Best present ever?

Big Matt

Big Matt

All The Whey Nutrition
Awards
  • Established
What was the best present that you ever got when you were a kid?

One year I got this bright red Schwinn bike, had a banana seat on it and a sissy bar and everything!.....I used to ride it with TWO friends on it all the time......this was back in the day before Bike helmets and safety! We tore that bike up! Sadly it was stolen about 1 month after X-mas. I loved that bike...sniffle, sniffle.......

brass monkey

brass monkey

Awards
  • Established
atari- we would play space invaders till our eyes would bleed

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
The gift of life, but i didnt realise it came with so many conditions and fine print.

Irish_Rogue

Awards
  • Established
Being adopted at the age of 12. I lived in a boarding / orphanage school in N. Ireland until that day. Life has been grand ever since.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Playstation 1 and 2 along with Genesis those were the ones that i remember the most.

btw i had a bike like that too but it was all chrome and was way cooler. It was a lowrider, cuz im gangsta like that!

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
Hey Matt,

I had that bike but it was green with the 5 speed stick shift. I attempted a jump once over 5 sets of old tires, piled 5 high to impress my babysitter. I pulled at the top of the ramp, cleared all 5 sets and landed back first on the ground. I couldn't breath for about a minute but it was so worth it. These bikes can be had on Ebay for some top coin. Replicas as well. Schwinn Crates,

The best present? Hmm. I remember the worst present. My Mom gave me a used half deflated basketball in an old paper bag. I was like, are you serious? I had that basketball forever.

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Genesis, that ****ty 16 bit system brought me more joy than my parents could have fathomed.

Xbox was pretty cool too, **** ps2.

Big Matt

Big Matt

All The Whey Nutrition
Awards
  • Established
atari- we would play space invaders till our eyes would bleed
Ahh yes.....the 2600! I'm showing my age here but....we (my brothers and I) were the first kids on the block to have it....that Sucker was like $299 then! Kids from all over the neighborhood came over to play and watch......I never had so many friends! I remember my brothers and I would take a 2 hour bus ride to get to the one video store (the days before blockbuster....ever b4 west coast video) in the county that actually RENTED 2600 games! Best game ever for the 2600? ADVENTURE! Damn I'm old!

Big Matt

Big Matt

All The Whey Nutrition
Awards
  • Established
Hey Matt,

I had that bike but it was green with the 5 speed stick shift. I attempted a jump once over 5 sets of old tires, piled 5 high to impress my babysitter. I pulled at the top of the ramp, cleared all 5 sets and landed back first on the ground. I couldn't breath for about a minute but it was so worth it. These bikes can be had on Ebay for some top coin. Replicas as well. Schwinn Crates,

The best present? Hmm. I remember the worst present. My Mom gave me a used half deflated basketball in an old paper bag. I was like, are you serious? I had that basketball forever.
I couldn't find an exact picture...just something similar.....my banana seat was red and had that sparkle effect in it.....the sissy bar came up a whole foot from the back of the seat so one guy could sit behind the rider leaning on it and another guy could hold onto the back of it with his feet on home-made posts on the back wheel.....

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Got Tecmo Bowl and Contra in one x-mas when I was 9. My friend gave me the 30 lives code for Contra the next day and my video game addiction grew that day :D

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
Ready... DOWN, Hut, Hut, Hut, Hut, Hut, Hut, Hut, Hut, Hut, Hut, Hut, Hut *Wait a sec, I'm not finished picking my defensive man* Hut, Hut, Hut, Hut, Hut, Hut, Hut, Hut, Hut, Hut, Hut, Hut... :)

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Ready... DOWN, Hut, Hut, Hut, Hut, Hut, Hut, Hut, Hut, Hut, Hut, Hut, Hut *Wait a sec, I'm not finished picking my defensive man* Hut, Hut, Hut, Hut, Hut, Hut, Hut, Hut, Hut, Hut, Hut, Hut... :)
That was great, there were only like 12 teams, 6 plays you could run, and the 49ers were the BEST ! :D If you guessed the right play you would get them on an all-out blitz and they had no chance :head: