***b-Jack*** Workout Log~

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
looks like it's paying off.

Curls are disgusting. I need a video of that ****.

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
Off day today....

Just resting and growing...highly doubt I will be able to go 2 - off - 2 every week. MAYBE some weeks, but it will be the exception, not the rule.

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
why? you NEED to rebuild, so resting is jsut as important as lifting, just remember that!

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
why? you NEED to rebuild, so resting is jsut as important as lifting, just remember that!
Mr Mace, read carefully:

2 - off - 2 = Working out Mon/Tues Wed=off working out Thurs/Fri.

I said I wont be able to do this because it would take too much of a toll on my body, and NOT ENOUGH REST!!

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
so sorry! misunderstood

:thumbsup:

i typically do 2-off-2-off-off, so that is a good split!

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
Great workout....

Flat BB Bench: 135x14 - 175x8 - 225x6 - 245x12 - 335x2 :)D)

Shoulder Press: 135x8 - 195x3 - 175x11

V-Bar Pressdown: 50x14 - 150x6 - 220x11 (Strong)

DEADS!!: 135x12 - 225x6 - 315x2 - 375x2 - 405x2 (PR!!!)

Burnout set of WG Pullups: BWx15.5 :D

Overall great workout today, stuff just felt light....lbs are going up next week. My DL's will be 500+ in 2 months, mark my words.:think:

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Mr Mace, read carefully:

2 - off - 2 = Working out Mon/Tues Wed=off working out Thurs/Fri.

I said I wont be able to do this because it would take too much of a toll on my body, and NOT ENOUGH REST!!
you still planning on working out the same days (MT RF)? I find that easy to work with.

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
Nice PR BJ.. If you hit 500 by the end of September, I'll personally punch out Jared the Subway Guy for you.

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
you still planning on working out the same days (MT RF)? I find that easy to work with.
Yeh I am going to TRY to manage that...but if my body tells me I need rest...rest is what it will get.

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
Squats: 135x10 - 225x8 - 225x4 - 295x12 (little better form than last week...will go up next week...just wanted to be sure I felt VERY solid before I move on....perfect form today)

Leg Press: 10 plates x12 - 14 plates x6 - 18 plates x12 -24 plates x3 (PR)

DB Preacher 3:3 - 30x12 - 45x12

Seated Calve Raises: 4 plates x12 x14 x16

Rear Forearm Curls: 125 x10-x12-x13

Great workout today...so proud of that leg press man, felt soooooooo good. I dunno if I will be in the gym or not tomorrow...will have to see how much sleep I get tonight and how my body feels upon waking...that leg press took a lot out of me.

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
Flat DB Press: 55x8 - 70x6 - 100x4 - 115x9( I THINK this was a PR..not sure)

Reverse Grip Bench (First time I had ever done this): Bar x20 - 135x10 - 175x8 - 195x10

Clean & Press/Behind Neck Press: 135x10 - 175x8 - 175x6....was so exhausted right here....forgot to do shoulders before triceps...oh well...

Deadlifts: 315x10 - 365x6 - 405x1 ...... and this was the end of my workout....my stomach was acting up real bad and I couldn't concentrate on lifting...Got on the Flat Bench and tried to press 225x1 .... no dice ... knew it was time to go home....literal 100% exhaustion....

Not Bad numbers until my stomach REALLLY started to give me problems by the time we got to shoulders...went south from there. Taking a day off tomorrow.....maybe even Thurs. too....we'll see.

supersoldier

supersoldier

She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!
Awards
  • Established
Not Bad numbers until my stomach REALLLY started to give me problems by the time we got to shoulders...went south from there. Taking a day off tomorrow.....maybe even Thurs. too....we'll see.
Confucious says: Take sh1t before workout to not have a sh1tty workout. :dump: :blink:

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
Seeing improvement, nice DB presses and leg presses. Congrats on the DL pr as well.

How come you went to flat bench after deads when you already benched? And you're doing a back thickness exercise, but no pullups/pulldowns today?

Sorry to hear about your tum tum. ;)

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
Seeing improvement, nice DB presses and leg presses. Congrats on the DL pr as well.

How come you went to flat bench after deads when you already benched? And you're doing a back thickness exercise, but no pullups/pulldowns today?

Sorry to hear about your tum tum. ;)
Yeh no pullups or pulldowns yesterday bc of absolute exhaustion and being so close to hurling.

I went to flat bench bc I was talking to these guys and just messin around bc I felt horrible.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
just checking this out. i cant believe i didnt see this earlier.

I just started reading about DC and have completed two workouts already although i have to brush up on the how to's. It is basically more intensity and frequency with lower volume and the basics sound really good. I did have a hard time the first day in trying to keep my self from doing more excercises. I think i did 2 chest and 2 tris. Today i did the second workout and i was disciplined. Im looking forward to DC.

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
Bi's/Tri's - Going real light on the Bi's today, they are feeling sorta overtrained....so minimal output.

Close Grip Bench: 175x15 - 195x12 - 205x10 - 225x8 (All done with 60 sec rest.)

Reverse Grip Bench (Smithy: 205x12 - 225x10 - 275x5)

DB Curls: 50x12 - 55x10 - 65x5 <----form couldn't be better.

Hammer Strength Iso Curls: (Very odd machine, but I really liked it...weight is really weird though) 90x10 - 120x8 - 100x8

V-Bar Pressdowns: 200x14 - 230x10 - 220x10 - 250x4

Lying (face forward Rope OH Press) - Who the hell knows the name of this... 120x12 - 150x7 - 150x6

And that was it....W/O felt real good....solid all the way around...

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
Ok, so I have slacked major ass lately...have worked out maybe 5-6x in the last month or two, diet has been horrible...and I am an idiot...need to know anything else?

So I started back yesterday, just went to the gym and worked a little bit of w/e i felt like working....I am heading to the gym for chest/tris today...will update lata...

Yesterday's workout went something like this:

Seated Plate Loaded calf raise: 4 plates x15 - 5 plates x10 - 5 plates x 10

Leg Curls: 200x14 - 220x12 - 250x8

Decline Ball Crunches w/ 15lb Ball (w/ partner throwing ball into the decline..also ball stays behind head throughtout the movement): x20 x15 x15 x10

Forearm Curls: 95x15 - x15 - x15 - x10

Might have done a couple other things too, dunno...Today will be balls to the wall though....I will give it all I have, as unimpressive as the numbers may be I'm gonna post em up, and we can all watch the sweet muscle memory take place...

You readdddyyyyyy????!!

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
its about time!

Nice to see you back in action!

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
Chest/Tris:

Flat BB: 205x16 - 225x10 - 245x8 - 275x4 - 315x2

Incline Skullcrushers: 125x10 x10 x10 <----kinda TUT reps here very very slow concentric and eccentric.

Incline BB: 135x25 x20 x18

Rope Pressdowns: 180x12 x10 x10 x8

Bodyweight Dips: x15 x12 x8

Pushups: x25 x20 x15

Decided to take it light on the weights....everything was real solid/smooth....form couldn't have been better...here we goo....

RisingAgainst

RisingAgainst

Banned
Awards
  • Established
here we go my ass... you're getting lazy my brutha... c'mon step it up!

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
Decided to take it light on the weights....everything was real solid/smooth....form couldn't have been better...here we goo....
good call.

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
good call.
Yeh, I figured I would start back sorta slow, maybe to avoid injury...I dunno...I could just be paranoid...either way --- its what I am gonna do the first week.

Body weight is right at ~210.

Body fat yesterday was 12.4% <----- Diet has been that bad :(

I am setting a goal that by January/February I want to work myself to 215 @ around 8-9% body fat. Will be using only natural supps (creatine/beta-alanine) and HOPEFULLY a perfect diet.:dance:

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
You can hit your goal easily.. only problem is the holidays. I usually let my training go to **** 2-3 weeks around christmas because I usually do off the wall, exorbitantly priced vacations around then.

Good luck, all you need is that motivation and you'll reach your goal.

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yeh, I figured I would start back sorta slow, maybe to avoid injury...I dunno...I could just be paranoid...either way --- its what I am gonna do the first week.

Body weight is right at ~210.

Body fat yesterday was 12.4% <----- Diet has been that bad :(

I am setting a goal that by January/February I want to work myself to 215 @ around 8-9% body fat. Will be using only natural supps (creatine/beta-alanine) and HOPEFULLY a perfect diet.:dance:
HIT IT! :clap2:

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
was very sick today, felt soooo incredibly bad...didn't train.

won't be training tomorrow either, goin golfin with a buddy during my only free hours of the day...so that means I skip shoulders for the week, which doesn't kill me.

Mondays W/O went like this...

Deads: 225x12 - 315x10 - 405x3

BB Curls (w/ thumb under bar with other fingers): 135x12 - 145x8 - 155x4

WG Pulldowns: 200x18 - 230x12 - 250x7

E-Z Spider Curls: 105x10 x10 x9

Low Cable Rows: weight is really weird on these machines...no clue what it really is..solid tho..

DB Preacher (TUT, very very very slow reps): 45x10 - 40x10 - 40x8

Good Mornings: 135x20 x20 x19

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
sikk bb curls, ill be doing that in a few months, i hope.

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
what do the BB curls do? not familiar with these

Why the 18 reps on pulldowns?

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
what do the BB curls do? not familiar with these

Why the 18 reps on pulldowns?
As far as the pulldowns...Well I had too little weight on there...didn't realize I didn't put enough. So I just went till it started to burn.

BB curls do good things :D

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
Chest is today later on.

Update: Will be adding Nimbus' SWELL & BLAST to my supplement regimen here coming up. I am very very excited about these two, and I would really encourage you guys to check these supps out...formulations are top notch.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
So what is your current split looking like?

Best of luck with your continued endeavors.

Keep us posted on "SWELL". I'm not too much a fan of their decision to use AAKG (although I completely understand why); however, the rest of the formulation is TOP FREAKING NOTCH!

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
So what is your current split looking like?

Best of luck with your continued endeavors.

Keep us posted on "SWELL". I'm not too much a fan of their decision to use AAKG (although I completely understand why); however, the rest of the formulation is TOP FREAKING NOTCH!
Yeh the AAKG was not something I jumped out of my seat about (but I could do without arg. anyways so its w/e there), but exactly like you said I do understand why. But yeh, the formulations of both I am HUGE fan of.

My training split at least until I get back in the game is:

Mon: Back/Bi
Tues: Shoulder/Forearms/Abs
Wed: Off
Thurs: Legs
Fri: Chest/Tris

Once I get back up to where I was, I will most likely move back into DC.

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
This is Fridays workout.

Flat BB Bench: 225x10 - 225x14 - 245x8 - 275x5

Incline DB: 90x12 - 100x8 - 100x8

Dips: BW+45x12 x10 x8

Cable Crossovers: 120x12 x8 x8 x6

Upright Dips: BW x18 x14 x11

DB Extensions: 60x12 - 80x8 - 95x6

DB Kickbacks: 30x12 x12 x10

Explosive numbers aren't anything to get orgasmic about, but endurance was very solid throughout..

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
damn son thats some nice numbers very orgasmic :wave:

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
~Back/Bi's~ Today

BB Rows: 135x20 (Warmup) 185x12 - 205x7 - 225x5 - 175x10

BB E-Z Curls: 105x20 - 135x13 - 155x8

WG Lat Pulldowns: 225x9 - 225x8 - 205x10

WG Plate Loaded Rows w/ chest support: 135x10 x9 x6 (very sweet machine here)

Low Pulley Rows: 120 x10 130 x8 90x14

DB Preacher (Fully pronated throughout entire ROM): 40x10 - 30x10 - 30x8

Hammer Curls (Dropset): 45x12 - 40x10 - 35x12 - 30x12 - 20x12 - 15x15....was feelin DAMN good about myself by the 15's, makin sure EVERYONE was seeing these beautiful reps...

Overall the workout was really solid...my endurance is really coming a long nicely --- I am starting to increased the total volume and intensity of my workouts as I feel my CNS is really fresh right now and can handle it as I slowly get back into full out hardcore bang assin'...so yeh...peace

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
BW is officially 208 @ an official body fat % of ----> 11.83% (Hydro).

Lets see what happens!

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
My gym is actually directly connected to a hospital, so there are all kinds of really cool things I have access to for free..