BLOODNTHUNDER: AGENT OF SHIELD (Sponsored Log)

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
very detailed log...im getting interested in glycoshield.

I'm curious how this would treat someone with low blood glucose-me, lol.

Imo lowering your levels or bringing them to baseline prob isn’t what you want in your case. I know if someone’s blood sugar is too low you want to give them a sugary drink or something with simple sugar in it for quick release, so not sure if this would be a good thing for your situation. But I obviously could be missing something. chedapalooza

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Latest reading

So 2 grams elevated in a little under 2 hours for 60+ carbs with 40 grams a fat. Wow that’s pretty amazing imo

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
bloodnthunder

Next time you do the donuts:

1) Get a baseline

2) take 4 caps; wait 40 minutes

3) take another reading (should be significantly lower than step 1 reading) then consume donuts

4) take a reading 15 minutes after you finish the donuts

5) take a reading at the 1H45M mark after eating the donuts

I’ve done this the last three nights (albeit with different macros) but the trends are VERY interesting so would like to see your results with that set up if you don’t mind!

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
bloodnthunder

Next time you do the donuts:

1) Get a baseline

2) take 4 caps; wait 40 minutes

3) take another reading (should be significantly lower than step 1 reading) then consume donuts

4) take a reading 15 minutes after you finish the donuts

5) take a reading at the 1H45M mark after eating the donuts

I’ve done this the last three nights (albeit with different macros) but the trends are VERY interesting so would like to see your results with that set up if you don’t mind!
No don’t mind at all gives me an actual reason to buy more donuts lol. Prob be weekend tho.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Latest reading

So 2 grams elevated in a little under 2 hours for 60+ carbs with 40 grams a fat. Wow that’s pretty amazing imo
Yea 40g in one sitting as a lot combined with that many carbs. I’d bet it to be about 130-140 without glyco and that much fat.

People hate on HCA but ... it’s working to keep that fat from affecting how we metabolize the carbs. Bc in the real world, not many of us are eating a strictly carb meal.. this is where other gda products will fall short. Quality of extracts, ratios/amkubts of all the ingredients, mechanism of action.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Great information in here bloodnthunder I am jealous of all the donut eating!

jmero2

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well I’ve been informed by a friend what I should looking for and a way to interpret the data.

What we are looking for is the quickest return to at/or below baseline. The quicker we can get to that point the better we are absorbing the carbs.

So two hours post reading last night of 2 donuts where I had 3 caps the reading was still elevated 2 hours post consumption by 22 mg/dl means that I didn’t get what I wanted.

Today’s experiment with 2 caps and 1 donut was still elevated going from 88 to 103. So a 15 mg/dl elevation from baseline.

This information contrasts almost every other readings I’ve seen and I’ve been told that it’s most likely due to the high levels of fat content in the donuts plus an unknown number of carbs, while I estimated each to be around 100 carbs I very easily could’ve underestimated just how much sugar is in each donut. The difference between 2 donuts and 3 caps or 1.5 caps per donut vs 2 caps for one donut equates to a half cap improvement of 7 mg/dl. Eventually I’ll try 1 donut with 4 caps. The reason I’m playing around with the effect upon donuts is that I literally eat them all the time and I find it a leverage point in knowing how many caps it’ll take to do what we want it to do.

In any case though, despite the post readings being elevated I’m confident they would’ve been greatly elevated with out including the glycoshield into the formula.

I’m going to test vs carbs where values are known going forward. I’ll still be playing around with donut and baked goods to try and hone in on a cap number for me. But I’ll stick to 2 caps at different levels of known carbs for the most part.
Dude, your readings are totally normal. All that sugar/ carbs and you only had a postprandial reading of 106 indicates you are reacting normally.
As a diabetic I can tell you that your number is pretty good.

I would test your glucose readings without consuming the glycoshield and compare the 2 readings. This may tell you if you have minor insulin resistance.

The more muscle you have the more sensitive to insulin you are unless you're doing mk677 or gh.

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Fasted reading

91 is down 4 from yesterday which it’s no coincidence that I didn’t have any donuts last night

Took 1 cap with oatmeal and blueberry ghost. 4f 29 c 29 protein

Took second reading at 1.75 hr post consumption

98. Surprised it went up. It’s still in great range but did elevate from fasted. Maybe since oatmeal is a complex carbohydrate and that it takes longer to absorb, the effectiveness of the gda is limited. Again not sure just an assumption.

That note though got a pretty good pump in my arms and I’ve literally done nothing this morning except for read and reply to emails lol

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ive also gotten some elevated readings earlier in the day and can’t quite put my finger on why. I’ve actually noticed an interesting trend that following days I train hard, my BG the next morning is higher than average.

Zach has mentioned to me that in individuals w higher cortisol levels, blood sugar tends to be higher in the morning. I think it may be a direct result of intense training. Just a theory. I didn’t train all weekend and I never got a reading above 80 even after eating...

Trained hard last night from 7-9 pm and woke up to a reading of 83 despite eating the same things I always do...

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
What’s your typical fasted BG?
I don't test it....I just go by my bloods, 80% of the time it shows up in the 'low' range...I was told there is really no treatment other than carbs when I feel hypo.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't test it....I just go by my bloods, 80% of the time it shows up in the 'low' range...I was told there is really no treatment other than carbs when I feel hypo.
Got it. Then in that case if you do try glyco I would just be aware of how you feel and take in more carbs if needed. I take 1 cap pre workout and don’t go hypo and my fasting BG is usually in the 70s. If you’re well adapted/used to lower blood sugar you should be cool. I know you know your stuff and your body well so..

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Got it. Then in that case if you do try glyco I would just be aware of how you feel and take in more carbs if needed. I take 1 cap pre workout and don’t go hypo and my fasting BG is usually in the 70s. If you’re well adapted/used to lower blood sugar you should be cool. I know you know your stuff and your body well so..
yeah, I have learned a lot over the years, I remember way back when I 1st used AP I just gained fat using it...I've adapted since then and learned!!!

thanks for the kind words.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
yeah, I have learned a lot over the years, I remember way back when I 1st used AP I just gained fat using it...I've adapted since then and learned!!!

thanks for the kind words.
I liked AP but it was really (as most gdas are) formulated JUST for carbs. That’s why I hesitate to even classify Glycøshield as a GDA...the HCA and olive leaf are working in the background to eliminate / limit fat gain bc no one is eating a strictly carbohydrate meal unless for specific circumstances. To that end, we are also formulating a stim Free fat burner as well as a thyroid product

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Today was a pretty good chest day. I’m pretty impressed at how quickly the weights moving up. I know it’ll plateau sometime but I’ll just come up with something else then.

Bench
5x6 135,185,205,225,225

Hadn’t hit 225 for six in a long time, felt great even if my butt lifted a cpl Times on the last set.

Incline db
4x6 60,70,80,75

I could’ve hit 80 a second time but unlike yesterday I was on an island and for some reason that first rep on 80 and up I just can’t get it to go and need the spot, and the guy who spotted me first time disappeared

Inc fly 4x6 30,35,40,40

Plate loaded decline 4x6 45,90,135,90 per arm

Front raises 4x6 30 lbs

Side lateral machine 4x6 80,90,100,105

And the reason for the 4 sets, well I’m superstitious af that’s why

Got a killer pump today. As I mentioned earlier I had a pump going before I even got ready to go. Took a cap with sandwich preworkout and great pump from it.

My fingers are horribly sore so taking the night off from readings. Had 50 grams carb just now and did take 2 caps before. Only having minimal carbs again tonight. Around 15-18

I tell you, I always learn from the logs I do, one of things I’ve learned so far on this one, is a new appreciation for what diabetics have to go through in the daily, honestly you probably get used to it, but it does hurt.

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Today was not a good day. I woke up hazy af and it never really went away. Didn’t feel like doing anything today but did force myself into the gym.

Wasn’t hungry at all today but ate some oatmeal for breakfast and tried cheering myself up by making a pizza.

Came out really nicely. Just had some ground turkey for dinner and a post workout shake. Took a cpl caps before the pizza though.

Workout didn’t last long:

Deadlifts 5x6. 135,225,275,315,335. 3x5. 340,345,350

Tbh I wasn’t even tracking rest at all. Last set was forty minutes after my first. Loaded bar for some rows and got 2 sets of 185x6 in.

That was it. Sorry to write a bummer of a post today but I always write how it is and unfortunately today was a bad mental health day. It happens so I’m not concerned, just hope it doesn’t string 2-3 days together like it can sometimes.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Today was not a good day. I woke up hazy af and it never really went away. Didn’t feel like doing anything today but did force myself into the gym.

Wasn’t hungry at all today but ate some oatmeal for breakfast and tried cheering myself up by making a pizza.

Came out really nicely. Just had some ground turkey for dinner and a post workout shake. Took a cpl caps before the pizza though.

Workout didn’t last long:

Deadlifts 5x6. 135,225,275,315,335. 3x5. 340,345,350

Tbh I wasn’t even tracking rest at all. Last set was forty minutes after my first. Loaded bar for some rows and got 2 sets of 185x6 in.

That was it. Sorry to write a bummer of a post today but I always write how it is and unfortunately today was a bad mental health day. It happens so I’m not concerned, just hope it doesn’t string 2-3 days together like it can sometimes.
Don’t sweat it. I had that kinda day yesterday. Felt like I was sleep walking through the whole damn day. Luckily I only had cardio planned and not deadlifts! Lol. Here’s to a better tomorrow brotha! That pizza looks legit af by the way.

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well yesterday’s issues rolled into today. Had a feeling it would as they typically last a cpl days but the weird part this time is that going to work out almost always has knocked me out of it even if it’s just for a few hours.

Anyhow

Eating was piss poor again today. Leftover pizza I made from yesterday boosted calories up to respectability but way under where I want to be. All we have in the House goody wise are brownies, and now here’s something that’ll prob amaze you, I am not a fan of the brownie. Nope for whatever reason even as s kid never been into them.

Workout
Close grip bench 5x6 135,155,165,275,185
Bar curl 7x6 45,65,95,105,95,80,70
Reverse cable curl 30x30,15,15

I had it there zero focus. As I was leaving though a friend I had not seen in a while showed up so I walked the treadmill with him for 20 minutes at a speed of 3. But at least that was nice to catch up.

Gotta say two caps is all you need for a pump. I’ve been a huge supporter of permaswole for a while but glycoshield produces comparable if not stronger pumps. I thought differently the first time but more recently I’ve seen it. And today I hardly did anything and triceps in particular were really primed.

Tomorrow’s supposed to be accessory leg day, but if I feel this way again I may not even bother to go in. I say that now but most likely will. Gotta get a killer session in so I can prime the pump for weekend donuts.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sorry you weren’t back to full energy today... have you considered upping calories a bit more? Even if it’s from something very calorically dense like peanut butter or something.. I think glycoshield May be so strong that for those who don’t take in enough calories it can really deplete you energy wise.. there’s a lot of nutrient partitioning and thyroid/metabolism output going on, not to mention we are literally blocking calories from being absorbed with liposhield. It can be mentally difficult to wrap our heads around needing to eat more, especially if weight loss or recomp is the goal,but with these products it’s not out of the ordinary at all

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Sorry you weren’t back to full energy today... have you considered upping calories a bit more? Even if it’s from something very calorically dense like peanut butter or something.. I think glycoshield May be so strong that for those who don’t take in enough calories it can really deplete you energy wise.. there’s a lot of nutrient partitioning and thyroid/metabolism output going on, not to mention we are literally blocking calories from being absorbed with liposhield. It can be mentally difficult to wrap our heads around needing to eat more, especially if weight loss or recomp is the goal,but with these products it’s not out of the ordinary at all
Great advice but nah I’ve get this crap sometimes. Just low self worth thoughts creep in and I know it’s all bs but it’s still there and gets to you. It always goes away tho. What I need is some of your prescription pre workout lol.

But yeah the past cpl days I probably let the sh1t get to me more than usual and that sucked out the wanting to eat so maybe the lower calories are playing a role too. I’ll prob make a sandwich or something b4 bed. Thanks for chiming in though, I appreciate that.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Great advice but nah I’ve get this crap sometimes. Just low self worth thoughts creep in and I know it’s all bs but it’s still there and gets to you. It always goes away tho. What I need is some of your prescription pre workout lol.

But yeah the past cpl days I probably let the sh1t get to me more than usual and that sucked out the wanting to eat so maybe the lower calories are playing a role too. I’ll prob make a sandwich or something b4 bed. Thanks for chiming in though, I appreciate that.
Any time man, you have my personal info too so always feel free to reach out about whatever

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well felt much better today and Han I have the past few days but still not even close to “right”. Focus is a ways away. But today was good bc there’s always that semi decent day before the good ones come. I’ll take it

As far as food goes I tried eating a bit today but only at 1800 cals counting yogurt and cottage cheese I’ll have a little later. Hoping there’s something else to munch on but that’ll be a wait and see thing. Would’ve been a perfect donut night but kinda broke right now, so have to just go with whatever’s available.

Ok now last Friday I started using glycoshield and liposhield the day before. On Thursday last week I was 190. I weighed in at 181.6 this am. Four of those came from the past two days but that’s a lot of weight in one week. Shi11y thing is I feel like a cow lol. It’s part of the bs going on inside my head but do kinda wish it was a bit less. Even 4 is kinda high. A lot of it’s water weight for sure bc one of these things has made me regular +. It’s way better than the first cpl days but at this point I think it’s a thing, which when you’re trying to lose it comes with the package so prob a good thing for what the product does.

Today’s workout is a great example of my lack of focus:

Walking lunges 3x10 20 lbs

Front squat 4x6 135,185,190,175

Bottom pin squat 4x5 135,155,185,205

Box squat 4x6. 170,230,280,320

Hack squat 4x6. 155,185,205,225

Calf raises 4x6. 225,245x3

Seated calf raises 3x10 100

Overall a much better workout than I’ve been doing, however only the box squat max rep was a great lift. Everything else was ok not great. But the big thing is I totally forgot to program anything for hams. Oh well. It’s the second leg day for the week.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Great update. Very similar results being noticed by others in terms of increased urination/water weight reduction

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ok so apparently one of my parents went out and got donuts early this am. I had a feeling some kind of sweets would make it into the house with my nieces spending the weekend. So I did that experiment with the donut you asked.

Woke up and took fasted reading

Immediately took 4 caps

Waited 40 minutes and took another reading

Ate this:

Waited 15 minutes after finishing and took another reading:

Waited 1.75 hrs and did a final reading:

I have no clue how to extrapolate the data here. But the way I read it is: 4 caps reduced fasted by only 1 mg/dl but only raised by 1 mg/dl in first 15 minutes then after 2 hrs post consumption it raised 17 total mg/dl

What I believe happened here is the large amount of fat in the donut kept delaying the release of the sugar which caused a spike later in the process. If this is true then I would assume that whatever the initial spike was the caps quickly brought to baseline or it’s possible that 15 minutes just wasn’t long enough for anything to happen. I don’t know but hope this helps in your research.

Unfortunately my father who has to do his readings every day went to use it and saw how many strips I used so far, I had to use like 9 today for those 4 readings as I kept not providing enough blood and would get error messages. Also wound up pricking myself 9 times in the process too. In any case he’s requested I not use anymore until his next batch of strips come in. So done with readings until first week of February.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Some good stuff in here. I think part of the higher BG in the mornings is via a different mechanism than you are probably thinking. COmpletely theory here but looking at what you guys have said, I would pose the theory that you have gone hypo during the night and what you are reading with the elevations might just be leftover glucose that was released by the liver to correct fasting blood sugar levels.

Reason Being, high carbs with fat at night causes a spike but the fat doesn't typically make it into the blood stream for 2-3 hours. During that time the likelyhood of going hypo is increased since you will not be waking up to feed when your body signals it is going hypo. Once blood sugar gets low and you don't replenish it because you are sleeping you can go hypo.

Same with your hard training sessions chedapalooza, it is quite possible that you are actually going hypo at some point in the night. Again that will result in your liver dumping glucose to correct the low blood sugar issue.

Also a possible likelihood in the morning fasted protocol he did with his cortisol being high and that already drastically increasing insulin sensitivity, the initial fasted dose may drove him little hypo and getting basically the same level later could just be the result of the liver dropping glucose into the system but it getting shuttled quickly into the muscle so you don't really see a rise. Obviously BG coming from the liver is going to be able to be cleared pretty quickly as there is nothing making it trickle in.

Of course these are just theories that could also explain some of that.

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You know today was 1000x better than the past few. Not perfect but what a difference, night and day. I really didn’t think this weeks issues had anything to do with my s.a.d. Bc i get that so often I’m kinda used to it by now, but this week was way different, and go and figure we had an amazing winter day today, 40 and sunny and things changed. So perhaps it was that all along. Only way I’ll know that is to compare it to future bouts. But great progress yesterday and definitely today so hoping back to full go soon.

Had a decent workout as well.

Clean and press 4x6 95,135,140,145

Bb floor press 4x6 145,165,185,195

Landmine raises single 4x6 90,135,115,100

Side lateral raises 4x6. 20,30,35,30

Shoulder press db. 4x6. 60,70,80,70

Cable crossover 10x20(low), 15x15,20x12 (high). 25x10,30x8 (mid)

Some crunches on the stability ball to finish it off

timmy8888

Awards
  • Established
You know today was 1000x better than the past few. Not perfect but what a difference, night and day. I really didn’t think this weeks issues had anything to do with my s.a.d. Bc i get that so often I’m kinda used to it by now, but this week was way different, and go and figure we had an amazing winter day today, 40 and sunny and things changed. So perhaps it was that all along. Only way I’ll know that is to compare it to future bouts. But great progress yesterday and definitely today so hoping back to full go soon.

Had a decent workout as well.

Clean and press 4x6 95,135,140,145

Bb floor press 4x6 145,165,185,195

Landmine raises single 4x6 90,135,115,100

Side lateral raises 4x6. 20,30,35,30

Shoulder press db. 4x6. 60,70,80,70

Cable crossover 10x20(low), 15x15,20x12 (high). 25x10,30x8 (mid)

Some crunches on the stability ball to finish it off
Glad to hear your workouts are going well and overall feeling better. Enjoying your log so far alot of info to process but glad you are very thorough

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Cpl of “rest days”. Hoping to be back at it for a leg session tomorrow. It’s the damn weather it’s killing me. Dreary, dark, damp. Completely brutal. Puts me in a very dark place and in top of that when it’s cool and damp it goes right to the arthritis in my spine. Working out helps though so I still usually try to get in there and move about but yesterday I pulled in the parking lot and saw how terribly crowded it was and didn’t even bother to get out, just turned around and headed home.

Did get some cardio, about 15 liss, and about 20 min of ab work In though which definitely alleviated things a bit.

Been eating decent though so that’s a plus, all leftovers, been around a 200 surplus each day since Saturday and weight actually went down .2 lbs. I know not a lot but for all the bad rep Garcinia and ketones gets it definitely seems to be keeping the fat at bay and with the glycoshield weights dropping. I wonder what results are for ppl only using liposhield. When you’re running a stack u can get a decent idea of which product is doing what but never quite sure exactly. So I’m wondering if the weight loss is strictly from the lipo or a combination of the two.

And Another observation I’ve made is that all the gdas are roughly the same price but even though u allow for up ton4 caos for high meals, this def seems to be lasting longer too. More bang for your buck type of thing.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Cpl of “rest days”. Hoping to be back at it for a leg session tomorrow. It’s the damn weather it’s killing me. Dreary, dark, damp. Completely brutal. Puts me in a very dark place and in top of that when it’s cool and damp it goes right to the arthritis in my spine. Working out helps though so I still usually try to get in there and move about but yesterday I pulled in the parking lot and saw how terribly crowded it was and didn’t even bother to get out, just turned around and headed home.

Did get some cardio, about 15 liss, and about 20 min of ab work In though which definitely alleviated things a bit.

Been eating decent though so that’s a plus, all leftovers, been around a 200 surplus each day since Saturday and weight actually went down .2 lbs. I know not a lot but for all the bad rep Garcinia and ketones gets it definitely seems to be keeping the fat at bay and with the glycoshield weights dropping. I wonder what results are for ppl only using liposhield. When you’re running a stack u can get a decent idea of which product is doing what but never quite sure exactly. So I’m wondering if the weight loss is strictly from the lipo or a combination of the two.

And Another observation I’ve made is that all the gdas are roughly the same price but even though u allow for up ton4 caos for high meals, this def seems to be lasting longer too. More bang for your buck type of thing.
Lipøshield is definitely more geared overall for weight loss/fat blocking. Glyco will easily help with lean weight gain if calories are high enough. If not, weight loss could be expected from glyco as well... especially at reduced usage like 1-4 daily. 180 Caps is absolutely a value, especially if you don’t use 6 per day which would still last you a full month.

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
When I woke up and saw it outside I instantly went to my log book and wrote rest day down. Then the stupid arthritis pain kicked in and I had to get moving so I went for what I thought would be a very simple session. Little did I know I had one of my best lifting days in a while. Once I warmed up, stretched for 30 minutes, which could be the reason, but I just felt good. So I thought I’d give my normal program a go, at least start it off and go from there.

This starts the 8 rep mini cycle A.

Squat. 45x10(ballistic), 135x8, 185x4,

Working sets. 3x8. 225,235,235

My progression was simple from 225 last time to 230 this time. But 225 felt really light today. So tried 235 and first set was easy, thought about bumping to 340 but held tight. Good thing I wasn’t ready for the extra bump, as the last rep in that second set was hard af, but got the depth and next time out on the 8 range I’ll try to get all three sets at 235.

I came to terms that power squatting wasn’t my game, so about 6 weeks ago I threw everything out the window and reset all my lifts. If I can’t get great depth at a weight I don’t move up, at first it was a big ego blow going from 345 for 3 all the way down to 225 for 3 felt ugly. But the 345 were at 3/4 depth at best, now I’m going beyond parallel so I’m actually hitting the full rom and not simply working a select group with in the legs. And it’s actually crazy how my deads and my cleans have all skyrocketed since committing to this program I built. And oh yeah, knees are never sore as they used to get, which the bad depth I was putting too much shearing at the knee. Anyhow

Sumo dl cpl of warm up sets
3x8. 315,325,325

These were fun, the first set of 325 was really easy, the second it was harder, and after watching the video I instantly recognized why, my t spine was way too arched from the set up and i really didn’t correct during the lift l. Just gotta pay super strict attention to form as my power has jumped to insane measures. Sumo 2 months ago for 8 reps was hard at 265. Just have to be ever more conscious of setting up at these heavier weights. The hams are obviously strong enough to complete the pull but sloppy mechanics, rounded back, not incorporating traps very well, all need to come together and that’ll be my goal to get everything in sync before jumping to higher weights. It’s tough to tell someone that I know I could hit 405 when I never have, yet stand true to my program which excludes anything under 4 reps. Which is a good thing bc like I said first set today went up so easy the old me would’ve instantly put 4 plates on the bar, and then if the back was arched then trouble could’ve happened.

Standing calf off plates
135x15,185z12,215x10,235x10

Db Stiff leg. 3x8 110

Tibia raises 30,20,20

Turned out as crappy as I felt once the juices started flowing it was great, and glad i didn’t give in and go back to bed when that’s what my depression was screaming at me to do.

Food wise, I’m gonna be in a deficit today no way around that now. I was eating like it was a rest day for first half of the day and even though I ate til full fir dinner(stroganoff) I’m going to be at least 200 under if I eat a couple cup cakes, if not it’ll be close to 1000.

Only took 2 caps before the stroganoff and 2 scoops liposhield as well. If I have those cupcakes I’ll do that again.

Ok end of today’s story.

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Still damp and gloomy outside and my moods overall crappy but at least the lifts have been very productive these past two days. I made sure I fed myself well today, no need for cupcake calories to make up deficit, (not that there’s anything wrong with that lol).

Lunch I had some leftover taco pizza, 4 slices to be exact, well ok 3 and about 2/3. The one piece was kinda weird shaped.

Dosed 3 caps and 2 scoops liposhield before and got to the gym about 40 min later.

Session was very good but the chest pumps stole the show. In all honesty I don’t think I’ve ever had this type of pump before in my chest, it was engorged in full circumference even the center.

Bench 3x8. 205,215,210

Kinda odd. 205 was light, bumped to 215, I got it but I knew I’d only get like 6 the next time out and dropped to 210 which was difficult but never in question

Dropped to 200 and knocked out 10

Incline db press 2x8. 65,75. 80x7. I got the eighth but not counting it bc I could feel the spotter doing some work.

Incline fly 3x8. 30,35,35

Db floor 2x8 40,50. 65x7. Was gonna go with the 60’s. But two different ppl had each grabbed a 60. The odds right?

Plate loaded decline 3x8. 180,200,210

3 1 min planks to finish the day off

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Still dealing with things but the gyms been the best therapy this week.

If back day were a woman she’d be blistering hot.

Love me some back day.

1 arm straight arm pulldown 20x20

Rack pull 6x8. (135,225,315,365,375,380)

Bar shrug. 335x3,315x5,295x7,275x9,255x11

Bent over row 3x8 185
Reverse grip same

Long bar row 4 plates-2x8. +25-1x7 5 plates-1x4

Face pull 3x20. 30,20,20

Standing rear fly 3x20. 10,15,20. 2x8. 30,35

Physically I just felt so damn alpha at the gym today. Really get that way after rack pulls and deads, they just stir something up in me.

I had some leftover stroganoff fir lunch with 2 caps and 1 scoop liposhield. Had a crazy pump but in all honestly my lats always double up on back day, it doesn’t take much at all. But I know the pumps from the caps are totally legit because my chest pumps are awful on the usual yet supersized yesterday.

Will have a 2 week weight update on Saturday. May take the day off tomorrow, have to take buddy around to run errands and I refuse to lift when it’s stupid crowded but who knows he exaggerates how much stuff he needs done all the time.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Glad to hear your workouts are going well and overall feeling better. Enjoying your log so far alot of info to process but glad you are very thorough
I agree, well said!!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sounds like you should really look into supplementing Vitamin D3, you are extremely sensitive to the lack of sun which could mean your Vit D levels are low and exacerbated when there is minimal sun.

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Sounds like you should really look into supplementing Vitamin D3, you are extremely sensitive to the lack of sun which could mean your Vit D levels are low and exacerbated when there is minimal sun.
Thanks. But already taking 10k of d3 a day. It’s depression that is triggered by change in season, luckily I only get it when it’s dark, damp, gloomy etc.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks. But already taking 10k of d3 a day. It’s depression that is triggered by change in season, luckily I only get it when it’s dark, damp, gloomy etc.
Damn that sucks, sounded pretty typical of D3 deficiency, as that is normally the cause of the seasonal depression in winter. Of course their are lots of other things that run in similar cycles.

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Damn that sucks, sounded pretty typical of D3 deficiency, as that is normally the cause of the seasonal depression in winter. Of course their are lots of other things that run in similar cycles.
Yeah first thing doc thought of way back. It’s weird bc it wasn’t that bad when I was younger but ever since moving back from la it’s sucked. There’s meds but u have to take it all the time, and makes me feel like sh1t so I choose vs taking it as I’d rather only feel crappy when it’s triggered than half my self all the time. I’m just fortunate that I can pretty much deal with it, lots of ppl can’t at all.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah first thing doc thought of way back. It’s weird bc it wasn’t that bad when I was younger but ever since moving back from la it’s sucked. There’s meds but u have to take it all the time, and makes me feel like sh1t so I choose vs taking it as I’d rather only feel crappy when it’s triggered than half my self all the time. I’m just fortunate that I can pretty much deal with it, lots of ppl can’t at all.
Yeah, at least it is something you can manage and I totally get not wanting to mess with your quality of life 100% of the time in an effort to curb something that maybe effects you 5-10% of the time and is not too bad even then.

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well my buddy canceled out and it was a good thing bc I really didn’t want to taco him all over the place and the best thing is his sisters available on Monday so I lucked out. I would’ve been miserable company anyhow, not really depressing stuff, but I just woke up in a pissed off mood and pretty much stayed with me all day.

So I was able to lift, but a quick arm session. I’ve said it b4 2 caps is all u need to pump u up. Very swole tris and nice peaks on the bis. Roadmap veins re-emerged today, hadn’t seen them since I began eating like a glutton so kinda cool to see. If u have glycoshield and are not doing the double cap with a carbed up pre workout meal you’re just doing it wrong. Today I had a nice helping of stroganoff and then grabbed some extra noodles towards the end, I mean that stroganoff looked all alone in the plate so had to give it some company right lol

Bar curl 6x8. 45,65,85,85,95,95

Close grip bench 6x8. 95,115,135,155,155,155

Db hammer 3x8. 40,45,50

Rope pushdown (rep per pound) 20,25,30

Wrist curls 3x20 45

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Took a rest day.

Weighed in this am at 179.2. So down 2.4 from last week and a whopping 10.8 since starting both together

Strength is still progressing per my program so hoping most of not all thus weight is water/fat loss. The shadows of a six pack are there again which is way ahead of last year, and vascularity is where it’s at post cut.

Might take tomorrow off too or I might do legs haven’t made up my mind yet

timmy8888

Awards
  • Established
Took a rest day.

Weighed in this am at 179.2. So down 2.4 from last week and a whopping 10.8 since starting both together

Strength is still progressing per my program so hoping most of not all thus weight is water/fat loss. The shadows of a six pack are there again which is way ahead of last year, and vascularity is where it’s at post cut.

Might take tomorrow off too or I might do legs haven’t made up my mind yet
Nice progress, strength increasing as well as losing that much weight so quick. If only that was my case.

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So I wound up doing legs today. It’s the start of my second 8 rep micro cycle and it calls for some accessory lifts.

It was a good session but man you know it’s bad when the doms starts kicking in 3 hours after you finish. I know where the soreness is coming from too.

Squat starting from the bottom
4x8. 45,135,185,205

Box squat 4x8. 235,285,325,325

Now these fascinate me. My real squat 8 rep is 235 but box is 90 lbs heavier. I know the box squat isn’t as deep of a squat and you’re supposed to be able to do more but it’s not that much difference where the back squat ends and the box squat ends and you have no momentum coming out of the whole which in my estimation should make the box at a higher difficulty level from the down position. Yet it’s a 90 lb difference.

Rdl. 4x8. 135,225,245,255

Culprit number 1
Single leg squats off bench

I never do these so I went with bw. Which was too easy so grabbed 25 lbs and that was still kind of easy, balance issues aside, so I had the bright idea to run these as drop sets
4x8. 25,10,5,bw.

Brutal decision

Culprit 2

Tri set. 4x8. 90,180,270,360,450
Low and center leg press
High and wide leg press
Calf press
Then I did a single drop set as I was taking the plates off. Each with 5 reps

Culprit 3
Abduction 40 reps. Descending starting with 175 and ending at 115.
Adduction 40 reps same progression but ending at 130.

Cpl sets for calves

So got a feeling my clean and pressing is out the window for tomorrow, got a hunch these hammies won’t be for it

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Felt a little off today again, but decent workout.

Here’s why everyone should be tracking their macros as they eat them. I al ate do but today I just jotted them down as I ate them, didn’t do the calculations until now. I was in for a shock. I ate oatmeal, stroganoff with noodles, post workout shake, meatloaf potatoes and a ton of green beans and carrots, I also calculated in yogurt and cottage cheese which I have at night. All that and I’m sitting at 1450. My tdee today will wind up being around 2900. It’s crappy out so it going for donuts. Soooo. I guess I’ll be packing down some more meatloaf and potatoes later just to get to 2000. In my mind I was thinking I’d be around 2200. Way off. Sucks bc if I would’ve known I could’ve stopped for something, yeah prob donuts lol on the way home.

Great pump out of 2 caps again today.

Bb floor press 4x8. 135,185,190,195

Landmine raises 4x8. 90,115,100,90
Landmine raises both arms same

Cable crossovers 5x10 20 lbs. varying heights

Seated shoulder press 5x8. 35,50,65,50,40

Side lateral raises 5x8. 30,40,35,30,20

3 planks @1 min each
3 side planks @ 30 sec per side

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Felt a little off today again, but decent workout.

Here’s why everyone should be tracking their macros as they eat them. I al ate do but today I just jotted them down as I ate them, didn’t do the calculations until now. I was in for a shock. I ate oatmeal, stroganoff with noodles, post workout shake, meatloaf potatoes and a ton of green beans and carrots, I also calculated in yogurt and cottage cheese which I have at night. All that and I’m sitting at 1450. My tdee today will wind up being around 2900. It’s crappy out so it going for donuts. Soooo. I guess I’ll be packing down some more meatloaf and potatoes later just to get to 2000. In my mind I was thinking I’d be around 2200. Way off. Sucks bc if I would’ve known I could’ve stopped for something, yeah prob donuts lol on the way home.

Great pump out of 2 caps again today.

Bb floor press 4x8. 135,185,190,195

Landmine raises 4x8. 90,115,100,90
Landmine raises both arms same

Cable crossovers 5x10 20 lbs. varying heights

Seated shoulder press 5x8. 35,50,65,50,40

Side lateral raises 5x8. 30,40,35,30,20

3 planks @1 min each
3 side planks @ 30 sec per side
Donuts to hit your calories?? I've apparently been doing it wrong. :sad:

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Donuts to hit your calories?? I've apparently been doing it wrong. :sad:
Yeah man. Donuts are the great equalizer lol

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Had a couple interviews today so it was a quick back session

50 pull ups 30 close grip 12 wide. 8 neutral

Straight arm pulldown 3x20 22.5

1 arm row 4x8 65,110,100,100

Db shrugs 3x20 55 lbs

Managements to make up all those calories last night by eating popcorn, cheese puffs, cheese filled crackers and an apple. Needless to say I did a couple scoops of liposhield and 3 caps of glycoshield

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So did get in yesterday and had an arm day that got derailed halfway through, but for a good reason, got the pt director position at la near my house so stoked I can build a career in fitness.

Today I kept my progression going with the start of micro cycle a in the 10 rep range

Squat
3x10. 225,235,235

Sumo
2x10. 315,325. 325x8

Yeah that last set I just didn’t have the next cpl reps. But it’s cool it’s a 10 lb increase in max set from 4 weeks ago.

Occlusion training
Leg extensions 65x30,15,15

Lying leg curl 68x30,15,15

Did some calf work after.

Been force feeding myself bc my appetite has stalled big time but it’s cool I’m way ahead of last year right now in appearance. I was hoping to keep this at above maintenance the whole run but getting cut at maintenance these past few days is a win.