best nootropics for memory and protection of the brain.

hamdysayed

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Long story short yall, my mother is going through aging process and it's heart breaking to see her forget so many things I know there is no cure for aging but any safe nootropics away from prescription drugs.
thanks for any help and if you guys know about a properly dosed supp have it all let me know plz.
I'm thinking of rhodiola rosea for a starter and alpha gpc!

bcruder

Awards
Most age-related losses derive from multiple mini-strokes over many years. My father experienced that and I aimed to avoid it

First make sure that blood pressure and cholesterol are under control. Recently targets for both have been reduced. ACEIs, ARBs and some CCBs show significant reduction in these events. So do statins for cholesterol. The lipid-soluble versions in each drug class seem more effective but also seem to have more side effects.

Men benefit from alpha blockers because some like doxazosin help BPH and ED while reducing blood pressure. The same is true for the inexpensive ARB losartan which also helps with ED. I tolerate the maximum recommended doses of 8mg and 100mg.

Women are quite sensitive to CCBs. The normal starting dose of amlodipine is 10mg for men but 5mg for women. I experienced ankle edema at 10mg and dropped to 5mg. The combination resulted in 110/70 and LDL of 30. Low doses of multiple drugs are preferred and your mother would find a different mix.

Go next for nutrients that have improved cognitive function (as much as 20 IQ points) in repeated trials, 5gr creatine and 2gr taurine.

Having tried those nootropics and many others, save them for last as benefits are not reliable and side effects more probable.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Go next for nutrients that have improved cognitive function (as much as 20 IQ points) in repeated trials, 5gr creatine and 2gr taurine.

Having tried those nootropics and many others, save them for last as benefits are not reliable and side effects more probable.
Not sure if kidding or..

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
endoamp max has been a staple for more that 2 years now.

highly recommend

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
are you talking about dementia and Alzheimer's?
I've never tried this but my theoretical treatment with what I know now is:

low carb diet
high epa fish oil
healing peptides (bpc 157 probably?)
noopept (I like the nasal spray)
eat more soft or raw egg yolks (golden yolks, not yellow)

bpc 157 should heal brain damage
noopept was developed for Alzheimer's
egg yolks have a good fat/vitamin profile
low carb because Alzheimer's is type 3 diabetes (could be linked to insulin resistance)

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Has anyone had any luck with egg yolk lecithin? It's supposed to be the most superior form of phosphatidylcholine.

cbr1000rr

cbr1000rr

Awards
  • Established
What doses for intranasal Noopept and Semax nasal drops are people doing?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Long story short yall, my mother is going through aging process and it's heart breaking to see her forget so many things I know there is no cure for aging but any safe nootropics away from prescription drugs.
thanks for any help and if you guys know about a properly dosed supp have it all let me know plz.
I'm thinking of rhodiola rosea for a starter and alpha gpc!
endoamp max has 600mg A-GPC + 1.1gr serinaid 70% complex-- standardized to 800mg phosphatidylserine.