BLOODNTHUNDER: AGENT OF SHIELD (Sponsored Log)

timmy8888

Awards
  • Established
So did get in yesterday and had an arm day that got derailed halfway through, but for a good reason, got the pt director position at la near my house so stoked I can build a career in fitness.

Today I kept my progression going with the start of micro cycle a in the 10 rep range

Squat
3x10. 225,235,235

Sumo
2x10. 315,325. 325x8

Yeah that last set I just didn’t have the next cpl reps. But it’s cool it’s a 10 lb increase in max set from 4 weeks ago.

Occlusion training
Leg extensions 65x30,15,15

Lying leg curl 68x30,15,15

Did some calf work after.

Been force feeding myself bc my appetite has stalled big time but it’s cool I’m way ahead of last year right now in appearance. I was hoping to keep this at above maintenance the whole run but getting cut at maintenance these past few days is a win.
Congrats, glad your pursuing something you enjoy

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Sounds like a dream job !!

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well did a quick chest session today. Really wasn’t into it at all and although I met progressions on flat bench the lifts themselves felt like crap.

You’d think finally landing a good job in the fitness industry I’d be in awesome spirits but I guess this garbage I deal with only cares about the damn weather and nothing else. Anyhow you guys have heard probably more than you ever wanted to in this regards so I’ll just leave it lat that for tonight.

Workout:
Bench. 4x10. 135,160,185,205. 210x9

I actually thought I didn’t meet the progression but the app I use calculated it and it exceeded expectations by .0145 from last time out lol

Incline 4x10 55,60,65,55

Exactly matched last time out

Incline fly 3x10. 30.

I was supposed to hit 35 but wasn’t feeling it and actually thought of dropping after first set but decided to stay with it, I think in part due to the laziness of having to get up and change the weights lol

Plus what are your guys thoughts on things like flies and lateral raises. I’m beginning to be of the mindset that while progressing the weights in the rep range is ideal but I think there’s kind of a limit you want to extend to this types of maneuvers. I guess you can throw curls in that mix as well if you want.

Finished with a pretty good slow rep set of db floor press 55x10. 5 up 5 down tempo.

I’m terrible with guesstimating but to me it looks like maybe a week of glycoshield and perhaps the same of liposhield. Take that with a grain of salt though bc I thought I was almost out of radiate way back and it wound up lasting another 2.5 weeks when I thought it’d be 4 days lol

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Plus what are your guys thoughts on things like flies and lateral raises. I’m beginning to be of the mindset that while progressing the weights in the rep range is ideal but I think there’s kind of a limit you want to extend to this types of maneuvers. I guess you can throw curls in that mix as well if you want.
lol
Yep I agree there’s a limit to the amount of weight you want to move with flyes etc. I see lots of guys using heavier weight but shortening the ROM or using more momentum.

IMO progression can be the same rep/weight on flyes but having lifted more weight on the exercise prior or using a slower tempo or making better mind muscle connection or an extra second contraction at the top etc

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yep I agree there’s a limit to the amount of weight you want to move with flyes etc. I see lots of guys using heavier weight but shortening the ROM or using more momentum.

IMO progression can be the same rep/weight on flyes but having lifted more weight on the exercise prior or using a slower tempo or making better mind muscle connection or an extra second contraction at the top etc
This, Progression can be shortening the rest period and using the same weight, set and rep scheme because you do more work in less time. All kinds of things count as progression. Doing

You also have to consider if focusing on weight increases with the compound when you hit a really big PR or maybe even PR on 2 sets on your compound lift that sometimes that increase in performance is costly and will hamper the rest of the workout in the amount of resistance. However you have already made progression via the PR so lifting the same or even lightening the load to get the added volume in is fine. Every single aspect of your training doesn't have to progress with each session for it to be progress thank goodness.

Yeah certain isolations the weight gradually gets limited but the shoulders tend to do really well from high repetition work anyway so doing the isolation work in higher rep ranges is excellent but also doing partials in high rep ranges with heavier weights too. Like low end heavy partial side raises. Grab yourself a set of 40-50lb dbs and do 4 sets of 30 reps just moving the arms in the first 3-9 inches but stopping the weight and reversing at perpendicular not letting it swing in and get momentum. The stopping of it is the actual hard work so don't worry if the weight is only moving 3 inches by the end of the sets. Try that once and tell me if you don't get one of the best medial delt pumps you ever had AND you used a pretty heavy weight. Not my creation that's John Meadows work there but man is it awesome!

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm a big fan of single arm incline cable flies. Seems to hit me differently than dumbbells. YMMV

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I prefer cable flies, or pec deck over DB flies also.

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
This, Progression can be shortening the rest period and using the same weight, set and rep scheme because you do more work in less time. All kinds of things count as progression. Doing

You also have to consider if focusing on weight increases with the compound when you hit a really big PR or maybe even PR on 2 sets on your compound lift that sometimes that increase in performance is costly and will hamper the rest of the workout in the amount of resistance. However you have already made progression via the PR so lifting the same or even lightening the load to get the added volume in is fine. Every single aspect of your training doesn't have to progress with each session for it to be progress thank goodness.

Yeah certain isolations the weight gradually gets limited but the shoulders tend to do really well from high repetition work anyway so doing the isolation work in higher rep ranges is excellent but also doing partials in high rep ranges with heavier weights too. Like low end heavy partial side raises. Grab yourself a set of 40-50lb dbs and do 4 sets of 30 reps just moving the arms in the first 3-9 inches but stopping the weight and reversing at perpendicular not letting it swing in and get momentum. The stopping of it is the actual hard work so don't worry if the weight is only moving 3 inches by the end of the sets. Try that once and tell me if you don't get one of the best medial delt pumps you ever had AND you used a pretty heavy weight. Not my creation that's John Meadows work there but man is it awesome!
I’ve used meadows destroyer sets for rear delts before they’re extremely effective but taxing af so only do them as burnouts. Never consider using it for other maneuvers as well. Nice call

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Felt good to actually get to lift again today. Been feeling under the weather so took three days away.

Curl 6x10. 45,65,95,85,75,65

Db hammer curl 4x10 30,35,40,45

Ez preacher occlusion 40x30,15,15

Close grip bench 4x10 135,155,165,135

Rope pushdown 4x10. 42.5

Reverse grip pushdown occlusion 30x30,15,15

About 15 min ab work to finish this quick but effective workout out.

Just took my last cap of glycoshield with dinner ham steak with 5 oz sweet potato and about a cup of Brussel sprouts doused in hot sauce.

I have enough liposhield to finish the week perhaps a little longer time will tell.

Weight was exactly the same as the previous so no weight loss last week. Actually gained a couple pounds the first part of this week thanks to super bowl pickers but things should level off as I’ve been eating pretty clean this week so far, still close to maintenance calories but clean.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Sometimes you just need a break !!

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So I decided I wasn’t going to do any squat variations for the second leg workout in the 10 rep cycle. The n retrospect I should’ve bc what I programmed was way more brutal.

Warm up
10 min liss. Elliptical

Leg press 20x10. 90,180,270,360,450,540,630,720,810, 900
Each weight got a hamstring dominant press and a quad dominant press

Superset with calves. 20x10 same weights. Full disclosure the reps for the calves for 810 and 900 were pretty lame in terms of rom.

Stiff leg db deadlifts 3x10 40,60,80

Walking lunges 3x10. 10,15,20. Used kbs

Abduction 3x10. 165,180,195
Adduction same but not a superset

Seated calf raises 3x10. 55,80,65. Went super slow with peak pauses

Occlusion training

Leg extensions 10x10 70 lbs. 10 sec times rest between sets

Seated leg curl 10x10 80 lbs same rest

Standing bb calf raises (not off plates) 95x30,20,20. 15 sec rest

Tibia raises 30,20,20. With bands rest was while other leg was working

My lower body is already in 2 day out doms mode. Lol. Should’ve done the original program which was 3x10 box squats, 3x10 bb Romanians 3x10 reverse lunges and 3x10 ghr. And calves

Still eating clean kinda high in cals today though bc been a hungry mf ever since the workout

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So I decided I wasn’t going to do any squat variations for the second leg workout in the 10 rep cycle. The n retrospect I should’ve bc what I programmed was way more brutal.

Warm up
10 min liss. Elliptical

Superset with calves. 20x10 same weights. Full disclosure the reps for the calves for 810 and 900 were pretty lame in terms of rom.

Occlusion training

My lower body is already in 2 day out doms mode. Lol. Should’ve done the original program which was 3x10 box squats, 3x10 bb Romanians 3x10 reverse lunges and 3x10 ghr. And calves

Still eating clean kinda high in cals today though bc been a hungry mf ever since the workout
That is a leg explosion!

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Warm up
10 min liss. Elliptical

Occlusion training

Have fun getting off the shytter tomorrow!!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Killing it man !!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yikes!!! Looks like you more than doubled the prescribed volume just because you are not squatting? You think very highly of the squat if you felt like you needed to double volume due to there absence. I think they are awesome but the increase in volume and intensity just from lifting much heavier on legs with the leg press would have been enough. You added a ton of sets to that. Just brutal Baby!

That is a hell of a workout though, no wonder you can't walk...

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yikes!!! Looks like you more than doubled the prescribed volume just because you are not squatting? You think very highly of the squat if you felt like you needed to double volume due to there absence. I think they are awesome but the increase in volume and intensity just from lifting much heavier on legs with the leg press would have been enough. You added a ton of sets to that. Just brutal Baby!

That is a hell of a workout though, no wonder you can't walk...
Yeah to be honest I love the squat bc it’s been a sore point for me in the past and I just started to get good at it. So a bit of punishment I guess. Although the volume wasn’t an intention. Let me say that it just happened. See I plan out all my workouts for 8 week blocks, obviously changing things if needed, but always with a purpose. Yet whenever I overhaul a day on the fly like that instead of being easier it always is harder, just works out that way. Actually not as bad today as last night, except for my glutes they’re sore af. Tomorrow is what I’m worried about lol

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Today was fun. Honestly the best thing I’ve done in programming in this current program is eliminate shoulder day all together. I’m still hitting each head twice a week but side and front get hit on chest, rear and traps get done with back. Really look forward to these days now.

Clean and press. 4x10. 45?95,115,125

I did these on 30 sec rest so I couldn’t get up to the 135-145 range where my strength suggests I should be for 10 reps. My heart was just pounding through the chest. Perhaps my favorite movement not sure but if it’s not it’s up there.

Bb floor press 4x10. 135,155,175,195

I’m beginning to like the press off the floor better than on a bench. I get more activity and isolation in the pecs this way. It’s harder imo bc u don’t get a great push nor lat activity. So hitting 195 for 10 was unexpected did it for 6 the last time I did c and p so very nice jump in two weeks.

Landmine Ss
Singles for the delts 4x10 25,35,45,55
Doubles for the chest same

Landmine arc twists 3x15 10 pounds

Plate loaded decline 10x10 with a timed 10 sec rest between sets. 45 per side
Doesn’t sound like much, but with only 10 sec rest between sets you feel them really fast. Awesome overall pec pump from this one.

Kinda tired so I finished up with:

Side lateral raises 3x10. 20,25,30

High incline shoulder press 3x10. 40,50,60

Pec dec burnout 45x20,85x15,125x10

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The world of the day is volume.

Warm up
Straight arm pulldown complex
Wide grip. 45x20
Normal grip 40x25
Rope 30x30
1 arm 10x40

Had a killer pump and the fun just got started

Plate loaded high row. 10x10 90 lbs single arm. One arm dies ten and that’s the only rest for the other.

Plate loaded low row. 10x10. 90

See above. This machine has a variety of grips so I played around with them through the sets.

Rack pull 4x10. 135,225?315,365

Ss
Long bar row 3x10 45,90,135
Pull ups 3x10 wide,neutral, close.

Pulldown complex one after the other
Vbar 140x10
Wide grip 100x10
Reverse grip 100x10
Rope 100x10

Face pull rep per pound 20,25,30

Db shrugs 3x20. 40,50,60

1 arm angled shrug 20x50

Standing rear fly 10x30,15x25,20x25

Cable fly. 3x15 10 lbs

70 minutes

Skipped calves was drenched and exhausted

Bc I’ve been eating clean only been using 2-4 scoops a day depending if I had a fatty cheat meal, and while it’s getting low, I think I have a few more days left. Will have a weight update tomorrow

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Love high volume training. The cool thing about lipo (the HCA specifically) is that it works for up to 12 hours after dosing... so you can get away w using a little bit less after a few weeks of continuous regular dosing and then just ramp it up for cheats/as needed. Some days I’ll only use 1-2 scoops

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That is defiantly high volume

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Quick weight update:

Started using liposhield on 1/11. Glycoshield on 1/12. Weigh in on 1/11 190 lbs.

Finished glycoshield 2/7. Have 2-3 days approximately left of liposhield, actually could be more, I’m terrible at estimating powders.

Today’s weigh in is exactly 30 days since I started lipishield. Weight: 177.2. Weight difference. -12.8 lbs

Last couple weeks the weight relatively remained constant. I’ve been eating cleaner though this past week yet have still been in the +/-100-200 calories from tdee. For the amount of dirty eating I did for the majority of this log it’s pretty remarkable I list what I did.

It’s obvious to me that the appetite suppression is still strong, it hasn’t been that noticeable for a while as the glycoshield was totally offsetting it, but the past few days without it the suppression is back as it was initially.

Strength is still progressing despite the weight loss which leads me to believe that the loss was primarily water(initially) and fat loss. I can’t use calipers or bio-impedance to gauge bf% bc I have loose skin which skews the readings. For the heck of it I checked it the other day and it said 11.6. As much as I’d love that to be the case though it’s probably more likely in the 13-15 range. But look wise I definitely look leaner than when I started with no apparent loss in visible gains.

Today I’m going to do this core workout I designed just now. Might be a little much but that’s why I’m calling it core-ruption lol

Core-ruption

Warm up
Kb carries 2xfield length
1 arm carry 2xfield
Front loaded carry 2xfield
Walking high knees 2xfield

Workout

Kneeling rope crunch 3x20
Wood chopper 3x20

Decline crunch
Decline vacuum

Pallof 3x20
Low pulley bend 3x20

Serratus punch 3x20
High pulley bend 3x20

Stability ball crunch 3x20
Stability ball pull in 3x15

Bird dog 3x15
Vacuum

Plank progressions 3x 1 minute
Side plank progressions 3x40 sec per side

Cobra pose 3x30 seconds

I’ll chime in later as to how this went

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
13 pounds lost in one month with how you were eating is pretty awesome..

timmy8888

Awards
  • Established
Quick weight update:

Started using liposhield on 1/11. Glycoshield on 1/12. Weigh in on 1/11 190 lbs.

Finished glycoshield 2/7. Have 2-3 days approximately left of liposhield, actually could be more, I’m terrible at estimating powders.

Today’s weigh in is exactly 30 days since I started lipishield. Weight: 177.2. Weight difference. -12.8 lbs

Last couple weeks the weight relatively remained constant. I’ve been eating cleaner though this past week yet have still been in the +/-100-200 calories from tdee. For the amount of dirty eating I did for the majority of this log it’s pretty remarkable I list what I did.

It’s obvious to me that the appetite suppression is still strong, it hasn’t been that noticeable for a while as the glycoshield was totally offsetting it, but the past few days without it the suppression is back as it was initially.

Strength is still progressing despite the weight loss which leads me to believe that the loss was primarily water(initially) and fat loss. I can’t use calipers or bio-impedance to gauge bf% bc I have loose skin which skews the readings. For the heck of it I checked it the other day and it said 11.6. As much as I’d love that to be the case though it’s probably more likely in the 13-15 range. But look wise I definitely look leaner than when I started with no apparent loss in visible gains.

Today I’m going to do this core workout I designed just now. Might be a little much but that’s why I’m calling it core-ruption lol

Core-ruption

Warm up
Kb carries 2xfield length
1 arm carry 2xfield
Front loaded carry 2xfield
Walking high knees 2xfield

Workout

Kneeling rope crunch 3x20
Wood chopper 3x20

Decline crunch
Decline vacuum

Pallof 3x20
Low pulley bend 3x20

Serratus punch 3x20
High pulley bend 3x20

Stability ball crunch 3x20
Stability ball pull in 3x15

Bird dog 3x15
Vacuum

Plank progressions 3x 1 minute
Side plank progressions 3x40 sec per side

Cobra pose 3x30 seconds

I’ll chime in later as to how this went
Nice progress, looks like the product worked well in your situation. Got to enjoy Paula's and lose weight.

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So I completed that core-ruption workout. It really wasn’t bad actually. It took 68 minutes and that included having to wait for equipment bc gym was overcrowded. On a normal day I’d say it’s a lock to get it done in 50-55 minutes. Still a little long for a core workout, heck mine are typically 12-15 minutes but for an absolute ab blasting session give it a try.
Chedapaooza. I know you dig your quotes and sound bites so here’s one I just came up with.

“Liposhield is, for all you hockey fans out there, the dominik hasek of fat blocking supplements. Sure every now and then a shot gets through to the back of the net, but 92% of the time it gets stopped in its tracks. That’s what this supplement can bring to your weight loss regimen. It allows you the opportunity to stray slightly here and there, enjoy those cheat meals, and still know that the majority of those fat calories will never be the reason you lose your way.”

How’s that for a sound bite. You can sub Jerry rice in there for the football fans, sure he’ll drop a pass or two but with over 1500 catches, it didn’t happen very much.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
This looks very promising for someone like me!

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So I completed that core-ruption workout. It really wasn’t bad actually. It took 68 minutes and that included having to wait for equipment bc gym was overcrowded. On a normal day I’d say it’s a lock to get it done in 50-55 minutes. Still a little long for a core workout, heck mine are typically 12-15 minutes but for an absolute ab blasting session give it a try.
Chedapaooza. I know you dig your quotes and sound bites so here’s one I just came up with.

“Liposhield is, for all you hockey fans out there, the dominik hasek of fat blocking supplements. Sure every now and then a shot gets through to the back of the net, but 92% of the time it gets stopped in its tracks. That’s what this supplement can bring to your weight loss regimen. It allows you the opportunity to stray slightly here and there, enjoy those cheat meals, and still know that the majority of those fat calories will never be the reason you lose your way.”

How’s that for a sound bite. You can sub Jerry rice in there for the football fans, sure he’ll drop a pass or two but with over 1500 catches, it didn’t happen very much.
Hahah love it, thanks

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Went in for the start of the 12 rep week.

Did legs. Started off strong. Fizzled fast.

Squat 45x5,135x8. Warm up
3x12. 225,235x2.
That keeps the squat progression going, and even though every rep wasn’t spot on the majority were so pleased.

Sumo dl

This was a horrible disappointment. This has been my strongest and most rapidly progressing lift over the past couple months and it just was t there at all today.

135x5. 225x8
Felt light as air so had confidence for the 12’s

Went right up to 325 which I just got for 10 last week.
6,5,4. It’s like mid lift someone added 2 plates to each side. So i was mad af at this point so dropped to 315 and again after 4th rep it’s like 200 lbs was added. Only got 5. I haven’t been under 10 reps at 315 and above in 6 weeks. But I wanted the reps so I bumped down to 275. First 10 light, last 2 heavy af. So I just wanted it over at this point and dropped to 225 and got the last 2 12s. And all I can say is at least they were light bc after 12 I knew I had at least another 8.

So bc if trying to will the sumo I was spent

Finished with some occlusion
leg extensions 50x30,20,20
Leg curls 60x30,20,20
Seated calf 25x30,15,15

Very odd day. Oh well they happen. If I wouldn’t have gotten caught up in the emotion of the sumo. I probably could’ve finished strong with a couple different lifts.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Tomorrow is another day!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
13 pounds lost in one month with how you were eating is pretty awesome..
Went in for the start of the 12 rep week.

Did legs. Started off strong. Fizzled fast.

Squat 45x5,135x8. Warm up
3x12. 225,235x2.
That keeps the squat progression going, and even though every rep wasn’t spot on the majority were so pleased.

Sumo dl

This was a horrible disappointment. This has been my strongest and most rapidly progressing lift over the past couple months and it just was t there at all today.

135x5. 225x8
Felt light as air so had confidence for the 12’s

Went right up to 325 which I just got for 10 last week.
6,5,4. It’s like mid lift someone added 2 plates to each side. So i was mad af at this point so dropped to 315 and again after 4th rep it’s like 200 lbs was added. Only got 5. I haven’t been under 10 reps at 315 and above in 6 weeks. But I wanted the reps so I bumped down to 275. First 10 light, last 2 heavy af. So I just wanted it over at this point and dropped to 225 and got the last 2 12s. And all I can say is at least they were light bc after 12 I knew I had at least another 8.

So bc if trying to will the sumo I was spent

Finished with some occlusion
leg extensions 50x30,20,20
Leg curls 60x30,20,20
Seated calf 25x30,15,15

Very odd day. Oh well they happen. If I wouldn’t have gotten caught up in the emotion of the sumo. I probably could’ve finished strong with a couple different lifts.
Looks like you did finish strong with some lifts. You knew you didn't have the heavy stuff in you so you went to crushing the muscle with occlusion training. That is both finishing strong, and intelligently!!!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
By the way this is very close to the bummer dead lift I had Friday night. I ended up dropping weight there too, then decided to just crush adductors, abductors, and abs to finish off because I knew I didn't have a bunch more CNS to spare pushing heavier compounds at the time.

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So I had planned on today being a rest day but then my parents come in with a dozen of those donuts I like. Well I know I’ll eat them so might as well put them to good use.

Hit up chest

Had a really nice bench session. This is by far my weeks straight lift and I’m thrilled with the progress I’ve made here over the past few months.

I used to bench heavy but I wasn’t bringing it to my chest and my elbows and shoulders would hurt all the time. So like I mentioned a while back I stripped all my lifts down and made a point of not progress the lift until I can do it with full rom. Sure not every rep turns out perfect, especially when tire but I have to say the majority have been good lifts. The hardest part for me was getting over the false memories of crazy weight. I say false bc A. I was bigger when I hit those numbers and B. They weren’t full rom. Once I got over the ego I was able to just do the weight in front of me and progress as I could.

Today I did 5x12.
185,190,195,185. Then just for fun I did 135

The reason I dropped from 185 to 185 fir the last set of the working sets was bc is he last four reps my butt kept rising and that indicates to me that I’m not truly ready for that weight yet. In retrospect I should’ve stayed at 185 for 3 and got out of there but the first two went up easy so I bumped. I’m happy with this.

Pretty much spent myself there and I knew it so I switched gears and went with lighter weights but kept the rep ranges while decreasing rest periods and super setting.

Incline db 3x12 45 lbs

Should’ve gone a little heavier say 55 as these were far too easy

Db floor press. 3x12 55 lbs.

Ss
Db fly. 3x12. 15 lbs
Front raises. Same
Side lateral raises same

Ss
Standing db press 3x12 20 lbs
Side lateral raises machine 3x12 105 lbs

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Donutssssssssssssssssssssss

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Donutssssssssssssssssssssss
Yep and I’m so happy I still have a few scoops of liposhield left. Should cover the donuts tonight and tomorrow

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
My brother in law used to have the same thing where he would only go down to about 4 inches off his chest. Problem with that was he thought it meant he could bench the big numbers for multiple reps. He wouldn't notice also that his 4 inches of the chest often migrated to 6 sometimes even 8 inches of the chest when he would start to fatigue. When he went to full ROM he lost over 50lbs on his pressing.

ROM is a huge factor. You can still grow without full ROM but you can't say you bench press X amount if you aren't touching the chest with the bar.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I think a full range of motion is important !

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Finished up the last of the lipishield today.

Had some fun doing back today.

Warm up
Metcon

Grabbed some 80’s and some 30’s
Grabbed a bench and set it to incline

Db carry’s. 2@25(back and forth from the rack). 2x30, 2@45. These are steps

Incline lever row 30 lbs 6x12

Bat wings 30 lbs 6x12

That took all of 12 minutes and I felt awesome to start the lifting

1 arm straight arm pulldown 20x23,15x25,20x27

1 arm with feet on the floor cable rows
3x12. 100 lbs

Reverse grip bent over row 5x12

Wanted to rack pull today but I couldn’t get a rack so I just deadlifted instead (traditional)
5x12. 135,225,275,245,225

Try that on 1 min rest lol. Heart was at 165 at one point.

Actually I was upset with how hard the 275 was, but after when I entered the numbers in my spreadsheet it was the most I’ve ever done for traditional at 12 reps. Totally forgot my sumo is light years ahead of my conventional.

Bar shrug. 5x12. 245,225x4

Long bar row 5x12. 1 plate, 2, 3,2,1

Instead of adding the 4th plate I decided to do this with long holds at the up position. Just a bit different way to do it. Usually I hold it fir a quick 1 count. Today I held for 3 on 3 plates, 4 on 2 and 5 on 1

Giant set finisher
Calf machine 3x15. 170 lbs
Shrug on calf machine same
Band pull apart 3x20
Tibia band raises 3x25
Plate rear fly. 10 lbs 20,25,20 reps

Reason I used plates was all the 10-25 lb dbs were being used and didn’t feel like waiting.

I think I pretty much covered a recap and final review in my weight update post the other day but I’ll add that this stack does what it says it would do. It lets you eat basically whatever you want and you’ll still lose weight. It’s a very nice additive to any plan bc it gives you flexibility in accordance with your dieting to splurge a bit more than you could otherwise.

Aspects I’d like to point out:

Liposhield: prob best appetite suppressant I’ve used.

Glycoshield might do too well a job for some ppl. Follow the dosing instructions bc in this case more is not better, hypo is a real possibility if your not following them. Fantastic product and glad it’s back.

I would love to see a log completed by someone who doesn’t work out and keeps eating the same way they always do and see the results bc I think this stack is actually one that you can simply add into whatever you’re doing and the addition alone will help you with weight regulation and weight loss.

Again I’d like to thank chedapalooza for the logging opportunity and will definitely be something I’ll be adding throughout the year if I’m able to swing it.

Thanks to all those who’ve followed along. I hope the information provided helps you decide for yourself. I’ll leave this open for any questions you may have that I may not have covered.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I think a full range of motion is important !
It is definitely important for so many things! Quality of life being the biggest. Although specifically for hypertrophy it is not that important.

Look at Ronnie Coleman and so many other behemoths that did mostly shorter ROM training to get massive.

I am not advocating partials as THE way to go by any means. However for hypertrophy specifically they work very well. My Orthopedic Surgeon finally had to tell me that just because it was comfortable for me to go to the ends of my joints ROM doesn’t mean I should be heavily loading in that position. That if I kept doing it I would keep seeing him regularly. If I wanted to keep lifting heavy weights I should do it in the middle 3/5 of the rom avoiding going too deep or locking out with heavy weight as that is when the joints are more vulnerable. Which is why I recommend partial ROM to people who get injured more often or have chronic issues so they can still train intensely while minimizing injury. I just wish I could stick with it myself. Old habits die hard and I am a very deep squatter and still tend to use an exaggerated ROM a lot of the time on other exercises.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thank you for an awesome log and all the great compliments!!

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Great log bloodnthunder! Thanks for taking the time!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Great information in here!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Great log, really enjoyed it and congrats on the progress!

Fat2fit2017

Fat2fit2017

Awards
Ive also gotten some elevated readings earlier in the day and can’t quite put my finger on why. I’ve actually noticed an interesting trend that following days I train hard, my BG the next morning is higher than average.

Zach has mentioned to me that in individuals w higher cortisol levels, blood sugar tends to be higher in the morning. I think it may be a direct result of intense training. Just a theory. I didn’t train all weekend and I never got a reading above 80 even after eating...

Trained hard last night from 7-9 pm and woke up to a reading of 83 despite eating the same things I always do...
I think the reason for elevated blood glucose in the morning can be contributed to circadian rhythms. Your body will naturally secrete glucose into your blood stream at roughly 4-6am every morning. Jason Fung noted this in his book, The Complete Guide To Fasting.