Anyone worried if Corona virus keeps spreading the gyms will shut down?

BamBam54

BamBam54

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Speaking of coronavirus.... what do you think the total cost of this will be to the US Federal budget/debt???

I presume a few trillion has been spent already. Another stimulus bill coming out any week now. Plus states want to be bailed out. And we will have an even longer financial impact to airlines, cruise ships, movie theaters, sports arenas, etc.

And I have not heard anyone mention that tax receipts will also be impacted, compounding the problem with lower revenue!

Add to this the likelihood of a 2nd wave in fall...???

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
No one discussing the Florida people collecting unemployment at $875 a week. Talked to a couple restaurant owners and they told their workers to come back and they did said no thank you, lol. He turned them in and the government agency said it will take them 3-6 months to stop paying them, crazy.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Speaking of coronavirus.... what do you think the total cost of this will be to the US Federal budget/debt???

I presume a few trillion has been spent already. Another stimulus bill coming out any week now. Plus states want to be bailed out. And we will have an even longer financial impact to airlines, cruise ships, movie theaters, sports arenas, etc.

And I have not heard anyone mention that tax receipts will also be impacted, compounding the problem with lower revenue!

didn't hear this from a reliable source[ground zero radio show-clyde lewis], this guy was talking about covid20...supposedly it will be a lot more deadly than 19. he claims to have reliable sources although he didn't name them.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
This came up on my phone today, and I had to laugh. Remember all the people in the thread earlier saying, "Sweden didn't lockdown and look at them!"

https://www.businessinsider.com/sweden-opens-inquiry-into-coronavirus-strategy-of-no-lockdown-2020-7

Turns out they have one of the highest death rates in the world, their economy still tanked, and they managed to infect less than 8% of their population so they won't be avoiding any second waves like they thought.
doesn't sweden have a open border immigration policy?

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
doesn't sweden have a open border immigration policy?
I am not sure really, but a quick search looks like they once had open borders but ended that 4-5 years ago?

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Im guessing around $10 trillion.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I am not sure really, but a quick search looks like they once had open borders but ended that 4-5 years ago?
we caught a huge break...if hillary had been elected she wanted open borders here.

i don't think even democrats are stupid enough to be pushing for open borders with covid going on--but who knows, biden is brain dead, lol.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
we caught a huge break...if hillary had been elected she wanted open borders here.

i don't think even democrats are stupid enough to be pushing for open borders with covid going on--but who knows, biden is brain dead, lol.
Oh man. "If Hillary got elected" - not sure how anyone ever thought that was a good idea. If people aren't happy with Trump, they should find someone better than Hillary and Biden to compete for the spot.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Oh man. "If Hillary got elected" - not sure how anyone ever thought that was a good idea. If people aren't happy with Trump, they should find someone better than Hillary and Biden to compete for the spot.
lol...biden is running for senate...and dumbass democrats made him their candidate for president--at least hillary knew what office she was running for. :ROFLMAO:

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It wasn't a threat it was just life advice. Your the one caught up and overwhelmed in this thread. I enjoy reading the majority of the opinions, even majority of facts are opinions with all the different sources that people pick and choose to show what they think is right. Entertainment for me.
How was it “life advice?” I told someone I disagreed with them on a forum, and you said I should say it in person instead of “hiding behind a keyboard?” What does that even mean? I have no idea where you live. Why would I find you in real life to say I disagree with what you post online? That’s some really stupid s**t.

And you’ve been OBJECTIVELY wrong a myriad of times man. You‘be said such asinine things multiple people thought you were being sarcastic, because they didn’t believe anyone could be so stupid in sincerity.

You think you know what you are talking about, but you do not. You claim that the “facts” provided are “opinions,” and your “opinions” are “facts.” Multiple people in this thread have provided actual statistics and calculations, and you’ve ignored them all.

I’m not mad at you though, if anything, I feel pretty sorry for you that you lack the critical thinking ability to understand what people are telling you, and why you are wrong

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
damn, just found out that charlie daniels died today...RIP long haired country boy!!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
non of them countries do anymore ever since the muslims took over and literally ruined vast regions in several countries.
kinda like the needle and the damage done-eh?

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
How was it “life advice?” I told someone I disagreed with them on a forum, and you said I should say it in person instead of “hiding behind a keyboard?” What does that even mean? I have no idea where you live. Why would I find you in real life to say I disagree with what you post online? That’s some really stupid s**t.

And you’ve been OBJECTIVELY wrong a myriad of times man. You‘be said such asinine things multiple people thought you were being sarcastic, because they didn’t believe anyone could be so stupid in sincerity.

You think you know what you are talking about, but you do not. You claim that the “facts” provided are “opinions,” and your “opinions” are “facts.” Multiple people in this thread have provided actual statistics and calculations, and you’ve ignored them all.

I’m not mad at you though, if anything, I feel pretty sorry for you that you lack the critical thinking ability to understand what people are telling you, and why you are wrong
Guess you'll just see how things play out and you'll see how you are wrong. Just keep being a sheep. If people are concerned they need to stay hunkered down and hope it passes. I'm done in this thread until Trump wins the election and this strangely becomes a non topic.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Guess you'll just see how things play out and you'll see how you are wrong. Just keep being a sheep. If people are concerned they need to stay hunkered down and hope it passes. I'm done in this thread until Trump wins the election and this strangely becomes a non topic.
We can debate what we think the future of the virus will hold, as none of us know that for sure, but you’ve been wrong ad nauseam about PAST/CURRENT statistics. I’ve been correcting you on those statistics, and also your incorrect use of terminology and calculations, etc. If you can’t understand that fundamental distinction, then, again, I am truly sorry for you. Someone else already offered to buy you a calculator, so I’ll throw in an elementary math book too. We’ll have you somewhat mathematically literate in no time.

Bagofturdwind

Bagofturdwind

Awards
  • Established

@muscleupcrohn just bow out now before you bash your head into a wall from the uncompromising viewpoints. They’re incapable of seeing the bigotry and hypocrisy of their partisan talking points. I had back-and-forths with numerous people, always trying to offer some nuance and speak civilly, and while a few made some concessions, there was still a target on my back for not being ultra-conservative. Your heart is in the right place in an attempt to educate some people, but it’s going to fall on deaf ears. Save yourself the aggravation.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
@muscleupcrohn just bow out now before you bash your head into a wall from the uncompromising viewpoints. They’re incapable of seeing the bigotry and hypocrisy of their partisan talking points. I had back-and-forths with numerous people, always trying to offer some nuance and speak civilly, and while a few made some concessions, there was still a target on my back for not being ultra-conservative. Your heart is in the right place in an attempt to educate some people, but it’s going to fall on deaf ears. Save yourself the aggravation.
You're not wrong. Most people are reasonable. Like ax and bigt; we may not always see eye to eye, and I sometimes think they're very wrong, but at least we can agree on some things, and they're open to reason, and at least acknowledge points being made, even if they may not agree. But some of these people are blind to reason. They think being firm in their convictions shows their strength. But remaining firm in your views once you've been shown to be wrong is not the strength of a healthy man, but that of a madman, and is not something to be proud of or encouraged. But you're right, I'm beating a long-dead horse with this guy in particular.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
lol...of course you are not partisan-eh?

Bagofturdwind

Bagofturdwind

Awards
  • Established
lol...of course you are not partisan-eh?
I haven’t said anything unrealistic or untrue. You may not like my takes on racial equity or Trump’s incompetence, but I don’t come in here spewing lies or fake statistics. All I’ve ever tried to do is offer some nuance for the people on the far right to consider. The only reason I initially decided to chime in is bc this thread started to sound like a klan rally a week or so ago and was getting a little ridiculous. Again, I only tried to offer a view into the other side.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I haven’t said anything unrealistic or untrue. You may not like my takes on racial equity or Trump’s incompetence, but I don’t come in here spewing lies or fake statistics. All I’ve ever tried to do is offer some nuance for the people on the far right to consider. The only reason I initially decided to chime in is bc this thread started to sound like a klan rally a week or so ago and was getting a little ridiculous. Again, I only tried to offer a view into the other side.
dude don't get so touchy, hell everyone these days is partisan--just own it!!! ;)

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
dude don't get so touchy, hell everyone these days is partisan--just own it!!! ;)
I mean, everyone leans one way or the other, and you may lean one way, but you're not nearly as bad as some of the people ITT. People who are literally blind to reason and share objectively incorrect statistics and stick their head in the sand at accurate data and calculations.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I mean, everyone leans one way or the other, and you may lean one way, but you're not nearly as bad as some of the people ITT. People who are literally blind to reason and share objectively incorrect statistics and stick their head in the sand at accurate data and calculations.
absolutely, and i admit i am partisan!!

but do i agree all the time with everyone who leans the same way i do, hell no---there are no absolutes in life!!!

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
So because a few of us disagree with your viewpoints on the magnitude of the police brutality and systemic racism problem, we sound like KKK members? Am I understanding correctly?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So because a few of us disagree with your viewpoints on the magnitude of the police brutality and systemic racism problem, we sound like KKK members? Am I understanding correctly?
I wouldn’t say it’s you, or bigt, or ax that are the ones at fault here. There’s a few users that are literally blind to reason and post BS statistics and ignore valid ones as “opinions.” That my $0.02 anyway. I may not see eye to eye with you guys on everything, but at least you can have a discussion, and usually at least try to hear other views, where these other users literally ignore them entirely.

Edit: I’m mostly talking about people saying the virus is no worse than the flu, or posting BS statistics about it, etc. They know who they are lol.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I wouldn’t say it’s you, or bigt, or ax that are the ones at fault here. There’s a few users that are literally blind to reason and post BS statistics and ignore valid ones as “opinions.” That my $0.02 anyway. I may not see eye to eye with you guys on everything, but at least you can have a discussion, and usually at least try to hear other views, where these other users literally ignore them entirely.

Edit: I’m mostly talking about people saying the virus is no worse than the flu, or posting BS statistics about it, etc. They know who they are lol.
My biggest take away from this pandemic is that Americans need to really invest more in math education. People seem to completely lack the most basic of math skills. I'm not talking calculus or trig, or even algebra here. Just simple fractions, multiplication and division, etc.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My biggest take away from this pandemic is that Americans need to really invest more in math education. People seem to completely lack the most basic of math skills. I'm not talking calculus or trig, or even algebra here. Just simple fractions, multiplication and division, etc.
Yep. Like the guy claiming multiple positive tests from one person supposedly being counted as multiple positive cases (which of course no source was provided for) would in increase the reported death rate, even though it’s actually increasing the denominator, while leaving the numerator unchanged, which would actually decrease the reported death rate?

BamBam54

BamBam54

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
It's one thing to spar over covid statistics, where the real/verifiable facts and math should always prevail. There are always a couple guys would just can't/won't get on board because of a political bias.

And then there are always a couple of guys who have to try and throw in some racist accusations.... because of a political bias.

Sad indeed.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
lol...if i could think of one course that should be added to every school's curriculum it would be commonsense....

but i fear there would be a shortage of those qualified to teach the course.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yep. Like the guy claiming multiple positive tests from one person supposedly being counted as multiple positive cases (which of course no source was provided for) would in increase the reported death rate, even though it’s actually increasing the denominator, while leaving the numerator unchanged, which would actually decrease the reported death rate?
haha - well, yeah - but the real question is, can you die 3X? Because that could really skew the stats. :)

It has blown my mind how people seem to have recently discovered denominators and think this is some complicated idea that no one understands that they are bringing to the party. "Oh yeah, well, well, look at this! If I increase the number that you are dividing by, then, then the rate goes down!!"

Way to go genius. None of us, nor any of the professional statisticians, virologists, or doctors realized how a fraction works. Good thing you came along.

Funny thing though...I thought fractions were taught pretty early. I remember being in maybe 2nd or 3rd grade when I learned about this stuff. What has to go wrong in your life to not make it through 3rd grade? It's scary and does make me feel bad for these individuals when I think of it in that light.

lol...if i could think of one course that should be added to every school's curriculum it would be commonsense....

You actually made me laugh with the qualifications comment. Thanks.

Common sense is a funny term. It is neither common, nor sensible most of the time.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

What is “common sense” though? Both sides claim “common sense” for stupid things, like “common sense gun control laws” that either only ban things that are already illegal or base laws on purely cosmetic features?

Critical thinking and logical fallacies is what I think should be emphasized more. How to objectively look at something, and how to reason, and what fallacious logic is, how to (edit: spot) it, and how to avoid using it, or falling for it.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
What is “common sense” though? Both sides claim “common sense” for stupid things, like “common sense gun control laws” that either only ban things that are already illegal or base laws on purely cosmetic features?

Critical thinking and logical fallacies is what I think should be emphasized more. How to objectively look at something, and how to reason, and what fallacious logic is, how to spit it, and how to avoid using it, or falling for it.
lol...you just described my definition of commonsense....a lot of ideas sound good if you don't bother factoring in unintended consequences, of course it is impossible to forsee ALL possible consequences but it would be prudent to at least consider SOME of the possibilities.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It's one thing to spar over covid statistics, where the real/verifiable facts and math should always prevail. There are always a couple guys would just can't/won't get on board because of a political bias.

And then there are always a couple of guys who have to try and throw in some racist accusations.... because of a political bias.

Sad indeed.
I also get that interpretation of the data can make a difference. If we just look at the confirmed cases we have a death rate of around 5.5% last I checked. And I get that you can say, "well, there is data suggesting a lot of people aren't being counted" or "there is data saying deaths are being over counted" - and I can get that line of thinking to a degree.

But even using the data we actually have that supports those ideas, which is biased in favor of a lower death rate, we have an overall death rate of at least 0.4-0.8%. The amount of data supporting this as a minimum death rate at this point is staggering, if not quite irrefutable.

But how someone can take that, ignore all of the concessions that are given to arrive at these numbers as a low end, and then want to push it further and say something like, "This is 'slightly' more deadly than the flu" is just astounding. And it's more than one person in this thread so I don't intend to single anyone out. It's also in the media and in the real world when you come across people.

We have 130,000 people dead at this point. REGARDLESS of the death rate, it has killed more than 2X the number of people the flu would have killed in twice the time. That part IS irrefutable. Could that number be off a little? Sure. But by more than 15%? Unlikely. And if you're willing to say it's 15% off, are you willing to say it's 15% low? No, because it isn't about truth, it is about beliefs and making data fit your beliefs and refusing to see the other possibilities.

And then we have media outlets stirring it up, which is funny because as a republican I like to see my party as free thinking and against the media - but the media plays both sides. They have articles saying the serology tests are showing infection rates 50-80X higher than suspected - but the actual data shows we are catching 1/5 - 1/7 of the cases which means we are only, at best, 7X higher than the confirmed cases. And nobody does the math, they just read the headline and the premise of the article and run with it.

And that doesn't even get into the flaws around false positives, recruitment, lack of peer review, etc. for these studies. But how can I expect people to think that critically when they can't even do the basic math to figure out that 50X higher is just an attention grabbing headline?

And then the CDC has a study that has a low end of 0.2% using some pretty insane assumptions, and articles say, "0.2% death rate" as if it's fact and not just some crazy model to figure the low end.

Sorry for the rant, it's not directed at anyone in particular, it's just venting. haha.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
*You’re

I’m name calling because I’ve repeatedly corrected your posts with sources and verifiable facts, and you’ve repeatedly ignored them.

As for “hiding behind my keyboard,” this is an online forum, which means typing on keyboards. I disagree with you online, but I’d also disagree with you in person, but this is an online forum, no an in-person meetup. I’d disagree with you on a plane, I’d disagree with you on a train. Because you’re wrong, no matter where you are.
But do you like green eggs and ham?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I also get that interpretation of the data can make a difference. If we just look at the confirmed cases we have a death rate of around 5.5% last I checked. And I get that you can say, "well, there is data suggesting a lot of people aren't being counted" or "there is data saying deaths are being over counted" - and I can get that line of thinking to a degree.

But even using the data we actually have that supports those ideas, which is biased in favor of a lower death rate, we have an overall death rate of at least 0.4-0.8%. The amount of data supporting this as a minimum death rate at this point is staggering, if not quite irrefutable.

But how someone can take that, ignore all of the concessions that are given to arrive at these numbers as a low end, and then want to push it further and say something like, "This is 'slightly' more deadly than the flu" is just astounding. And it's more than one person in this thread so I don't intend to single anyone out. It's also in the media and in the real world when you come across people.

We have 130,000 people dead at this point. REGARDLESS of the death rate, it has killed more than 2X the number of people the flu would have killed in twice the time. That part IS irrefutable. Could that number be off a little? Sure. But by more than 15%? Unlikely. And if you're willing to say it's 15% off, are you willing to say it's 15% low? No, because it isn't about truth, it is about beliefs and making data fit your beliefs and refusing to see the other possibilities.

And then we have media outlets stirring it up, which is funny because as a republican I like to see my party as free thinking and against the media - but the media plays both sides. They have articles saying the serology tests are showing infection rates 50-80X higher than suspected - but the actual data shows we are catching 1/5 - 1/7 of the cases which means we are only, at best, 7X higher than the confirmed cases. And nobody does the math, they just read the headline and the premise of the article and run with it.

And that doesn't even get into the flaws around false positives, recruitment, lack of peer review, etc. for these studies. But how can I expect people to think that critically when they can't even do the basic math to figure out that 50X higher is just an attention grabbing headline?

And then the CDC has a study that has a low end of 0.2% using some pretty insane assumptions, and articles say, "0.2% death rate" as if it's fact and not just some crazy model to figure the low end.

Sorry for the rant, it's not directed at anyone in particular, it's just venting. haha.
Also, it's killed 2-6x more people than the flue does, in less than half the time WITH ALL THE MEASURES WE HAVE TAKEN. That's what people don't get. We normally do nothing for the flu, yet this has still killed multiple times more people in less time even with all the precautions that some people say were overreactions (which they only say because they worked).

Also, people are quick to say the death rate for this virus is too high because it doesn't account for people who are asymptomatic and never get tested (even though the NYC data did use antibody tests, which, while not perfect, is something), but don't want to do the same for the flu. You think every single person who gets the flu gets it confirmed with a positive test? If we adjust COVID down, why would you not also adjust the flu down too?

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Saw this in my YouTube feed and thought of this thread for obvious reasons:

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
@HIT4ME
You better knock it off with that math BS ~~
Lol, but aren't you one of the people who used bad math to justify asinine claims? Let's check:

Asinine claim #1:
The libs will ride this train until the elections are over... then it will probably be like any of your everyday memes. "and just like that covid 19 dissapeared"
#2, claiming that the MODELS being wrong means the ACTUAL DATA/COUNTS are too:
well if anything... we at very minimum ALL of the modeling has been wildy wrong. so maybe the serology stuff you a gleaning is using the incorrect data and its skewing the math.. (cough i mean algebra) :D
#3, claiming that SLIGHT adjustments/reductions in death counts suddenly means they're entirely wrong/useless:
and what about dr brix admitting the death numbers are fabricated.. just like Italy has revised its death numbers to reflect real covid deaths. instead of every death being a covid death. saying we have 100k deaths is not accurate to the CDC heads.
And #4, somehow thinking that math is something that we can "never agree on." It's either right or wrong.
...how do youall feel about those developments since we will never agree on math?
And your magnum opus, #5:
God damn it... you fekers have managed to drag my ass back in..

HIT brother/./. its like I told you two months ago … simple math. no need to convolute it with BS>. 7+ billion total people and 300k deaths/./. the math equals about .04 % which is what I said all along. this is total BS in comparison to the regular flu and NEVER warranted the shut down. that doesn't change your outlook and I understand it. but the math when done non common core tells the real story. further to make you all mad.. the CDC and the WHO now agree that Sweden was right all along.. weird.
You missed a zero, which is fair, we all make mistakes like that, but you used your bad logic to say it is "total BS in comparison to the regular flu and NEVER warranted the shut down."

That's the real BS here. It's killed 2-6x more people than the flu does in a year in less than half the time, despite all the shutdowns, but somehow you claim it's nothing compared to the flu?

Which, even if you didn't get your math wrong, and said it was 0.4% (not 0.04%), that's STILL roughly 4x the death rate estimated for the 2018-2019 flu (0.1%, calculated as 34,200 deaths over an estimated 35,500,000 cases). But yeah, somehow 4x as deadly is somehow less dangerous.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/2018-2019.html

Maybe look in the mirror before you mock other people about math.

Edit: you say that "common core" math is responsible for people disagreeing with you, even though YOU are the one who was wrong on MULTIPLE levels. Not only did you miss your answer by a factor of 10 (which is a common mistake), but you then said it was BS compared to the normal flu, even though your calculations should have still shown it to be roughly 4x deadlier than the flu. But yeah, you make fun of common core math when you can't do basic math.

BamBam54

BamBam54

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
And dont forget that the cpvid 0.4 number comes from antibody testing of every single person in the sample... where that was never done for the common flu. If you tested for every single common flu case that never went to a doctor, the flu fatality number would easily be an order of magnitude lower!

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
And dont forget that the cpvid 0.4 number comes from antibody testing of every single person in the sample... where that was never done for the common flu. If you tested for every single common flu case that never went to a doctor, the flu fatality number would easily be an order of magnitude lower!
I’m pretty sure that the 0.1% i just mentioned used estimated total flu cases, not just confirmed positives, but still, even that said, 0.4 is still 4x 0.1.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Lol, but aren't you one of the people who used bad math to justify asinine claims? Let's check:

Asinine claim #1:

#2, claiming that the MODELS being wrong means the ACTUAL DATA/COUNTS are too:

#3, claiming that SLIGHT adjustments/reductions in death counts suddenly means they're entirely wrong/useless:

And #4, somehow thinking that math is something that we can "never agree on." It's either right or wrong.

And your magnum opus, #5:

You missed a zero, which is fair, we all make mistakes like that, but you used your bad logic to say it is "total BS in comparison to the regular flu and NEVER warranted the shut down."

That's the real BS here. It's killed 2-6x more people than the flu does in a year in less than half the time, despite all the shutdowns, but somehow you claim it's nothing compared to the flu?

Which, even if you didn't get your math wrong, and said it was 0.4% (not 0.04%), that's STILL roughly 4x the death rate estimated for the 2018-2019 flu (0.1%, calculated as 34,200 deaths over an estimated 35,500,000 cases). But yeah, somehow 4x as deadly is somehow less dangerous.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/2018-2019.html

Maybe look in the mirror before you mock other people about math.

Edit: you say that "common core" math is responsible for people disagreeing with you, even though YOU are the one who was wrong on MULTIPLE levels. Not only did you miss your answer by a factor of 10 (which is a common mistake), but you then said it was BS compared to the normal flu, even though your calculations should have still shown it to be roughly 4x deadlier than the flu. But yeah, you make fun of common core math when you can't do basic math.
LOL. Reading this was like when Google Photos puts up your memories from 1 year ago. I remember that photo! This was great. You really dug down deep. I really love #4 - we can't agree on the math. That has to be the best IMO. Yes, the claiming it is basic math and implying no one else can do the math while using the entire population as the denominator and then misplacing a zero was classic, and not far behind, but personally, #4 really highlights the main issue. I mean, how can you not agree on MATH?

Oh, xR1pp3rx just posted a video explaining it. 2+2 isn't 4, it's only that way because someone said so. I say it is 5 so it is now 5.

Going back through all of that is gonna give you PTSD though. It's like running the same bad memory over and over again.