Anyone worried if Corona virus keeps spreading the gyms will shut down?

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
the guy who predicted 25 out of 27 elections says not only will trump win the election... but he will take 365 electoral votes.. more than the first time.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Well this is interesting. TLDR: Androgens may increase COVID-19 severity. Seems to be a bit more detail on the hypothesis floating around about a month ago. Hope it’s not true but may be worth postponing cycles for a bit.
Interesting. I like the counter and how they point out that men have shorter life expectancies and blame it on bad habits like smoking. I blame it on hard work and women.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There is no way one can determine accurate numbers. Especially in NYC!
Just accept the fact that we did face a virus and the Democrats politicized the numbers like they politicize everything.

Same pile of horse **** with the floyd, Brooks. Why the hell didn't biden or Obama take care of this brutal police force when they were in office? I mean if black people are afraid of being killed over a broken tail light why the **** didn't a black president do something?

They want the kids not to go to screwal so they can get mail in votes and have a snowball's chance in hell with defeating trump.

l would be embarrassed and ashamed if I were a Democrat for believing the horse ****.
Why do you think they can’t get accurate numbers anywhere? You just make bold claims and don’t support them with anything.

Also, what the hell is wrong with mail in ballots? Every person who can vote in the country should, and the president that the people want, that represents the most people, should win.

You claim the Democrats politicized the numbers, but TRUMP politicized wearing masks...

And because Obama didn’t fix the police problems, that’s means they don’t exist? You really think we don’t need some level of police reform? Really? You don’t think there’s anything wrong with police choking someone to death? You don’t think there’s anything wrong with police officers having sex with people in their custody? Nothing can use improvement in their regulations and rules and oversight? Really?

You have some audacity to say other people should be ashamed for believing BS? You must have an amazing view from that glass house of yours.

Quest

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Tapping on my phone quickly between jobs..

No, clearly the numbers have been screwed since the start. 13k per death, green lives matter.

Mail in ballots will be made a joke of by your looney far left groups manipulating ballots.

I'm sorry on trump's behalf for asking you to wear a mask.

No black lives were lost due to police during Obama's legacy so yes you have convinced me. And of course, who the **** am I to voice my opinion. But I'm certainly tacking a black eye for our team as our country cracked hard under the pressure of the "pandemic " by blm etc

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Trump would be much more helpful if he told people something to the effect of “we can’t have lockdowns forever, and I know you want to try to get back to some semblance of normal soon, so please wear a mask when you go out to keep everyone safer, and hopefully put and end to the virus sooner.” But no, he allows people to not wear masks or social distance at his rallies, and he makes the very idea of wearing masks somehow political.
i agree 100%...i support trump and am anti almost everything democrats support, but that doesn't mean i can't call trump out when i disagree with him...i would really like to see more democrats willing to call out other democrats.

BamBam54

BamBam54

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Mail in ballots are vulnerable to fraud, at least in the way currently proposed. Mailing out millions and millions of ballots and then waiting for their anonymous return.... without knowing who actually filled them out. Have you not seen instances where piles of mail in ballots appeared (or were discarded) illegally and without explanation?

A better question might by 'why are they needed' when people are all going to Walmart every week for food and supplies. Wear the same mask and gloves and sanitizer you use for a trip to Walmart and vote the same way. Why not????

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Mail in ballots are vulnerable to fraud, at least in the way currently proposed. Mailing out millions and millions of ballots and then waiting for their anonymous return.... without knowing who actually filled them out. Have you not seen instances where piles of mail in ballots appeared (or were discarded) illegally and without explanation?

A better question might by 'why are they needed' when people are all going to Walmart every week for food and supplies. Wear the same mask and gloves and sanitizer you use for a trip to Walmart and vote the same way. Why not????
And normal voting isn’t subject to fraud? How many dead people voted in past presidential elections lol?

On a side note, I think Election Day should be a national holiday, with the day off work so people can vote. With long lines, and polling locations, someone may not be able to get to vote with only an hour or two off, and may not be able to afford to take a full day off work to vote. Make it a holiday and you reduce the need for mail in ballots, during normal non-pandemic times anyway.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Why do you think they can’t get accurate numbers anywhere? You just make bold claims and don’t support them with anything.

Also, what the hell is wrong with mail in ballots? Every person who can vote in the country should, and the president that the people want, that represents the most people, should win.

You claim the Democrats politicized the numbers, but TRUMP politicized wearing masks...

And because Obama didn’t fix the police problems, that’s means they don’t exist? You really think we don’t need some level of police reform? Really? You don’t think there’s anything wrong with police choking someone to death? You don’t think there’s anything wrong with police officers having sex with people in their custody? Nothing can use improvement in their regulations and rules and oversight? Really?

You have some audacity to say other people should be ashamed for believing BS? You must have an amazing view from that glass house of yours.
I believed his BS. Now I feel ashamed. (just kidding of course)

No, clearly the numbers have been screwed since the start. 13k per death, green lives matter.

Mail in ballots will be made a joke of by your looney far left groups manipulating ballots.

No black lives were lost due to police during Obama's legacy so yes you have convinced me. And of course, who the **** am I to voice my opinion. But I'm certainly tacking a black eye for our team as our country cracked hard under the pressure of the "pandemic " by blm etc
Show me a shred of evidence that shows a hospital was paid even half of what you claim for a Covid DEATH.

You do realize there is a difference between a patient and a death right? Generally hospitals are paid for treating patients and they DO get paid $13,000 for a Covid patient, and $39,000 for Covid Ventilator treatment. This isn't just an extra $13,000 though, it's just a larger payment for the treatment than the standard payment (which is maybe $4,000 or whatever - I just made this number up but I would bet it's at least $4K). So, maybe this is increasing the number of patients being diagnosed, in theory - but there is no benefit to reporting a death as Covid-caused after that, so if anything this setup would skew the death rate LOWER. i.e. if I have 50,000 actual Covid patients and I am reporting 100,000 in order to make extra cash, but I have 5,000 deaths - well then the death rate is actually 10% but I'm reporting it at 5%. And trust me, if you start paying hospitals for everyone that dies in their care, and they want to make money - why would they provide any treatment at all? The death rate would skyrocket.

Further, numerous news outlets and investigations have searched for evidence of fraudulent over-reporting and none has been found. But test this yourself. Pretend to be sick. Call your hospital and give them an opportunity to make that sweet, sweet, easy money. See if they bite. I bet you $13,000 that you don't get diagnosed with Covid.

I'm not sure what hill you think you're standing on, because I'm pretty darned conservative and you certainly aren't taking a black eye for my benefit. But you are getting a black eye....

If you want to talk about cracking under pressure, lets talk about not being able to wear a mask for a few months to protect others in the country. Lets talk about complaining about staying home with heat, a/c, electricity, food, home delivery, and Netflix without whining and crying. Suck it up, buttercup.

And normal voting isn’t subject to fraud? How many dead people voted in past presidential elections lol?

On a side note, I think Election Day should be a national holiday, with the day off work so people can vote. With long lines, and polling locations, someone may not be able to get to vote with only an hour or two off, and may not be able to afford to take a full day off work to vote. Make it a holiday and you reduce the need for mail in ballots, during normal non-pandemic times anyway.
True. The dems motto is, "Vote early. Vote often."

I do think that mail-in ballots would be easier to manipulate. I also think you should be made to show a suitable ID to vote.

But declaring it a holiday may not be a bad idea.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
it cracks me up that these social justice warriors can spend a entire day grouped together at protests and rallies but are afraid to spend an hour or 2 standing in line to vote.

Quest

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
All Americans have the black eye from the baby's that Cracked under pressure ie blm etc.

You're 100% correct, nobody wrongfully robbing the health care industry.

Happy election year

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
If you want to talk about cracking under pressure, lets talk about not being able to wear a mask for a few months to protect others in the country. Lets talk about complaining about staying home with heat, a/c, electricity, food, home delivery, and Netflix without whining and crying. Suck it up, buttercup.
This is the one that really gets me. Even for those who don’t buy into it being “a real virus!!!” The thing about it is if we’re wrong, then a few months went by at home, with family, maybe harder financially for some, no problem for others...but if they’re wrong and we follow their plans, millions dead. I choose financially difficulty *for some* over NYC happening across the country.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Mr. Quest, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Please explain why, then, the reported COVID deaths match up nearly exactly with the reported/calculated excess deaths, which no one gets money for, and the hospitals do not generate/create.

And when did I say there was no racism among police under Obama. There was. I'm not saying that it's Trump's fault just because he's president, just as it wasn't Obama's fault when he was president. But you really don't think that, regardless of who is President, that police reform to help prevent bad cops from getting away with being bad is a good thing? Do you really think, for example, cops should be allowed to have sex with people in their custody?

And do you not think that we should wear masks?

You're not an idiot for voicing an opinion, you're an idiot for dismissing literal mountains of data from multiple countries with zero evidence and zero explanation for why it's wrong, and no reputable sources beyond "I heard X is happening, but can't provide any actual proof of my claim."

Quest

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Who's not wearing a mask? My mother has bilateral lung cancer, lupus, emphysema, copd.

Oh now the meth addict on fentanyl without health insurance puts one on?
Roflmao

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
the governor of indiana[republican]just declared masks mandatory for marion county[indianapolis].

i haven't heard how he plans to enforce this, but i am all in for making masks mandatory for entire state...my area hasn't been hit very hard so far, but it's retarded to wait until it gets bad to react, imo....i am all in on being pro-active and doing something so simple as wearing a mask if it has even the possibility of saving lives!!!

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I believed his BS. Now I feel ashamed. (just kidding of course)

Show me a shred of evidence that shows a hospital was paid even half of what you claim for a Covid DEATH.

You do realize there is a difference between a patient and a death right? Generally hospitals are paid for treating patients and they DO get paid $13,000 for a Covid patient, and $39,000 for Covid Ventilator treatment. This isn't just an extra $13,000 though, it's just a larger payment for the treatment than the standard payment (which is maybe $4,000 or whatever - I just made this number up but I would bet it's at least $4K). So, maybe this is increasing the number of patients being diagnosed, in theory - but there is no benefit to reporting a death as Covid-caused after that, so if anything this setup would skew the death rate LOWER. i.e. if I have 50,000 actual Covid patients and I am reporting 100,000 in order to make extra cash, but I have 5,000 deaths - well then the death rate is actually 10% but I'm reporting it at 5%. And trust me, if you start paying hospitals for everyone that dies in their care, and they want to make money - why would they provide any treatment at all? The death rate would skyrocket.

Further, numerous news outlets and investigations have searched for evidence of fraudulent over-reporting and none has been found. But test this yourself. Pretend to be sick. Call your hospital and give them an opportunity to make that sweet, sweet, easy money. See if they bite. I bet you $13,000 that you don't get diagnosed with Covid.

I'm not sure what hill you think you're standing on, because I'm pretty darned conservative and you certainly aren't taking a black eye for my benefit. But you are getting a black eye....

True. The dems motto is, "Vote early. Vote often."

I do think that mail-in ballots would be easier to manipulate. I also think you should be made to show a suitable ID to vote.

But declaring it a holiday may not be a bad idea.
I do also think ID to vote makes sense. But then that means that there's no ID for mail-in ballots, so I do see the concern.

But yeah, Quest is willfully ignorant, and his arguments consistently contradict each other, but he's to stubborn to see it. He thinks being firm in his convictions is strength, and something to be proud of, but remaining firm in your convictions once you are shown to be wrong is the strength of a madman, not a healthy man, and is lamentable, not enviable.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Who's not wearing a mask? My mother has bilateral lung cancer, lupus, emphysema, copd.

Oh now the meth addict on fentanyl without health insurance puts one on?
Roflmao
Way to ignore the other 99% of my post, and of everyone else's post explaining why your logic is bad.

Quest

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
And I apologize for inconveniencing you with my incoherent ramblings. I just turned my first job of the day for 700 and don't have the luxury of researching and citing each of my points from a reputable source. I'm entertaining myself on to my next stop.
But I appreciate the kind steady words!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I do also think ID to vote makes sense. But then that means that there's no ID for mail-in ballots, so I do see the concern.

But yeah, Quest is willfully ignorant, and his arguments consistently contradict each other, but he's to stubborn to see it. He thinks being firm in his convictions is strength, and something to be proud of, but remaining firm in your convictions once you are shown to be wrong is the strength of a madman, not a healthy man, and is lamentable, not enviable.
many years ago i did something called confined voting that was ran by the county clerks office...they sent us out in teams of 1 republican/1 democrat in a taxi, we went to places where sick and elderly were mailed ballots and we were there to make sure the person voting was who they were supposed to be, and to witness their signing of ballot-then we returned ballot to clerks office sealed.

when i was in the military, i voted by ballot but i had to sign off to make sure i only voted once and had to show id.

if you knew you were going to be on vacation or away for business reasons you could go to clerks office and fill out a ballot in advance.

everyone else voted in person...

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Quest

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't agree with politicizing it. I've made that very clear. I don't see how you think this has not been weaponized against trump.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

And I apologize for inconveniencing you with my incoherent ramblings. I just turned my first job of the day for 700 and don't have the luxury of researching and citing each of my points from a reputable source. I'm entertaining myself on to my next stop.
But I appreciate the kind steady words!
If you can’t provide any citations to back up your claims, then don’t make them. It’s quite simple really. You don’t have references to reputable sources because no reputable source agrees with your inane ramblings. I tried being nice with you and explaining why your logic is incorrect, as have other users here, and your repeatedly refuse to hear it.

People like you who don’t understand the concept of fractions, excess death counts matching up to the reported COVID deaths, etc., when people try to educate you and you refuse to listen, you are deserving of being mocked.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't agree with politicizing it. I've made that very clear. I don't see how you think this has not been weaponized against trump.
Trump has politicized mask wearing. BOTH SIDES politicize EVERYTHING. My point is that the reported deaths due to COVID match up with the reported excess deaths, which don’t come from hospitals. So please explain how, if you claim hospitals are jacking up reported COVID deaths, they still match up nearly exactly with the excess deaths in the same time period. Now tell me where those excess deaths are coming from then, if it’s not COVID and it’s BS?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
if only trump would just stfu and let his surrogates do the dirty work this time...trump is usually really good in these situations but on this he has put himself in a hole and it keeps getting deeper.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
if only trump would just stfu and let his surrogates do the dirty work this time...trump is usually really good in these situations but on this he has put himself in a hole and it keeps getting deeper.
Thank you! I respect you for admitting when Trump messes up. If he didn’t politicize this so much himself, then the left wouldn’t be able to turn it back on him so much.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I mention police brutality and potential police reform and you respond with "wHat AboUT ObAma?" What does that have to do with anything? When did I ever mention Trump or Obama in regards to police brutality and reform? They have nothing to do with each other. It's not a POLITICAL issue, it's a police policy issue. YOU politicized it by making it about Trump and Obama...

Hilltern

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I mention police brutality and potential police reform and you respond with "wHat AboUT ObAma?" What does that have to do with anything? When did I ever mention Trump or Obama in regards to police brutality and reform? They have nothing to do with each other. It's not a POLITICAL issue, it's a police policy issue. YOU politicized it by making it about Trump and Obama...
Dude, don’t you know that everything is Obama’s fault. There’s video of his supporters questioning why he wasn’t doing anything in office on 9/11. Let that sink in lmao. As Forrest Gump said, “stupid is as stupid does.”

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Thank you! I respect you for admitting when Trump messes up. If he didn’t politicize this so much himself, then the left wouldn’t be able to turn it back on him so much.
the games both sides have and still are playing should not go unnoticed, politics on both sides of the aisle have cost lives plus a heavy financial burden.

political games is what poiticians do, i don't think anything would have been much different regardless who was in charge.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Dude, don’t you know that everything is Obama’s fault. There’s video of his supporters questioning why he wasn’t doing anything in office on 9/11. Let that sink in lmao. As Forrest Gump said, “stupid is as stupid does.”
i thought bush jr was in office on 9-11? ;)

Last edited:

Quest

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I can't wait to get home and sit down with a beer and get your panties wetter with more of my incoherent ramblings.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Dude, I’m with you on the stats of COVID/deaths/quarantine/etc (not the racism/police brutality thing though, but that’s okay), but at some point, it’s starting to look like he’s trolling you. It’s hard to tell just from a forum post (Or 15 lol), but it sure looks like he’s getting you too worked up!

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dude, I’m with you on the stats of COVID/deaths/quarantine/etc (not the racism/police brutality thing though, but that’s okay), but at some point, it’s starting to look like he’s trolling you. It’s hard to tell just from a forum post (Or 15 lol), but it sure looks like he’s getting you too worked up!
So you DON’T think that police shouldn’t be allowed to have sex with people in their custody? I’m not saying all/most cops are bad, not by any means, only that we can have some level of policy reform that makes it harder for bad cops to be bad and get away with it without harming good cops ability to do their job. Surely we can agree on that?

And as for me getting worked up, I’m not losing any sleep over it, just commenting when I have breaks in work, or when I’m on the toilet lol. If I get actually worked up or bothered, I’d just step out and not comment. I know I’ve gone periods of not commenting on these threads for a while if it gets to be too much, so no worries there,

I HOPE he is trolling me, and that he doesn’t actually believe everything he’s saying, that would make me happy.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I can't wait to get home and sit down with a beer and get your panties wetter with more of my incoherent ramblings.
Honest question man, do you even believe the s**t you say, or are you just a troll?

Glad to know I somehow have wet panties because I point out when you’re wrong, it’s not my fault you’re wrong so often,

Quest

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am trolling you and your cronies, and yes it is fun to watch the glue drip down the seams.

But all fun aside, you liberals know everything right?

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
So you DON’T think that police shouldn’t be allowed to have sex with people in their custody? I’m not saying all/most cops are bad, not by any means, only that we can have some level of policy reform that makes it harder for bad cops to be bad and get away with it without harming good cops ability to do their job. Surely we can agree on that?

And as for me getting worked up, I’m not losing any sleep over it, just commenting when I have breaks in work, or when I’m on the toilet lol. If I get actually worked up or bothered, I’d just step out and not comment. I know I’ve gone periods of not commenting on these threads for a while if it gets to be too much, so no worries there,

I HOPE he is trolling me, and that he doesn’t actually believe everything he’s saying, that would make me happy.
Honestly, I haven’t heard of this sex under custody thing and have no idea what you’re talking about. Did this just happen?
But anyway, yeah, I’m game for making it harder for bad cops to be bad while not harming good cops ability to do their job. I just don’t believe the problem being as widespread/huge that the media is portraying. And I definitely don’t agree with crucifying officers for things we don’t understand (such as the stolen-taser incident, we weren’t there). Fixing the issue might be more of a better psych eval and background check and emphasize personality defects as opposed to rejecting a man for getting locked up at 17 for a simple marijuana possession. What I don’t want to see is the police defunded and put through some generic “diversity” training. The Army has plenty of those trainings every year to check a block, and I never benefited from them.

Actually, maybe we should “fund” the police. Who would the job attract if it paid more and didn’t swing shift week to week? Just some of my random thoughts on the matter.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am trolling you and your cronies, and yes it is fun to watch the glue drip down the seams.

But all fun aside, you liberals know everything right?
Man, I'm NOT a liberal, but I guess everyone who disagrees with you must be a liberal, right? I'm a registered Republican who leans libertarian.

I support the right to bear arms, and don't support any nebulous "assault weapon" ban. I think that a religion should be allowed to accept or deny any marriage between any two people, but that the government should give any consenting adult couple equal rights under the law in a civil union. I don't support crazy high taxes, I don't support abolishing ICE, I don't agree with giving scholarships to illegal immigrants, etc.

You thinking that my criticizing Trump means I must be a liberal is quite telling...

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Honestly, I haven’t heard of this sex under custody thing and have no idea what you’re talking about. Did this just happen?
But anyway, yeah, I’m game for making it harder for bad cops to be bad while not harming good cops ability to do their job. I just don’t believe the problem being as widespread/huge that the media is portraying. And I definitely don’t agree with crucifying officers for things we don’t understand (such as the taxer incident, we weren’t there). Fixing the issue might be more of a better psych eval and background check and emphasize personality defects as opposed to rejecting a man for getting locked up at 17 for a simple marijuana possession. What I don’t want to see is the police defunded and put through some generic “diversity” training. The Army has plenty of those trainings every year to check a block, and I never benefited from them.

Actually, maybe we should “fund” the police. Who would the job attract if it paid more and didn’t swing shift week to week? Just some of my random thoughts on the matter.
There was a recent case, which lead to people realizing that it's allowed in many states. It's something that should be so obvious you'd think you wouldn't need a law saying you can't do it, but if it's not a law on the books, then when someone does it, they end up getting away with it. That's why sometimes a law seems so dumb/obvious/etc.

See here:

https://www.aclu.org/blog/criminal-law-reform/reforming-police/theres-no-such-thing-consensual-sex-when-person-police

https://blogs.findlaw.com/injured/2019/11/is-it-legal-for-police-to-have-sex-with-those-in-custody.html

Hell, I'm all for increasing police pay IF it means getting better qualified and trained individuals. Risky/dangerous jobs mean higher pay, so if you double that with good training and qualifications, then it should be a decent paying job, if it isn't already. That said, maybe require at least a 2 year degree to be an officer then? You need more time/education/training to cut hair than to be an officer of the law with a gun and the ability to use lethal force.

I remember years ago, firefighters were paid like garbage (my dad was a firefighter for ~25 years), and in more recent years their pay increased a lot, and now you have a ton of people waiting to get into the academy, and trying to get jobs, which means that they have higher quality applicants for jobs, which is good.

But increased pay should only be given if the standards are raised, of course.

Quest

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What's wrong with the current police training and or prerequisites?

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
There was a recent case, which lead to people realizing that it's allowed in many states. It's something that should be so obvious you'd think you wouldn't need a law saying you can't do it, but if it's not a law on the books, then when someone does it, they end up getting away with it. That's why sometimes a law seems so dumb/obvious/etc.

See here:

https://www.aclu.org/blog/criminal-law-reform/reforming-police/theres-no-such-thing-consensual-sex-when-person-police

https://blogs.findlaw.com/injured/2019/11/is-it-legal-for-police-to-have-sex-with-those-in-custody.html

Hell, I'm all for increasing police pay IF it means getting better qualified and trained individuals. Risky/dangerous jobs mean higher pay, so if you double that with good training and qualifications, then it should be a decent paying job, if it isn't already. That said, maybe require at least a 2 year degree to be an officer then? You need more time/education/training to cut hair than to be an officer of the law with a gun and the ability to use lethal force.

I remember years ago, firefighters were paid like garbage (my dad was a firefighter for ~25 years), and in more recent years their pay increased a lot, and now you have a ton of people waiting to get into the academy, and trying to get jobs, which means that they have higher quality applicants for jobs, which is good.

But increased pay should only be given if the standards are raised, of course.
Absolutely agree on all accounts.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What's wrong with the current police training and or prerequisites?
Maybe that barbers need more training to cut hair than cops do to be given a gun and allowed to use lethal force?

https://www.cnn.com/2016/09/28/us/jobs-training-police-trnd/index.html

Do you really think requiring a two year degree (or at least 2 years of credit hours) to be an officer would be a bad idea? Of course, anyone who is already an officer would be grandfathered in, and wouldn't have to go (back) to school to get a degree.

Some departments DO require 60 credit hours of college, which is roughly the equivalent of an Associate's Degree, and I think that's fine, even if they didn't actually get an AA (such as someone doing 2 years of a 4-year degree and not actually getting an AA degree).

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Absolutely agree on all accounts.
Thanks. I feel like most people aren't terribly far apart in reality, it's just that we focus on what we don't agree on, even if it's not most things, or even if it's only a misunderstanding and we actually are closer than we initially think. The news and politicians love to polarize things though. If I disagree with Trump, I must be a liberal, and if I agree with him, I must be a conservative. One even a single subject/topic/issue, it's nuts.

Quest

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You compare the time required to be a barber with the training a police officer receives, link an article from cnn.

Fucking brilliant