Best Tendon Supplement

JFearH

Awards
Hey Guys,
Would you please recommend a good supplement that helps regenerate tendons (other than HGH and BPC 157).
5 years ago I tried PrimaForce Cissus which helped but i stopped taking after 2 weeks and ended up reinjuring myself. Also i heard alot of things about SuperCissus 2 years ago and I took that but that brand didnt do crap for me. Just yesterday i saw my email receipt and noticed that I got that from this online company (HardSupps) thats now no where to be found. Now i wonder if I got a fake product?
Lately my tendons has been bothering me too much and i have been looking in to Flexatril and IForce Nutrition Joint help. For the later i cant find any decent website or even their own that sells it. Whats best source to get these? Which one do you guys recommend. Please recommend any other supp that you know may help with tendons.

MikeSumthin

MikeSumthin

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I'm currently taking Primaforce's Cissus also... working great.

Also tried SNS's Cissus XT which was pretty helpful.

Stachio

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Have you looked into SNS Cissus or their Joint Support XT? If you have any questions, @sns8778 can help you.

Darkhorse192

Darkhorse192

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Some to look into

Undenatured type II collagen
Celadrin + MSM
Solgar No. 7
Topical DMSO

JFearH

Awards
I may want to try SNS Cissus as i am hearing good things about it. Any idea if prolonged usage cissus heals the connective tissue as well as opposed to just have a anti inflammatory effect?

JFearH

Awards
I am also seeing in other thread someone post about Antaeuslab Achilles but everywhere I see its been out of stock. Does anyone know if its been pulled out of market?

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I am also seeing in other thread someone post about Antaeuslab Achilles but everywhere I see its been out of stock. Does anyone know if its been pulled out of market?
I know at Strong Supplement Shop we've been out of stock for a little while now. I'm not sure on the back story for reasons why though.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I may want to try SNS Cissus as i am hearing good things about it. Any idea if prolonged usage cissus heals the connective tissue as well as opposed to just have a anti inflammatory effect?
I think there's a good chance that it can help heal them to a certain degree as some people notice after taking it for months and stopping that their pain doesn't return.

When I was younger, I would use Cissus XT when things were bothering me. Now, I use it and Joint Support XT daily and it helps a lot.

I have a lot of connective tissue issues myself. My autoimmune condition causes the inflammation and pain in my tendons and ligaments more than it does in my joints themselves. And also because I have small joints and years of lifting heavy and doing other activities creates a lot of wear and tear on them over the years.

JFearH

Awards
I think there's a good chance that it can help heal them to a certain degree as some people notice after taking it for months and stopping that their pain doesn't return.

When I was younger, I would use Cissus XT when things were bothering me. Now, I use it and Joint Support XT daily and it helps a lot.

I have a lot of connective tissue issues myself. My autoimmune condition causes the inflammation and pain in my tendons and ligaments more than it does in my joints themselves. And also because I have small joints and years of lifting heavy and doing other activities creates a lot of wear and tear on them over the years.
I can somewhat relate to you. I have tendon pain in tendons most people haven't even heard of. I have lost the battle long time ago trying to rehab anything because when i rehab one tendon, two others get hurt. I have some tendon degeneration thats going on in at least dozen of my tendons. I cant push myself in the gym and have to stick to compound exercise below the pain threshold. Btw, for me all rheumatology test came back negative and im too scared to try out bpc157 incase theres some side effects later down the road.

JFearH

Awards
Out of curiosity, does anyone know a good source of oral bpc-157? If i was to consider that route.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Out of curiosity, does anyone know a good source of oral bpc-157? If i was to consider that route.
I normally don't reply to anything peptide/research chem related, but since you shared that you have a legit condition, I want to urge you to be very careful with them.

The reason that I say this is that even if someone has a 'good source', what that really means is that they have a company that they trust that is good intentioned or means well but the problem is that hardly any of these items are independently tested anymore. Company XYZ in the US or wherever buys raw material XYZ from company XYZ in China and hopes it is what its supposed to be. Since the government has made clear that it considers them illegal, the problem is that any company selling them to test them would then be sending their illegal item to an FDA/DEA registered lab for testing - so you can see how that could go really wrong for them really quickly haha.

I hope that makes sense.

Only way I'd even consider it is if you could by any wild chance find it at a legitimate compounding pharmacy. As in a real pharmacy that can produce an FDA/DEA registration number. I don't think any have it, but I haven't really looked either.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I can somewhat relate to you. I have tendon pain in tendons most people haven't even heard of. I have lost the battle long time ago trying to rehab anything because when i rehab one tendon, two others get hurt. I have some tendon degeneration thats going on in at least dozen of my tendons. I cant push myself in the gym and have to stick to compound exercise below the pain threshold. Btw, for me all rheumatology test came back negative and im too scared to try out bpc157 incase theres some side effects later down the road.
I'm sorry to hear about that and that you're going thru that. I would definitely suggest Joint Support XT and Cissus XT together. As you said, nothing is going to make you like new again, but I think you would likely experience a good amount of relief and improvement with them.

My autoimmune condition has is very complex and has been years of frustration. 3 different rheumatologists and I don't even know how many different tests. My inflammation markers and other bloodwork definitely indicates an autoimmune condition but then certain markers make it hard for them to put a particular name on it. Then they argue over whether it can be one or the other without hitting all of the criteria, etc. My current Rheumatologist who is the best imo out of the ones I've seen thinks its definitely one of the more rare and obscure ones. I don't even care anymore about figuring out exactly which one(s) that it is, I just try to manage it the best that I can.

JFearH

Awards
I normally don't reply to anything peptide/research chem related, but since you shared that you have a legit condition, I want to urge you to be very careful with them.

The reason that I say this is that even if someone has a 'good source', what that really means is that they have a company that they trust that is good intentioned or means well but the problem is that hardly any of these items are independently tested anymore. Company XYZ in the US or wherever buys raw material XYZ from company XYZ in China and hopes it is what its supposed to be. Since the government has made clear that it considers them illegal, the problem is that any company selling them to test them would then be sending their illegal item to an FDA/DEA registered lab for testing - so you can see how that could go really wrong for them really quickly haha.

I hope that makes sense.

Only way I'd even consider it is if you could by any wild chance find it at a legitimate compounding pharmacy. As in a real pharmacy that can produce an FDA/DEA registration number. I don't think any have it, but I haven't really looked either.
Thank You for your concern. Its just that seeing post and youtube videos of how it helped their chronic tendonapthies have made is so tempting for me.

JFearH

Awards
I'm sorry to hear about that and that you're going thru that. I would definitely suggest Joint Support XT and Cissus XT together. As you said, nothing is going to make you like new again, but I think you would likely experience a good amount of relief and improvement with them.

My autoimmune condition has is very complex and has been years of frustration. 3 different rheumatologists and I don't even know how many different tests. My inflammation markers and other bloodwork definitely indicates an autoimmune condition but then certain markers make it hard for them to put a particular name on it. Then they argue over whether it can be one or the other without hitting all of the criteria, etc. My current Rheumatologist who is the best imo out of the ones I've seen thinks its definitely one of the more rare and obscure ones. I don't even care anymore about figuring out exactly which one(s) that it is, I just try to manage it the best that I can.
Appreciate the insight on your situation. For my condition, its a hit or miss. For instance my shoulder wont hurt for good 6 months and then it will get aggrivated out of no where while my Achille tendon would be giving me a nice break and then the tables would be turned. I wont know ahead of time which exercise will cause me pain and which wont. Also for this reason its so hard for me to stay on a consistent program.

Does any local store carry the cissus? Also would you know the source of gelatin in this product or any pork ingredient? Thank You

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Thank You for your concern. Its just that seeing post and youtube videos of how it helped their chronic tendonapthies have made is so tempting for me.
I understand. Just always keep in mind though that if you accidentally get the wrong thing or its cross contaminated with the wrong thing, some things can make it worse instead of better.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Appreciate the insight on your situation. For my condition, its a hit or miss. For instance my shoulder wont hurt for good 6 months and then it will get aggrivated out of no where while my Achille tendon would be giving me a nice break and then the tables would be turned. I wont know ahead of time which exercise will cause me pain and which wont. Also for this reason its so hard for me to stay on a consistent program.

Does any local store carry the cissus? Also would you know the source of gelatin in this product or any pork ingredient? Thank You
When mine started, it would be flare ups a few times a year. Now, its a lot more common unfortunately. And back then, it would typically be just one or two body parts; now its pretty much every connective tissue when I have flare ups. There are days I can barely walk because of it.

There are brick and mortars that do carry our products but it depends on the area. I really do wish that we were sold in more brick and mortars than we are. If your local store doesn't carry us, they most likely can pretty easily by just contacting us through the website.

But the easiest way to get the product(s) is through our website or an online retailer.

Cissus XT is in vegetable capsules. Here's a link so you can see the label and write up:

JFearH

Awards
When mine started, it would be flare ups a few times a year. Now, its a lot more common unfortunately. And back then, it would typically be just one or two body parts; now its pretty much every connective tissue when I have flare ups. There are days I can barely walk because of it.

There are brick and mortars that do carry our products but it depends on the area. I really do wish that we were sold in more brick and mortars than we are. If your local store doesn't carry us, they most likely can pretty easily by just contacting us through the website.

But the easiest way to get the product(s) is through our website or an online retailer.

Cissus XT is in vegetable capsules. Here's a link so you can see the label and write up:

Please provide your number where i can reach you for additional question on your product. Also left you a message.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I had chronic tendonitis in my right elbow and shoulder (bicep and tricep tendonitis), then I got a flair up in my left shoulder and shortly after, my left knee (patella). I had a series of cort injections, but the issues would always come back. After growing concerned with the number of cort injections I was getting, I decided to give cissus a try. within a few weeks my pains started going away and after a couple months everything was better. I ran cissus for about 6 months before discontinuing use - 6 months or so later, and everything came back...this is likely to my own training regiment. started cissus again and it all went away...I've been using cissus as part of my daily supplement routine since and not had anymore issues.

I originally started with the USP Labs Super Cissus, and have switched to SNS for the last couple years. been quite pleased!

JFearH

Awards
I had chronic tendonitis in my right elbow and shoulder (bicep and tricep tendonitis), then I got a flair up in my left shoulder and shortly after, my left knee (patella). I had a series of cort injections, but the issues would always come back. After growing concerned with the number of cort injections I was getting, I decided to give cissus a try. within a few weeks my pains started going away and after a couple months everything was better. I ran cissus for about 6 months before discontinuing use - 6 months or so later, and everything came back...this is likely to my own training regiment. started cissus again and it all went away...I've been using cissus as part of my daily supplement routine since and not had anymore issues.

I originally started with the USP Labs Super Cissus, and have switched to SNS for the last couple years. been quite pleased!
So after you stopped using pain came back. Sounds like it has more of anti-inflammatory role than healing. My main concern is using it long term. One natrupath told me that except some spices, some herbs shouldn't be used long term.

In another brand of Cissus on amazon, it shows that it increases creatine production which could also be responsible for elevating creatinine in the body. Now i know im going little off topic but this is one of my concern of taking this supplement forever.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Joint Support XT + Cissus XT worked great for me and my dad

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So after you stopped using pain came back. Sounds like it has more of anti-inflammatory role than healing. My main concern is using it long term. One natrupath told me that except some spices, some herbs shouldn't be used long term.

In another brand of Cissus on amazon, it shows that it increases creatine production which could also be responsible for elevating creatinine in the body. Now i know im going little off topic but this is one of my concern of taking this supplement forever.
AFAIK Cissus promotes collagen production, specifically the type of collagen in connective tissue. This is one of the pathways for relieving connective tissue repair...not just anti inflammatory. We are guys who train, and train hard - tendonitis is generally considered an overuse injury...and most of the guys who train aren't the best at allowing for enough rest for connective tissue to recover on it's own.

Additionally, if I'm not mistaken the study referencing elevated creatine was in regards to cissus and weight loss - I can't imagine being concerned with slightly elevated creatine levels for an active adult?

mechka_grizli

mechka_grizli

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Going to offer an alternative here, call it pseudoscience or whatever you want BUT Bovine Tracheal Cartilage and Living Collagen were the only things that worked for me. Have has surgery on both elbows for Golfers Elbow, 2 years later developed Tennis Elbow in both. Not wanting to go the surgery route again, I tried cissus. It more so lessen the pain but wasn't "healing." Tried the above combo and within 45 days I felt 1000x better. Just giving and honest review about an unconventional method

Mixelflick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Orthogen by Morphogen is one of the best on the market IMO
All of Ben's products are well dosed and open-label
If you are looking for a kitchen sink type formula, this one has you covered.

This looks like an excellent formula, very rare. Whoever formulated it clearly put a lot of thought into it, so I don't think kitchen think does it justice (although I know you meant well). You just don't see this level of analysis anymore, so hats off to him. Would love to try it..

Do they sell it anywhere other than direct from their website?

JFearH

Awards
No doubt this looks like a really amazing supplement but don't forget that whatever it has, has to pass through your kidney and liver. I bought the cissus from SNS and will try that. If that doesn't work then perhaps i will try something like this.

JFearH

Awards
Going to offer an alternative here, call it pseudoscience or whatever you want BUT Bovine Tracheal Cartilage and Living Collagen were the only things that worked for me. Have has surgery on both elbows for Golfers Elbow, 2 years later developed Tennis Elbow in both. Not wanting to go the surgery route again, I tried cissus. It more so lessen the pain but wasn't "healing." Tried the above combo and within 45 days I felt 1000x better. Just giving and honest review about an unconventional method
Tried collagen before and it gave me headache due to glutamine

JFearH

Awards
Try the Tracheal Cartilage
Ordered that. Fingers crossed. Let me ask you something. How was your diet and protein intake prior to taking this? I heard that this stuff only helps if you arent taking enough in your diet.

mechka_grizli

mechka_grizli

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ordered that. Fingers crossed. Let me ask you something. How was your diet and protein intake prior to taking this? I heard that this stuff only helps if you arent taking enough in your diet.
Are you asking do I get enough bovine tracheal cartilage in my diet?

JFearH

Awards
You said it took you 45 days to feel better. Im almost a month on BTC and feeling somewhat better in chronic injuries but not much for acute. For you did it feel the same? Or after 45 days you started feeling better. Im contemplating if i should buy another bottle or try something else
Are you asking do I get enough bovine tracheal cartilage in my diet?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I think that the Bovine Tracheal Cartilage is very overhyped. For something like that, it really comes down to what is in it that would work - and the ingredients it has in there, its not that they don't work but its that they don't seem like they would work better than other things, many of which are at a fraction of the price.

MikeSumthin

MikeSumthin

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I think that the Bovine Tracheal Cartilage is very overhyped. For something like that, it really comes down to what is in it that would work - and the ingredients it has in there, its not that they don't work but its that they don't seem like they would work better than other things, many of which are at a fraction of the price.
But here on Anabolic Minds we like stacking!!

...especially your stuff, Steve!!

JFearH

Awards
Sorry buddy, as much as i would have loved, the cissus didnt work for me. Most people reported it working in 2 weeks. I finished entire bottle and didn't even start the second one.
I got the btc based on this guys recomendation but not sure what that is doing either. Im clueless atm.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Sorry buddy, as much as i would have loved, the cissus didnt work for me. Most people reported it working in 2 weeks. I finished entire bottle and didn't even start the second one.
I got the btc based on this guys recomendation but not sure what that is doing either. Im clueless atm.
Things can work different for different people, but if you have a second bottle, I would have started it though.

Supplementation in general, and especially with certain categories like things working for joint, tendon, and ligament pain is often a matter of expectations and a lot of times a matter of patience.

It takes us years of wear and tear on our body to cause certain problems, issues, and conditions. And of course we all want relief or help as quickly as possible but a lot of times people get so impatient that they don't allow themselves to get results or the best results off of things.

Take Glucosamine for example - it may be kinda boring to talk about bc its been around so long, but its by far the most well researched product for joint health and I remember a lot of the initial studies on it showed that it takes 3 to 6 weeks to even START to become effective. Not for maximum effectiveness, but to start to become effective.

A good bodybuilding example is Phosphatidic Acid. You hear some people that love it and some people that say it does nothing. But a deep dive into this shows 2 things - 1) People expecting the best results off products with subpar dosages 2) People having unrealistic expectations and expecting results too quickly. They then may get frustrated and stop using it and wind up costing themselves what could be great consistent gains if they had the proper expectations. Because realistically, I would tell people if you're not going to try Phosphatidic Acid at the correct dose for at least 8 weeks, don't even bother to begin with because it takes awhile to build up in your system and become effective. Me and @DieselNY have talked about this a lot.

In regard to Cissus, in your post here you said that most people report it working in 2 weeks - but I think what would be more accurate to say would be that 'most people can feel it starting to work in as little as 2 weeks' or that 'most people can start to tell a different in as little as 2 weeks and then results get better with time'. Cissus is a great product for joint, tendon, ligament, and cartilage health but its a product that needs to be used consistently for best results. It's not a miracle cure all that's going to make you feel 10 years younger in a few weeks.

In terms of great joint support products for people that are impatient (and don't get me wrong, I can be myself), I think Joint Support XT is the best product available because it contains NEM Natural Eggshell Membrane which has been shown in clinical studies to start working within 7 days, C3 Curcumin that has been shown in many clinical studies to be effective for joint pain and relief, Super Boswellin which is a patented clinically researched form of Boswellin that has been shown effective, and then good old Glucosamine, which as discussed above may not be the fastest working out of the group but has great studies showing long term relief and benefits. This product works great for me and between weight training, sports, and rafting, I've put a lot of wear and tear on my body over the years. I hope he doesn't mind me tagging him in the post but @Hyde is a great example of someone else that I've seen post in several places that really likes the results from Joint Support XT.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
But here on Anabolic Minds we like stacking!!

...especially your stuff, Steve!!
Ha. Thank you.

But what I meant about Bovine Tracheal Cartilage is that I think that its overhyped and I think that a lot of people that are promoting it haven't really taken a step back and looked at it in terms of what is in it. For example, some of the active constituents in it are mucopolysaccharides (of which Chondroitin Sulfate is a major one), protein, calcium, sulfur (think MSM), and Collagen.

^^^ So its not that any of those things are bad, they just aren't as ground breaking or new as some people's sales pitches want to make you believe. I mean realistically, the most common joint support supplements for mass market are Glucosamine, Chondroitin, and MSM and actually have more Chondroitin and MSM than Bovine Tracheal Cartilage does. Now, I'm not saying that they are better - I'm just giving examples of why that when you do a deep dive, there is more to it than when you just buy into the hype and why it doesn't excite me personally.

A lot of people don't even realize that many of the studies on this are super old and that there is some correlation with the ones in the 90's to the Shark Cartilage craze of back then.

There are so many ingredients that I never see mentioned on AM that intrigue me a lot more for joint health personally.

I'll put it like this - I think that Joint Support XT is by far superior to it. But if I were designing a joint health product for a second product, another brand, or whatever and I was using say 5 or 6 ingredients, it honestly wouldn't make the cut when you consider the cost to benefit ratio.

And trust me, I'm not trying to put the ingredient down - we've had people ask us to do one ourselves (and we may consider it), I'm just being honest in my opinion and providing some information here that I think some people have gotten so caught up in the hype that they may not have really thought about.

mechka_grizli

mechka_grizli

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You said it took you 45 days to feel better. Im almost a month on BTC and feeling somewhat better in chronic injuries but not much for acute. For you did it feel the same? Or after 45 days you started feeling better. Im contemplating if i should buy another bottle or try something else
Yes 45 days in I was able to return to lifting. Before I started, just picking up a glass of water was painful. After 45 days, the everyday pain was pretty non-existent. The only pain I got was after lifting where I would need to ice, and in the morning cause im a stomach sleeper and my arms are folded throughout the night

JFearH

Awards
Yes 45 days in I was able to return to lifting. Before I started, just picking up a glass of water was painful. After 45 days, the everyday pain was pretty non-existent. The only pain I got was after lifting where I would need to ice, and in the morning cause im a stomach sleeper and my arms are folded throughout the night
sorry to bug u with so many question but im kinda hopeful that ill be in same shoes as you. So far i have 3 days supply left on first bottle and nothing yet so im hoping im a late responder like you. I did buy another bottle. Fingers crossed!

JFearH

Awards
All, I started this thread last year and I am back as i am still struggling with new injuries. Since i created this thread last year, i have picked up several additional injuries and its a loosing battle at this time. I have taken the below product and i will rate them.
(1) SNS Cissus
Joint Pain Improvement (6/10)
Tendon Pain Improvement (7/10)
(2) Ancestral Supplement Bovine Trachea Collagen & Living Collagen (two separate supplements)
Joint Pain Improvement (9/10)
Tendon Pain Improvement (2/10)

I think that Ancestral Supplement worked better for joint pain but did not do much for tendon. My main concern is really tendon injuries. Cissus, if i remember correctly at about one month mark did reduce the severity of the tendon pain but it never got rid of it.

Is there another brand of Cissus anyone tried that perhaps works a bit better?

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
All, I started this thread last year and I am back as i am still struggling with new injuries. Since i created this thread last year, i have picked up several additional injuries and its a loosing battle at this time. I have taken the below product and i will rate them.
(1) SNS Cissus
Joint Pain Improvement (6/10)
Tendon Pain Improvement (7/10)
(2) Ancestral Supplement Bovine Trachea Collagen & Living Collagen (two separate supplements)
Joint Pain Improvement (9/10)
Tendon Pain Improvement (2/10)

I think that Ancestral Supplement worked better for joint pain but did not do much for tendon. My main concern is really tendon injuries. Cissus, if i remember correctly at about one month mark did reduce the severity of the tendon pain but it never got rid of it.

Is there another brand of Cissus anyone tried that perhaps works a bit better?
you prevent injuries by stretching, being hydrated, proper form, etc. not by taking egg shell and cissus. sounds like you need healing peptides if anything. for joint health the most important thing is collagen.