BCAAs Worth The $$$?

RJW719

RJW719

Awards
  • Established
Are BCAAs really worth the money?

I have been cutting for the last 5 weeks and have been using BCAAs the entire time. I have lost 15lbs over those weeks and have been able to keep my strength close to where it was before the cut. I am starting to notice a decrease in my endurance though. So, although things have been going well on my cut so far, how much of that is related to BCAAs?

I am getting low on BCAAs and am wondering if it is worth it to buy more, or if I should use that money for other supps? I was thinking Erase and AlphaT2.

I will probably be cutting for another 5 weeks or so depending on how things go. Do you think I would be better off with more BCAAs or the stack listed above?

-Thanks

Powercage

Powercage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Not necessary on a bulk, but can be very helpful on a cut or training fasted.

On a bulk, straight leucine would be more cost effective.

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
How much BCAAs are you using and when?

I personally love BCAAs on a reduced calorie diet. I find it helps me retain strength and LBM while losing body fat.

I use them (10-20g usually an 8-1-1 ratio @10g or 4-1-1 @ 20g) either two hours post meal and/or halfway thru workout till I'm finished with cardio. Some people use them differently but that's how I typically use them...

If endurance is something you are looking to improve try one of MST's Cordycep products and thank me later.

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
Do you think I would be better off with more BCAAs or the stack listed above?
-Thanks
Erase and AT2 are good supps but not the same thing as BCAAs.

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I would say BCAA's are worth the money and very helpful on a strict cut.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Whats worth the money depends on what you are spending on it, how you are using it, and how much spare money you have. I'd say on a fat loss diet, BCAAs rank right below food/protein on an importance scale. And I mostly agree with monstermash except to add that if you are really tight on cash, even on a cut the straight leucine should work ok. overall leucine solo is around 2/3 the price of a bcaa mix, and if you consider that you'd likely use a 10g dose of bcaa vs 5g leucine its pretty good. I'd still use the BCAAs though vs leucine alone if you have the $

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
Whats worth the money depends on what you are spending on it, how you are using it, and how much spare money you have. I'd say on a fat loss diet, BCAAs rank right below food/protein on an importance scale. And I mostly agree with monstermash except to add that if you are really tight on cash, even on a cut the straight leucine should work ok. overall leucine solo is around 2/3 the price of a bcaa mix, and if you consider that you'd likely use a 10g dose of bcaa vs 5g leucine its pretty good. I'd still use the BCAAs though vs leucine alone if you have the $
You are right. You don't actually "need" the others but flavoring straight leucine is a pain and doesn't mix well with water unless your buying instantized which cost more than bulk BCAA anyway. At least thats from my personal experiences. The ratios I posted are what come from the flavored products I use and FWIW the total amount of BCAAs I use are based on leucine content :)

I'm going to start using straight leucine (bulk ajipure non-instantized) soon to take with my meals but I'm going to cap it myself.

RJW719

RJW719

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for all the replies!

I was just asking the question mainly to see if people thought that with Erase & AT2 I would be able to maintain LBM as much as on BCAAs, but loose more fat while doing it.

rsnake21

rsnake21

Awards
  • Established
If u lost 15 pounds and kept most of your muscle I wouldnt change a thing lol thats a successful cut in my book

RJW719

RJW719

Awards
  • Established
How much BCAAs are you using and when?
I have been taking between 24-30 grams a day. Im using Recoverpro so its a 4:1:1 ratio and Ive been using 4-5 scoops a day. I take 3 scoops pre/intra workout and sip on one or two more between meals throughout the day.

If u lost 15 pounds and kept most of your muscle I wouldnt change a thing lol thats a successful cut in my book
Yea, this has by far been the most successful cut Ive ever done! I was kinda thinking about just getting more bcaas and keep doing what im doing. I was just reading reviews on the erase/AT2 stack and people seemed to have great success with it. I guess I just got a little greedy and was thinking if things could be even better than they have been.

I wish I could afford to buy BCAAs and the erase/AT2. Oh well.

Thanks again for everyone's input!

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Exactly what more could you ask for on a cut

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

MrBEEF

Awards
Smart Powders has them for $36/1kg (2.2 lbs)...I think the market price is ~$20/lb...

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
i def. notice a difference in recovery time even during bulk mode

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Def on a cut imo

jiggamanbill

jiggamanbill

Awards
Are BCAAs really worth the money?

I have been cutting for the last 5 weeks and have been using BCAAs the entire time. I have lost 15lbs over those weeks and have been able to keep my strength close to where it was before the cut. I am starting to notice a decrease in my endurance though. So, although things have been going well on my cut so far, how much of that is related to BCAAs?

I am getting low on BCAAs and am wondering if it is worth it to buy more, or if I should use that money for other supps? I was thinking Erase and AlphaT2.

I will probably be cutting for another 5 weeks or so depending on how things go. Do you think I would be better off with more BCAAs or the stack listed above?

-Thanks
BCAAs are a good addition at any time in my opinion. If you haven't requested a sample yet, PM me name / address and I'll get you a sample of our BCAA Recover Pro