Appetite suppressants

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Your favorite or the strongest appetite suppressants, let's hear them!

Cheers = )

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Camel snus , Copenhagen and on nicotine pouches lol

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Camel snus , Copenhagen and on nicotine pouches lol
That's interesting, but makes sense since many people get fat when they quit smoking. How many mg's a day you use, or do you just throw a bag under your lip when feel like it?

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I was expecting somene to throw in coce or speed 😄 Although they would no doubt be strong appetite suppressants, the destructiveness of mental health makes them something I'm not looking to utilize 😇

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Invictus is the best thing for craving suppressant ive tried

Last edited:
KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Motivation and will power
Those are the cornerstones of cutting for sure. But to be excact, they don't suppress appetite/hunger, they are just needed to deal with it. If there are things to help with not being hungry 24/7, I'd like to make a use of some.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Invictus is the best thing for craving suppressant ive tried
Interesting, never heard of that feature from b-aet. Maybe it's a cortisol thing? I've read about chromium helping with (sweet) cravings, but the cravings aren't really an issue. More the physical hunger pains and body demanding food.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
ECA stack always does it for me. I have to remind myself to eat when I'm running that.
You probably mean the real ECA stack with ephedrine? Have you tried these 'ECA' stacks of today with Ephedra, caffeine and White willow?

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Interesting, never heard of that feature from b-aet. Maybe it's a cortisol thing? I've read about chromium helping with (sweet) cravings, but the cravings aren't really an issue. More the physical hunger pains and body demanding food.
yes it's supposed to be a cortisol modulator. Apex alchemy offers it with AET-50 too. I don't think it's as strong, but it won't dry your skin out as much as Invictus.

are you sure it's the real need for nutrients hunger tier? u sure it's not just "keto flu"? have you done any fasting? most hunger is fake signals and you can get by with water,salt,potassium,other minerals.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
yes it's supposed to be a cortisol modulator. Apex alchemy offers it with AET-50 too. I don't think it's as strong, but it won't dry your skin out as much as Invictus.

are you sure it's the real need for nutrients hunger tier? u sure it's not just "keto flu"? have you done any fasting? most hunger is fake signals and you can get by with water,salt,potassium,other minerals.
Yes I know the MOA of b-aet. I meant that maybe it's the lowering of cortisol, that lowers cravings. I know high cortisol can make you crave sugar and fast energy (or so I've read).

I'm not familiar with the keto flu 🤔 I don't cut carbs that much on cuts anymore, since I've found out to be more succesfull on all accounts when having a decent amount of carbs in.

I haven't done any intentional fasting. Only when been too busy to eat. I eat 5-6 times a day usually. Can't really answer your question if it's real demand for nutrients or just fake signals (didn't thought of that tbh). It's just feeling hungry all day everyday, when cutting. I do try to stifle it some by drinking water or some no calorie sodas. I'll look more into adding those minerals with my water.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
This is a boring one, but carbonated drinks is my go to. It reduces my hunger at the same time as it hydrates me. I prefer the ones without any flavour, but the flavoured ones works just as well.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yes I know the MOA of b-aet. I meant that maybe it's the lowering of cortisol, that lowers cravings. I know high cortisol can make you crave sugar and fast energy (or so I've read).

I'm not familiar with the keto flu I don't cut carbs that much on cuts anymore, since I've found out to be more succesfull on all accounts when having a decent amount of carbs in.

I haven't done any intentional fasting. Only when been too busy to eat. I eat 5-6 times a day usually. Can't really answer your question if it's real demand for nutrients or just fake signals (didn't thought of that tbh). It's just feeling hungry all day everyday, when cutting. I do try to stifle it some by drinking water or some no calorie sodas. I'll look more into adding those minerals with my water.
it sounds weird but eating makes you hungry, and what you eat can make you more or less hungry. so the easiest thing to do is to do fasting. sounds like youre eating appetizers all day ! lol

CasperKValentine

CasperKValentine

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
You probably mean the real ECA stack with ephedrine? Have you tried these 'ECA' stacks of today with Ephedra, caffeine and White willow?
Yes, Primatene or Bronkaid both work just fine for me. Most of the diet stuff marketed ECA has Ephedra leaves in it just so they can say it has Ephedra, but doesn't do anything though. I haven't ran ECA in a long time though. I'm older now and I don't seem to handle stimulants like I used to. Hell even half the preworkouts have too much Caffeine for me.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
it sounds weird but eating makes you hungry, and what you eat can make you more or less hungry. so the easiest thing to do is to do fasting. sounds like youre eating appetizers all day ! lol
Fasting is fine for your every day people no problem about it but if you’re bodybuilding and carrying a certain amount of muscle fasting is just stupid.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Fasting is fine for your every day people no problem about it but if you’re bodybuilding and carrying a certain amount of muscle fasting is just stupid.
if your alternative to fasting is eating small amounts all day in a calorie deficit, then no I dont think it's stupid at all. you're gonna lose muscle both ways, but probably less with fasting

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Although never tried fasting myself, none of the coaches I've worked with have offered fasting as an alternative. We've had discussion about the different meal plans and how often to eat and get proteins in to allow optimal proteinsynthesis and whatnot and I think the consensus have been to have 4 meals (with protein) a day at minimun for optimal results. Can't remember the specifics on top of my head, but I've let myself come to the conclusion, that fasting as everyday nutrition plan is not optimal for most.

Last edited:
Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Although never tried fasting myself, none of the coaches I've worked with have offered fasting as an alternative. We've had discussion about the different meal plans and how often to eat and get proteins in to allow optimal proteinsynthesis and whatnot and I think the consensus have been to have 4 meals (with protein) a day at minimun for optimal results. Can't remember the spesifics on top of my head, but I've let myself come to the conclusion, that fasting as everyday nutrition plan is not optimal for most.
are you following jorn trommelen protein synthesis guidelines? last I heard he said we only have data on whey protein synthesis timing which absorbs fast. eating steak and other things likely stimulate protein synthesis for longer periods of time

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
if your alternative to fasting is eating small amounts all day in a calorie deficit, then no I dont think it's stupid at all. you're gonna lose muscle both ways, but probably less with fasting
Im talking about enhanced athletes. No you won’t lose muscle. Have you ever seen any competitior or high level coach suggest fasting? Nop. 0.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
are you following jorn trommelen protein synthesis guidelines? last I heard he said we only have data on whey protein synthesis timing which absorbs fast. eating steak and other things likely stimulate protein synthesis for longer periods of time
No, I'm not familiar with Trommelen. I'm from the dark north of Europe, so I'm probably not familiar with many big names in the field in the US. I understand the effect of how fast the food is digested though of course. I'll see if I can find what was the 4 meal minimum based on later today.

Last edited:
KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
For the record; I'm not planning on losing any muscle on my cut 😉 (putting it out there in the universe, lol)

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Lean Edge suppresses my appetite nicely.

Some things that work very well for me that don't get a lot of talk on here are high dosed Raspberry Ketones - 500 mg. 2 to 3 times per day. If I go above 2 caps per day, I find that I'm having to make myself eat or drink my shakes by the end of the day.

I think that's why even though RK-500 Xtreme doesn't get a lot of talk here on AM, that its a great selling product for us overall and with females, because of its effects on appetite.

I'm a fan of b-aet in general but it's never helped me with appetite control so that must be an individualized thing. A lot of people may not remember, but we first put out b-aet as Suppress-C under CEL all the way back in 2007/2008.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
That's interesting, but makes sense since many people get fat when they quit smoking. How many mg's a day you use, or do you just throw a bag under your lip when feel like it?
I mainly use pure nicotine pouches, which display mg vs The tobacco which doesn’t . Snus taste so good though lol but I try to avoid tobacco. But yeah I honestly like them for cardio and throughout the day .

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
40mg pseudoephedrine if you only need appetite suppression. Works well.

If you want increased metabolism/euphoria/performance/heart rate go with actual ephedrine (l like 12.5mg, half a Bronkaid Max). But the pseudafed is my go to suppressant on the first day of a fast if I need something, and it can be used in the evenings without disrupting my sleep the way ephedrine would.

Synephrine definitely lowers appetite some. 30mg caps from SNS always do the trick. Can combo with pseudoephedrine but wouldn’t recommend with actual ephedrine due to over-stimulation.

All of the DMAA/DMHA/amphetamine analogues also lower appetite. But if you can get pseudo and/or real ephedrine at your pharmacy they are cleaner/less harsh on the body for routine use IMO.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
40mg pseudoephedrine if you only need appetite suppression. Works well.

If you want increased metabolism/euphoria/performance/heart rate go with actual ephedrine (l like 12.5mg, half a Bronkaid Max). But the pseudafed is my go to suppressant on the first day of a fast if I need something, and it can be used in the evenings without disrupting my sleep the way ephedrine would.

Synephrine definitely lowers appetite some. 30mg caps from SNS always do the trick. Can combo with pseudoephedrine but wouldn’t recommend with actual ephedrine due to over-stimulation.

All of the DMAA/DMHA/amphetamine analogues also lower appetite. But if you can get pseudo and/or real ephedrine at your pharmacy they are cleaner/less harsh on the body for routine use IMO.
We can't get anything at our pharmacy without prescription, lol. I was hoping the Ephedra in "ECA" supps to be something close to the real deal, but apparently not, as Casper told above.

Synephrine is a good shout, as it isn't too strong of a stimulant for me. Have not used it in years, due to being dissapointed in the stimulant properties, but have never tried it for appetite suppressing. Will give it a try.

Yeah I wouldn't want to take those DMAA/DMHA -stuff daily and want to keep them as pwo's for the days of really low energy. Which is typically about once a month, but on a cut the frequency of need rises a bit.

Last edited:
sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Good call on that. I had thought about mentioning SYN-30 but was thinking the non-stimulant route. But synephrine gives me a good clean energy and definitely helps with appetite control.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good call on that. I had thought about mentioning SYN-30 but was thinking the non-stimulant route. But synephrine gives me a good clean energy and definitely helps with appetite control.
It’s really interesting because at 30mg it works really well as a background player, not in your face. I found I could take it 2 or even 3x a day without any issue when dieting. But if you drop it out, whoa do you realize how much it was helping with appetite control and energy.

One bottle of the SNS has lasted me an incredible period of time too. That’s the only solo product I’ve used of it.

johnny412

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
We can't get anything at our pharmacy without prescription, lol. I was hoping the Ephedra in "ECA" supps to be something close to the real deal, but apparently not, as Casper told above.

Synerphine is a good shout, as it isn't too strong of a stimulant for me. Have not used it in years, due to being dissapointed in the stimulant properties, but have never tried it for appetite suppressing. Will give it a try.

Yeah I wouldn't want to take those DMAA/DMHA -stuff daily and want to keep them as pwo's for the days of really low energy. Which is typically about once a month, but on a cut the frequency of need rises a bit.
guys synephrine is NOT a stimulant.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Interesting! I have zero education on it; never read a single paper. I can tell you it lowers my appetite, raises energy, increases heart rate, and I feel stimulated.

For all intents and purposes regarding practical use, that’s how I view it.

johnny412

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Interesting! I have zero education on it; never read a single paper. I can tell you it lowers my appetite, raises energy, increases heart rate, and I feel stimulated.

For all intents and purposes regarding practical use, that’s how I view it.
i thought so to in the past but i researched it some and they say its not a stimulant. i was shocked too

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I've allways thought of it as a stimulant too and that's how it was and probably still is marketed here. They even banned products having both caffeine and synephrine here some years ago, by our equvalient of the FDA. It was one of those things like the DMAA ban, where I think someone somewhere had gotten a bad (deadly?) reaction due to taking too much of it.

Last edited:
KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Took a quick look at Synephrine at our local supp store sites and it's mostly marketed as fat burner now. And pretty much all of the (positive) reviews mentiones the appetite suppressing quality first. Also increased swetting, increased heart rate and mild energy boost. And it's dirt cheap. Will definitely give it another chance, thanks guys. Looks like I was using it wrong before as I used it mainly as pwo or for energy boost.

Last edited:

johnny412

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Took a quick look at Synephrine at our local supp store sites and it's mostly marketed as fat burner now. And pretty much all of the (positive) reviews mentiones the appetite suppressing quality first. Also increased swetting, increased heart rate and mild energy boost. And it's dirt cheap. Will definitely give it another chance, thanks guys. Looks like I was using it wrong before as I used it mainly as pwo or for energy boost.
i have used it on a cut and i think it does work. i still have a bottle of primaforce syneburn i prolly need to use up lol

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Here is plenty to read on synephrine. I personally feel a pick me up from it regardless of what some of the research states.

OP
EAA's with 2tbsp of a quality psyllium. I use now foods and fiberlyze. I also start my hungry meals(meals I eat at the times of the day when appetite is the greatest, i don't know what else to call these lol) with about 7oz of raw carrot and one large cucumber with liberal Real Salt applied. I do this after drinking the psyllium. The large amount of fiber and the fact that it takes a while to eat all this ensure that when I finish my eggs and oats or chicken and rice I have had a full stomach for plenty of time to signal satiation. If I don't do this I eat too fast.

I recently had some dental work on a cracked tooth. For two months I had use of one side of my mouth only. I struggled to finish meals, and these are exact weighed out meals, that I used to devour and want more from. Slowing down really makes a difference. You can do little tricks as well like breaking the meal into two portions and even using smaller spoons and when the portions get really small use chopsticks.

ECA works until it wears off and I am left ravenous so it's a double edged sword for me. A good decaf coffee, for late night hunger, also works well. I HIGHLY recommend the Swanson Organic Decaf French Roast Whole Bean it is THE ONLY decaf I have ever had that you can't tell it's decaf. It is NOT watery crap like every other decaf I have had. They use the swiss water method too if that matters too you guys.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I'm sorry, but I think you're confused.

Synephrine is definitely a stimulant. I think what you're getting confused with is that Bitter Orange (parent plant) has been shown to not have any or very mild CNS stimulating properties but that's different than saying Synephrine itself isn't a stimulant.

The FDA has even made an issue about the HCI form (synthetic form) in the past because of its stimulant properties. That's why you will only see the natural version in most products now. It's the reason we ourselves changed SYN-30 from the HCI form to the herbal form. Which I'm glad we did though bc it sells much better now.

I never want to come off as being disagreeable but as someone who has sold it for over 10 years, I can assure you 100% that it is.

Our SYN-30 is a great value - 180 caps - 30 mg. per cap - 19.99 ea.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
It's a great fat burning ingredient and it is good for a mild pre-workout energy boost. I say mild, but it really depends on the dosage and individual response to it. At 30 mg., its pretty milk but when you get into the 60 to 90 mg. range some people get a pretty good energy rush from it.

megadeth

megadeth

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Semaglutide works like NOTHING I have ever tried AND the dosing is only once a wk.

megadeth

megadeth

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Do you have diabetes? What are you noticing (appetite reduction?)?
Yeah type 2. It TOTALLY wipes out your appetite. I started at .25 very good suppression. .50 even better. Almost at 1mg and I could probably go a wk without eating if I wanted.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Here is plenty to read on synephrine. I personally feel a pick me up from it regardless of what some of the research states.

OP
EAA's with 2tbsp of a quality psyllium. I use now foods and fiberlyze. I also start my hungry meals(meals I eat at the times of the day when appetite is the greatest, i don't know what else to call these lol) with about 7oz of raw carrot and one large cucumber with liberal Real Salt applied. I do this after drinking the psyllium. The large amount of fiber and the fact that it takes a while to eat all this ensure that when I finish my eggs and oats or chicken and rice I have had a full stomach for plenty of time to signal satiation. If I don't do this I eat too fast.

I recently had some dental work on a cracked tooth. For two months I had use of one side of my mouth only. I struggled to finish meals, and these are exact weighed out meals, that I used to devour and want more from. Slowing down really makes a difference. You can do little tricks as well like breaking the meal into two portions and even using smaller spoons and when the portions get really small use chopsticks.

ECA works until it wears off and I am left ravenous so it's a double edged sword for me. A good decaf coffee, for late night hunger, also works well. I HIGHLY recommend the Swanson Organic Decaf French Roast Whole Bean it is THE ONLY decaf I have ever had that you can't tell it's decaf. It is NOT watery crap like every other decaf I have had. They use the swiss water method too if that matters too you guys.
Great tips, thanks.

johnny412

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
i have used it on a cut and i think it does work. i still have a bottle of primaforce syneburn i prolly need to use up lol
I'm sorry, but I think you're confused.

Synephrine is definitely a stimulant. I think what you're getting confused with is that Bitter Orange (parent plant) has been shown to not have any or very mild CNS stimulating properties but that's different than saying Synephrine itself isn't a stimulant.

The FDA has even made an issue about the HCI form (synthetic form) in the past because of its stimulant properties. That's why you will only see the natural version in most products now. It's the reason we ourselves changed SYN-30 from the HCI form to the herbal form. Which I'm glad we did though bc it sells much better now.

I never want to come off as being disagreeable but as someone who has sold it for over 10 years, I can assure you 100% that it is.

Our SYN-30 is a great value - 180 caps - 30 mg. per cap - 19.99 ea.

yeah i have seen it argued both ways

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
sleep has always been the best suppressant for me. Both in that it reduces appetite, and when cutting gets harder at lower bf, just going to sleep earlier when possible means that I'm not eating. Eventually hunger starts waking you up it the later stages, but until then, nothing touches it, imo.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
sleep has always been the best suppressant for me. Both in that it reduces appetite, and when cutting gets harder at lower bf, just going to sleep earlier when possible means that I'm not eating. Eventually hunger starts waking you up it the later stages, but until then, nothing touches it, imo.
Great point! So fundamental, but really a huge one.

Drinking lots of water before/during meals also, on that note.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
For me, there have been two products that helped the most; Yohimbine HCL (at least for the first few weeks of each dosage bump while the stim effect is strongest) and SNS Lean Edge. The old shift also did decent as well but tis no more.

For stronger, ephedrine (I used to get it from canada) was also solid but for OTC lean edge and y hcl are my go-to's... and both are usually on sale somewhere for great prices... the best part is you can stack too since LE is non stim.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Semaglutide works like NOTHING I have ever tried AND the dosing is only once a wk.
Trying to get this scripted is very tough without type 2. It is also SUPER expensive. I have heard nothing but positives regarding appetite and hopefully with more adoption the availability to those with legit need will improve.

megadeth

megadeth

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Trying to get this scripted is very tough without type 2. It is also SUPER expensive. I have heard nothing but positives regarding appetite and hopefully with more adoption the availability to those with legit need will improve.
I got a hookup. Might offer it for research very reasonably if people are interested.

Last edited:
KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
This was my conclusion as well with quick Googling. However there's also a push to make it a prescription med for obesity in here. Like if your BMI is high enough and the doc sees the need/benefit, they could prescribe it solely to help the patient lose weight. I found that interesting.