BEST SOURCE FOR BULK PWO INGREDIENTS?

Geoffr

Geoffr

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am wanting to start making my own preworkout, do you guys have any recommendations for where to buy bulk ingredients?

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I’ve done this before and cost wise it doesn’t really pay. Plus unless you have a good flavoring it tastes pretty bad.

Bulk supplements is the brand I used.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I’ve done this before and cost wise it doesn’t really pay. Plus unless you have a good flavoring it tastes pretty bad.

Bulk supplements is the brand I used.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Serious Nutrition Solutions (SNS).
This.

They have caffeine caps (or you could use Energized Aminos for a Caffeine + Teacrine stim base and flavor agent), Alpha-Y/Y-hcl, and/or Higenamine you could look to for stim needs, Choline, ALCAR, and/or Hup-A for nootropics, then Agmatine, Citrulline Malate, Taurine, Betaine, Glycerol, and/or Vaso-6 as performance ingredient options.

I wouldn't take all that obviously, but pick and choose based on needs.

I do think finding a decent base product then adding a couple of those things is my normal route, but you could pretty much custom create with that as needed.

Ptlhains

Ptlhains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I use 'Pure Bulk' supplements L-Citrulline DL Mallate (2:1) and their Agmatine.
Black Lion Research has 200g bags of Glycerpump for 19.99 + 30% right now with code MADMARCH (I use 2-3 grams).
And I buy Iforce Potassium Nitrate caps from best price nuitrition 21.99 for 120 caps (I use two caps sometimes three)
I mix these powders with whatever amino I am using or any flavored drink.

My testing demonstrates without a doubt that Pure Bulk brand Citrulline and Agmatine (and other products they have like caffeine, taurine, alcar, choline etc.. etc.. etc..) are just as good or better than SNS.
A kilo of Agmatine from Pure Bulk is 73$ or you can pay SNS 511$ lmao....and that's with the SNS product currently on sale.
A kilo of Citrulline from Pure Bulk is 48$ or you can pay SNS 112$.
I have bought lots of name brand over the years and tried all the bulk powder places.
I have saved tons of money over the years using quality bulk powders.
I would stay away from 'Bulk Supplements' brand - imo the quality is not on par with Pure Bulk.
If your in this for the long haul - its a no brainer - save your money.

Last edited:
djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Protein factory

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Protein factory

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Black lion research

Last edited:
LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I use SNS and what ever they don’t have primaforce .. have been my 2 go to for ages

Ptlhains

Ptlhains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Kilo of high quality agmatine at Pure Bulk costs 73$
Kilo of agmatine from SNS costs 444.44$ on sale and retails for 666.38$
(90 x 500mg caps = 45g for 20$ to 29.99$ per bottle)
1000g / 45g = 22.22 x 20$ = $444.44
22.22 x 29.99 =$666.38
Why would someone pay 444.44$ to 666.38$ for something they can get (same or better quality) for 73$??

1) Do the math with any 'name brand' caps or powders.
2) From those of us that have tested it, understand what bulk places make powders at the same or better quality than the name brand
3) Save your money

Last edited:
aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Kilo of high quality agmatine at Pure Bulk costs 73$
Kilo of agmatine from SNS costs 444.44$ on sale and retails for 666.38$
(90 x 500mg caps = 45g for 20$ to 29.99$ per bottle)
1000g / 45g = 22.22 x 20$ = $444.44
22.22 x 29.99 =$666.38
Why would someone pay 444.44$ to 666.38$ for something they can get (same or better quality) for 73$??

1) Do the math with any 'name brand' caps or powders.
2) From those of us that have tested it, understand what bulk places make powders at the same or better quality than the name brand
3) Save your money
Just as an FYI, you could get a kilo of Agmatine from SNS for $150. They make 100g containers. 10 of them for $150.

While that is still double Pure Bulk, it’s not as drastic. And if SNS sold Agmatine by the actual kilo, then I’m sure the difference would be further reduced

N2ofusion

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just as an FYI, you could get a kilo of Agmatine from SNS for $150. They make 100g containers. 10 of them for $150.

While that is still double Pure Bulk, it’s not as drastic. And if SNS sold Agmatine by the actual kilo, then I’m sure the difference would be further reduced
I have bad luck buying in such large quantities. Either things will go bad, get clumpy, I tire of the ingredient, or am using a product with that ingredient in it and then don’t need it bulk.

The amazon sized packages of agmatine and citrulline already last me a couple years. I get the math argument but also have thrown many things out.

Also, I agree to not totally make your own ore. Get a good base with a good flavor , add what you need. Liquid flavor drops will help too

Ptlhains

Ptlhains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I have bad luck buying in such large quantities. Either things will go bad, get clumpy, I tire of the ingredient, or am using a product with that ingredient in it and then don’t need it bulk.

The amazon sized packages of agmatine and citrulline already last me a couple years. I get the math argument but also have thrown many things out.

Also, I agree to not totally make your own ore. Get a good base with a good flavor , add what you need. Liquid flavor drops will help too
You can buy small bags too bro - in the same sizes as the name brands - but for much much much less.
For example, a can of 100g of SNS agmatine powder is 20.00$ where pure bulk has the same size for 10.50$.
I like 1/2 price, full on quality and convenient sizing myself...

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Honestly this happens to me too. If I buy too big of something I end up having something happen before I make it through.

I also trust the quality of SNS. Not to say those other big bulk brands don't have good quality and it is probably easier now since it has been out longer, but when Agmatine (for example) first came out there were people who said it didn't work for them and it seemed to be a trend that those who were buying from other brands weren't getting the same results.

I tend to throw my money towards companies who I trust and respect, even if it costs a little more, because I have seen way too many corners cut.

That said I don't fault anyone if they'd choose the cheapest option they can, we all have to do what we perceive is best for us and use of our finances.

Ptlhains

Ptlhains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Honestly this happens to me too. If I buy too big of something I end up having something happen before I make it through.

I also trust the quality of SNS. Not to say those other big bulk brands don't have good quality and it is probably easier now since it has been out longer, but when Agmatine (for example) first came out there were people who said it didn't work for them and it seemed to be a trend that those who were buying from other brands weren't getting the same results.

I tend to throw my money towards companies who I trust and respect, even if it costs a little more, because I have seen way too many corners cut.

That said I don't fault anyone if they'd choose the cheapest option they can, we all have to do what we perceive is best for us and use of our finances.
You must be a new guy... FYI - bulk suppliers sell in small quantities.
I have tested name brands against bulk and have found bulk companies that produce the same or better quality.
You have to be out of your mind to pay double the price or more for the same quantity of powder.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I am wanting to start making my own preworkout, do you guys have any recommendations for where to buy bulk ingredients?
A few good suggestions in here. We at SNS do sell bulk ingredients and offer some of them capped so that you dont have to stomach some pretty horrid bulk powders lol.

Things like Caffeine, Agmatine, Citrulline and Betaine are fairly mild tasting, but I'd still be adding flavoring of my own just to make it easier to drink.

Normally I'd suggest buying a basic pre then complementing it with bulks rather than trying to construct the whole thing from scratch, but it depends on what you want.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ptlhains is spot on here..find a quality bulk supplier and they will be cheaper and better quality

Sns has been very hit and miss over the last few years in terms of quality and effectiveness imo

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
SNS for sure! Beta Alanine, Agmatine, Caffeine, Alpha Yohimbe, Betaine, Taurine, Creatine, Citrulline Malate... the list goes on! Peak O2 coming soon

Geoffr

Geoffr

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
All great ideas!!! I just purchased 15 ingredients to make my own preworkout, spent about $300.

**** attached a photo of what I have put together so far. Bullet points are for sure going in it, below are still up in the air or would be swapped out with other ingredients*****

I am worried about flavor, that is the main part I’m concerned with.

Anyone with experience in flavoring!?!?

Attachments

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
All great ideas!!! I just purchased 15 ingredients to make my own preworkout, spent about $300.

**** attached a photo of what I have put together so far. Bullet points are for sure going in it, below are still up in the air or would be swapped out with other ingredients*****

With 30g of active ingredients, you’ll need a lot of flavoring help. And a lot of water to go with all that.

If you’re open to suggestions, I think you could cut down the dosages on some of those, while still ensuring your pre is very effective. That would make flavoring easier also.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Some pretty hefty doses there!

I'd up the Tyrosine to 2g and don't worry about adding N-acetyl-Tyrosine.

I'd lower the Hup-A dose to start. You can get by with as little as 100mcg and more isn't always better with Nootropics.

I am not sure for the Kanna or Eria.

I think if you considered this like a "2 scooper" that is a pretty good base you could always use half and work your way up or use this full dose you have laid out on tougher/longer days.

I'd say not to really worry about the optional list though for now as you already have a lot going on.

Flavoring wise ya it's gonna be tough. Probably going to need to just mix and chug real quick. The black pepper in particular makes most things (even good flavoring blends) taste blah so you could even forgo that, idk if it'll make a huge difference in this.

Also are these all bulk powders? If so really make sure you have a good scale because you don't want to mess around and dose wrong on some of these.

Ptlhains

Ptlhains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar

Start with any flavored drink - I use amino's.
I would personally start with less ingredients - for example, use most of the pump ingredients, but then get a fell for the different stims. You may find some of these allot more stronger than you expected due to better quality. And be careful with measurement. I personally don't use any stims, so a little more or less of a pump product does not make that much difference.
Mixing your own is more of a journey - to find what custom mix works for you. And this will change over time.

Last edited:
GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

damn nice pre .. yeah flavoring might be tough

amino's, gatorade, powerade

lionking999

lionking999

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I have looked into doing this myself in the past and i have seen people mix with gatorade powder and even cool aid powder. But personally I would try those Mio squirt things

Geoffr

Geoffr

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
With 30g of active ingredients, you’ll need a lot of flavoring help. And a lot of water to go with all that.

If you’re open to suggestions, I think you could cut down the dosages on some of those, while still ensuring your pre is very effective. That would make flavoring easier also.
Certainly open to suggestions, trying to get all them at the maximum clinical dosage without diminishing returns.

It’ll defiantly be a two scooper 20/40 servings type of PWO. I see a lot of them going to the 20/40 serving size now.

Geoffr

Geoffr

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Some pretty hefty doses there!

I'd up the Tyrosine to 2g and don't worry about adding N-acetyl-Tyrosine.

I'd lower the Hup-A dose to start. You can get by with as little as 100mcg and more isn't always better with Nootropics.

I am not sure for the Kanna or Eria.

I think if you considered this like a "2 scooper" that is a pretty good base you could always use half and work your way up or use this full dose you have laid out on tougher/longer days.

I'd say not to really worry about the optional list though for now as you already have a lot going on.

Flavoring wise ya it's gonna be tough. Probably going to need to just mix and chug real quick. The black pepper in particular makes most things (even good flavoring blends) taste blah so you could even forgo that, idk if it'll make a huge difference in this.

Also are these all bulk powders? If so really make sure you have a good scale because you don't want to mess around and dose wrong on some of these.
Right on brother, I will certainly have a lot of trial and error to do!

Yes all bulk, I’ll have a digital scale on hand and my I’ll defiantly have to be careful with all the stims haha. Caffeine comes in 200mg caps so it’ll be hard to **** that up. Yes, 2 scoop, 20/40 serving bottle. Yeah I think all I will add in from the optional list is the Malic acid.....then citric acid and maybe maltodextrin for flavoring

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Certainly open to suggestions, trying to get all them at the maximum clinical dosage without diminishing returns.

It’ll defiantly be a two scooper 20/40 servings type of PWO. I see a lot of them going to the 20/40 serving size now.
I think that you could cut Citrulline and the GlycerPump in half and get the same results. Could be a trial and error thing, but I don’t think I’d be able to tell the difference personally. Especially with the already 1.5g of Agmatine you’re using. Creatine could also be cut in half. By doing that, you’d reduce the actives by ~10g and make flavoring a bit easier.

Also highly suggest using just 100mcg of Huperzine A. One of those products you really don’t need much of. I’m not a big stim user (usually use 200-250mg caffeine only) so I’m not too qualified to comment there.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Right on brother, I will certainly have a lot of trial and error to do!

Yes all bulk, I’ll have a digital scale on hand and my I’ll defiantly have to be careful with all the stims haha. Caffeine comes in 200mg caps so it’ll be hard to **** that up. Yes, 2 scoop, 20/40 serving bottle. Yeah I think all I will add in from the optional list is the Malic acid.....then citric acid and maybe maltodextrin for flavoring
Is the eria and theanine caps as well?