best fish oil

deicide

deicide

Awards
was wondering what is conisdered some of the top fish oil on the market. have been using the bodybuilding.com generic, but have seen the new jim stopponai OmeagJYM. now i know most of his products are overrated and usually a little over priced. but the omega doesnt seem over priced for gettting such a quality does of 750MG EPA and DHA. from what ive read no other fish oil on the market deliveries that amount in so little fat content. most would require 7+ grams of fat to hit these levels.

ryanp81

ryanp81

Awards
  • Established
All of Jim Stoppani's products are overpriced and overrated, I ordered some ( omegajym ) threw bb.com and it was rancid and had 20 caps melt on the swabbing, whole bottle smelled like rotten fish. My favorite one ever was Clomega from Millennium Sport but got discontinued, it was full spectrum EFA product that was just awesome...haven't found one as good as that one yet however I'm using the citadel nutrition fish oil and it's simple and effective with a dark capsules to prevent light oxidation and added vitamin e to help with oxidation as well.

Check out the citadel one when you're one out of omegajym...there a great company.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
If you are looking for just Omega 3, which I recommend, then OmegaJym is a good product that I actually didn't know about until I saw this post. Thank you for that. I usually use NOW Foods DHA-500 or Ultra Omega, which each have 750 mg/pill of EPA/DHA. The DHA-500 product has 500 mg of DHA and 250 EPA, while Ultra Omega has 500 mg of EPA and 250 DHA 500. I swap back and forth between the two.

Not trying to flame, but the Citadel product mentioned above is WAY more expensive than OmegaJym and it is a lesser quality product. I mean, if you take 6 pills of Citadel per day, it will last you 16.5 days, for about $15 and only give you 1,840 mg of EPA/DHA, while Omega Jym at 3 pills/day would give you 2,250 mg of EPA/DHA and would last for 40 days at $20. I know which one I'd use.

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
Oxiomega by controlled labs
Yep CL Oxiomega is solid.

For a cheaper option I just go with Natures Made from big box retailers. They are USP certified.

If you keep your eye open a lot of stores do buy one get one a few times a year.

FireRescue

Awards
  • Established
Personally I prefer a Triglyceride fish oil. With that said, Nordic Naturals, Citdel Nutrition, or Xtend Life (which is a blend of TG/EE) are my preferences.

51FTY

Awards
  • Established
I give my dogs fish oil and they will smell like fish after I give it to them.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
iForce Fish Oil/Controlled Labs Oximega. Both have been fine with me.

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
Foundational series fish oil is a very good value too

gagandugan

gagandugan

Awards
  • Established
...For a cheaper option I just go with Natures Made from big box retailers. They are USP certified.

If you keep your eye open a lot of stores do buy one get one a few times a year.
^

Yup. Same here.

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
I rec alge dha personally. from a known brand

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Barleans Ideal Omega has 1000mg per cap so higher than Jym's. Barleans, Nordic, Carlsons are all companies that do almost exclusively oils. It is their business. I would go with the experts versus something that a BB supplement company makes. Not that they are not quality but I doubt Jym manufactures his own.

That being said Jyms is not insanely priced on a certain site, 35 for 240sg. If you want to try it just try it.

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
Also, it's fish oil...don't overthink it too much. Select a reputable brand, correct dosages, done and done.

Matthew1237

Matthew1237

Awards
http: //orbitnutrition.com/cart/herbal-supplements/healthy-dietary-oils/orange-oximega-120-softgels.html

This is what I always use when buying online. That being said kboxer7 is right.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
I go Sam's Club Triple Strength (1400mg w/900mg DHA/EPA) x3/Day. It was either them or Costco that I saw a lab test on, and they were G2G (and I think they both use the same supplier).

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nutrigold triple strength omega is a great product at 750 mg EPA and 250 mg DHA per $0.20 softgel. It's also IFOS certified.

fastneutron

Awards
Checkout Nature's Bounty 1400 mg Fish Oil, available at Costco. When on sale ($16) its a great price... $0.12/soft gel. I take 3 a day helps a lot raising testo.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Checkout Nature's Bounty 1400 mg Fish Oil, available at Costco. When on sale ($16) its a great price... $0.12/soft gel. I take 3 a day helps a lot raising testo.
MOA on test boosting?

mrsims

mrsims

Awards
OP,
If you are looking for the top of the line fish oil, regardless of price check out products that are IFOS certified (International Fish oil Standards). Although some can be pricey, they are of the highest quality if that is your concern. However, if you are on a budget, leanitup.com put out a buyers guide comparing the best priced fish oils on the market that are IFOS 5 star rated. Life Extension's Super Omega and Carlson Labs Elite Omega are both fair priced and are IFOS certified.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Multiple mentions of Orange OxiMega fish oil. You can find some great deals for it online plus it has third party lab testing as well.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Multiple mentions of Orange OxiMega fish oil. You can find some great deals for it online plus it has third party lab testing as well.
Second CL OxiMega! No GI or fish burp issues and I'm sensitive to that!

TommyTuffGuy

TommyTuffGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I get all my staple supplements from Swanson Vitamins, which is third party tested and always comes out on the top of those Consumer Report's Fish Oil tests.

I would recommend them without hesitation.

51FTY

Awards
  • Established
How much fish oil are you guys taking everyday? Sometimes I feel, like I take too much of it.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
I stick to around 3 grams of combined DHA/EPA (2.7 to be exact, as my capsules are 900mg combined E/D). The concerns are immune-suppression and bleeding time - the older you are the more the concern.

51FTY

Awards
  • Established
I take 4 grams all at once on a empty stomach. I don't bleed that much when I get a cut, but I think I bruise easy, when I don't even feel any pain from how it happens.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I take 6 grams of NOW Ultra-Omega or DHA-500. This equates to 4.5 grams of EPA/DHA per day. I split it in 2 doses and take it with meals or shakes. I don't notice any negative effects from this and I've been doing it for probably near a year. If you are on medications for your blood, such as a blood thinner or even consistent aspirin use...you may want to monitor its use.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Yeah, all around those DHA/EPA dosages seem to be the recco's. Examine.com and Alan Aragon have all the studies on the dose dependent responses to immune-suppression and bleeding - have a look and make a decision.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I actually have started to prefer cod liver oil over straight fish oil.

51FTY

Awards
  • Established
^^why do you prefer cod liver oil or fish oil? I tried lowering my fish oil dose and I think I'm fine taking 4 grams of both. Honestly my back hurt more, when I reduced the fish oil.

HeizzMP

HeizzMP

Awards
Op, don't overthink it, it's just a fish oil.

Just look for a product with a high ratio (DHA/EPA) and lower cost/serv.