Ashwagandha???

dukes3577

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Would there be any difference in OL's vs Swanson ksm-66?

Robert5891

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Shouldn't be if they are both using KSM-66 as its a patented ingredient.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
KSM-66 is a standardized form of Ashwagandha, so it should be the same. Are you just looking to take KSM-66 solo?

dukes3577

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm already getting through my OL kings blood. It's for my wife and she's been on Swanson ksm-66 but bogo on OL's is tempting.

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm already getting through my OL kings blood. It's for my wife and she's been on Swanson ksm-66 but bogo on OL's is tempting.
So basically you're asking if your wife can use kingsblood?

dukes3577

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
No, asking if there would be and difference in swapping her from Swanson ksm-66 to OL's ashwagandha.

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No, asking if there would be and difference in swapping her from Swanson ksm-66 to OL's ashwagandha.
Nope. When taken at the correct dose, the OL ash product will give you the same, if not higher levels of Withanolides.

dukes3577

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Cool thanks, just ordered bogo OL ashwagandha.

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'd stick with ksm-66. Many studies to back it. Plus, OL is only 1.5% withonolides. So, more than 3X the amount is needed vs ksm. Could cause upset stomach or other issues. Also, know exactly what you're getting every time with a patented extract...not to mention it only being $0.10 for 300 mg capsule. That's cheaper than OL ash (when dosed for same quantity of withonolides).

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'd stick with ksm-66. Many studies to back it. Plus, OL is only 1.5% withonolides. So, more than 3X the amount is needed vs ksm. Could cause upset stomach or other issues. Also, know exactly what you're getting every time with a patented extract...not to mention it only being $0.10 for 300 mg capsule. That's cheaper than OL ash (when dosed for same quantity of withonolides).
Really preference, I think when its BOGO, its a pretty good deal. We actually use KSM 66 in a number of our products, so we have nothing but positive things to say about KSM 66.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would personally stick with Jarrow. It is dirt cheap it lasts forever.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ksm66 ftw

VO2Maxima

VO2Maxima

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's standardized though, so you know exactly what you're getting, it's not like a random non-standardized ash where you're playing the guessing game. Yeah you have to dose it a bit higher, but when it's on BOGO (which it is right now on Nutriverse), it ends up being a good deal. Either way, you're fine.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What's the point of testing and patents if people copy and make generic products . Sure it looks the same but no work involved

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I would personally stick with Jarrow. It is dirt cheap it lasts forever.
I got the Jarrow, and think it was due to your suggestion, so thanks! Got it off of Amazon. (Prime)

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Both good companies, but if the Jarrow has been good for you why change?

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
What's the point of testing and patents if people copy and make generic products . Sure it looks the same but no work involved
They make money off of patents and there's millions of people who will not buy generic products.

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
They make money off of patents and there's millions of people who will not buy generic products.
Not to mention ashwagandha is an herb used for 500+ years, so its not like they discovered it, and we license KSM 66 in a few of our products

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I for one support patients !!!

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Right on you.

Tylerclee

Tylerclee

Awards
  • Established
I think a higher dose of lower standardized withanolides is slightly superior but I'm sure Synapsin can clear that up.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
The last research I recall (for weightlifting) was 600mg of KSM-66. Unless you get a deal (like it looks like you did) the Swanson causes you to have to take 3 caps (750mg) - so any product that offers 300mg caps may be a better value. Hard to beat a volume discount Jarrow buy at some places.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The last research I recall (for weightlifting) was 600mg of KSM-66. Unless you get a deal (like it looks like you did) the Swanson causes you to have to take 3 caps (750mg) - so any product that offers 300mg caps may be a better value. Hard to beat a volume discount Jarrow buy at some places.
This. There are many studies using 600mg/day KSM-66, showing many benefits. KSM-66 is standardized for 5% withanolides, while Sensoril is standardized for 8-10% if I recall, and some studies have also noted benefits using a 2.5% extract, etc. The important thing is the daily withanolide content, and that it's standardized according to HPLC, not UV/titration/etc, which would give inflated readings, meaning you wouldn't be getting as much withanolides as with the "same" standardization if you're not using a HPLC standardized extract. KSM-66 and Sensoril are good to go, as are some other extracts.

Sacrifice

Awards
Just ordered 2 bottles of the Jarrow. When do you guys take it? Would it best best to take before bed to help with anxiety induced insomnia?

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Just ordered 2 bottles of the Jarrow. When do you guys take it? Would it best best to take before bed to help with anxiety induced insomnia?
300mg upon waking and 300mg prior to bed

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
This. There are many studies using 600mg/day KSM-66, showing many benefits. KSM-66 is standardized for 5% withanolides, while Sensoril is standardized for 8-10% if I recall, and some studies have also noted benefits using a 2.5% extract, etc. The important thing is the daily withanolide content, and that it's standardized according to HPLC, not UV/titration/etc, which would give inflated readings, meaning you wouldn't be getting as much withanolides as with the "same" standardization if you're not using a HPLC standardized extract. KSM-66 and Sensoril are good to go, as are some other extracts.
This is what I pretty much think too. Like Synapsin said, it's an herb that's been used for hundreds of years. The evidence points to the withanolides being the important factor, and although there are different types of withanolides - a standardized product should be superior to just straight herbs any day.

Also, some people say Sensoril is more calming, KSM-66 is more energizing. Wonder what others think on here? I've used standardized extracts and KSM-66 but never Sensoril...mainly because of the love on this board, but I wonder if Sensoril may have a place too.