Bloated face during bulk

TheSuppGuy

TheSuppGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey guys. Everytime I end my cut to start a bulk, my face gets really bloated! Like holy **** I get ugly as ****! I think I'm storing so much water getting all carbs and being in a surplus. Is there any good way to avoid this and still be in a surplus where you can build muscle?

THANKS

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
What are you taking and what's your diet like? You could look at a water pill.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Likely just genetics. You could try an AI. Arimistane makes me pretty dry. Check out Muscle Addiction Eradicate. It's priced very nicely.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Up your water, watch your sodium intake and increase cardio.

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hey guys. Everytime I end my cut to start a bulk, my face gets really bloated! Like holy **** I get ugly as ****! I think I'm storing so much water getting all carbs and being in a surplus. Is there any good way to avoid this and still be in a surplus where you can build muscle?

THANKS
What is your protocol for transitioning from a cut to a bulk? how many cals more do you eat once you start bulking?

irishiron300

irishiron300

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Up your water, watch your sodium intake and increase cardio.
This. Also maybe you upped calories too quickly.

Plus, instead of shorts/t combo I go for pants/hoodie in gym for full sweat...good luck.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
You aren't alone with this - most people get a fuller rounder face when their body fat levels increase. Definitely keep an eye on your sodium intake, and make sure you aren't increasing your calories too quickly. I always find that my face looks noticeably different after 3-4 weeks into a lean bulk.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I think this is very common to get a bloated face during a bulk. Like the others have said just watch sodium and water intake and you should be fine. Then whenever you cut it will go away.

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Most of it is in your head too. The slight difference you may notice but no one else will.

SwoleNation

SwoleNation

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Bloated face may be an estro side... An AI should take care of it.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think this is very common to get a bloated face during a bulk. Like the others have said just watch sodium and water intake and you should be fine. Then whenever you cut it will go away.
this...I know plenty of ppl who show bloat in the face early on in their bulk, then once they start to cut, it goes away

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
@OP Have you transitioned from cutting to bulking before?
If so, what was that like and did you notice anything in particular?

I read that once the fatty acids in fatty cells have been burnt the fat cells essentially become empty balloons. These are then filled with water which is less dense than solid fat and so take up more space. As a result the cells become larger . Assuming you've lost some fat from your face, this may be causing the facial bloating.
Only read this in one article tho and can't validate it with anything but...