Guest viewing limit reached
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

Arachidonic Acid and fat gain?

Kc2554

Active Member
Has anyone experience or heard of higher than normal fat gain while supplementing with AA?
 
Should definitely be the opposite.
 
When I cut down on my Omega-3s and allow more Omega-6 fats in my diet (to increase my natural amount of arachidonic acid), I notice a slight increase in fat gain.

I've also seen a study that showed that increasing your Omega-3 fats (with a fishoil supplement) caused more fat loss than not supplementing with fishoil.

But Im ok with a little more fat gain as long as I'm aware of what Im getting into and I gain more muscle.
 
AA makes cutting much easier for me because I can run a mild kcal difference and still get outstanding fat loss and usually a little LBM gain as well.
 
I have heardsome minor water retention, this might be the reason why. But it will all go away ;)
 
Thanks guys...would a CKD diet work well with the AA?

I would not recommend it. Keep the carbs reasonnable. You might get extremely sore, and will have a hard time recovering from training on a low carb and AA regimen.

If you are able to tough it up, then you are definetly a dedicated guy, and you should see great results. Just be carefull not to overtrain!
 
Thank you all for your replies! I have seen a trend in fat gain, but I have come to the conclusion that it is my diet. I have been following CKD, BUT (and this is a BIG but) I have not been meticulous with the calories.

On July 8th, I made sure of my calorie intake, and the weight is now coming down.

On a side note, carbing up has been (and still) a learning process that I have not mastered, and seems to send my progress backwards...
 
Back
Top