Anyone worried if Corona virus keeps spreading the gyms will shut down?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
That would be disappointing! If not vaccinations I don’t know what the answer is.
@UKG
there is a 'vaccine' for the flu but many don't even bother getting it, ever wonder why?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Only time I ever catch the flu is when I get a flu shot. I stopped getting flu shots and haven’t had the flu since.
i looked it up, only 45% of Americans get the flu vaccine...geez!!!

and all these guys put so much faith in this covid vaccine, lol.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
i looked it up, only 45% of Americans get the flu vaccine...geez!!!

and all these guys put so much faith in this covid vaccine, lol.
What does the flu vaccine have anything to do with the covid vaccine? Lol. Your logical gymnastics never cease to amaze me.

Does that mean that the pneumoccocal vaccine, tetanus vaccine, diptheria vaccine, pertussis vaccine, meningococcal vaccine, hepatitis B vaccine, haemophilus influenza vaccine, varicella vaccine, measles vaccine, mumps vaccine, & rubella vaccine all have something to do with the effectiveness of the covid vaccine too?

Its also physically impossible for you to get actual influenza from the flu vaccine. Like the influenza that causes a respiratory syndrome, not the “stomach flu” where youre puking & shitting at the same time that everyone thinks is influenza. Which you cant get from the vaccine either, for the record.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
What does the flu vaccine have anything to do with the covid vaccine? Lol. Your logical gymnastics never cease to amaze me.

Does that mean that the pneumoccocal vaccine, tetanus vaccine, diptheria vaccine, pertussis vaccine, meningococcal vaccine, hepatitis B vaccine, haemophilus influenza vaccine, varicella vaccine, measles vaccine, mumps vaccine, & rubella vaccine all have something to do with the effectiveness of the covid vaccine too?

Its also physically impossible for you to get actual influenza from the flu vaccine. Like the influenza that causes a respiratory syndrome, not the “stomach flu” where youre puking & shitting at the same time that everyone thinks is influenza. Which you cant get from the vaccine either, for the record.
ah, here you are again.....wasting time away-eh?

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Since the vaccination programme got underway in the Uk cases have dropped week on week. I’d say it appears to be working pretty well.
No saying what impact variants will have of course but I’m not sure how you can argue against the vaccine being effective here.
No way you could correlate the two. It’s an assumption.

U

UKG

Awards
  • First Up Vote
No way you could correlate the two. It’s an assumption.
Yeah it’s just a huge coincidence. So the rest of Europe is behind on vaccinations and they’re still struggling with cases. The UK done 65% of adults and numbers have fallen sharply. But yeah you’re right, I’m just assuming there’s a link. It’s probably nothing to do with it hey?!

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yeah it’s just a huge coincidence. So the rest of Europe is behind on vaccinations and they’re still struggling with cases. The UK done 65% of adults and numbers have fallen sharply. But yeah you’re right, I’m just assuming there’s a link. It’s probably nothing to do with it hey?!
It could be. Yes it could be coincidence. Just no way of never knowing from a scientific standpoint.

U

UKG

Awards
  • First Up Vote
It could be. Yes it could be coincidence. Just no way of never knowing from a scientific standpoint.
Ok, if you prefer to think that there’s no connection between that’s cool. I prefer to believe that there’s a clear connection and the continued progress of the vaccination programme will see us returning to pre covid normality in the fullness of time. I’m well aware this will lead some to call me a sheep, sleep walking into total slavery of the elite satanic 5G wielding monsters who plan to depopulate us useless fools. I’ll take my chances.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
if the protection IS only good for 6 months then all of those people who have been vaccinated will have used up protection just in time for next seasons cold and flu season-eh?

based on my moms assisted living residence the vaccination is not nearly as effective as they claim it is....i can either judge the vaccination based on my personal experience or trust the government and what they are telling me we us :unsure:

diben is a :poop:

U

UKG

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I have a friend in the health service who has been saying there’s lots of talk of another wave (within the health service) when the first vaccines being to wear off (for want of a better term). I’d assume vaccination boosters would be the logical step? It seems this is accepted and won’t catch governments cold this time. It’s being planned for.

BamBam54

BamBam54

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
If boosters are a given, and likely yearly adventure of a never ending cycle of shots for hundreds of millions of Americans (by the time they complete its time to start again).... its not all that different from getting sick and the natural temporary immunity... and the virus changing each season. Sound familiar?

It's the yearly flu times 10-20x for the foreseeable future?? Concentrate efforts on those at higher risk in a speedier process, and everyone else go back to work and school.

Jabbing kids under 20 is ridiculous compared to the risk factor. And only slows down the help seriously needed for the sick and elderly with time/money/vaccine/doctors all a finite supply

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Maybe there will be another wave because there is a still a bunch of diabetic mobility scooter riding fatties stuffing their pie holes at the buffet and this virus has been trying it’s best to eliminate those who obviously don’t care about themselves anyway. Then we all lock down only prolonging the madness.

Here’s what needs to happen. Screw the vaccines. Line everyone up and stick the virus into everyone. Let the chips fall where they may. Healthy people aren’t exactly dying from this thing, but we damn sure are suffering because disgusting fat slobs have no self control.

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Maybe there will be another wave because there is a still a bunch of diabetic mobility scooter riding fatties stuffing their pie holes at the buffet and this virus has been trying it’s best to eliminate those who obviously don’t care about themselves anyway. Then we all lock down only prolonging the madness.

Here’s what needs to happen. Screw the vaccines. Line everyone up and stick the virus into everyone. Let the chips fall where they may. Healthy people aren’t exactly dying from this thing, but we damn sure are suffering because disgusting fat slobs have no self control.
Bro are you like this in real life or just online?! you would be entertaining to have a beer with. Remind me if my brother in law in the army haha

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Bro are you like this in real life or just online?! you would be entertaining to have a beer with. Remind me if my brother in law in the army haha
I have been told I lack a filter, whatever that means.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Nice, and if your mother was asthmatic and/or diabetic due to genetic inheritance just line her up too right? I mean screw it, she deserves to die just for not being healthy I guess.

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nice, and if your mother was asthmatic and/or diabetic due to genetic inheritance just line her up too right? I mean screw it, she deserves to die just for not being healthy I guess.
As opposed to shutting the world down? Spare me. There is no valid reason for these shutdowns, lockdowns, oppressive regimes, tyrants, and illogical mandates. Let the chips fall where they may. The gene pool needs some strengthening anyway. Look at all the sissies and betas we have running around. This is because we have propped up and coddled the stupid and weak.

Remove all warning labels on everything and stick everyone with the virus. Let’s make stupid hurt again.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
As opposed to shutting the world down? Spare me. There is no valid reason for these shutdowns, lockdowns, oppressive regimes, tyrants, and illogical mandates. Let the chips fall where they may. The gene pool needs some strengthening anyway. Look at all the sissies and betas we have running around. This is because we have propped up and coddled the stupid and weak.

Remove all warning labels on everything and stick everyone with the virus. Let’s make stupid hurt again.
I do at least agree with stupidity of all the shut downs. Let's get the world up and running again !!

BamBam54

BamBam54

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Today is July 1st, the official end of covid restrictions and masks here in Baltimore, MD. But I'll tell you, the social conditioning phobia is stroooong!

I am a nervous wreck. Nothing on the news. No celebrations. Old signs still all over my building.

I have a mask in my bag just in case, and am hiding in my office. Snuck up to the bathroom once and ran back, didn't see anyone.

And I am against the covid restrictions and masks etc when curve is flat/falling!! What must other people be thinking? The peer pressure and long term society conditioning is damaging, like psychological warfare.

theswede

theswede

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Today is July 1st, the official end of covid restrictions and masks here in Baltimore, MD. But I'll tell you, the social conditioning phobia is stroooong!

I am a nervous wreck. Nothing on the news. No celebrations. Old signs still all over my building.

I have a mask in my bag just in case, and am hiding in my office. Snuck up to the bathroom once and ran back, didn't see anyone.

And I am against the covid restrictions and masks etc when curve is flat/falling!! What must other people be thinking? The peer pressure and long term society conditioning is damaging, like psychological warfare.
I feel you man! It's crazy here with some folks too! Just the other week, we went to a BBQ and thee vaccination topic came up. A couple was proudly bragging that they were vaccinated. Not that there's anything wrong with being vaccinated of course, but the way they were bragging about it was so obnoxious. I told them we weren't yet, we were still waiting to see what's up with the vaccines. She literally looked at me like I was a leper and stepped back and said "Well why aren't you wearing a mask?!?!" I was like "Excuse me??" and she kept staring at me. I pointedly said "Why do you care? You're vaccinated?" As you can see, the media hype has people all kinds of fucked up, and the logic has left the buiding!

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I feel you man! It's crazy here with some folks too! Just the other week, we went to a BBQ and thee vaccination topic came up. A couple was proudly bragging that they were vaccinated. Not that there's anything wrong with being vaccinated of course, but the way they were bragging about it was so obnoxious. I told them we weren't yet, we were still waiting to see what's up with the vaccines. She literally looked at me like I was a leper and stepped back and said "Well why aren't you wearing a mask?!?!" I was like "Excuse me??" and she kept staring at me. I pointedly said "Why do you care? You're vaccinated?" As you can see, the media hype has people all kinds of fucked up, and the logic has left the buiding!
My family and I are waiting to see some more well established data on the vaccines. Not a big fan that people are still getting sick and dying after getting it, and apparently dying from the vaccine itself.

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Be bold and show others they can be bold! You got this!

I have a few people who were on the fence tell me that because of me not wearing a mask that they felt okay to take theirs off. They lit up like Christmas trees to be in social settings un muzzled. It was beautiful and sad at the same time. That’s what when people say, “it’s just a mask” I shake my head because it goes much deeper than that for some people.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

I must be missing something. What are you nervous about?

BamBam54

BamBam54

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I must be missing something. What are you nervous about?
Nervous about getting chased out of town by villagers with torches. Corporate might still require employees to mask up, which makes the stakes a lot higher.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Nervous about getting chased out of town by villagers with torches. Corporate might still require employees to mask up, which makes the stakes a lot higher.
Gotcha. I've been in Ohio, PA and VA over the past 2 weeks and barely anyone is wearing masks anymore. We've stopped as well.

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah stop watching CNN and just live your life like you want to. Working great for most Americans that don't find excuses for themselves.
This. If you turn the news off this scam virus doesn’t even exist. I don’t even own a mask. Can’t remember last time wearing a stupid mask. Even our hospitals don’t require them. I travelled all over the place and walk around without one. I enjoy watching people purposely keep their distance. That works out great for me.

theswede

theswede

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
OMG where do you guys live? In Florida and thank God for that. Can't believe what I read, can't remember the last time I wore a mask. Sorry for you guys.
Knoxville. But don’t worry, I haven’t worn a mask since July of 2020 lol!

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
CT must be a wierd place... they asked us to do the mask thing and it was NBD. People did it and I never saw or heard of anyone doing any of the anti-mask freakout stuff.

Then they said masks were done and pretty much everyone went back to normal and moreover the done with mask people and the few still masking people seem to be living in harmony...

Fucking wierd, right?

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
CT must be a wierd place... they asked us to do the mask thing and it was NBD. People did it and I never saw or heard of anyone doing any of the anti-mask freakout stuff.

Then they said masks were done and pretty much everyone went back to normal and moreover the done with mask people and the few still masking people seem to be living in harmony...

Fucking wierd, right?
Wait, you mean, people actually act like adults there?!

theswede

theswede

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
So did the places that didn’t mask up though.
Agreed. I'mm confused at this thread now because it sounds like some folks are saying us folks that decide to to mask up are adding to hysteria. The only hysteria I have seen/heard is by folks that mask up and expect others to mask up.

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Agreed. I'mm confused at this thread now because it sounds like some folks are saying us folks that decide to to mask up are adding to hysteria. The only hysteria I have seen/heard is by folks that mask up and expect others to mask up.
There is the live and let live crowd and then there is the Karen crowd. The militant pro maskers are the ones making a big deal. It’s simple, if you think your stupid mask will stop a particle that is physically smaller than the openings of the mask then wear your stupid mask. But leave me the hell alone.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
They officially removed the mandates a couple weeks ago here in CA. But, you still see people wearing masks when driving solo in their cars. I don't judge people who wear them into stores and in proximity to people...they may have an immune disorder. But, I still see arguments on the next door app of people complaining people are not still masking up...just because some are still quite fearful. The propaganda out here was pretty intense. I've had countless people yell at me for not masking up on the hiking trails - we're outside, and not in proximity. additionally, I still see people hiking solo with masks on.

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
United in their obstinance!
And the end result was the same so what was the point? You call it stubborn, but that would only be sound reasoning if it had negative consequences. It didn’t. The greatest devastation remains to be in the areas with tighter controls and gestapo level mask and movement enforcement.

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
And the end result was the same so what was the point? You call it stubborn, but that would only be sound reasoning if it had negative consequences. It didn’t. The greatest devastation remains to be in the areas with tighter controls and gestapo level mask and movement enforcement.
I just like the idea that as a community our answer to the question "Could you do this one very easy thing? We think it will help." was "Yeah, sure." 🤷‍♂️

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I just like the idea that as a community our answer to the question "Could you do this one very easy thing? We think it will help." was "Yeah, sure." 🤷‍♂️
That’s great your community came together. Here, as soon as fake news fauci started to be as accurate as an Oklahoma Meteorologist I stopped giving a **** what they said and so did everyone else here. Life moved on.

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
That’s great your community came together. Here, as soon as fake news fauci started to be as accurate as an Oklahoma Meteorologist I stopped giving a **** what they said and so did everyone else here. Life moved on.
I can completely understand trust in public health officials being diminished at this point.

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I can completely understand trust in public health officials being diminished at this point.
It’s beyond diminished. It is now non existent. If a public official (not limited to health) were to come out right now and profess that the sky is blue and water is wet, I would treat it as the rest of the lies they spewed. I am disgusted with the whole system. All of it.

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It’s beyond diminished. It is now non existent. If a public official (not limited to health) were to come out right now and profess that the sky is blue and water is wet, I would treat it as the rest of the lies they spewed. I am disgusted with the whole system. All of it.
I knew as I typed that word, I'd probably get this response. Like I said, I can understand diminished but if we can't agree with an ideological adversary that water is wet... 🤦‍♂️