Anyone worried if Corona virus keeps spreading the gyms will shut down?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Why is the rest of the world dying from this virus at the rate they are if it is an American health isuse and why is the world all practicing what the devil Dems are asking Americans to do if this is a cover up? You guys live in such myopia it's ridiculous.

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Why is the rest of the world dying from this virus at the rate they are if it is an American health isuse and why is the world all practicing what the devil Dems are asking Americans to do if this is a cover up? You guys live in such myopia it's ridiculous.
Hardly. I just don’t buy the BS the dickhead politicians and the lying media are selling. Healthy people aren’t keeling over and dying from this. Let’s shut it all down so bubba can live to have another day eating McDonald’s and 32oz fountain drinks.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Listen, I disagree with the shutdown approach and feel that it will do far more harm than good. But I also cannot understand the mentality of people trying to act and say that this is a hoax or somehow made up like it is some American thing. Is it as bad as they say- who really knows at this point. Hell, I have very healthy friends that spent weeks in the hospital because of this and doctors still don't know the lingering effects it will have. All this has turned into a finger pointing from both political parties and now their follows go along blindly with whatever moronic thing their party believes.

Edit- and I hate the media for doing what they are doing because it is just to scare people even more.

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
What’s scary is how much they have accomplished with releasing this virus. Maybe it will be enough so that they wont feel they have to release stronger versions with additional gain of functions.

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Listen, I disagree with the shutdown approach and feel that it will do far more harm than good. But I also cannot understand the mentality of people trying to act and say that this is a hoax or somehow made up like it is some American thing. Is it as bad as they say- who really knows at this point. Hell, I have very healthy friends that spent weeks in the hospital because of this and doctors still don't know the lingering effects it will have. All this has turned into a finger pointing from both political parties and now their follows go along blindly with whatever moronic thing their party believes.

Edit- and I hate the media for doing what they are doing because it is just to scare people even more.
This is apolitical for me. My dickhead republican mayor and governor are far from people I have any love for. This is me looking at the evidence I have seen. The illogical orders. The horrible shutdowns. The fact that MOST people will never know they had it. It’s a clown show and I will treat it as such. I will live my life. As of right now the risk of me dying from slipping in the shower is far greater than from the big bad China bug.

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I do have to give some credit to this virus regarding politics. It has made me realize that all politicians are a bunch of buttlickers that I wouldn’t spit on if they were on fire in front of me. Republicans or democrats. They are all chumps, losers, conmen, and they should all be swinging from a rope. So thank you Kung flu for turning me off from politics and making me realize that both parties are different butt cheeks of the same ass.

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That we can agree on. They all make me sick and every time I see one on television non stop lying, I want to punch them in the face.
For sure. I have pretty vivid fantasies of doing that believe me.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
1) I choose Fox because it’s well known and mainstream. Not using OANN as my reference of choice lol.
2) Fox isn’t getting too far left. They are just telling the current occupant he lost. What a shame someone is doing some math these days, right?
3) Bret Baier and Chris Wallace are pretty honest reporters. Tucker Carlson always feigns ignorance like some kind of jackass and that stunt got old after the first time.
4) I prefer to get my news & opinion fill from Michael Smerconish on SiriusXM. More down the middle & good insight from people who call in from all walks of life. Mindlessly tuning into any big program whether it be OANN, FOX, CNN, or NBC is for lazy people.
i suppose their is a purpose of some kind for this post but other than you liking to argue with everything i post i can't find it...i guess i should be flattered? :p

Hilltern

Awards
  • First Up Vote
i suppose their is a purpose of some kind for this post but other than you liking to argue with everything i post i can't find it...i guess i should be flattered? :p
To be fair you start it so I’m equally as flattered and I’m just returning in kind 😘. I can’t ever be too bent out of shape about the virus talk on here though - I’m not here for the hard hitting biotech news. I’m here for the roid talk haha.

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
To be fair you start it so I’m equally as flattered and I’m just returning in kind . I can’t ever be too bent out of shape about the virus talk on here though - I’m not here for the hard hitting biotech news. I’m here for the roid talk haha.
These threads are to manage the aggression from said roids. Think of it as an outlet.

BamBam54

BamBam54

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I know you don't want to hear this, and will refuse to believe the numbers.... but I just did the math and Covid currently kills more than all of those other causes of death you humorously listed above, COMBINED.

Right now Covid is killing about 1500 Americans each day (using the 7 day average).

Obesity kills 300k/year, or 822/day

Suicide kills 123/day

Starvation kills 0.9/100,000 annually, or 8/day

Flu kills apx 40k/year, or 109/day

US War deaths are currently less than 1/day

And could not find US child trafficking deaths, but saw 1388 US citizens each year. Unknown how many die, but at 25% its less than 1/day

I was surprised by the numbers, but still not worth shutting down the entire economy for a 0.3-0.5 fatal virus. It's not fun, but we gotta keep moving forward... doing the best we can to protect those most at-risk, and doing our individual best to reduce the spread.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Just FYI, whilst the healthy are not generally suffering death from covid, there is an emerging link between people who train hard and long covid impact in otherwise healthy people.,,,,apparently they believe it’s because hard training athletes delete NAD levels (this also explains the impact on the elderly who have lower NAD naturally).

whilst I hate the ‘a friend of mine’ stories it does so happen that a girl I train with who is in crazy shape is really struggling to get over it (3 weeks later and a 20 min walk knackers het).

10 year old just died in the uk so whilst it’s less common it’s not just the fat and obese dying. I’m also still married to a respiratory consultant so quite literally I get the first hand medical view

my personal view is that it’s definitely a problem but that it’s been mishandled in the UK and the USA.

however, the challenge the politicians have faced is that not enough people have been happy to adopt a precautionary approach thus forcing them (in their opinion) to enforce a lockdown.

the politicians should have been able to get a collective responsibility mentality from the off and been clearer in the approach. In the uk the government have flip flopped from one approach to another (for example wearing masks was totally not needed at one point, now it’s mandatory) so they’ve lost credibility and more people refuse to comply thus leading to harsher restrictions

just my view but in both the uk and usa, had everyone adopted a voluntarily policy of wearing masks, avoided large crowds and sanitised frequently from the off we could have avoided a massive spike to begin with.

small restrictions might have irritated a few people but most would have gone along with it imo as it wouldn’t have massively impacted life

the harsher restrictions just weren’t sustainable and when people almost actively rebelled against them.

Sweden is a decent example of what I mean. Couple of small restrictions (banned large gatherings etc) but people followed voluntarily social distancing and while they’ve definitely been hit quite hard it’s not been crazy and probably an acceptable middle ground

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just FYI, whilst the healthy are not generally suffering death from covid, there is an emerging link between people who train hard and long covid impact in otherwise healthy people.,,,,apparently they believe it’s because hard training athletes delete NAD levels (this also explains the impact on the elderly who have lower NAD naturally).

whilst I hate the ‘a friend of mine’ stories it does so happen that a girl I train with who is in crazy shape is really struggling to get over it (3 weeks later and a 20 min walk knackers het).

10 year old just died in the uk so whilst it’s less common it’s not just the fat and obese dying. I’m also still married to a respiratory consultant so quite literally I get the first hand medical view

my personal view is that it’s definitely a problem but that it’s been mishandled in the UK and the USA.

however, the challenge the politicians have faced is that not enough people have been happy to adopt a precautionary approach thus forcing them (in their opinion) to enforce a lockdown.

the politicians should have been able to get a collective responsibility mentality from the off and been clearer in the approach. In the uk the government have flip flopped from one approach to another (for example wearing masks was totally not needed at one point, now it’s mandatory) so they’ve lost credibility and more people refuse to comply thus leading to harsher restrictions

just my view but in both the uk and usa, had everyone adopted a voluntarily policy of wearing masks, avoided large crowds and sanitised frequently from the off we could have avoided a massive spike to begin with.

small restrictions might have irritated a few people but most would have gone along with it imo as it wouldn’t have massively impacted life

the harsher restrictions just weren’t sustainable and when people almost actively rebelled against them.

Sweden is a decent example of what I mean. Couple of small restrictions (banned large gatherings etc) but people followed voluntarily social distancing and while they’ve definitely been hit quite hard it’s not been crazy and probably an acceptable middle ground
Not to mention the illogical approach to mandates, closures, and restrictions. Let’s close churches but open liquor stores. Let’s open bars but close schools. Hundreds can attend the funeral of a drugged out thug but can’t attend grandmas funeral. It’s no problem to go out and riot and protest but don’t have your family over for the holidays. Who the hell is going to take those clowns serious. I wish all the politicians would catch China virus.

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Thank you! I take Niacin semi regularly and really like it. Also have some ketotifin laying around (mast cell stabilizer)

I’ve been quit sick for about 5 days but don’t really see what good getting a covid test will actually do? Someone convince me either way? 🤷🏼‍♂️
if you do have covid you are contagious and are a carrier. getting tested would let you know if quarantine is necessary.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
There’s free testing offered if anyone is worried for their family

I took a test even though had no symptoms or any sort just to do it and to put mine at ease bc I traveled on holidays and have a lil kid.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
There’s free testing offered if anyone is worried for their family

I took a test even though had no symptoms or any sort just to do it and to put mine at ease bc I traveled on holidays and have a lil kid.
i appreciate you for this, good man!!!

not to mention all the at risk people you might come in contact with!!!

i've been tested twice, once back in march when i was in contact with someone who tested positive and 2 weeks ago for same reason...i have 4 grandkids, two of whom have breathing issues!!!

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
if you do have covid you are contagious and are a carrier. getting tested would let you know if quarantine is necessary.
Just out of courtesy for others don’t plan on being close to anyone just like if I had the cold or flu.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Just out of courtesy for others don’t plan on being close to anyone just like if I had the cold or flu.
14 days of quarantine-eh?

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
For the record, even if you tested negative thered be a 10 day quarantine from the date your symptoms began that would be recommended to you. Assuming you had symptoms consistent with Covid infection.

After 5 days of symptoms the RT-PCR is fairly reliable but it still isnt flawless. The risk of false negatives with rapid testing is why theres still a quarantine recommended.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
For the record, even if you tested negative thered be a 10 day quarantine from the date your symptoms began that would be recommended to you. Assuming you had symptoms consistent with Covid infection.

After 5 days of symptoms the RT-PCR is fairly reliable but it still isnt flawless. The risk of false negatives with rapid testing is why theres still a quarantine recommended.
i got the long q-tip type thing way up my nostril, is the rapid test different?

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Thanks for the info. I like the word “recommended” but still think I’ll just stay off the radar and treat this like a normal human treats illness and not give in or add to the hysteria. I mean if I was being hospitalized I would be dramatic sure.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
i got the long q-tip type thing way up my nostril, is the rapid test different?
The swab up the nose can be used to collect a sample for a rapid antigen test, rapid nucleic amplification test, or RT-PCR test.

Thanks for the info. I like the word “recommended” but still think I’ll just stay off the radar and treat this like a normal human treats illness and not give in or add to the hysteria. I mean if I was being hospitalized I would be dramatic sure.
Hey, all medical providers can do is make a recommendation. Its up to you to do with that what you want. For better and for worse, thats the way it is.

Smart thinking. I wish more people had that same mindset.

BamBam54

BamBam54

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Couple really bad days recently, each one killing as many Americans as on 9/11. Three times in a week. Pretty heavy when you think of it that way.

Vaccines rolling out now so we shall see how quickly it works and its measure of safety. I'll probably wait extra long for my turn, just to make sure it's all good. If anyone gets the vaccine jab, post here with some feedback please.

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Couple really bad days recently, each one killing as many Americans as on 9/11. Three times in a week. Pretty heavy when you think of it that way.

Vaccines rolling out now so we shall see how quickly it works and its measure of safety. I'll probably wait extra long for my turn, just to make sure it's all good. If anyone gets the vaccine jab, post here with some feedback please.
Well comparing it to a tragic event is a form of fear mongering. Waiting on the vaccine is smart. I suggest 20 years before getting it.

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yeah need to look at numbers- Florida 95% have not tested positive and 99.9% have not died. And Florida last I checked was number 3 as most cases? Scare tactics for sure.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
the KHN reports that from january 2013 to october 2018 almost 8,000 medications were recalled by pharmaceutical companies across the united states and abroad.

drug recalls are actions taken by a firm to remove a drug from market.

Bigmatt57

Bigmatt57

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Tuberculosis is a highly infectious disease that kills 1.5 million people per year. Every 22 seconds someone dies of tuberculosis. Covid-19 morality rate is 0.01-0.05%. While tuberculosis is 12-13%. I seriously wouldn’t be surprised if in 10-20 years this is the new pandemic. But hundreds times more deadly. If we are panicking over a disease that statistical data shows is extremely harmless for most people. Wtf are we going to do when we have a breakout of a actually deadly disease?

A lot of things don’t make sense to me with covid. Did you know hospitals receive 27,000$ if a patient dies of covid? Or 39,000$ if they get put on a ventilator. Wouldn’t you think this would inflate covid death reports?

I’m in Florida where there are currently zero covid restrictions, but almost every store you go to requires a mask. Which I think is extremely dumb. How come Dr.Fauci when covid was first hitting he said masks won’t do anything. They will actually only make things worse. What groundbreaking knowledge did he learn that changed his mindset on masks?

Listen, if you’ve lost a love one from covid. I’m seriously sorry for your loss. But I’m the type of guy who isn’t gonna listen to everything I hear on the news. I like to question everything. And a lot of things with “covid” just don’t add up.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Look up where TB is endemic to. It hasnt been of pandemic proportions in over 100 years. We have an antibiotic regimen (RIPE) that is capable of treating the vast majority of infections. Plus we know a shît ton about TB (how ya get it, how to protect yourself from getting it, how to treat it, complications of it, etc) that we dont know about COVID.

Not even remotely the same.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Got my first dose 2 hours ago. I feel completely fine/normal and cant even tell anything happened. I know someone who got it 2 days ago and her arm was sore the day after, that was it.

BamBam54

BamBam54

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Tuberculosis is a highly infectious disease that kills 1.5 million people per year. Every 22 seconds someone dies of tuberculosis. Covid-19 morality rate is 0.01-0.05%. While tuberculosis is 12-13%. I seriously wouldn’t be surprised if in 10-20 years this is the new pandemic. But hundreds times more deadly. If we are panicking over a disease that statistical data shows is extremely harmless for most people. Wtf are we going to do when we have a breakout of a actually deadly disease?

A lot of things don’t make sense to me with covid. Did you know hospitals receive 27,000$ if a patient dies of covid? Or 39,000$ if they get put on a ventilator. Wouldn’t you think this would inflate covid death reports?

I’m in Florida where there are currently zero covid restrictions, but almost every store you go to requires a mask. Which I think is extremely dumb. How come Dr.Fauci when covid was first hitting he said masks won’t do anything. They will actually only make things worse. What groundbreaking knowledge did he learn that changed his mindset on masks?

Listen, if you’ve lost a love one from covid. I’m seriously sorry for your loss. But I’m the type of guy who isn’t gonna listen to everything I hear on the news. I like to question everything. And a lot of things with “covid” just don’t add up.
BigMatt - What doesn't add up vs. what you don't want to believe vs. bad medical info spread in a facebook meme?
For example:

The Covid mortality rate is NOT 0.01-0.05% You either slipped a decimal point or misused the percent sign. The actual mortality rate is 1.8% right now in the US based on cases divided by deaths. However, that doesn't account for how many more people got the virus without ever knowing it, AND it doesn't account for how many people currently infected but haven't died yet. It is believed that perhaps 8x as many people were asymptomatic. You need a solid antibody study to get to the right numbers (like NY did) and test kits for a new virus are never 100% accurate. Lots of moving parts and each side likes to leave out some numbers to push their position. But everything I have read from reputable sources puts the real estimate for covid mortality in the 0.3-0.5% rate.

Why do you think its part of a secret conspiracy for hospitals to be paid more for Covid cases? Have you seen what they have to go through? ICU beds, hazmat suits, ventilators, negative pressure rooms, isolation, quarantine controls, etc.... of COURSE it costs more to treat Covid patients. This leads to some people thinking the covid death numbers are exaggerated, or the random internet story about someone dying in a car wreck listed as a covid death. But we can settle that easy enough. Just look at the official death totals for all causes every week in every year in the US. See if there is an unusual increase in deaths that just so happens to be during the months of raging covid infections. Coincidence? Magic? People who are faking their deaths and being buried to make a few extra bucks for the hospitals?

Excess Death Chart - CDC
You can see here the US has a pretty regular flow of deaths week by week, year by year, unless there is an unusual event you can identify pretty easily. Like in Jan 2018 there was a very bad flu year, and you can see the small spike above the average deaths base line. AND if you look at the recent spikes above baseline and add them up week by week, it about matches the numbers CDC is tracking for covid deaths. Unless you have some other idea why we have had 300,000 extra deaths in the US, tracked week by week, compared to yearly ;averages.... all since March and the Covid spread started. These are REAL deaths of all causes. Looks to me like Covid is the main cause with the curves matching the tested virus increases week by week. Maybe is could it be a mass tuberculosis outbreak? What do YOU think?

As for Fauci and the masks?? I don't think that is any real mystery or conspiracy either. In the beginning of this outbreak, we didn't have the emergency stockpile of PPE needed (since Obama/Biden used it during their swine flu pandemic and didn't replace it) so of COURSE the first advice was to not have civilians buying up all the N95 masks so that front line health care folks could get the best PPE for their official use. We could all argue whether home made masks are helpful or not, but its pretty clear why Fauci was telling people not to buy up all the good PPE in the beginning.

The numbers are what the numbers are. In the big picture, even the real number of 300k covid deaths makes it only about 5-10x more deadly than the common flu. And we could all argue about whether that is ever worth shutting down the country, but you don't need to fake up a bunch of statistics to say the economic shut down was a bad idea. The US is a big country with 320 million people. And even at 300k deaths its only about a 10-15% increase above normal (apx 2.8 million deaths every year). Heck, yesterday Slovenia had 43 deaths in one day and Bulgaria had 143 deaths. But scaled up to match our population size they would have had over 6000 deaths in one day.

Its real.... but its not so bad that we need to lie about the numbers to argue a different position regarding shutdowns or masks. And its everywhere, even where Trump was not President... so its not fair to blame him either. Its just a shitshow for the entire world at the moment.

Bigmatt57

Bigmatt57

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Guess we are going to have to wear masks for the rest of our life, constant lock-downs, mandatory vaccine’s. And believe and do whatever the powerful men above us say.

Over a virus that stated above kills ONLY 0.03-0.05 of people. Yes the mortality rate increases drastically for elderly and I pray my grandmother never catches it.

No, I will absolutely not get the covid-19 vaccine. A vaccine created in five years is extremely fast. Mean while under a year, ya sure I bet it’s extremely safe just like they say. Can’t force me to put anything in my body. My Body, my choice

Scientists have been working for years on developing a vaccine for the HIV/AIDS and the common cold. But covid-19 a brand new disease, a vaccine comes out in what 6 months.

Last edited:
thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
BigMatt - What doesn't add up vs. what you don't want to believe vs. bad medical info spread in a facebook meme?
For example:

The Covid mortality rate is NOT 0.01-0.05% You either slipped a decimal point or misused the percent sign. The actual mortality rate is 1.8% right now in the US based on cases divided by deaths. However, that doesn't account for how many more people got the virus without ever knowing it, AND it doesn't account for how many people currently infected but haven't died yet. It is believed that perhaps 8x as many people were asymptomatic. You need a solid antibody study to get to the right numbers (like NY did) and test kits for a new virus are never 100% accurate. Lots of moving parts and each side likes to leave out some numbers to push their position. But everything I have read from reputable sources puts the real estimate for covid mortality in the 0.3-0.5% rate.

Why do you think its part of a secret conspiracy for hospitals to be paid more for Covid cases? Have you seen what they have to go through? ICU beds, hazmat suits, ventilators, negative pressure rooms, isolation, quarantine controls, etc.... of COURSE it costs more to treat Covid patients. This leads to some people thinking the covid death numbers are exaggerated, or the random internet story about someone dying in a car wreck listed as a covid death. But we can settle that easy enough. Just look at the official death totals for all causes every week in every year in the US. See if there is an unusual increase in deaths that just so happens to be during the months of raging covid infections. Coincidence? Magic? People who are faking their deaths and being buried to make a few extra bucks for the hospitals?

Excess Death Chart - CDC
You can see here the US has a pretty regular flow of deaths week by week, year by year, unless there is an unusual event you can identify pretty easily. Like in Jan 2018 there was a very bad flu year, and you can see the small spike above the average deaths base line. AND if you look at the recent spikes above baseline and add them up week by week, it about matches the numbers CDC is tracking for covid deaths. Unless you have some other idea why we have had 300,000 extra deaths in the US, tracked week by week, compared to yearly ;averages.... all since March and the Covid spread started. These are REAL deaths of all causes. Looks to me like Covid is the main cause with the curves matching the tested virus increases week by week. Maybe is could it be a mass tuberculosis outbreak? What do YOU think?

As for Fauci and the masks?? I don't think that is any real mystery or conspiracy either. In the beginning of this outbreak, we didn't have the emergency stockpile of PPE needed (since Obama/Biden used it during their swine flu pandemic and didn't replace it) so of COURSE the first advice was to not have civilians buying up all the N95 masks so that front line health care folks could get the best PPE for their official use. We could all argue whether home made masks are helpful or not, but its pretty clear why Fauci was telling people not to buy up all the good PPE in the beginning.

The numbers are what the numbers are. In the big picture, even the real number of 300k covid deaths makes it only about 5-10x more deadly than the common flu. And we could all argue about whether that is ever worth shutting down the country, but you don't need to fake up a bunch of statistics to say the economic shut down was a bad idea. The US is a big country with 320 million people. And even at 300k deaths its only about a 10-15% increase above normal (apx 2.8 million deaths every year). Heck, yesterday Slovenia had 43 deaths in one day and Bulgaria had 143 deaths. But scaled up to match our population size they would have had over 6000 deaths in one day.

Its real.... but its not so bad that we need to lie about the numbers to argue a different position regarding shutdowns or masks. And its everywhere, even where Trump was not President... so its not fair to blame him either. Its just a shitshow for the entire world at the moment.
everything but the faucci remark makes sense...back in march he was saying simple cloth masks were unnecessary-not sure when he 1st started advising to wear masks-june maybe?

Bigmatt57

Bigmatt57

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
What truthfully scares me is we are progressively losing our constitution rights. First it starts with mandatory mask mandates, mandatory lockdowns. The vaccine will never be “mandatory” but when they start giving out “vaccine cards” you can bet airlines,hotels,casinos, etc won’t allow you to use there service without proof of the “vaccine card”. Just how most stores require a mask even in areas where there aren’t any mask mandates.

What’s next? Are they gonna take our guns? Do people not realize these rights were put into place from our FOUNDING FATHERS. To prevent a tyrannical government. Now they want to revert these rights. I truly don’t believe people realize how young the United States is. As history has shown MANY times before. History repeats itself.

Bigmatt57

Bigmatt57

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Not to mention the illogical approach to mandates, closures, and restrictions. Let’s close churches but open liquor stores. Let’s open bars but close schools. Hundreds can attend the funeral of a drugged out thug but can’t attend grandmas funeral. It’s no problem to go out and riot and protest but don’t have your family over for the holidays. Who the hell is going to take those clowns serious. I wish all the politicians would catch China virus.
Can’t go to the gym and better yourself and BOOST your immune system, but can go to McDonald’s get a Big Mac and large fry, then swing by the MANDATORY liquor store and pick up a bottle of vodka. Ridiculous

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
So parts of the uk back into lockdown (whole country only just come out of one) with gyms closed.....

there’s new variant which spreads much quicker apparently so they’ve shutdown to avoid people doing before the vaccine is fully rolled out......

also changed the Christmas rules so basically Xmas day is the only day we can meet other people

BamBam54

BamBam54

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Guess we are going to have to wear masks for the rest of our life, constant lock-downs, mandatory vaccine’s. And believe and do whatever the powerful men above us say.

Over a virus that stated above kills ONLY 0.03-0.05 of people. Yes the mortality rate increases drastically for elderly and I pray my grandmother never catches it.

No, I will absolutely not get the covid-19 vaccine. A vaccine created in five years is extremely fast. Mean while under a year, ya sure I bet it’s extremely safe just like they say. Can’t force me to put anything in my body. My Body, my choice

Scientists have been working for years on developing a vaccine for the HIV/AIDS and the common cold. But covid-19 a brand new disease, a vaccine comes out in what 6 months.

BIGmatt - in your post you got the fatality rate wrong again, by a factor of 10x. Covid is apx 0.3-0.5% fatal (not 0.03-0.05%) across all age groups. Still sounds like a very small number but that decimel place is very important to the US with 320 million people. That decimel place could be the difference of 1 million dead Americans when comparing say a 0.4% vs 0.04% fatality rate if left unchecked.

But again, understanding the real numbers is a separate argument from deciding what should be done about it (masks, vaccines, shutdowns, etc). Everything has a pro and con effect and I think we can see a strict lockdown has terrible economic consequences!! That is why Fauci can happily recommend them, because as a doc he only cares about saving lives. And why the President shouldn't necessarily take that advice because he ALSO needs to care about economic and defense considerations.... not just purely medical advice. Hence why we don't always blindly follow the recommendations of unelected medical experts.

This covid vaccine was developed super fast, but if I was over 70 years old I would be standing in line to get my dose because at that age the risk from the virus far outweighs the risk of the vaccine. Under age 30 the risks are completely opposite. Those of us in the middle gotta weigh personal comorbidity factors... but its silly to oppose vaccines in general. The success of our vaccines for polio, measles, mumps, rubella, tetanus, etc. cannot be understated or ignored.

How these govt rules and restrictions begin to erode our precious freedoms is another concern. Does the government have the right to force vaccinations? Can they ban you from air travel and public schools if you refuse? Do you have a right to make personal decisions that put others at risk (think second hand smoke or drunk driving or having sex with the HIV). Its really some heavy stuff to consider because rights lost are rarely returned.

I just want people to use legit numbers and facts when making decisions this big for yourself, your family, and country. So much misinformation and bad math on the internet. So many hurt feels...

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
BIGmatt - in your post you got the fatality rate wrong again, by a factor of 10x. Covid is apx 0.3-0.5% fatal (not 0.03-0.05%) across all age groups. Still sounds like a very small number but that decimel place is very important to the US with 320 million people. That decimel place could be the difference of 1 million dead Americans when comparing say a 0.4% vs 0.04% fatality rate if left unchecked.

But again, understanding the real numbers is a separate argument from deciding what should be done about it (masks, vaccines, shutdowns, etc). Everything has a pro and con effect and I think we can see a strict lockdown has terrible economic consequences!! That is why Fauci can happily recommend them, because as a doc he only cares about saving lives. And why the President shouldn't necessarily take that advice because he ALSO needs to care about economic and defense considerations.... not just purely medical advice. Hence why we don't always blindly follow the recommendations of unelected medical experts.

This covid vaccine was developed super fast, but if I was over 70 years old I would be standing in line to get my dose because at that age the risk from the virus far outweighs the risk of the vaccine. Under age 30 the risks are completely opposite. Those of us in the middle gotta weigh personal comorbidity factors... but its silly to oppose vaccines in general. The success of our vaccines for polio, measles, mumps, rubella, tetanus, etc. cannot be understated or ignored.

How these govt rules and restrictions begin to erode our precious freedoms is another concern. Does the government have the right to force vaccinations? Can they ban you from air travel and public schools if you refuse? Do you have a right to make personal decisions that put others at risk (think second hand smoke or drunk driving or having sex with the HIV). Its really some heavy stuff to consider because rights lost are rarely returned.

I just want people to use legit numbers and facts when making decisions this big for yourself, your family, and country. So much misinformation and bad math on the internet. So many hurt feels...
i am pro-vaccines...i am anti government mandates...

Last edited: