Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I’d say 4k sounds pretty ideal. I held myself to 4k minimum when I took my weight from 238 to 255 over 12 weeks. Benched 352lbs that comp and had added ~32lbs to my starting everyday bench during that training cycle.

You better get this record...so I can say I'm onlline friends with a record holder in bench press.

Also, sorry to hijack with my dmz questions.
He isn’t doing this in a sanctioned competition yet. Also the state record he mentioned is for a particular powerlifting federation, so someone could have set one higher in a different fed in the same weightclass.

The only records that really matter are All-Time, All-Fed records for a weight and gender. I broke a USPA Junior Squat record in IL once. Would have been cool, til I realized my buddy had set the same record for MO 12 weeks prior at over 100lbs higher Most records are shams.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I’d say 4k sounds pretty ideal. I held myself to 4k minimum when I took my weight from 238 to 255 over 12 weeks. Benched 352lbs that comp and had added ~32lbs to my starting everyday bench during that training cycle.

He isn’t doing this in a sanctioned competition yet. Also the state record he mentioned is for a particular powerlifting federation, so someone could have set one higher in a different fed in the same weightclass.

The only records that really matter are All-Time, All-Fed records for a weight and gender. I broke a USPA Junior Squat record in IL once. Would have been cool, til I realized my buddy had set the same record for MO 12 weeks prior at over 100lbs higher Most records are shams.
Yeah it's a Connecticut Raw state record and it's really not that impressive it's 398 I believe, I mean I'd be very impressed with it but overall it's not very impressive

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
In case there's any confusion here, my short-term goal is 350 lb just to win a bet, my long-term goal is to break the local record at 198lbs

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Unless you’re Thor, then you dont have to be in a sanctioned competition to break ATWRs.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
In case there's any confusion here, my short-term goal is 350 lb just to win a bet, my long-term goal is to break the local record at 198lbs
Oh yeah, I forgot about the bet

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah it's a Connecticut Raw state record and it's really not that impressive it's 398 I believe, I mean I'd be very impressed with it but overall it's not very impressive
It’s a terrific goal to work towards, and if you take it you should be proud - I will be proud of you! A 400 bench weighing in at 198 is a strong dude. But for some perspective:

67 guys have benched 500+ at 198 in sanctioned comps according to openpowerlifting.com . 2,115 have done at least 400.0. The #1 ATWR has done 608lbs

And that’s official comps. How many bodybuilders in gyms around the world have put up 4 wheels undocumented on their own turf and conditions?

To me, that’s encouraging. It’s says, if thousands came before me and did it, why not me?? It just takes a little elbow grease!

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
It’s a terrific goal to work towards, and if you take it you should be proud - I will be proud of you! A 400 bench weighing in at 198 is a strong dude. But for some perspective:

67 guys have benched 500+ at 198 in sanctioned comps according to openpowerlifting.com . 2,115 have done at least 400.0. The #1 ATWR has done 608lbs

And that’s official comps. How many bodybuilders in gyms around the world have put up 4 wheels undocumented on their own turf and conditions?

To me, that’s encouraging. It’s says, if thousands came before me and did it, why not me?? It just takes a little elbow grease!
Exactly, not that long ago I use to think how great it would be to put 3 plates on the bar and do a rep. Now I can do it fairly easy for a 3-4. So what else is there to think other then how great it would be to put 4 plates on the bar and do a rep. I've never trained on a real powerlifting program or had anyone pick apart my technique on my lifts. And I managed to get pretty strong just by working out. I think finding a real powerlifting gym at some point with a real program and some real lifters advice I could put up some big numbers. Am I going to set world records? Probably not. But I can try to be the strongest person lb for lb in my circle of friends, there are state records that are achievable, and that's a reasonable goal to shoot for. Being the biggest strongest version of me that I can be

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Since I have your attention as well as Hydes, I have a question..

Does Cardarine give any strength increases, or just the endurance stuff?

I started it at the same time as dmz, and I have never ran either. I just want to know what to contribute the strength gains to when they come. All dmz or a little of both?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I’m of a similar mindset. All I have is my genetics and I can never change that, but I can focus on becoming the best I can be.

@manifesto not directly, no, but if you can accomplish more training over time because of it then you could indirectly become stronger. It definitely helps me from bailing on accessories as easily by being less exhausted.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Since I have your attention as well as Hydes, I have a question..

Does Cardarine give any strength increases, or just the endurance stuff?

I started it at the same time as dmz, and I have never ran either. I just want to know what to contribute the strength gains to when they come. All dmz or a little of both?
Nope, I don't get a huge endurance benifit either. I like the stuff for it's other benifits, cholesterol and lowering blood sugar ect.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Nope, I don't get a huge endurance benifit either. I like the stuff for it's other benifits, cholesterol and lowering blood sugar ect.
Awesome. Thank you.

Same to @Hyde

You guys are getting me interested in powerlifting hah

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Made my own trail mix with peanut, cashew, wallnuts, caramel and chocolate chip, dried golden raisins and dates. Had a half cup and washed it down with 12oz milk. After my chicken and pasta meal.

Sitting at just over 2500 calories and 150gm protein so far. Off to do some pull-ups deadlifts and curls

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Well, change in plans. Walked down into the basement and my nephew was down there working out and had stuff all over the place so instead of kicking him out I did 6 sets of deadlifts and went back upstairs. I'm heading to McDonald's to be a fatass then home to start preparing tomorrow's food. Making a ham and a turkey, Delmonico potatoes, stuffing, some veggies and desserts

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Well, change in plans. Walked down into the basement and my nephew was down there working out and had stuff all over the place so instead of kicking him out I did 6 sets of deadlifts and went back upstairs. I'm heading to McDonald's to be a fatass then home to start preparing tomorrow's food. Making a ham and a turkey, Delmonico potatoes, stuffing, some veggies and desserts
What did you get from McDonalds? I'm going to live vicariously though you...

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Awesome log dude. I think you will get that 350 press.

I think you should keep it open until you press 4 plates, I'd love to be in on that journey!

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar

I think you should keep it open until you press 4 plates, I'd love to be in on that journey!
I know bro...my chest is weak AF...I'm just trying to get ti average strength levels

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!

I can do that. It's not going to be a continuous thing tho. Once I get 350 I gotta do some dieting for summer. Il still try to maintain what strength I've gained and then pick back up on the food In August.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
What did you get from McDonalds? I'm going to live vicariously though you...
I got a big Mac and 20pc nuggets but the kids ate most my nuggets. So I made a turkey sandwich. I'm really full, I'm just over 3300 calories of solid food and milk. Never made that shake. I gotta do at least 1000 calories from shakes tomorrow cus I don't think I've got it in me to eat 4k in solid food every day unless I start eating doughnuts and cookies

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I forget to say, nipples feel a little puffy and sensitive today. I took 20mg nolvadex and will take another 20 Monday Wednesday Friday if needed. Usually that will knock it right out and il go back to normal for a while or may have to implement a small ai dose. I do need to add that it could be nothing tho. I was in and and out the house and it's cold and windy and I kept touching them once I thought they felt sensitive. So I may just have played with them too much lol

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
There should be some serious nutrient partitioning going on with the supps your taking I would think...

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
There should be some serious nutrient partitioning going on with the supps your taking I would think...
I would too, but, I'm not doing cardio, I'm not doing much in the form of hypertrophy training either. I know I'm going to still get bigger but there's definitely not going to be the type of muscle growth I would be getting following a bodybuilding style of training. But then again, sd does some crazy stuff around 3weeks in. Nothing has the ability to transform the way you look faster then sd, not even tren

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
I would too, but, I'm not doing cardio, I'm not doing much in the form of hypertrophy training either. I know I'm going to still get bigger but there's definitely not going to be the type of muscle growth I would be getting following a bodybuilding style of training. But then again, sd does some crazy stuff around 3weeks in. Nothing has the ability to transform the way you look faster then sd, not even tren
U taking 20mg?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Last meal, pasta, ham and beans. It's pretty much like pasta fagol. Got me to 3700ish calories and I got some Oreos for a late night snack.

Definitely need some better planning on food as I just winged it and wrote it down today. Tomorrow I'm not tracking cus il be cooking and eating all day.

I woke up weighing 209.8 I believe and right now im

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
How tall are you again?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
1 cup oats blended dry into a powder.
1 scoop whey
2 cups 1% milk
4 tbsp peanut butter

Pro70, carb103, fat44.5

Calories 1090

I'm not tracking everything today, just writing down that shake so I don't have to look up the macros again.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
1 cup oats blended dry into a powder.
1 scoop whey
2 cups 1% milk
4 tbsp peanut butter

Pro70, carb103, fat44.5

Calories 1090

I'm not tracking everything today, just writing down that shake so I don't have to look up the macros again.
That looks delicious.

Have you ever tried an app like myfitnesspal to track your cals and macros? Most food are pre loaded in there so it makes it super easy.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
That looks delicious.

Have you ever tried an app like myfitnesspal to track your cals and macros? Most food are pre loaded in there so it makes it super easy.
Ya know, I've tried several apps, and I rarely like them. Lots of them only offer tracking for 3 meals a day, or there difficult to navigate. Some that seem simple I used but I'd look up a food and then check the label on the item and they wouldn't match up. I don't usually count macros. I just make sure I get my protien and a minimum of 4 meals a day. Add a meal when I want to gain, eat smaller meals when I want to loose. Track macros for meals I'm going to eat often so I have a ballpark idea

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Because I only did deadlifts today I might do some pull-ups and biceps if I get bored, rest tomorrow and my heavy bench day Tuesday

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Lat and bicep training is more useful than deadlifts atm. Do them!

Especially if you aren’t using fast food daily, 4k calories really is quite a bit of food. It will take planning and dedication to eat on a timer to get it in.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!

Especially if you aren’t using fast food daily, 4k calories really is quite a bit of food. It will take planning and dedication to eat on a timer to get it in.
Ya yesterday was rough, after 3000 of real food I couldn't look forward to anything else I ate. What I'm going to try is eating as much good food as I can handle (around 3000cal) and use the fast food and deserts to push to 4000. That shake I made for breakfast was the easiest 1000 Cal I ever had. Took 1 min to drink

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!

My plan is 50 pull ups, face pulls, hammer curls, reverse bar curls and concentration curls.

I've been neglecting rear delts and I picked hammer and reverse curls because I can train those exercises heavy. Any thoughts or suggestions

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
My plan is 50 pull ups, face pulls, hammer curls, reverse bar curls and concentration curls.

I've been neglecting rear delts and I picked hammer and reverse curls because I can train those exercises heavy. Any thoughts or suggestions
I'm struggling with rear delts as well with the equipment I have...I use to just crush then with reverse pack deck...

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I'm struggling with rear delts as well with the equipment I have...I use to just crush then with reverse pack deck...
Pull ups will hit them, if you have a barbell, think upright row with the bar behind your back, bent over rows pulling to your chest or higher, face pulls with bands. Those all should have rear delt activation

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Pull ups will hit them, if you have a barbell, think upright row with the bar behind your back, bent over rows pulling to your chest or higher, face pulls with bands. Those all should have rear delt activation
I really like that behind the back upright row idea. I'll try that next shoulder day. I just built this a couple days ago. Nice and simple, but effective
20200410_100454.jpeg

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I really like that behind the back upright row idea. I'll try that next shoulder day. I just built this a couple days ago. Nice and simple, but effectiveView attachment 193029
you built that?! Build me one and send it to me pls!!!

btw band pull apart have done wonders for my rear delts.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Haha nah bro. Its Marcy brand...I built it after opening the box lol

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
The back upright row is a little tough till you figure out how to keep your ass out of the way. I really like doing those in a smith machine so I can lean forward and keep the bar farther away

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Hope everyone is having a great Easter, just logging some food,

Pasta/chicken meal

Coffee, Boston cream doughnut and a bite size Snickers.

1lb of ham and turkey, 2 baked potatoes gravy and butter.

(Trying not to puke)

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Morning weight was 210.1
After dinner 216.0

Last edited:
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Band Pullaparts and Facepulls for volume pre or post pressing (or super-setted in with other accessory), and DB Flyes heavier once a week is what I do. Sets of 25-30 for 2-5 sets for the band work twice a week.

Frequency, volume, heavy. I use every angle because they are extremely important for shoulder health during all pressing as well as creating a bigger base to press from on bench.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Band Pullaparts and Facepulls for volume pre or post pressing (or super-setted in with other accessory), and DB Flyes heavier once a week is what I do. Sets of 25-30 for 2-5 sets for the band work twice a week.

Frequency, volume, heavy. I use every angle because they are extremely important for shoulder health during all pressing as well as creating a bigger base to press from on bench.
I just recently read about the importance of rear delts for pressing, I use to hit them every time I trained back or shoulders, but since the gyms closed I have only been doing light warm up stuff for them.

Never got a chance to workout today, back and biceps will go to tomorrow morning, and continue on with my planned workout