, oh well it's not what product is for but I thought maybe I was getting an extra benefit.

So I almost skipped session today. Glad I didn't though. Total twilight zone stuff here. I expected nothing bc of how tired I was, but was just hoping I could get some decent work in.

But once I got there and did my typical back warm up
Bat wings 55. 4x5
Rope straight arm pulldown 50x20
Kb swing 20x25

This rush of crazy energy took hold of me. Now I'm not sure if it was bc of the extra food from the weekend finally kicking in or if the GO. It's odd bc at this point after a bunch of workouts I'm pretty comfortable knowing the type of smooth energy GO provides, but today it was like aggressive power energy. Really unexpected but awesome it happened.

Deadlift
135x12,225x10,315x8,365x2,415x1,365x2, 315x5,5,6

I wish I would've remembered earlier than I did, bc I would've videotaped the 415, but remembered just before last set. Do video here is of my last set of deads, 315x6

https://vimeo.com/197962814

Side note for flex:
I was so tired I forgot to put on my knee wraps today and I didn't even realize it until I went to Change after the shower. This is kinda nuts bc I would've normally felt it in my knees with deads. But like I said didn't even realize I didn't have them on.

Bent over row:
225x12,245x10,265x8,275x6,225x8,185x10

Last two were extremely wide grip

Ss
Wide grip pulldown
140x10,180-2x8,160x10
1 arm straight arm pulldown 3x10 10lbs

Leverage ISO row
3x10 45,90,135 per side

Ez curl 3x12 60lbs

Rope hammer 3x12. 52.6,57.5,62.5

1 arm low position cable curl 2x10 12.5lbs with exaggerated peak hold and long negative

Standing calf machine 3x12 210,230,250
Extended peak hold

Seated calf 90x30,115-2x15

Stair master 20 minutes

I had the sickest bicep pump today as well. Pretty crazy that I got this with only the cut mal in the GO and Xtend.

Btw, remembered why grape is clearly my second fav flavor. Been on watermelon kick for long while now switched up today and awesome grape.

An amazing day on a day I thought I'd gave nothing.

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Quick day today.

Deadstop military
3x10. 45,95,115. 135x7,7,5

Side lateral raises 3x12 35

Seated db rear fly 3x12 35,40,45

Ss
Db front raises 3x10. 15
V-press 3x15. 15

Scott press 45x10,50x10,55x7

Face pull 3x20. 30

Calf machine shrug 300x15,290x16,280x17

1 arm smith shrug 3x12 95,100,105

Circuit 3x15
Ab roller
Hanging leg raises
Decline crunch

Took sparse rest today. Got a nice sweat on. Great pump, but I always get nice shoulder pumps so nothing really new there. Energy levels not psycho like yesterday but very good again. Focus never wanes with GO. Could b in my head but feeling pretty good joint wise so I think the flex is really starting to groove for me.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
When the 1 week mark hits you should really feel the joints being a bit looser, and the ability to go deeper in movements become easier. It really helps ease the joints.

Keep me updated on that brother, and of course the recovery with the xtend.

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What did you think of the dead yesterday

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Look at your first rep.
Your first movement is your back shooting up. Nothing is in motion. Your hips just flew straight up, and nothing moved in sync.
See how you setup, push your shoulders back, and then before you even pull your hips fly straight up. Thats a huge no no..
You want to push your hips back a bit and make everything FLOW in motion.

Your back should be at a 45 degree angle, Shoulders just behind the bar, and knees bent (think of spreading the floor like a squat when you deadlift). Keep your heels down and push through them on the way up.
Everything should be in a single motion

Showing your hips fly up right out of the gate shows your glutes are weak. This is something you need to build on. Maybe start including Sumo Deadlifts to focus on pulling through your glutes and hamstrings so you can build them up and prevent your hips from flying up.

[video=youtube;2BaTaieH-nk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BaTaieH-nk[/video]
[video=youtube;1gI5UDTdS0U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gI5UDTdS0U[/video]
[video=youtube;jA1gZ-879a8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jA1gZ-879a8[/video]
[video=youtube;O6r_30xc-B0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6r_30xc-B0[/video]

Some good setup and execution cues

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Was a pretty fast workout today. Legs calves

Quick note: woke up this morning and did some bw squats in my room to test the knees out and not even a kink feeling. Got to gym and didn't put I. Wraps, took them out with me to the floor expecting to need them.

Adduction abduction ss 160x30

Tested knees again with 10 bw squats and knees felt great. Did 10 more with the bar, still felt great.

135x10. No pain at all. Same with 185x10,225x10. Abd finished up with 3x8-275

Now this is remarkable for me as my knees always get pained up doing squats, ergo the need for the wraps, but even with wraps heavy weights give slight after workout discomfort. In addition bc of the knee pain I've never really been able to go below parallel. Today I hit all the above reps going well below parallel and no pain at all. Unreal and it has to be the flexatril at work. Got no pain and crazy rom.

Ss
Rdl 135. 3x6
Sumo dl 135. 3x6

Standing bb calf raises 135-3x30

Leg extensions 3x12 165,185,205

Not a ton of work but legs felt definitely worked well today. Energy was good, focus great and I'm gonna say it again no f'n knee pain. Thanks TheSolution for hooking me up with this to log. Flex seems like a miracle joint relief product. It really shined today

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I told you Flex is a miracle......... I got another bottle on the way for you to extend the log :)

1Fast400

Awards
  • Established
We don't make a lot of products. I make products when science says something should be made. This product took two years. It will be part of my daily, forever. A lot of benefits well beyond joint. Glad you like it

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Felt really good all day. My joints felt amazing waking up today like night and day. I typically have to do some type of yoga stretches/movements just to loosen things up. No need today at all. Did chest back workout today and felt great throughout and perfect rom too

Ss
Incline db. 50-3x12
Incline db fly 35-3x12

Ss
Neutral grip db 50-3x12
Db fly 20-3x12

Leverage high row.
180x12,270x10,280x10

Ss
Vbar pd 3x10. 120,140,160
Straight arm pulldown 3x10 65,57.5,50

1 arm db row 60x15,70x12,80x12

Hoist reverse fly 3x10 170

Ss
Crunches 3x20
Hip raises 3x20

Super energy level today, focus impeccable and slammed this out in 45 minutes. Truly a fun fast workout

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That flexatril is a miracle drug isnt it?
Pretty much. It's funny I felt things during the loading phase but just wasn't sure it was the flex, then with how yesterday went I was pretty sure it was the flex but today was the first taking 3 tablets and wow what a revelation

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
TheSolution and scivation are rock stars imo. All the hook ups they provide are unreal. U just don't see this in life from companies that only produce top level products.

Just got this care package in the mail today. Thanks to TheSolution I can extend my log(no pun intended) and in fact this is soooo perfect bc this bulk will transition into a cut in the next few weeks and as I've already stated in a number of my logs b4. If you're cutting without Perform, u just aren't doing it right.

I can't thank you guys enough. And baked goods. Yummmy. Will def devour those up b4 I start the cut

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
First off I ate most of the pretzels last night watching hoops and very good. I think if TheSolution ever gives up on bodybuilding he can definitely sell these and make a pretty penny. Gonna give those bites a try tonight.

As for today. Had a great great night that transferred over into a great day. First off I found out this girl I've liked for awhile is into me, and then the pretzels and now today a sick arm workout

I have to say out of all the GO workouts so far arm day is by far the most fun on it. The energy is perfect for an upbeat ss session of arms. The focus lets u pump out an extra rep or two while still leaving a cpl in the tank and it just feels right too

Ss
Ez curl 3x12. 70,90,90
Dbl overhead tri ext 40x20
Single 2x12 40

Ss
Incline skull 3x10 90
Incline db curl 3x10 35

Ss
Db kick back 3x10 35,40,45
Db hammer 3x10 55,60,65

Ss
1 arm rev grip pd 3x12 15,20,25
Overhead cable curl 3x12 25

Ss
Rev cable curl 3x12 50,57.5,65
Straight bar pd 3x12 same weight

Seated calf 3x25 90
Calf on leg press 3x25 630

20 minutes stair master

Lots of elbow centric work today and not an ounce of any sort of pain or aches. Loving me this flex