BennyMagoo cuts the fat

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Ok, it's time to do something about this Christmas holiday blubber. Currently, I am 110kg, I would like to get this number down to sub 100kg. I am going to start logging my food and daily activity in this thread, with regular weigh-ins and some before and after pics.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Ok this is what we are working with here:

inCollage_20190204_073301929[8169].jpg

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
In brother

GrizzleB

GrizzleB

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I'll get in on this, good luck!

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Thanks for the subs fellas! It means a lot to me to have you guys following along, it's literally keeping me out of the fridge tonight!

Ok, Day 1.

177p, 252c, 109f for 2751cals.

I also managed to get a great workout in this morning, back & bis:

Wide grip pullups 3x5, 1x6
Parallel grip pullups with legs raised (get the best lat pump by doing this) 3x8
Seated cable rows with '60' for 3x8
Isolate pulldown with 65kg on each side for 3x8
Preacher dropsets with 40kg, 30kg, and 20kg for 6;6:8 x 3 sets (working my way back from a little injury in my left bicep)
Seated db curls 15kg for 3x8

I feel hungry and alert right now, thinking about buying some sleepy stuff to get me through this stage.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice. In on this.

GrizzleB

GrizzleB

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Thanks for the subs fellas! It means a lot to me to have you guys following along, it's literally keeping me out of the fridge tonight!

Ok, Day 1.

177p, 252c, 109f for 2751cals.

I also managed to get a great workout in this morning, back & bis:

Wide grip pullups 3x5, 1x6
Parallel grip pullups with legs raised (get the best lat pump by doing this) 3x8
Seated cable rows with '60' for 3x8
Isolate pulldown with 65kg on each side for 3x8
Preacher dropsets with 40kg, 30kg, and 20kg for 6;6:8 x 3 sets (working my way back from a little injury in my left bicep)
Seated db curls 15kg for 3x8

I feel hungry and alert right now, thinking about buying some sleepy stuff to get me through this stage.
Ephedrine and caffeine works wonders on a cut. Through some forskolin 95% extract on top for a couple months, always does me right. Also TTA-500 isn't ever mentioned enough but that stuffs great. Yohimbine if u can handle it. Keep that diet in check though of course. Find a bunch of low calorie snacks to incorporate between meals, and cut carbs down on your main meals. I'm really interested to see your progress!

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Any supps Benny or just good ole training and nutrition?

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Any supps Benny or just good ole training and nutrition?
Just good ole training and nutrition for now, with a little bit of pre-workout, 20g creatine mono, and 15g of L-Carnitine, and just a tiny bit of IF neurostack every few days.

I can actually get duromine from my doctor (he loves the stuff), but I am really trying to get a feel for self moderation again, so going to start with a 4 week goal of keeping my average cal intake below 2800 while maintaining my strength with no chemical assistance. Pretty sure I can drop 5kg this way, then maybe later I will introduce some S4 and hit the duromine for some later stage results.

To be completely honest, life has been really crazy since the end of last year, and I have been feeling really up and down, so I don't trust myself with proper "supps" just yet - I really need to get a grip! Plus, I am really enjoying having big juicy balls!

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Day 2 Summary

198p 278c 159f for 3377cal

My willpower broke yesterday, and I ate 8 eggs for dinner which blew my calories out bigtime.

At the gym:
150kg back squat 3x5, 130kg for 1x11
60kg split squat with back leg on bench 3x7 each side.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Lmfao! I’m in the same ball boat bud. It’s almost unnatural

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Day 3 roundup:
120p 280c 71f for 2219cal

Pretty much didn't eat all day. Phone was ringing every hr with emergency jobs so pretty much drove around fixing **** for 13hrs then ate a huge bowl of rice and butter chicken when I got home.

Gym yesterday:
Bench press 125kg 3x5, 100kgx14
Plate unilateral rows 80kg each side for 3x8
OHP 65kg 6,5,5
Wide grip pullups 3x5
Did a heap of shoulder stability work using trx straps as demonstrated by smashwerx on instagram.

Not even hungry today.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Good luck with your cut bro. I’m just curious, do you have a plan for your macros cause I see your stats changing every day so far? Your protein intake seems very low too... I would fix your macros if I was you

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Good luck with your cut bro. I’m just curious, do you have a plan for your macros cause I see your stats changing every day so far? Your protein intake seems very low too... I would fix your macros if I was you
Ideally I would eat more protein, but last 2 days I have pretty much fasted until the evening thanks to work. Typically, my prep lunch is 300g of beef with a salad or vegies, so skipping this is distorting my macros for the last 2 days. However, I'm not too fussed because I am making a heap of coin and getting used to the deficit life.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Day 4 Roundup:
Another crazy day at work, making hay while the sun shines.

Macros: 131p 298c 107f for 2723cal

Gym:
Light squats: 60kg for 12 sets of 8 using a "sumo" stance and no shoes on.
Wide grip pullups 5x6
Hyper extensions 5x25
TRX straps: archer pulls (this movement has a unique DOMS profile)
TRX strapa: windmills

Nutrition goal for the next few days: less sugar, more meat. I feel like I in withdrawal from a sugar addiction right now, and slowly, I am getting on top of it. I have attributed much of my overeating to anxiety but, as I abstain from food and feel great throughout the day, I am starting to wonder if I have the cause effect model around the wrong way.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Day 5 summary:

188p 174c 70f for 2113cal

No gym.

Hungry.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In! Wanna know whats under the fat. :)

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Day 6
211p 144c 125f for 2573cal
No gym again, too busy with work. Busting to get in and do some deads but today is Sunday family day so it will have to wait til tomorrow. Also, going to refer today, stock up for the week.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Day 7:

Refeed today, did not track cals. Also, didn't go to the gym again, pretty much laid on the couch all day experiencing different levels of conciousness.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 7:

Refeed today, did not track cals. Also, didn't go to the gym again, pretty much laid on the couch all day experiencing different levels of conciousness.
At least you are honest and not hiding your addiction to hallucinogenic drugs. ;)

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Fark its Wednesday and I haven't logged this week, so here is an update:
Mon Tues calls both around 2500.

Gym:
Monday deads, sucked, but got through 4x6 with 180kg.
Tues: chesty bro with gym buddy: first set for everything was strong af but recovery was terrible I guess as I basically ran out of glycogen quickly.

Weight:
109kg. Lost about 1kg.

This sucks!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Fark its Wednesday and I haven't logged this week, so here is an update:
Mon Tues calls both around 2500.

Gym:
Monday deads, sucked, but got through 4x6 with 180kg.
Tues: chesty bro with gym buddy: first set for everything was strong af but recovery was terrible I guess as I basically ran out of glycogen quickly.

Weight:
109kg. Lost about 1kg.

This sucks!
Nah. 1kg is okay. Goal is to loose 500gr per week, that is considered healthy. Just keep grinding!

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Wednesday 13th Summary:
177p 276c 163f for 3259cal which is bang on my estimated maintenance. My self control broke, I think because I ate almost zero carbs until 2pm, then once I started I couldn't stop. Lesson learned: eat some am carbs.

Pretty good gym session in the morning: back & bis hitting:
Isolat pulldown 130kg for 3x8
Chin ups, 3x12 (really feeling the bodyweight reduction here)
Preacher curl dropsets 40kg:25kg:20kg for 8:10:10 reps by 2 sets then 6:8:8 for 2 sets
Seated db curl 15kg 3x8
BW pull up : 10kg goblet squat supersets, 5:15 for 3sets

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Thursday 14th Feb Roundup:
181p 147c 135f for 2522cal

Hurt my hip again yesterday, fitting off a bathtub. Had to keep lifting and swinging it around and felt the psoas go pretty early on. So this morning it took me a good while to get out of bed and I have a ton of hear radiating from my pelvis. Makes my balls feel cold.

No gym yesterday.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thursday 14th Feb Roundup:
181p 147c 135f for 2522cal

Hurt my hip again yesterday, fitting off a bathtub. Had to keep lifting and swinging it around and felt the psoas go pretty early on. So this morning it took me a good while to get out of bed and I have a ton of hear radiating from my pelvis. Makes my balls feel cold.

No gym yesterday.
Sh1t bro. Maybe, doing more bodybuilding isolation exercises for awhile will do you good. Think about it. I'm done with heavy presses, squats or deadlifts and can't complain about making visible progress physique wise. We are not 20 anymore.

Edit: And try to avoid bathtubs... ;)

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Sh1t bro. Maybe, doing more bodybuilding isolation exercises for awhile will do you good. Think about it. I'm done with heavy presses, squats or deadlifts and can't complain about making visible progress physique wise. We are not 20 anymore.

Edit: And try to avoid bathtubs... ;)
Bathtubs are an occupational hazard right now, but I am working on building up the business so I can employ an apprentice.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Ok Fri, sat sun roundup:

Macros have been on point (2500cal with around 180g protein) today and Friday, however yesterday I let it go with 100g of peppermint chocolate, which got me up to maintenance with way too much sugar.

Gym:
Friday I stretched and squatted lightly (80kg paused squats), and felt significantly better afterward. I have been stretching my quads a lot over the last 3 days and it's really easing passive tension in the groin and hips.
Yesterday I did some heavy bench. Felt really short on energy but managed to grind my way through 3x5 with 125kg by digging deep and finding my beastmode switch. It was actually the best session I have had in a long time as I really really suffered through every set but managed to finish each with nice clean reps, no breaking the bench, and perfectly braced.

Looking forward to weighing myself tomorrow - I actually feel lighter and can see I have lost fat around my chest and hips.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Damn, thought I would be in the 107s by now! This is going to be a long hard cut.
inCollage_20190218_073712731.jpeg

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You have massive arms! That little belly will melt off in a couple of days, just be patient.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Weekly roundup:

Pretty much at the point now where it's easy to not eat enough food. All week, except Friday, my intake was around the 2500cal mark, with 180-200g protein and less than 150g carbs each day. I began consuming 450g of scotch fillet each day which is expensive, but made so much easier to get macros balanced. Also I started gulping down a mouthful of ACV and 3.5g ashgwanda ksm66 am and pm and I'm pretty sure this has really helped with craving for carbs ( maybe ) and managing stress. Friday I had a decent refeed, stuffing in 350g carbs for a 3500cal day, which primed me for an awesome gym sesh on Saturday (benched 140kg for 4 reps).

Gym:

I have been doing mostly short intense sessions with a strength component followed by some superset/circuits with accessory exercises, and tons of flexibility and mobility work in between. I have discovered my psoas can be managed with a narrow squat stance and constant quad stretching. On Friday morning I worked up to 160kgx3 high bar squat with awesome core control and depth using the narrower stance. Honestly felt like I could have tripled 200kg, but going to progress very slowly from this weight. Also, no deadlift this week, going to start a new program for deads next week that focuses on form and control rather than pushing weight and volume progressions. Looking forward to weigh in tomorrow.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Good stuff mate, slow and steady definitely wins the race on a natty cut......

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Weigh in yesterday, 107.5kg. The loss is linear.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Weigh in yesterday, 107.5kg. The loss is linear.
At least you are consistent and predictable :)

If anyone asks me in the near future: " How much does Benny weights? ".
I'll reply: " 107 kg , everyone knows that." :)

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
At least you are consistent and predictable :)

If anyone asks me in the near future: " How much does Benny weights? ".
I'll reply: " 107 kg , everyone knows that." :)
I keep expecting to see more weight loss after spending 7 days brain dead and hungry.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I keep expecting to see more weight loss after spending 7 days brain dead and hungry.
Loosing fat for us older dudes is a pain in the azz. I totally get your frustration.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
106.5kg this morning.

I have noticed some significant fat loss around thighs, shoulders and chest. Strength is holding steady, hitting the same numbers each week with roughly the same perceived effort.

Heeres Johnny

Heeres Johnny

Awards
Great progress! I'm in for your journey and I'm impressed that you go workout and haven't given up despite the injury.

How's the hip? Sounds like you're going through the dynamic duo of crappiness - hurt and hungry lol.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Great progress! I'm in for your journey and I'm impressed that you go workout and haven't given up despite the injury.

How's the hip? Sounds like you're going through the dynamic duo of crappiness - hurt and hungry lol.
Thanks mate!
Terrible week for my hip. I completely jacked it up again on Thursday trying to finish a job I really needed 2 men for. It's now Sunday and I can stand up for about 5 min before spasms begin. I literally ate nothing but drugs for 48hrs as I couldn't bear to be vertical. I have never experienced so much pain as I did getting up to urinate on Thursday night. Pain so intense it had me sweating cold, shaking and making completely involuntary whimpering noises that really freaked out my wife.

Today I am trying to get some movement back with the hope I can return to work tomorrow. Can't even imagine squatting and deadlifting right now.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You will overcome this. Even monsters need rest.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Weigh in: 103.5kg
I have no problem eating small portions as I simply cannot sit up for long enough.

Getting ultrasound and xray today. Also going to beg gp for more pain meds. I am in a baaaad place.
I have hired a sub contractor to finish off my work for the week.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I have no problem eating small portions as I simply cannot sit up for long enough.

Getting ultrasound and xray today. Also going to beg gp for more pain meds. I am in a baaaad place.
Sorry to hear, hope everything comes out clean on the ultrasound and xray, and you heal up quickly.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

A good chiro may help. Crossing my fingers for you.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
BennyMagoo79 Workout Logs 225
Anabolics 8
Supplements 18
BennyMagoo79 Supplement Logs 134
BennyMagoo79 Training Forum 574