Best Fat Loss Book or Manual? I Will List Common Ones

U

ucimigrate

Awards
  • Established
Hello Everyone,

1. Is there a single "go to" book about fat loss that works, and advice is sound?

I think the top contenders are:

a. Jeremy Ethier "Built with Science"
b. Tom Venuto "Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle" "Holy Grail" and Inner Circle Forum
c. Lyle McDonald "Ultimate Diet 2.0" "Rapid Fat Loss Diet"

Any opinions?

2. Although personal anecdote has little place in a science of double blind case studies, I still think it is evocative. For many people in many things, the hardest part is getting over emotional baggage, usually unmet expectations, discouragement, etc. and try something new with an open mind.

About 20 years ago, I truly believed in "Body for Life". While I still think Bill Philips is good for inspirational talk and goal setting, the science definitely isn't there:
- "Eat as many vegetables as you want; nature will make more". In truth, too many vegetables cause a bloated feeling, insufficient calories, digestive issues, etc.
- "The free day is great for leptin" (Leptin takes far more than one day of overfeeding)
- Fasted cardio burns 300% more fat than fed cardio (That is just not true. Fasted cardio needs to be done in a caloric deficit, and even then is far less than 300% more fat).

B

Bronbron81

Awards
I know the internet almost seems split on Layne Norton (mainly due to personality), but his book "Fat Loss Forever" is easily the single best nutrition book I've read.

C

cherellemallar

Awards
Hello Everyone,

1. Is there a single "go to" book about fat loss that works, and advice is sound?

b. Tom Venuto "Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle" "Holy Grail" and Inner Circle Forum

Any opinions?

2. Although personal anecdote has little place in a science of double blind case studies, I still think it is evocative. For many people in many things, the hardest part is getting over emotional baggage, usually unmet expectations, discouragement, etc. and try something new with an open mind.

About 20 years ago, I truly believed in "Body for Life". While I still think Bill Philips is good for inspirational talk and goal setting, the science definitely isn't there:
- "Eat as many vegetables as you want; nature will make more". In truth, too many vegetables cause a bloated feeling, insufficient calories, digestive issues, etc.
- "The free day is great for leptin" (Leptin takes far more than one day of overfeeding)
- Fasted cardio burns 300% more fat than fed cardio (That is just not true. Fasted cardio needs to be done in a caloric deficit, and even then is far less than 300% more fat).
These are really cool books. I read Tom Venuto "Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle" "Holy Grail" and Inner Circle Forum. I remember then I found where to buy an argumentative essay, used https://edubirdie.com/buy-argumentative-essay for this. And immediately took up weight loss. Because college education and proper nutrition with the gym I could not combine.
I read option b, I liked it!

Last edited:
djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Anabolic diet

R

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I know the internet almost seems split on Layne Norton (mainly due to personality), but his book "Fat Loss Forever" is easily the single best nutrition book I've read.
I haven't read this one, but from I've seen it looks solid.

The Muscle and Strength Pyramid: Nutrition and The Renaissance Diet 2.0 are two of my favorites. I think books more based on just understanding nutrition in general are better than things focused solely on fat loss as a full understanding of the entire process can help guide you to what is best for yourself.

DieselNY

DieselNY

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The best of the best: Protein sparing modified fast - Lyle McDonald's rapid fat loss handbook. There is also an awesome Facebook group for it:

J

johnny412

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Hello Everyone,

Any opinions?

"Fasted cardio needs to be done in a caloric deficit"
wtf are you even trying to say? read that again......and try again