Best ZMA product

clownbaby

clownbaby

Awards
  • Established
listen...moron..we're not talking about increasing strength or hormone levels. we are all aware that's not what it does. it REPLACES two essential minerals that active people need. what are you not getting about that? this guy asked for a simple suggestion on what ZMA product to purchase and we tried to give him them. then u came along saying it sucks. maybe it didn't work for you. maybe you train like a pussy i don't know. but riding in here on your high horse after maybe being a month on this board..with no rep points and it's obvious..completely taking down a proven product is just stupid. we've all used it. we know it works. i'm using it again know and am having great sleep on it. just because it didn't work for you doesn't mean it sucks. can you go with taking zma? of course. can it make a difference? of course. each side can find articles supporting or negating its effects for hours. saying a proven, well liked supplement sucks...not cool...we're not talking about Muscletech products here...

clownbaby

clownbaby

Awards
  • Established
Actually, clownbaby is right, that study is very very small and not enough to judge a supplement, let alone to make a decision about anything.

However, since I've been taking ZMA for a couple/few months and have enough for 6 months and I love the effects which are:

-Better Sleep

-Sh*t every morning (this is because of the magnesium, a lot of people on Atkins, Paleo diets, etc... also supplement with magnesium, considering I only eat meat, no fruits, vegetables or grains, this is a good benefit.

-better overall being.

-I need the extra zinc because I lose more than average.
thanks man at least some people on this forum don't act like children and call each other an "moron" because they disagree with someone else.

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
Musclepharm's Bulletproof
I like Bulletproof's profile it's just so expensive. ZMK is good for me. I like the idea of taking vitamins during the day and minerals at night. I don't even need to mention the crazy ass dreams it gives me.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
your hormone profiles regulate during deep sleep. ZMA/ZMK aid in providing wonderful sleep! if you sleep better then you're hormone profiles are more likely to reach ideal levels...it doesn't directly effect your hormone levels. but, indirectly, it can be beneficial to them!

goodside

goodside

Awards
I'm yet to try ZMK. But NutraPlanet's ZMT is a good value ZMA sup and I am happy with it.

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
-Sh*t every morning (this is because of the magnesium, a lot of people on Atkins, Paleo diets, etc... also supplement with magnesium, considering I only eat meat, no fruits, vegetables or grains, this is a good benefit.
That's why!! I love that too. Keeps things moving. It's nice to have a schedule too. Never have to take a deuce in a public restroom.

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
dont waste your money. zma = garbage.
What is wrong with you? Just because you don't like it doesn't make it garbage. Even if it has nothing to do with hormone production I get better sleep. If I sleep better I can train better. Simple enough.

Crap,sorry for the double post. Meant to combine the two.

moklepaul

moklepaul

Awards
  • Established
you wouldn't take a multi with a zma supp because they'd cancel each other out. Vitamins are meant to be taken by day...as minerals are to be taken by night. This is why many multi vitamins are not as effective...because they have minerals blocking the path of the vitamins.
Just curious about this... Why are there minerals (albeit few and low dosed) in "MVP"?

At any rate, MVP/ZMK seems to be getting good reviews, so I bought a months worth to replace my current NOW Adam to see if I can notice any worthwhile difference.

:)

krogtaar

Awards
MST's ZMK

This thread can now be closed :thumbsup::hammer:
seconded, i have had trouble falling asleep since i can remember, and sometimes zma would help, usually not.

ZMK puts me out cold

dont take calcium with zink btw, they compete for absorption. there is no truth to the vitamins in day, minerals at night mumbo jumbo

clownbaby

clownbaby

Awards
  • Established
What is wrong with you? Just because you don't like it doesn't make it garbage. Even if it has nothing to do with hormone production I get better sleep. If I sleep better I can train better. Simple enough.

Crap,sorry for the double post. Meant to combine the two.

take the magnesium alone then. you will save yourself a pretty penny by doing so.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I like Bulletproof's profile it's just so expensive. ZMK is good for me. I like the idea of taking vitamins during the day and minerals at night. I don't even need to mention the crazy ass dreams it gives me.
i can get you a nice discount code if you like, thing is you dont even need the full reccommended dose for it to be effective. Youll love it trust me, dreams on bulletproof are on a whole nother level from zmk or zma..

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
no disrespect piston, however, I think the reason he was happy using zmk was because of the mineral supplementation at night vs. not. In that respect, zmk is a far superior product for use versus bulletproof. The evidence is all over the ingredient listing.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
no disrespect piston, however, I think the reason he was happy using zmk was because of the mineral supplementation at night vs. not. In that respect, zmk is a far superior product for use versus bulletproof. The evidence is all over the ingredient listing.
:D i meant no disrespect either, i was merely stating that dreams on bulletproof are out of this world in comparison! As a whole product for sleep and recovery i stand behind Bulletproof.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Well then it seems as though the only thing we can agree on is that we don't want to disrespect each other ;)

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
holy crap...$70 for a 22 day supply of bulletproof!?!?

for that much $ it had better guarantee a happy ending in my dreams:lol:

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i can get you a nice discount code if you like, thing is you dont even need the full reccommended dose for it to be effective. Youll love it trust me, dreams on bulletproof are on a whole nother level from zmk or zma..
Been curious to try Bulletproof. Currently taking ZMA and must admit I like it and it helps keep me out for a good 8 to 9 hours.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Poseidon
150 mg magnesium
7 mg zinc
5 mg b6

Zmk
500 mg magnesium
30 mg zinc
25 mg b6

That is not to say that Poseidon's numbers are not enough...but dependant upon your physical activity would depend on how much you need to restore in your body. Zmk has a little over your daily need so that if you are not getting one of those 3 items from your diet and you are doing extreme physical activity, it will help replenish your stores.

I hope that helped a bit.

searcyc2

Awards
Poseidon
150 mg magnesium
7 mg zinc
5 mg b6

Zmk
500 mg magnesium
30 mg zinc
25 mg b6

That is not to say that Poseidon's numbers are not enough...but dependant upon your physical activity would depend on how much you need to restore in your body. Zmk has a little over your daily need so that if you are not getting one of those 3 items from your diet and you are doing extreme physical activity, it will help replenish your stores.

I hope that helped a bit.
Ok, thanks. I'm also taking NOW adam, and 1 doses of poesidon daily. Do you think this is enough if i'm bulking doing a 5x5 workout?

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Ok, thanks. I'm also taking NOW adam, and 1 doses of poesidon daily. Do you think this is enough if i'm bulking doing a 5x5 workout?
I think a lot more factors go into deciding something like that than just your multi and bulk routine. I don't know anything about your diet, sleep schedule, weight you're lifting, your weight, age, height, etc.

I couldn't possibly say if thats enough for you or not. All I can really say is that imo Zmk is a far superior product to other "zma" type formulations and would benefit you, and anyone else, greatly.

ari4216

ari4216

Banned
Awards
  • Established
yeah even if your multi contain zinc or magnesium

its better to take them separtely

its not that we dont get enought magnesium or zinc particulary

but more is that when you take it with food and especially calcium containing foods, they dont absorb well.

ams1

ams1

Awards
i honestly cant say. Just ordered my first bottle the other day. hopefully it will be here soon

zacklewis

zacklewis

Awards
I've been on Zmax by La Muscle and found that I only had acne problems when I stacked it with a testosterone booster but I've always been acne ''prone'' so to speak.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Zmk has never given me any issues with acne.

Smiley

Smiley

Awards
  • Established
Just go with the cheapest you can find. Unless you like the added ingredients some have they are all the same thing.

Smiley

Smiley

Awards
  • Established
Regarding zma use,
has anyone experienced an increase in acne? I am a semi-pro football player that works out 6x a week and was thinking about trying zma for more rest and recovery; however, I have heard people say they have gotten an increase of acne. If this is true are there any brands that are better for not getting acne?
ZMA helps out with normal test production. This could be what causes extra acne. Never noticed more when i take it though...

nofx4110

nofx4110

Awards
Regarding zma use,
has anyone experienced an increase in acne? I am a semi-pro football player that works out 6x a week and was thinking about trying zma for more rest and recovery; however, I have heard people say they have gotten an increase of acne. If this is true are there any brands that are better for not getting acne?
Yes.

onimusha

Awards
Im confused, im taking whey protein at night, how can i take ZMA???

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
ZMK gives me such insane dreams I think if they got crazier I'd probably have to be admitted to an asylum.

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
do you take BP nightly? if so, are you aware that Phenibut (in large doses/with daily use) causes an imbalance in neurotransmitters and down regulates receptors? the user then becomes more and more dependent on the compound to keep them feeling normal, even though normal is imbalanced.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
do you take BP nightly? if so, are you aware that Phenibut (in large doses/with daily use) causes an imbalance in neurotransmitters and down regulates receptors? the user then becomes more and more dependent on the compound to keep them feeling normal, even though normal is imbalanced.
no i dont actually and i never reccommend others take it nightly either. I usually take it when i know i have nothing to do the next day (early in the day) or i am just having trouble sleeping. I would imagine alot of things when supplemented down regulate over time.

froggy543

froggy543

Awards
How many Tabs of ZMK do you take? Its says take four tabs, 30-60 min prior to bed time. when i take ZMA i only have 3 befor bed.......and it work fine.

1HP

1HP

Awards
  • Established
How many Tabs of ZMK do you take? Its says take four tabs, 30-60 min prior to bed time. when i take ZMA i only have 3 befor bed.......and it work fine.
4 works noticably better for me. I tried 3 to cut costs but its not as good as 4.

ZMK rulez.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
4 is definitely what you want to be taking for proper supplementation, but if you'd like to experiment with 3, by all means....it's your sleep ;)

cumkwakka

Awards
  • Established
I tried a local brand from a vitamin shop here and that worked crazy. I took 3 caps and BAM knockout and rested like a mo'fo the next morning.

I have tried NOW ZMA, a ZMA with trib and NAC or something like that, and another from Precision Engineered, and NONE have given me the deep sleep effects like the first version, i swear it was a world of difference!

Anyone have a recommendation on a brand that DEFINITELY works? I see NOW, but for me it didn't work.

If i take original SNAC would that be best? If that doesn't work then perhaps ZMA just doesn't work for me...

cheloz28

cheloz28

Awards
  • Established
I take Now Adams in the morning with my 1st meal and also take ZMA by Now before bed. Would this be a problem?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Plex78 Anabolics 1
Nutrition / Health 1
Supplements 1
Matt Skiba Supplements 12
Anabolics 4