Archaeologists findings on the "Jesus family Tomb"

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
Is This Jesus Christ's Real Tomb?

Whether this is the real site of Jesus tomb is quite debatable but if these are in fact 1st century writings what caught my attention the most was the inscription below Translated as "O Divine Jehovah, raise up, raise up," or "The Divine Jehovah raises up to the Holy Place," or "The Divine Jehovah raises up from [the dead]." Proof that early christians did use the name of God.

article-2107591-11F523DE000005DC-544_634x441.jpg

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
is this the same tomb the Naked Archilogist and James Cameron found a few years back?

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
i just watched this last night...

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I could be wrong here, but I thought that it was blasphemous to use the actual "name", and that even if you did, it was nearly if not totally unpronounceable. Only the highest of Jewish priests were allowed to say it. And if this was Jesus' resting place, why not yshua instead of jehovah?

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
ahhh is this now pretty the defacto easter program to air now? :)

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
more of a Shroud of Turin fan personally :)

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
I could be wrong here, but I thought that it was blasphemous to use the actual "name", and that even if you did, it was nearly if not totally unpronounceable. Only the highest of Jewish priests were allowed to say it. And if this was Jesus' resting place, why not yshua instead of jehovah?
It was a made up Jewish tradition that using the name of God was wrong. They wrongly interrpreted one of the ten commandments " Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain" The commandment doesn't say to not use the name of God, it just simply says in the name should not be used in a irreverent or blasphemos manner. The name appears appears 6,823 times in the Jewish Bible and 6,828 times each in the Biblia Hebraica and Biblia Hebraica Stuttgartensia texts of the Hebrew Scriptures. God revealed his name to moses in exodus 3: [SUP]13[/SUP] And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? What shall I say unto them? [SUP]14[/SUP] And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you. [SUP]15[/SUP] And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, Jehovah, the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations." -ASV

With the number of times God's name exists in the hebrew texts it is obvious that God wants his people to know his name. He also told moses to say his name. Clearly it was to be told to many and not a special elite.

yshua or Yeshua is not the same name. That is more commonly known in hebrew or aramaic as the name of Jesus, not the devine name of God.

Reactions: BBB
Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
more of a Shroud of Turin fan personally :)

That was very interesting as well. No one can say for sure if it was the shroud Jesus was wrapped in but what got my attention was how the image was marked on the shroud. In a scan-like burned image and we all know they didn't have scanners back then ;) Leaving you to believe some sort of supernatural force had to occur to leave that image on the shroud.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ohhhh my, just wait until the perpetually-mad Atheists see this post.

They cannot STOMACH seeing/hearing ANYTHING to do with the Christian God and His works.

It's like they feel it's their duty to mankind to eradicate Christianity form the earth, yet, have no interest in disproving other "gods".

They get SO WORKED UP and HOSTILE over this (in something they dont even believe in!!!)........yet......they don't get so worked up over Unicorns, Greek Mythology, Astrology, and all the other non-existent Gods, Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, pagan spirits, and/or practices that people hold close to their hearts for some reason (yet, these dont exist either) - Weird, isnt it? LOLOL

When I don't believe in something, I simply laugh it off and dismiss it. I don't FIGHT with conviction andf passion as I have no skin in the game :p

So inexplicable and funny. I wonder how vehemently they argued the NON-existence of the Easter Bunny last Sunday. They probably went NUTS!!!!!!!!!!! LOL "Children, put those eggs down now! There is NO real Easter Bunny. It is a false religion and I can prove it! No where in history can you prove the origns of the 1st Easter bunny therefore the eggs and candy are symbols of the cult religion of that wrecthid BUNNY".

If they didnt - why not? Intentionally prejudicial isnt it? ;)

I also rarely if ever see any antagonist fired up rhetoric about Muslims, Jews, etc - ONLY CHRISTIANS!
Now why is that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

Here they come.............wait for the rage .........here we go............... LOL

Let me get my words in while I still can b/c the trolls are about to get WHACKY:
Praise be to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm outta here!

That was very interesting as well. No one can say for sure if it was the shroud Jesus was wrapped in but what got my attention was how the image was marked on the shroud. In a scan-like burned image and we all know they didn't have scanners back then ;) Leaving you to believe some sort of supernatural force had to occur to leave that image on the shroud.

kokobeware2

Awards
  • Established
Ohhhh my, just wait until the perpetually-mad Atheists see this post.

They cannot STOMACH seeing/hearing ANYTHING to do with the Christian God and His works.

Odd that they get SO WORKED UP and HOSTILE over this (in something they dont even believe in)........yet......they dont get so worked up over Unicorns, Greek Mythology, Astrology, and all the other non-existent Gods, spirits, and/or practices that people hold close to their hearts for some reason (yet, these dont exist either) - Weird, isnt it? LOLOL

When I don't believe in something, I simply laugh it off and dismiss it. I don't FIGHT with conviction andf passion as I have no skin in the game :p

So inexplicably funny.

Here they some.............wait for the rage .........here we go...............
Are u implying unicorns don't exist?!

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards

the way i look at it, even if it was man made - that only makes it all that much more amazing that they pulled it off. very interesting programs on it for sure

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
One small dilemma with the shroud.....look at the height of the body in it. He is well over 6 ft tall. Not impossible but certainly rare. Most likely from a bas-relief sculpture imo

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
even in the middle ages when it was first definitely documented and tracked wasn't 6 foot plus pretty tall and uncommon still? Hell during the French and Indian war there were only a handful of britsh troops that tall, and they used them for basically shock and awe tactics. :)

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
One small dilemma with the shroud.....look at the height of the body in it. He is well over 6 ft tall. Not impossible but certainly rare. Most likely from a bas-relief sculpture imo
Well the height of Jesus is not mentioned in the scriptures. Considering the average height of a Jew at that time it would of been quite rare for anyone to be over 6'. As I picture Jesus he would of been a average joe (or jew) If he were to be considerably taller than the rest it would of made him intimidating. The Jesus of the bible was not intimidating but very approachable.

You'd have to consider the age of the shroud and how it has probably experienced stretching. I don't see it being anatomically correct. What's interesting is the man of the shroud experienced wounds that would be consistent with the bibles account of the crucifixion of Jesus. Other men were crucified as well though so it could be any man really. The average height of a man from israel today would be 5`9" according to disabled world.com

After all the science the question still remains though how did the image get there?

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Here we go............LOL :p

After all the science the question still remains though how did the image get there?

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
Here we go............LOL :p
Bring on the evidence! I don't need the shroud to know that christ was real so I don't put much faith in it but the thing is.. The energy that produced the image can not be explained. Also small puncture wounds were found on the forehead which would be consistent with the "crown of thorns" that was placed on Jesus's Head. I'am not sure if a crown of thorns was something that was placed on many at that time of crucifixion but yet again, it goes along with the bibles story.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm with ya 100% buddy

Bring on the evidence! I don't need the shroud to know that christ was real so I don't put much faith in it but the thing is.. The energy that produced the image can not be explained. Also small puncture wounds were found on the forehead which would be consistent with the "crown of thorns" that was placed on Jesus's Head. I'am not sure if a crown of thorns was something that was placed on many at that time of crucifixion but yet again, it goes along with the bibles story.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
schroedes

schroedes

Awards
and personally i think the world would be a better place without religion, but i still like history and this stuff is interesting

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You know you may have valid or even valuable points to contribute to a discussion but they get betrayed by your rude and or effensive delivery. It really is quite fine and acceptable to disagree and yet still provide a valuable contribution to a discussion. Sadly you lack the ability to do do.

schroedes

schroedes

Awards
i was just messing around cuz whacked was getting so worked up saying all these athiests out there would start slamming this etc, im personally not a athiest but it seemed a little hipocritical. oh well

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i just watched this last night...
I found the legend of "Lilith, the other woman" really pique my interest. Clearly there is quite the the interesting questions I now have sfter reading this again

Genesis 1:26-31
26 Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, [a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”

27 So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.

28 God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.” 29 Then God said, “I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food. 30 And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds in the sky and all the creatures that move along the ground—everything that has the breath of life in it—I give every green plant for food.” And it was so. 31 God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning—the sixth day.

Genesis 2:1-22

1 Thus the heavens and the earth were completed in all their vast array.

2 By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work. 3 Then God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he rested from all the work of creating that he had done.

Adam and Eve

4 This is the account of the heavens and the earth when they were created, when the LORD God made the earth and the heavens.

5 Now no shrub had yet appeared on the earth [a] and no plant had yet sprung up, for the LORD God had not sent rain on the earth and there was no one to work the ground, 6 but streams came up from the earth and watered the whole surface of the ground. 7 Then the LORD God formed a man [c] from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.

8 Now the LORD God had planted a garden in the east, in Eden; and there he put the man he had formed. 9 The LORD God made all kinds of trees grow out of the ground—trees that were pleasing to the eye and good for food. In the middle of the garden were the tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

10 A river watering the garden flowed from Eden; from there it was separated into four headwaters. 11 The name of the first is the Pishon; it winds through the entire land of Havilah, where there is gold. 12 (The gold of that land is good; aromatic resin [d] and onyx are also there.) 13 The name of the second river is the Gihon; it winds through the entire land of Cush. [e] 14 The name of the third river is the Tigris; it runs along the east side of Ashur. And the fourth river is the Euphrates.

15 The LORD God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it. 16 And the LORD God commanded the man, “You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; 17 but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die.”

18 The LORD God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.”

19 Now the LORD God had formed out of the ground all the wild animals and all the birds in the sky. He brought them to the man to see what he would name them; and whatever the man called each living creature, that was its name. 20 So the man gave names to all the livestock, the birds in the sky and all the wild animals.

But for Adam [f] no suitable helper was found. 21 So the LORD God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man’s ribs [g] and then closed up the place with flesh. 22 Then the LORD God made a woman from the rib [h] he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man.

schroedes

schroedes

Awards
if everything was made in 7 days how do you explain dinosaurs?

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
if everything was made in 7 days how do you explain dinosaurs?
The bible does not go into detail about the dinosaurs. On the 5th day it is said in genesis that God created living creatures. What is a day to God though? That is the question. We know a day as 24 hours. What does God know it as? It could simply mean a day of work but not necessarily a 24 hour time period. It could be possible that God created the dinosaurs on the 5th day and many many years went by before the "6" day when dinosaurs became extinct. Or is it possible that dinosaurs actually co-existed in the time of man? Is the carbon dating of the dinosaurs accurate? There's really a lot of un-answered questions and a lot of speculation. The bible was written for man as to what they need to know and nothing more. Maybe some day we'll know the truth about the dinosaurs but since they aren't around right now it doesn't really concern us.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The bible does not go into detail about the dinosaurs. On the 5th day it is said in genesis that God created living creatures. What is a day to God though? That is the question. We know a day as 24 hours. What does God know it as? It could simply mean a day of work but not necessarily a 24 hour time period. It could be possible that God created the dinosaurs on the 5th day and many many years went by before the "6" day when dinosaurs became extinct. Or is it possible that dinosaurs actually co-existed in the time of man? Is the carbon dating of the dinosaurs accurate? There's really a lot of un-answered questions and a lot of speculation. The bible was written for man as to what they need to know and nothing more. Maybe some day we'll know the truth about the dinosaurs but since they aren't around right now it doesn't really concern us.
This is a very good point. Recent discoveries of other universes by astronomers and physicists have shown that they do not necessarily follow the same laws of,physics that we do. So that can certainly alter the perception of time and space.

I am not going to address the bible issue Flaw, as you and I have been down that road countless times before ;)

I will saw, to address the other issue about ancient aliens (silly show) the only one I have seen of merit was Puma Punku. As they finally used a bit of scientific research on it and couldn't explain it. The Da Vinci episode was a joke, specifically for me as someone with an extensive art history background.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
and christians are some of the most narrow minded people ive met
and personally i think the world would be a better place without religion
Sorry you feel that way. My comments are based on numerous past experiences on this board where God- forbid we Christians say anything positive about our faith or even discuss it in general terms, without all the trolls not coming out and attacking like it's their sole plight in life. LOL

They simply CANNOT leave threads like this alone.

May I ask what are your beliefs are?

schroedes

schroedes

Awards
This is a very good point. Recent discoveries of other universes by astronomers and physicists have shown that they do not necessarily follow the same laws of,physics that we do. So that can certainly alter the perception of time and space.

I am not going to address the bible issue Flaw, as you and I have been down that road countless times before ;)

I will saw, to address the other issue about ancient aliens (silly show) the only one I have seen of merit was Puma Punku. As they finally used a bit of scientific research on it and couldn't explain it. The Da Vinci episode was a joke, specifically for me as someone with an extensive art history background.
if ancient aliens is silly or the idea anyways, why isnt the idea of the bible silly? most of the core stories in the bible were around long before the bible or christianity were ever around. if jesus were around today he would probably be arrested, look at David Koresh etc and other so called mesiahs. who are we to think we know what god is, or says, or thinks for that matter?? who are we to know exactly what these people were referring to when they wrote the gospels etc? maybe people in power then saw a easy way to control people and their minds?? isnt that what the church did for 2,000 yrs? made women and science evil, held humanity back, committed atrocities, started wars etc etc etc. the catholic church-christian church is corrupt to its core and always has been and thats why we would be better off without religion. carbon dating wrong?? are you serious?? carbon has a half life, that doesnt change no matter how you look at it, but i suppose god did that too right? easy explanation for everything. the basic laws of physics apply nearly everywhere weve looked in the universe, it doesnt mean there are different laws, we just dont fully understand them. rant

schroedes

schroedes

Awards
everyone has the right to believe in what they want, but the church and other religions constantly cross the lines when they try to install their ideas on other people, try to influence politics etc etc. and yes the majority of people that are religious to that degree are very narrow minded in my opinion and think they know all the answers because some book told them so. ever heard of the council of Nicea?? look that up

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
if ancient aliens is silly or the idea anyways, why isnt the idea of the bible silly? most of the core stories in the bible were around long before the bible or christianity were ever around. if jesus were around today he would probably be arrested, look at David Koresh etc and other so called mesiahs. who are we to think we know what god is, or says, or thinks for that matter?? who are we to know exactly what these people were referring to when they wrote the gospels etc? maybe people in power then saw a easy way to control people and their minds?? isnt that what the church did for 2,000 yrs? made women and science evil, held humanity back, committed atrocities, started wars etc etc etc. the catholic church-christian church is corrupt to its core and always has been and thats why we would be better off without religion. carbon dating wrong?? are you serious?? carbon has a half life, that doesnt change no matter how you look at it, but i suppose god did that too right? easy explanation for everything. the basic laws of physics apply nearly everywhere weve looked in the universe, it doesnt mean there are different laws, we just dont fully understand them. rant
I think you are misinterpreting what I am saying. I am no theist, nor a bible believer. I am well aware of earlier traditions (Egyptian cults, Sumerian deities, Greco-roman connects.etc.)

I just find certain aspects of ancient aliens downright ridiculous. The davinci episode is the best example.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
everyone has the right to believe in what they want, but the church and other religions constantly cross the lines when they try to install their ideas on other people, try to influence politics etc etc. and yes the majority of people that are religious to that degree are very narrow minded in my opinion and think they know all the answers because some book told them so. ever heard of the council of Nicea?? look that up
I assure you I am quite familiar with Constantine, nicea, council of hippo etc...

Telling me to look it up is silly...I am aware of the issues in the formation of the NT, and it's connections to earlier texts. Additionally I am also quite well informed on the story of Yeshia (Issa, Jesus, Horus, Mithras, and all the other similar stories).

schroedes

schroedes

Awards
lol, sorry man, ive seen a few that had some pretty silly ideas, at the core of it though i think theres alot more to be explored and researched and alot more to understand.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
lol, sorry man, ive seen a few that had some pretty silly ideas, at the core of it though i think theres alot more to be explored and researched and alot more to understand.
No worries... The Da Vinci one bothered the hell out me as I taught college level art history for several pears and they misrepresented so many things. I do like the guy with crazy hair though. When he can't explain something, it's always "aliens did it"

schroedes

schroedes

Awards
I assure you I am quite familiar with Constantine, nicea, council of hippo etc...

Telling me to look it up is silly...I am aware of the issues in the formation of the NT, and it's connections to earlier texts. Additionally I am also quite well informed on the story of Yeshia (Issa, Jesus, Horus, Mithras, and all the other similar stories).
why has the church always been so suppressiv with information then? or why were only certain writings allowed in the bible? i mnot necessarily bashing christians but more the idea of the church and its abuse of power

schroedes

schroedes

Awards
No worries... The Da Vinci one bothered the hell out me as I taught college level art history for several pears and they misrepresented so many things. I do like the guy with crazy hair though. When he can't explain something, it's always "aliens did it"
ive always been interested in art and more so the men behind it. my sister is a art major now and we always have some interesting discussions.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
why has the church always been so suppressiv with information then? or why were only certain writings allowed in the bible? i mnot necessarily bashing christians but more the idea of the church and its abuse of power
The church hid a great deal as some of the other exits painted a different more mortal picture. Constantine played an enormous role in this. He viewed himself as an "Apollo-like" god and actually evidence suggests that he altered a great deal of early Christian thought as a result. If you look at contemporary accounts of is architecture, it illustrates his mania and how he greatly changed what Christianity was.

As an aside, the Apollo connection to Jesus is astounding too. The "sun" "son" connection is interesting.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ive always been interested in art and more so the men behind it. my sister is a art major now and we always have some interesting discussions.
Art tells a great story. Michelangelo always had some anger hidden in his art, as well as his ego. Look at the last judgement wall and St. Batholemew. Look at the face on the skin.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
if ancient aliens is silly or the idea anyways, why isnt the idea of the bible silly?
Apples and Oranges. That's akin to making some bizarre comparison while attempting to compare proof for the existence of Zeus verses Ronald Regan.

Have you ever seen an Alien? Did the Aliens keep a report of historical facts for 4,000 years, whereby many of these stories were researched and corroborated by historians as scientific facts? If so, please point to them.

most of the core stories in the bible were around long before the bible or christianity were ever aroundiahs
They are? That's news to me. That's not only patently false, and intentionaly arbitrary, it's just plain ridiculous.

if jesus were around today he would probably be arrested, look at David Koresh etc and other so called mesiahs.
Once again, quintessential apples and oranges statement. Jesus was more peaceful, loving and non-violent than Mother Theresa. You want to compare her to David Koresh too? Please point to ONE violent, disrespectful or even dangerous act committed by Jesus.

who are we to think we know what god is, or says, or thinks for that matter?? who are we to know exactly what these people were referring to when they wrote the gospels etc?
We are people with free will bestowed upon all of us by the hand of God Himself.
We are people with the ability to choose to believe or not.
We are people who have been presented with a littany of evidence to support the existence of God...OR....not believe we have been presented with enough; a personal life-altering decision every conscience man must make at some point in his/her life and hopefully not before it's not too late.

maybe people in power then saw a easy way to control people and their minds??
Or....maybe not. I am willing to concede your point b/c men are always trying to control everything. In this instance, even you are accurate in your speculation (that the agenda of man was to exploit religion for its own purposes), that still in no way disproves the existence of God; it only supports the evil of man.

isnt that what the church did for 2,000 yrs? made women and science evil, held humanity back, committed atrocities, started wars etc etc etc.
Most Atheists cannot seem to separate or comprehend the significant difference between a) the acts/actions of men who commit sins/crimes against humanity under the banner of Christianity, Catholicism, etc verses b) someone who is a Christian who simply has a relationship with Christ and lives to serve and emulate Him. Stark contrast. Keep your eyes on the Lord for what He represents and demands, not on evil, wicked, sinful men who sin and justify their actions with their "faith" and hidden agendas.

the catholic church-christian church is corrupt to its core and always has been and thats why we would be better off without religion.
The Catholic Church is corrupt, I concur. Jesus is not. Read previous reply. Also, "formal religion" in general is dangerous. History has proven time and time again that anything man can get his hands on, he will either try to control or manipulate for his gain. Again, men are inherently evil.

True Christians have a relationship with Christ; they not follow a man-made religion. Being a "Christian" denotes/is simply defined as a "follower of Christ", nothing more, nothing less.

carbon dating wrong?? are you serious?? carbon has a half life, that doesnt change no matter how you look at it, but i suppose god did that too right? easy explanation for everything. the basic laws of physics apply nearly everywhere weve looked in the universe, it doesnt mean there are different laws, we just dont fully understand them
The Book of Genesis is very open/subject to interpretation if you read the first book. Many Apologetics authors discuss this in great detail. One of my favorites is Frank Turek (anotherr is Chuck Misler). Frank has regularly debated (and schooled) world-renown Atheists Richard Dawkins and the late Christopher Hitchens MANY times (some of ther most gifted, well-roiunded scientic minds of our time).

Some of these debates can be found on You Tube. Keep in mind if you decide to view these, he MAINLY debates in ATHEIST forums (so many times he is the LONE Christian in a sea of hundreds/thousands of Atheists, so the questions, responses and general sentiment in the room is grossly bitter towards him). Impressive spine of steel IMHO; but his objective is to win people over to Christ. It's been noted that he accomplishes this at every debate ;).

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established

If you have any info on non-popular carbon dating theories please do post. I've done some research on it in the past but not a whole lot.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
IMO, everything will be revealed to us when we get there; and we have all of eternity to ask anythng we want.

The bible was written for man as to what they need to know and nothing more. Maybe some day we'll know the truth about the dinosaurs but since they aren't around right now it doesn't really concern us.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
There's many things you cannot understand if you do not have faith first. Faith opens your eyes to what the real message of the bible is. It's completely impossible for you to understand without faith. In the beginning of the bible God performed miracles then later Jesus performed miracles. People may have believed at that moment but then later dismissed it somehow, either saying they were some sort of magician trick or coincidence. What the bible teaches is that visual proof means nothing to those who do not believe in the first place. This is why we see no "proof" today as a atheist would want to see because it's not all about that. It's about faith. When you have faith, God opens himself up to you. You see his hand at work.

2 corinthians 5:7 " for we are walking by faith, not by sight."

The church has always abused it's power and has had it's hand in everything since the term "church" was created. What a lot of people don't understand is that there's a big difference between the truth and religion. The truth is how it is, it's God's way. Religion hides behind the "cross" and uses it as a mask so it appears geniune but by it's hypocrisy you see otherwise. God is very aware of this. The bible teaches that this would happen.

Science changes everyday so nothing is ever concrete in the science world. What is said as fact today could be proved false tommorrow. There are non-popular carbon dating theories that say discoveries are only 1,000's of years old and not millions. I have to research this a bit more though.