Are they seriously Re-Making Conan The Barbarian???

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Conan the Barbarian 3D

It's not necessarily a bad thing but sheesh how many movies is Hollywood going to remake? I bet in another 15 years we will be seeing "TRANSFORMERS.....THE REMAKE"

How do you all feel about this? The movie actually looks pretty good but let's hear what all the Arnold fans have to say about this blasphemy! :D

Plus.. Anyone seen any good recent movies that they recommend?

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
Dont even get me started. Its an insult, conan was larger than life, even though the trailer looks good, its not conan.

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Dont even get me started. Its an insult, conan was larger than life, even though the trailer looks good, its not conan.
I know it makes me sad.. I told a few of my friends and they said "Is Arnold in it??!?" I replied no and they said it'll be lame then.

You mean Transformers the Re-Remake...
:X super remix remake part 9000.. COMMON HOLLYWOOD MAKE SOMETHINGGG

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
It'll be good without Arnold
I think so too, but well have to see when it comes out. I just wanted to see what Arnold fans would/will say.

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
Tsk, tsk, has nothing to do with arnold, although he absolutely fit the bill, and much more to do with the character of conan, who was always a "larger than the normal guy" , the film may end up being great, Im sure it will make alot of money, but they absolutely failed to cast conan as a truely "larger than life figure" as he has been classically protrayed;
:

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Tsk, tsk, has nothing to do with arnold, although he absolutely fit the bill, and much more to do with the character of conan, who was always a "larger than the normal guy" , the film may end up being great, Im sure it will make alot of money, but they absolutely failed to cast conan as a truely "larger than life figure" as he has been classically protrayed;
:
Good point and i agree, with all the money they throw around they should put more into the "larger than life" aspect of the character. I think that was more of what i was trying to get at with this thread but you got it corrected for me thanks!

I'll be seeing it either way so hopefully it's good

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm more excited about the original conan movies being released on blu-ray then this remake.

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
seccsi

seccsi

Awards
  • Established
The trend now in hollywood is more the average guy look. Well, the average cut guy. I think I even read an article about it somewhere how they weren't casting big huge guys in superhero roles as much anymore.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
:
This is actually a really good point.

I think it'll be interesting and I look forward to seeing it and prior to you mentioning that, I thought the casting was decent. But it seems based on that that it really should be someone whose body seems unattainable rather than an average guy who works out.

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
maybe Conan will have some intelligable lines this time around :)

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
The trend now in hollywood is more the average guy look. Well, the average cut guy. I think I even read an article about it somewhere how they weren't casting big huge guys in superhero roles as much anymore.
Yeah, because the skinny ***** look seems to appeal to audiences now. WTF **** hollywood. LIke casting adrien brody in Predators. Bad movie and adrien brody can't hold a candle to Arnold, **** I just started lifting right and gettign enough food and I'm more buff then that guy.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Whaaaaat, how could you not like lines like this:

Mongol General: Conan! What is best in life?
Conan: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.
I don't care what he says, as long as he's still bred to the finest stock! :yup:

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Yeah, because the skinny ***** look seems to appeal to audiences now. WTF **** hollywood. LIke casting adrien brody in Predators. Bad movie and adrien brody can't hold a candle to Arnold, **** I just started lifting right and gettign enough food and I'm more buff then that guy.
Reminds me of all the skinny guys at a local event walking around with their shirts off and thinking they're the sh*t haha

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
That is a great line no question about it but then Its all grunting and Krom :)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That is a great line no question about it but then Its all grunting and Krom :)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
And what's wrong with that. It is a guy movie after all and who doesn't love running around saying, " By Krom!!!" lol

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
not a thang bro :) just Poking fun. It's an action movie, but you can't deny some of his later one liners (Commando anyone?) f'n make the film :)

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
not a thang bro :) just Poking fun. It's an action movie, but you can't deny some of his later one liners (Commando anyone?) f'n make the film :)

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
now the the look on his face in that gif is priceless!

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
[video=youtube;mZHoHaAYHq8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZHoHaAYHq8[/video]

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I definitely wont be watching this in the theater. In all honesty as much as I love the originals they were B grade movies at best. Arnold made Conan not the story line. People went to see the movies because Arnold was in them and they had never seen anything like him. Then it had a cult following many of whom were bodybuilders or wannabe bodybuilders.