Best Nootropic For Mood And Happiness

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
IF you can keep it in moderation. That’s a big if. Some people can’t. Just like any drug, some people can’t use it in moderation, and then it becomes a serious issue. Many people can use it in moderation, but some people can’t, and probably shouldn’t use it.
Right just like caffeine. SHOULD be used in moderation, but millions rely on it everyday. Same with cigarettes, alcohol, nsaids, the list goes on.

Most will never admit it, but most do have something(a vice, a crutch) that they use everyday. The construction worker who drinks a six pack every night, the coffee drinker, the energy drink drinker(lol), the cop on juice etc.

I think it's in human nature to want to indulge. May even be a fact! People run off dopamine like food, caffeine and any reinforcing behavior. I would say for every adult that can handle things in moderation and are responsible, there is one who cannot. I have indulged plenty, gone through withdrawals, sought help seen 100s of people just like me. Heard the stories.

A lot of people find out the hard way to keep things in moderation, I as well.

I know I may come off as arrogant or a know it all, and believe me I DO NOT know it all lol. I guess I'm like this from my life experiences.

When I'm replying I want to sound sincere but not like an ass

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Right just like caffeine. SHOULD be used in moderation, but millions rely on it everyday. Same with cigarettes, alcohol, nsaids, the list goes on.

Most will never admit it, but most do have something(a vice, a crutch) that they use everyday. The construction worker who drinks a six pack every night, the coffee drinker, the energy drink drinker(lol), the cop on juice etc.

I think it's in human nature to want to indulge. May even be a fact! People run off dopamine like food, caffeine and any reinforcing behavior. I would say for every adult that can handle things in moderation and are responsible, there is one who cannot. I have indulged plenty, gone through withdrawals, sought help seen 100s of people just like me. Heard the stories.

A lot of people find out the hard way to keep things in moderation, I as well.

I know I may come off as arrogant or a know it all, and believe me I DO NOT know it all lol. I guess I'm like this from my life experiences.

When I'm replying I want to sound sincere but not like an ass
Not like caffeine, not really. The negative consequences of kratom abuse are more serious than the negatives of just drinking a ton of coffee. That is why even if some people may be dependent on caffeine, researchers are hesitant to even mention addiction, as there is no real adverse effect of daily caffeine use, even at a fairly high dose. The same cannot be said of kratom.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Not like caffeine, not really. The negative consequences of kratom abuse are more serious than the negatives of just drinking a ton of coffee. That is why even if some people may be dependent on caffeine, researchers are hesitant to even mention addiction, as there is no real adverse effect of daily caffeine use, even at a fairly high dose. The same cannot be said of kratom.
I think the term dependent is better used to describe caffeine, rather than addicted. I believe addiction means it wreaks havoc on your everyday life and affects others around you. Hell, maybe even Kratom. I've never heard of anyone robbing or killing somebody to get more Kratom. Lol

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think the term dependent is better used to describe caffeine, rather than addicted. I believe addiction means it wreaks havoc on your everyday life and affects others around you. Hell, maybe even Kratom. I've never heard of anyone robbing or killing somebody to get more Kratom. Lol
Exactly. Even if you’re dependent on caffeine, just having some coffee or caffeine pills isn’t going to really have negative impacts on your life. Kratom I can see having some issues, as you can get sort of “high/intoxicated” if you abuse it, but of course it’s not as bad as some harsh street drugs haha.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm opposite, Kratom shoots my libido through the roof lol.

Idk, I guess it just works very well with me. No sides, no WDs, no crash.

But that's me
I got an initial rise in libido the first few times. With more consistent use I noticed a drop.
I seem to recall more of a crash from White Borneo than I did when I used Green Maeng Da. It could be more of a strain dependent thing with me. I actually just ordered more Green Maeng Da a few days ago...very excited to have it back in my arsenal!

treos11508

treos11508

Awards
Can one of you guys pm me some info on where to order?

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
I got an initial rise in libido the first few times. With more consistent use I noticed a drop.
I seem to recall more of a crash from White Borneo than I did when I used Green Maeng Da. It could be more of a strain dependent thing with me. I actually just ordered more Green Maeng Da a few days ago...very excited to have it back in my arsenal!
Can't go wrong with green maeng da. Truly the best strain in my eyes

K

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
As I have been using kratom for some time now and purchased many strains and color variations from multiple vendors, I am more inclined to believe the vendor makes a bigger difference than the strain name. Take green MD for example, I have purchased this from 6 different vendors and it is a little different from each. Some super speedy, others milder with more euphoria, and even one that made me downright lethargic. Now that I have my "go to" vendor(s), the consistency is there more so than expecting the strain to be consistent.

K

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Stumbled upon some mushrooms and microdosed .14g today for the first time. It was odd, felt like a very slight buzz, almost like a stimulant. But, I was also more relaxed, a noticeably better mood and laughing more often. I felt more focused and found myself noticing some things a little more than I would before. I felt like people were acting more weird than usual, but I tend to ignore others in public to avoid interaction with the weird people, so it could have just been me paying more attention. I had a noticeable drop in energy about 6 hours afterwards, though.

Same batch and the person I got them from takes about .5g and says they just feel super stoned and get some slight visuals and notice something different each time. These are home grown in a controlled environment. It is my first time with any psychedelic. I hate THC and I've done ecstasy one time. I got slight visuals with that, euphoria, and couldn't sleep for a day and a half lol
Nice, that is great to hear. I've taken more LSD and psilocybin in my life than most and it has always brought on extended awareness and a sense of mental clarity. Microdosing is a decent way to achieve this, but I would say through experience, a full trip is the way to go.

C

carguy123

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
As I have been using kratom for some time now and purchased many strains and color variations from multiple vendors, I am more inclined to believe the vendor makes a bigger difference than the strain name. Take green MD for example, I have purchased this from 6 different vendors and it is a little different from each. Some super speedy, others milder with more euphoria, and even one that made me downright lethargic. Now that I have my "go to" vendor(s), the consistency is there more so than expecting the strain to be consistent.
Mind dropping me a PM with your 'go to' vendors? I have noticed the exact same issue when ordering similar strains from different vendors. There also seems to be a decent amount of variance regarding potency between them too.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Nice, that is great to hear. I've taken more LSD and psilocybin in my life than most and it has always brought on extended awareness and a sense of mental clarity. Microdosing is a decent way to achieve this, but I would say through experience, a full trip is the way to go.
I might try to work my way up to a full trip. So far I'm dosing once on Sundays and once on Thursdays. I may use Sunday as the day to try larger doses, although I am weary of how long the trip can last if for some reason it goes south.

Do you think that LSD would provide more of a focus oriented micro dose than psilocybin? I felt more focused on Sunday but not sure if it is a focus that would benefit productivity based things like work, if that makes sense. My girlfriend could not focus at all, though. I will try it for work/class tomorrow and see how it really goes. I am more interested in microdosing with LSD, but I'm a baby when it comes to obtaining that. Lol

I almost always have some Ativan on hand for panic attacks.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I might try to work my way up to a full trip. So far I'm dosing once on Sundays and once on Thursdays. I may use Sunday as the day to try larger doses, although I am weary of how long the trip can last if for some reason it goes south.

Do you think that LSD would provide more of a focus oriented micro dose than psilocybin? I felt more focused on Sunday but not sure if it is a focus that would benefit productivity based things like work, if that makes sense. My girlfriend could not focus at all, though. I will try it for work/class tomorrow and see how it really goes. I am more interested in microdosing with LSD, but I'm a baby when it comes to obtaining that. Lol

I almost always have some Ativan on hand for panic attacks.
Do not risk lsd! It's hard to find legit sh!t and it's main fake, what is mostly sold as LSD (25i-NBOMe and other NBOMe derivatives) is very toxic. LSD is better suited for microdosing due to it's dopamine activity. But if you get it make sure you having a testing reagent kit.

There are some good grey area stuff that is very like LSD the is great. Eth-lad, ALD-52, and 1P-lsd. With the last one converting to LSD.

Now don't get me wrong even the grey area stuff still sometimes faked and still get you in just as much trouble under the analog clause. Although its harder for them to prove so feds almost never do anything about it.

If psychedelics scare you but you want to try it, I recommend DMT. It is the strongest and most intense BUT it only last 15 minutes top,(assuming you are vaporizing it and not make ayahuasca), also it's so intense that it takes over. Nothing to really be scared about after the initial take off.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Do not risk lsd! It's hard to find legit sh!t and it's main fake, what is mostly sold as LSD (25i-NBOMe and other NBOMe derivatives) is very toxic. LSD is better suited for microdosing due to it's dopamine activity. But if you get it make sure you having a testing reagent kit.

There are some good grey area stuff that is very like LSD the is great. Eth-lad, ALD-52, and 1P-lsd. With the last one converting to LSD.

Now don't get me wrong even the grey area stuff still sometimes faked and still get you in just as much trouble under the analog clause. Although its harder for them to prove so feds almost never do anything about it.

If psychedelics scare you but you want to try it, I recommend DMT. It is the strongest and most intense BUT it only last 15 minutes top,(assuming you are vaporizing it and not make ayahuasca), also it's so intense that it takes over. Nothing to really be scared about after the initial take off.
Yeah, my main concern was getting an unknown research chemical.

I had a buddy who did DMT a few times a while back and he enjoyed it. Didn't it used to be legal in a few States not too long ago?

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, my main concern was getting an unknown research chemical.

I had a buddy who did DMT a few times a while back and he enjoyed it. Didn't it used to be legal in a few States not too long ago?
Ya dmt was legal nationally until like 2014ish, I might be off by a few years. But it was recent.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Ya dmt was legal nationally until like 2014ish, I might be off by a few years. But it was recent.
That sounds about right.

I took about .14g before work and class today, probably a little less. My scale isn't as accurate to the hundredth so I stayed conservative first time before having to go straight into public and function before gauging the effects.

I didn't notice a huge difference today, like the buzz from the first time. About 45 minutes after the dose I was getting very short waves of panic/anxiety for about 10-15 minutes and then it subsided. Looking back, I was in a better mood and more talkative. I got tired again pretty early in the day, but I am very busy lately and getting less than adequate sleep. I don't know if I can blame the psilocybin just yet.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That sounds about right.

I took about .14g before work and class today, probably a little less. My scale isn't as accurate to the hundredth so I stayed conservative first time before having to go straight into public and function before gauging the effects.

I didn't notice a huge difference today, like the buzz from the first time. About 45 minutes after the dose I was getting very short waves of panic/anxiety for about 10-15 minutes and then it subsided. Looking back, I was in a better mood and more talkative. I got tired again pretty early in the day, but I am very busy lately and getting less than adequate sleep. I don't know if I can blame the psilocybin just yet.
Are talking about your microdose of shrooms? Or dmt? Because if that's dmt that is a sh!t ton!!! And doesn't sound like dmt.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Are talking about your microdose of shrooms? Or dmt? Because if that's dmt that is a sh!t ton!!! And doesn't sound like dmt.
Yes microdose of shrooms, sorry I didn't realize how unclear that post was!

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
You've gotta find that right source, like you mentioned. For a general rule I've noticed, taking a smaller amount is more uplifting whereas a larger amount is more sedating. You can get benefits from both but its up to you.

But yes the strains absolutely matter. If I take the same amount of bali and maeng da, at different times, bali is almost always more relaxing and maeng da always more energetic

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Has anyone tried pregnenolone to boost mood?

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I fuking love preg.
I know you were skeptical of the low dose of 25mg in the Neuro P5...but, you want to give a bottle a try?

K

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Has anyone tried pregnenolone to boost mood?
I take pregnenolone as part of my TRT protocol. It made a bigger impact to energy and memory than test alone. Been taking it for about 5 years with great success.

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
I take pregnenolone as part of my TRT protocol. It made a bigger impact to energy and memory than test alone. Been taking it for about 5 years with great success.
I’ve tried pregnenolone on multiple occasions and never noticed a thing from it. But could be due to still being in my 20s?

DWeaver

DWeaver

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Right now I’ve found a nice combo in adrafinil, Phenylpiracetam, Tianeptine Sodium and 200mg caffeine. Very smooth energy, mood and focus is on point.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Right now I’ve found a nice combo in adrafinil, Phenylpiracetam, Tianeptine Sodium and 200mg caffeine. Very smooth energy, mood and focus is on point.
Yeah that stuff will make you feel great, but do you feel like poop when that combo wears off?

DWeaver

DWeaver

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah that stuff will make you feel great, but do you feel like poop when that combo wears off?
So far it hasn’t. I take it first thing, 6am and I can usually tell by 2pm the stim is starting to wear off but it’s not like falling off a cliff or anything. When I leave work, 3:30 I take caffeine and Bronkaid as my preworkout stim and then a non stim pump product around 4:30, workout around 5. I also take the morning noots before I play golf to help control my emotions. Works really well. I find myself unhinged with everything that’s going on around me but very focused with what I’m actually doing.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Me too! Recently started supplementing w low dose preg and its made a huuuge difference added to my trt. I couldnt believe how much better I felt overall. And energy and sex drive all shot back up.

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
Me too! Recently started supplementing w low dose preg and its made a huuuge difference added to my trt. I couldnt believe how much better I felt overall. And energy and sex drive all shot back up.
What brand?

I am extremely curious to try

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What brand?

I think he's been using the Iconic Formulations topical Neuro P5. that stuff has been amazingly popular. Use coupon code DELSOL to save ;)

K

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What brand?

Brand doesn’t matter. I’ve tried 5-6 and they are all the same. Keep dose as low as you can to get the benefits because there is some conversion to e2 and there is no way to predict how much will.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Brand doesn’t matter. I’ve tried 5-6 and they are all the same. Keep dose as low as you can to get the benefits because there is some conversion to e2 and there is no way to predict how much will.
Really? I love high doses 200mg is my sweet spot. There are also studies at these dosages too.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
OK, OK, reel it in there silver tongue. We don’t all want to hear about your sexual escapades!

A video clip would be much more appropriate...

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
OK, OK, reel it in there silver tongue. We don’t all want to hear about your sexual escapades!

A video clip would be much more appropriate...
Fair play lol but that pregnenolone really works!!

I'll keep my escapades off of AM or at least try.... Maybe ive tipped my hand a bit too much lol

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What brand?

The nuero p5 is a topical and is working great... Its very reasonably priced too. The carrier is great. I felt it after the first dose, no lie. I have no affiliation with these guys other than what ive tried works and works well.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah I noticed that too... Although I think dhea is far worse at creating estro problems. But I use the minimum. I think 7-10mg/day. And it works great.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Fair play lol but that pregnenolone really works!!

I'll keep my escapades off of AM or at least try.... Maybe ive tipped my hand a bit too much lol
:) Well if you decide to keep them off of here...just be sure to provide us with a link so that we know where to find them.

I am quite sure I could benefit from this. The pregnenolone.

Especially given my stim past, present, and future..

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
:) Well if you decide to keep them off of here...just be sure to provide us with a link so that we know where to find them.

I am quite sure I could benefit from this. The pregnenolone.

Especially given my stim past, present, and future..
Lol you got it!

It did wonders for my stim tolerance. I wake up and drink a cup of coffee. Some days that's it. Some days I may drink a bang or take something in the afternoon But it's not very often and I can take it or leave it.

Preg did that I couldn't come off them before so I know it worked. I'm def more sensitive to the stims now too...

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Lol you got it!

It did wonders for my stim tolerance. I wake up and drink a cup of coffee. Some days that's it. Some days I may drink a bang or take something in the afternoon But it's not very often and I can take it or leave it.

Preg did that I couldn't come off them before so I know it worked. I'm def more sensitive to the stims now too...
I used Rest-AD back in the day, which had pregnenolne in it. Of course I still took stims with it, but it was definitely energizing in its own right and I can still remember how horny it made me.

So is the consensus that transdermal is better than oral?

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
That’s what I am concerned with so I will look for a low dose product.

Any other side effects? Mood changes? Hair loss?

K

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That’s what I am concerned with so I will look for a low dose product.

Any other side effects? Mood changes? Hair loss?
I only see benefits, but I keep my dose low to around 10mg and do not take every day. I can take 10mg and realize benefits for a couple of days. Mood change is for the better- it feels like a huge boost of dopamine. Very talkative, energetic, outgoing, and motivated. I am already an extrovert, so it is just adding to it. No hair loss and my wife is a hair stylist, so I would definitely hear about it.

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
I only see benefits, but I keep my dose low to around 10mg and do not take every day. I can take 10mg and realize benefits for a couple of days. Mood change is for the better- it feels like a huge boost of dopamine. Very talkative, energetic, outgoing, and motivated. I am already an extrovert, so it is just adding to it. No hair loss and my wife is a hair stylist, so I would definitely hear about it.
What do you use to get such a small dose?

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What do you use to get such a small dose?
I use the nuero p5 its 25mg/ml. So I use
.25 - .33 ml.
Ive only used the transdermal but ive heard oral works just as well.

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have just bought some Pregnenalone. Its 100mg tabs. Is this too much for a first dose? Seems like its the only dose amount i can pick up.

Is this ok to take if you are on SSRI's?