Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
thats why the ursa
I never really looked at it before, looks interesting I just checked it out, it's out of stock tho lol. I'm actually most interested in the potential for reduced inflammation and increased endurance. 2 things I can always benifit from.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I never really looked at it before, looks interesting I just checked it out, it's out of stock tho lol. I'm actually most interested in the potential for reduced inflammation and increased endurance. 2 things I can always benifit from.
Definitely seemed to help my endurance a little.

You could try a 72 hour fast to really drive home some more fat loss. That should get you into keto, then stay keto the last 10 days. When you add carbs and drugs back the scale will go bananas!

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Definitely seemed to help my endurance a little.

You could try a 72 hour fast to really drive home some more fat loss. That should get you into keto, then stay keto the last 10 days. When you add carbs and drugs back the scale will go bananas!
My muscular endurance might be wore then my strength right now. I just did my push workout and I'm running out of gas before my planned working set I'm doing some light "cardio" on the eliptical right now and I could fall asleep.

I plan on dropping carbs twords the end, I just don't completely know when the end is yet lol.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
What's a fast? Is that some kind of racing device, I don't speak English
"No habla ingles" if you start to talk about cardio or fasting ;)

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
"No habla ingles" if you start to talk about cardio or fasting ;)
In the past I've always done fun stuff for my cardio. Mainly hiking and basketball and I do a couple boxing workouts w week.
But Im too busy with finishing up outside jobs for the year to hike or play ball right now and I had to put boxing on hold.

So cardio is basically 20min steady state on lifting days and 45min on rest days.

If I had time to hit the boxing gym the past month I'd probably already be single digits with no additional cardio

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In the past I've always done fun stuff for my cardio. Mainly hiking and basketball and I do a couple boxing workouts w week.
But Im too busy with finishing up outside jobs for the year to hike or play ball right now and I had to put boxing on hold.

So cardio is basically 20min steady state on lifting days and 45min on rest days.

If I had time to hit the boxing gym the past month I'd probably already be single digits with no additional cardio
If I just had elite genetics I’d probably already be an elite lifter…

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
So I'm not noticing any difference from 10 pumps to 12 or 15, I'm going to get 15 two or three more days and then probably just go back to 10 for the remainder. Just wanted to share lol

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Storytime, I usually cook in this house, but because I'm cleaning up my diet everyone is a little dissapointed in the dinners I've been making, I always try to make them healthier but I been doing much plainer stuff the past few days. So my girlfriend made dinner tonight. I was working so I didn't eat with them. After work I hit the gym and just ate about 15min ago.

She made some kind of chicken dripping in sauce and her great beans were smothered in butter and garlic, so I pulled out a strainer, threw a breast and a big bunch of green beans in and processed to rinse off the sauces with hot water and I hear "you mother fucker" I turned my head and she's standing there watching me wash off the extra calories with this look in her eyes like I cheated on her with her sister or something, pure evil. I said what, Im on a diet. She turned around and walked out the house and is still sitting on the front porch talking on the phone to her mother 🙄🙄😂😂😂. Idk if it's safe to go to sleep tonight.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
You have made considerable progress. When getting leaner like you have, it does take time for the body to adjust. You just have to wait it out and let the body become accustomed to the new state. Once you get to your goal, maintain it for a while and it will balance out. The suffering means you're making progress lol . If it was easy everyone would do it

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I really need to start doing this. I'm wanting to pick up a treadmill to add to my home gym then there will be no excuse for me to just hop on after my workout or on rest days!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Storytime, I usually cook in this house, but because I'm cleaning up my diet everyone is a little dissapointed in the dinners I've been making, I always try to make them healthier but I been doing much plainer stuff the past few days. So my girlfriend made dinner tonight. I was working so I didn't eat with them. After work I hit the gym and just ate about 15min ago.

She made some kind of chicken dripping in sauce and her great beans were smothered in butter and garlic, so I pulled out a strainer, threw a breast and a big bunch of green beans in and processed to rinse off the sauces with hot water and I hear "you mother fucker" I turned my head and she's standing there watching me wash off the extra calories with this look in her eyes like I cheated on her with her sister or something, pure evil. I said what, Im on a diet. She turned around and walked out the house and is still sitting on the front porch talking on the phone to her mother . Idk if it's safe to go to sleep tonight.
Ballsy my man! When your lady makes you dinner, you eat that ish. No matter what, LOL.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
You have made considerable progress. When getting leaner like you have, it does take time for the body to adjust. You just have to wait it out and let the body become accustomed to the new state. Once you get to your goal, maintain it for a while and it will balance out. The suffering means you're making progress lol . If it was easy everyone would do it
I definitely feel like I'm at a point I need to force myself through it, I got a tough work week going on so I'm probably burning a lot more then normal calories during the day.
I'm not suffering from a hunger standpoint, I'm good there, but I'm mentally drained. And strength is suffering.

Some of it I'm sure has nothing to do with this, I get that seasonal depression bullshit and I got a high stress environment at the moment.

But shits gotta get done

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
you mother f#$ker !! have a good day at work...
now go spend some time thinking about what you have done. 💩:LOL::ROFLMAO:🤡

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
, but I'm mentally drained. And strength is suffering.
I'm the same way. Sometimes I wonder if I had a more physical demanding career with less mental/mind stress if my workouts would be better, same, or worse?!

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'm the same way. Sometimes I wonder if I had a more physical demanding career with less mental/mind stress if my workouts would be better, same, or worse?!
For me the worst was when I was working on contstruction as a 'demolition man'. Completely beat up after every work day and having a lot of joint issues. By being young and determined, I still did my gym workouts, but it was difficult to progress and stay functional. Working for moving company was pretty tough too. Seriously don't understand how some people are able to do those type of jobs for decades. Respect.

Doing physically lighter construction work like building stuff rather than tearing it down was ok. Same with working as an electrician or at warehouses. Easy to stay lean doing these physically active jobs and could basically eat as much as I wanted. Cutting is easier too, but pretty rough to be on a calorie deficit, when doing physically demanding jobs imo.

Now that I've sat behind a desk for years and especially with the last 1,5 years working remotly from home I can eat myself fat with chicken salad (and have, lol). Mental stress is a bitch and some ways worse, than physical, cause' you can't escape it and it doesn't end, when the work day ends. But it doesn't hinder my lifting or doing athletics. Some times it's actually the only 2 hours in my days where I'm able to not think about work stuff.

So my experience is, that semi light physical job would be best for lifting and athletics. And mental stress affects less negatively lifting, than a physically demanding job.

Last edited:
Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Just checking in, was feeling kind of rundown so I took a few days off from the gym and a break from the diet. Somehow with no gym and kind of eating whatever I wanted I lost more weight lol. Got back on the diet yesterday stepped on the scale this morning body weight 184.8 lb.

I have to go back and double check but I believe over the course of this log I've lost about 11lb.

I'm going to put some progress pictures up Sunday, and then I'll put some more up after Thanksgiving cuz I plan on getting a rediculous amount of food that day.

Il also have test and e2 posted up before the end of the eclipse run. It looks like I've got about a half a bottle left

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
excerpt from post #246 :

but the easiest thing would be to eat at or just above maint for 3-4 days..
you have actually reset your metabolic rate. this actually will stoke the fires till you gorge.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Scale weight 183.0
The eclipse bottle is getting low so I will probably do a wrap up when I post up pictures in a few days.

Testosterone and estrogen came back at
919 and 29

For what it's worth, test is about where it always is and estrogen is lower then normal. Usually it will be mid to high 30's on 140-150mg of test cyp.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I'm also significantly leaner then last few times I had bloods so that could possibly have a part in it, but it seems like a significant drop in comparison to testosterone being the same

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
dude, I bet you are ready to smash plates on turkey day~ take your epichaos to help push nutrients into them hungy muskuls

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
dude, I bet you are ready to smash plates on turkey day
I definitely am! I wish I had an automatic calorie tracker to see who many calories I take in.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
dude, I bet you are ready to smash plates on turkey day~ take your epichaos to help push nutrients into them hungy muskuls
Sooooooo ready,
I definitely am! I wish I had an automatic calorie tracker to see who many calories I take in.
Theres a free app called "Macros"
It's the easiest app I've ever used, when you're setting it up for yourself it lets you pick how many meals you want per day, then under each meal it will say add food and you type in the food you want and it will give you all of its macros and calories.

I will be using it on Thanksgiving lol

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanksgiving is always great; it’s always enjoyable bulking or cutting. If I’m not trying to do damage, I just do all the little tricks so I can enjoy with my family without overdoing it. Fast til the meal, no snacking on the mindless stuff prior, drink a lot of water right before, limit myself to one heaping plate and one desert, avoid drinking calories or adding toppings I don’t really care about. That lets me really enjoy the family meal and calories stay under 2k.

If you wanna blow it out, hit all the cheese & crackers, dips etc for hours prior (warmup). Only drink beverages with calories (easy gains). Add butter, gravy, sauce, cranberries to every last thing (makes it slide down faster & more calories), get seconds (don’t be a quitter), & have multiple pieces of pie until you are sweating and you have to undo your belt/button (there’s always room for a bit more sweets).

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Thanksgiving is always great; it’s always enjoyable bulking or cutting. If I’m not trying to do damage, I just do all the little tricks so I can enjoy with my family without overdoing it. Fast til the meal, no snacking on the mindless stuff prior, drink a lot of water right before, limit myself to one heaping plate and one desert, avoid drinking calories or adding toppings I don’t really care about. That lets me really enjoy the family meal and calories stay under 2k.

If you wanna blow it out, hit all the cheese & crackers, dips etc for hours prior (warmup). Only drink beverages with calories (easy gains). Add butter, gravy, sauce, cranberries to every last thing (makes it slide down faster & more calories), get seconds (don’t be a quitter), & have multiple pieces of pie until you are sweating and you have to undo your belt/button (there’s always room for a bit more sweets).
My plan is to eat the protein and the desserts, so turkey and gravy with Chocolate pie, pork tenderloin with sweet potato pie, Then prime rib and cheesecake.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
My plan is to eat the protein and the desserts, so turkey and gravy with Chocolate pie, pork tenderloin with sweet potato pie, Then prime rib and cheesecake.
It might be easier to list what you're not going to eat ;)

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Bodyweight 182.6

Anyone got any subtle tricks to pull a little water weight off in 48hrs that's not extreme

I mean I know how I would do it to make weight for a fight but I don't wanna do that. I'm thinking more along the lines of something quick like a natural diuretic or take a little nolvadex.

I'm happy with how I look right now but I feel like I could drop a tiny bit of water and look a little better. I'd like to get a couple good pictures before I stuff my face Thursday lol

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I was thinking dandelion root tea 3x a day and some nolvadex before bed

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I was thinking dandelion root tea 3x a day and some nolvadex before bed
I was going to say dandelion root and/or Proviron. I don't know how effective the dandelion tea is though, compared to dandelion supps. Like do you get enough of it from drinking tea.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
you're probably going to look amazballs the day after anyhow. I wouldnt worry too much about pulling water out.. I would be trying to draw more into the muscles so as to really drive the gycogen home~ 20 grams of creatine might be rad.

you might even do a total body depletion work out the day before~

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
you're probably going to look amazballs the day after anyhow. I wouldnt worry too much about pulling water out.. I would be trying to draw more into the muscles so as to really drive the gycogen home~ 20 grams of creatine might be rad.

you might even do a total body depletion work out the day before~
I actually planned on doing a full body workout tomorrow and 2 cardio sessions. I know there's no real quick fix. I'm more just thinking along the lines of anything that may possibly help in the slightest bit that's not extreme.

I'm nowhere near bodybuilding shredded, I'm just lean. There's still some lower ab fat I can't magically make disappear overnight, was just kind of hoping I could suck a little water out and create the illusion.

I haven't taken creatine in a few months so that might actually be a good idea for Thursday. I would be throwing it back in soon anyways so why not.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I was going to say dandelion root and/or Proviron. I don't know how effective the dandelion tea is though, compared to dandelion supps. Like do you get enough of it from drinking tea.
I honestly have no clue, I just know that dandelion root is a natural diuretic and I happen to see a couple bags of diuretic dandelion root tea at my mother's house yesterday 😂😂😂

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Bodyweight 182.6

Anyone got any subtle tricks to pull a little water weight off in 48hrs that's not extreme

I mean I know how I would do it to make weight for a fight but I don't wanna do that. I'm thinking more along the lines of something quick like a natural diuretic or take a little nolvadex.

I'm happy with how I look right now but I feel like I could drop a tiny bit of water and look a little better. I'd like to get a couple good pictures before I stuff my face Thursday lol
Maybe I'm missing something here, but I'd think that a little Aromasin would work better than a little Nolvadex for this.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Dandelion/herbal diuretic tea and lowering sodium heavily is simplest. Take a B Complex and a couple grams of Vitamjn C several times in the day.

For more profound drying out, entirely eliminate all sodium. That basically means fresh home-cooked whatever with no condiments besides Mrs Dash salt-free or Nu-Salt (granulated potassium). Then switch 100% of your liquid intake to distilled water, and drink 2 gallons a day. Flushes your electrolytes right out. That’s normally done when you are no longer training, as cramping and fatigue can become big issues quickly.

Lastly, you could take a full dose of milk of magnesia to squirt your poop tube empty, which will visually bring the waist in tighter and drop scale weight. You can’t do this one if you aren’t home for the evening, or you’ll probably **** your pants in public. The squirts come on strong until the mag has been eliminated. Don’t trust a fart.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Maybe I'm missing something here, but I'd think that a little Aromasin would work better than a little Nolvadex for this.
I don't know why I keep saying nolvadex, I have a bunch of nolvadex kicking around but you are correct, aromasin/exemestane is what I mean. I got a bunch of 12.5mg exem tablets sitting in the drawer too.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thats a little more reasonable lol
Welcome to competition water cuts. You didn’t even get the prescription for no carbs/salt for 3 days before a 20-30hr dry fast, or the days of slamming distilled water leading up to the fast

Also, if you smear your body with Albolene before the sauna or hot baths it speeds up the sweating by insulating you. So you can enjoy that sensual removal process after while your girlfriend removed the sweat and goop with a credit card

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Welcome to competition water cuts. You didn’t even get the prescription for no carbs/salt for 3 days before a 20-30hr dry fast, or the days of slamming distilled water leading up to the fast

Also, if you smear your body with Albolene before the sauna or hot baths it speeds up the sweating by insulating you. So you can enjoy that sensual removal process after while your girlfriend removed the sweat and goop with a credit card
😂😂😂

I use to just do it poor man style for wrestling and boxing matches.

2 days out you do all your workouts wearing a black trash bag with holes cut out for your arms and head and 2 sweat suits over the top, Epsom salt bath at night. the day of weigh in you eat nothing, chew gum and spit in a cup all day while never sitting still.

As stupid as it sounds it was nothing to drop 10lbs in 2 days.

That same practice above but water loading 2 days before and then cutting salt will turn that into 20lbs

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I hated doing. My senior year of highschool I told the coach I wasn't cutting weight this year and came in up 2 weight classes, after his initial meltdown I ended up going 31-1 and winning the conference title.

I really think sucking weight took so much strength and energy that it made ppl worse

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I hated doing. My senior year of highschool I told the coach I wasn't cutting weight this year and came in up 2 weight classes, after his initial meltdown I ended up going 31-1 and winning the conference title.

I really think sucking weight took so much strength and energy that it made ppl worse
Absolutely, all of that stuff is way too far out to be dehydrated, and then you don’t have time to get the weight back on with wrestling either. So dumb.

I always shake my head these days when I see people sweating more than 12 hours out from a comp. Its 2021 and there’s a lot more info out there!

Sour icebreakers I like even better than gum, I have found. No chewing required; another technological wonder

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I'm gonna put a few up now in case I screw something up trying to suck out some water lol.
These were yesterday after work