Anyone worried if Corona virus keeps spreading the gyms will shut down?

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
in 2 years that is what they will have renamed the US.
I dont know the mentality of the people in the US and how serious you all take this but looking from outside this what is happening seems dangerous to us who have gone through various revolutions, wars and fascist/communist/authoritarian regimes.

Not talking about covid talking about all these protests and riots.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I dont know the mentality of the people in the US and how serious you all take this but looking from outside this what is happening seems dangerous to us who have gone through various revolutions, wars and fascist/communist/authoritarian regimes.

crazy isn't it?

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

It’s the perfect storm of propaganda and far too many citizens willing to hop on board with misinformation. The media shows us everything to stir the pot, but never mention newsworthy events that contradict their agendas. COVID was/is a big enough strain on everyone, but these protests and riots are tearing our country apart in all the other aspects that COVID wasn’t able to impact.

It all stemmed from media hyped racism presumptions involving law enforcement (to briefly summarize), but these protests, riots, etc are actually creating a real resurgence of racism and violence on a large scale. Now the safety of all races is more of a threat than ever in the general public, and the police have nothing to do with that. First, we let China dismantle our country with the China virus, and now left wing extremists and their bands of protestors are going to make it a race to the finish line to destroy it.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
It’s the perfect storm of propaganda and far too many citizens willing to hop on board with misinformation. The media shows us everything to stir the pot, but never mention newsworthy events that contradict their agendas. COVID was/is a big enough strain on everyone, but these protests and riots are tearing our country apart in all the other aspects that COVID wasn’t able to impact.

It all stemmed from media hyped racism presumptions involving law enforcement (to briefly summarize), but these protests, riots, etc are actually creating a real resurgence of racism and violence on a large scale. Now the safety of all races is more of a threat than ever in the general public, and the police have nothing to do with that. First, we let China dismantle our country with the China virus, and now left wing extremists and their bands of protestors are going to make it a race to the finish line to destroy it.
damned good post, damned good!!!

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Guys overseas stay strong over there and keep your cool!

We cant let the red bastards take over.

They may have let it loose on purpose, we should consider that as a possibility. They could care less if they lose 500 million of their own anyway.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
damned good post, damned good!!!
I think so 🤣

Luckily, I think the majority of people share the same sentiment. 100% of people I have had conversations with about it in my personal and professional life feel likewise, and aren’t buying into the bullshyt. Even random patients at work bring it up in conversation and can’t believe the hypocrisy of it all. In the end, I remain hopeful that our country won’t succumb to these brainwashed lunatics and the good will prevail.

On another note, I wonder how long it will take for Trump to get blamed for the Sahara dust storm?

Last edited:
Bagofturdwind

Bagofturdwind

Awards
  • Established
these protests, riots, etc are actually creating a real resurgence of racism and violence on a large scale.
I get a lot of what you’re saying, but this is just a line a lot of prejudice people will latch onto to justify their racism. If some protests and news coverage made someone “resurge” their racism, I got news for ya, they were already racist. Recent events have just amplified the racism that’s already existed within people.

The beauty of that is it brings people’s true colors to the forefront. 21st century racism in the US is rarely white pointy hats and nooses. Sure there’s some of that, but white folk love to say, “I’m not like THAT, so I’m good — I’m not racist.” Racism today is much more nuanced and requires introspection into one’s bias and preconceptions. I don’t condone violence, and yes the media exploits certain storylines; however, chalking up a racism resurgence due to over-coverage of a very meaningful movement is excusing people’s prejudices and reducing the significance of the systemic problem.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I don't get how the death of a meth head who tried to kill his prego GF equals a very meaningful movement. I find your post blatantly wrong and the only nuance I see is the one were you just labeled white people as rascist. FU man ~~

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I get a lot of what you’re saying, but this is just a line a lot of prejudice people will latch onto to justify their racism. If some protests and news coverage made someone “resurge” their racism, I got news for ya, they were already racist. Recent events have just amplified the racism that’s already existed within people.

The beauty of that is it brings people’s true colors to the forefront. 21st century racism in the US is rarely white pointy hats and nooses. Sure there’s some of that, but white folk love to say, “I’m not like THAT, so I’m good — I’m not racist.” Racism today is much more nuanced and requires introspection into one’s bias and preconceptions. I don’t condone violence, and yes the media exploits certain storylines; however, chalking up a racism resurgence due to over-coverage of a very meaningful movement is excusing people’s prejudices and reducing the significance of the systemic problem.
There’s that systemic buzzzzzzzz word again...

Alright, BLM is very meaningful, for liberal funding. Look it up, ActBlue. How about that systemic beat down of that KKK Macy’s manager in Michigan?
If BLM truly cares about black lives, then why are African children being enslaved by (wait for it) other Africans to harvest diamonds? Caught stealing or trying to escape, 7.62x39 to the face and left to rot. Where is the outrage? Oh wait, the color chart doesnt work there huh? Stop systemic spoon feeding of propaganda. As soon as one hears the word “systemic” it’s safe to assume they are a parrot. Please fact check this.

Bagofturdwind

Bagofturdwind

Awards
  • Established
There’s that systemic buzzzzzzzz word again...

Alright, BLM is very meaningful, for liberal funding. Look it up, ActBlue. How about that systemic beat down of that KKK Macy’s manager in Michigan?
If BLM truly cares about black lives, then why are African children being enslaved by (wait for it) other Africans to harvest diamonds? Caught stealing or trying to escape, 7.62x39 to the face and left to rot. Where is the outrage? Oh wait, the color chart doesnt work there huh? Stop systemic spoon feeding of propaganda. As soon as one hears the word “systemic” it’s safe to assume they are a parrot. Please fact check this.
So one word I used made you go into a tailspin of irrelevant affairs that sidestep the subtle 21st century racism in the US I was alluding to. Your response is what I’m talking about. The inability to introspect and acknowledge preconceived prejudices, and instead just deflect to “well BLM has some messed up stuff goin on, y’know!” That’s not the point. My point is the covert racism that’s being brought to the forefront. We all have microaggressions — unintentional and well meaning or not. The fact that so many people are uncomfortable with this new race talk that they constantly deflect (see above) than self-reflect and recognize that there is indeed some nuance that’s required here. But sure yes, let’s go back to those google old days before all of this media coverage. Days when there was no subtle racism occurring. You’d only hear things like, “He actually speaks well” “He doesn’t sound black” Oh he went to college?” “I don’t see color.” “Is that your real hair?” “Their names are ridiculous.” “They’re dramatic” “Most of them need government assistance” “Just get a job and work your way up the chain; I did it” “Well I didn’t own any slaves, so...” and the good ole clenching of the purses and wallets as you pass a black man on the street. Those days were perfect. No need to change. Some people are disadvantaged by the “system” in which we operate. It’s just a fact, whether you’d like to admit it or deflect.

Bagofturdwind

Bagofturdwind

Awards
  • Established
I don't get how the death of a meth head who tried to kill his prego GF equals a very meaningful movement. I find your post blatantly wrong and the only nuance I see is the one were you just labeled white people as rascist. FU man ~~
You’re right. I’m sure you’ve never done drugs before. I’m sure had you been murdered when high it would’ve been justified bc you were on DrUgS man. And on what planet did I call white people racist? This is the very problem I’m referring to. If you don’t even have the ability to reflect on a movement and try to understand the struggles of others and instead just deflect and somehow make yourself the victim, you’re the problem.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
IMG_7072.JPG

Maybe this belongs more in the political thread, but we’re currently touching on it here so...here it is. The 2020 election won’t leave us with someone with the capabilities to lead us down a better path as a country, regardless of which letter follows their name.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So one word I used made you go into a tailspin of irrelevant affairs that sidestep the subtle 21st century racism in the US I was alluding to. Your response is what I’m talking about. The inability to introspect and acknowledge preconceived prejudices, and instead just deflect to “well BLM has some messed up stuff goin on, y’know!” That’s not the point. My point is the covert racism that’s being brought to the forefront. We all have microaggressions — unintentional and well meaning or not. The fact that so many people are uncomfortable with this new race talk that they constantly deflect (see above) than self-reflect and recognize that there is indeed some nuance that’s required here. But sure yes, let’s go back to those google old days before all of this media coverage. Days when there was no subtle racism occurring. You’d only hear things like, “He actually speaks well” “He doesn’t sound black” Oh he went to college?” “I don’t see color.” “Is that your real hair?” “Their names are ridiculous.” “They’re dramatic” “Most of them need government assistance” “Just get a job and work your way up the chain; I did it” “Well I didn’t own any slaves, so...” and the good ole clenching of the purses and wallets as you pass a black man on the street. Those days were perfect. No need to change. Some people are disadvantaged by the “system” in which we operate. It’s just a fact, whether you’d like to admit it or deflect.
Child slavery happening right now this very second in Africa is irrelevant? So black lives don’t matter is what you’re saying. Got it. Only Brat lives matter. Have a nice day.

Bagofturdwind

Bagofturdwind

Awards
  • Established
Child slavery happening right now this very second in Africa is irrelevant? So black lives don’t matter is what you’re saying. Got it. Only Brat lives matter. Have a nice day.
Dude... I said “subtle US racism” like 9 times in my 2 posts. I’m not saying ignore every other worldly problem. Why is this so difficult to understand? I’m talking about what’s going on in the US right now. Clearly you’re just going to choose to keep deflecting instead of acknowledging anything of substance I said. Got it.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Affirmative action allows equal opportunity. Show me a “systemic” problem and we’ll fight it together but white guilt seems to be the movement now (which is running rampant in aforementioned posts).

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Great video of someone who speaks the truth! Much respect for her ✊
If only everyone could check the facts and think for themselves before jumping aboard a destructive crusade. It boggles my mind that there are actually people out there that have bought into all the propaganda.
the draft dodgers who got college deferments to keep from going to viet nam are now tenured college professors teaching the youth of today.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lol, I’ve scheduled and cancelled my appointments like 10x. 24’s hours suck and they’ve closed quite a few in town!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
anyone see any hispanics in the crowd at protests/riots/lootings?

all i have seen are angry whites/blacks.

Hilltern

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Looks like gyms in AZ are closing down for another month. FL and TX are probably not too far behind. I saw that coming a mile away.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Looks like gyms in AZ are closing down for another month. FL and TX are probably not too far behind. I saw that coming a mile away.
Yeah, FL already shut their beaches/bars so I’m guessing the gyms will be closed again soon.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
A local business owner told me yesterday that “governor” Jared Schultz (polis, he changed his last name before election, look up details if intrigued) is planning to make a decision on July 6 as to if CO will go back to lockdown due to the Wuhan flu. I can’t really find anything validating this so I’m excited to see on July 6.

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Class action suit about to be filed by gym owners here in NY. We've been without the gym since March 16 and there's no end in sight.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Beaches not closed in Florida, only closing for the 4th.
Oh, could’ve sworn I read they closed the beaches entirely. My bad for mis-information!!

Quest

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What will happen to the officers that shot Brooks? Do you think he will be convicted of a crime?

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
If I had conducted myself the way Rayshard Brooks did that night, I would expect to be shot at while trying to escape custody and shooting a taser. None of that represents anything close to abiding by the law by any stretch. If you don’t act like a complete ass, the chances of an officer killing you are probably zero.

This Mr. Brooks is yet another example of an outstanding citizen. Four previous charges of obstructing a police officer, cruelty to children, and domestic violence are on his record. Sounds like justice was served to me.

Officer Rolfe was clearly doing his job in keeping himself and the general public safe.

Quest

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I feel the same way about Brooke's case. Poor guy was just doing his job trying to get home.

What about Floyd? Manslaughter?

That's when the riots are gonna go bananas.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I feel the same way about Brooke's case. Poor guy was just doing his job trying to get home.

What about Floyd? Manslaughter?

That's when the riots are gonna go bananas.
That’s for sure. The trial of the officers involved with the Floyd case will be the next thing to cause upheaval. Anything less than the death penalty or life in prison for Chauvin will be unacceptable for the protestors. This may or may not be justified - we shall see.

While I think the actions of Chauvin appear to be excessive and cruel, I don’t think we have been offered his side if the story- which may not be as cut and dry as it appears. What exactly was happening inside that police cruiser just before we see Floyd pinned on the ground? My guess is they were unable to restrain him with routine tactics and we already know Floyd was high on meth and fentanyl. Meth is notorious for making people very unpredictable and nearly impossible to control- which often requires pharmaceutical sedation. He wasn’t exactly a small man either.

The trial(s) will probably take place after the election, so maybe that will help matters..

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
in the age of deep fakes.. did anyone catch the video claiming the Floyd officer was a paid actor and Floyd is still alive??? I don't even know what my eyes were telling me.

Quest

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm by far no racist. But maybe my privileged life has taught me to not see the racism with Floyd?

Were the cops called because he was black?
Did the police use racist words?
Was the officer holding him down emotionally charged?

How will they prove hate crime or murder?

Manslaughter..
he should have let him up to sit cuffed up.

Officer is sober, he's on meth wtf.

Bagofturdwind

Bagofturdwind

Awards
  • Established
This thread is really giving life to the old adage of gym rats being myopic conservatives. I’ll get ratioed for this bc that’s the culture here, but it’d be nice if we can all get on board with fewer police murders — whether it’s of a black, brown or white person. We’ve been conditioned to blindly accept the erroneous “reasonableness” defense ever since Graham v Connor. If cops are that mortified for their lives that they find it “reasonable” to shoot every person that makes them a hair scared, maybe they should consider another profession. Going forward, it’d be nice to require officers to get degrees and have mandatory sociology, psychology, civil rights, humanities, and ethics and civics classes in the curriculum. That can start to move the needle in the right direction.

Quest

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes sir!

I don't care what degree or training, if a passed out drunk, freshly released criminal steals my weapon, I would shoot him, her or whatever right dead in the wig!

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I do think the problem about the Floyd issue is everyone wants to make it about race, the color does not dictate the guy was garbage. Majority of people agree why are we still talking about that guy, any other race and we would be saying no loss. Abolish racism, no one disagrees with that. But cops are not the problem, starts in the home with family structure.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
we can all get on board with fewer police murders — whether it’s of a black, brown or white person. Going forward, it’d be nice to require officers to get degrees and have mandatory sociology, psychology, civil rights, humanities, and ethics and civics classes in the curriculum. That can start to move the needle in the right direction.
This I can agree with.

And monthly training within “stressful” environments.

Last edited:
Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
This thread is really giving life to the old adage of gym rats being myopic conservatives. I’ll get ratioed for this bc that’s the culture here, but it’d be nice if we can all get on board with fewer police murders — whether it’s of a black, brown or white person. We’ve been conditioned to blindly accept the erroneous “reasonableness” defense ever since Graham v Connor. If cops are that mortified for their lives that they find it “reasonable” to shoot every person that makes them a hair scared, maybe they should consider another profession. Going forward, it’d be nice to require officers to get degrees and have mandatory sociology, psychology, civil rights, humanities, and ethics and civics classes in the curriculum. That can start to move the needle in the right direction.
That’s what the media wants you to believe..

You have to consider the real data and not media/political drama that‘s flashed up in front of your face. So there's 50 million police encounters a year in the US. Out of that, there are 50 deaths of unarmed people. Some are black, more are white. That is an error rate of one per million, or .0001 percent. That's three times lower than what we accept in machine processing, and also much lower than what is acceptable in any occupation. We are being conditioned to hold them up to standards that aren’t all that achievable- because they are human.

So it's a one and a million chance, and we are trying to bring that one in a million chance to a zero in a million chance. If it’s even possible with reform to bring it down to zero in a million, with that one incidence of chance and error, incompetence, resistance, or a bad cop- it goes right back up to one in a million. So it's going to be a very difficult thing because it‘s a rare mistake that cost lives. We should be praising/thanking them for a job well done and for risking their lives to keep us safe rather than demoralizing them into retirement for the wrong doing of a few.

Bagofturdwind

Bagofturdwind

Awards
  • Established
That’s what the media wants you to believe..

You have to consider the real data and not media/political drama that‘s flashed up in front of your face. So there's 50 million police encounters a year in the US. Out of that, there are 50 deaths of unarmed people. Some are black, more are white. That is an error rate of one per million, or .0001 percent. That's three times lower than what we accept in machine processing, and also much lower than what is acceptable in any occupation. We are being conditioned to hold them up to standards that aren’t all that achievable- because they are human.

So it's a one and a million chance, and we are trying to bring that one in a million chance to a zero in a million chance. If it’s even possible with reform to bring it down to zero in a million, with that one incidence of chance and error, incompetence, resistance, or a bad cop- it goes right back up to one in a million. So it's going to be a very difficult thing because it‘s a rare mistake that cost lives. We should be praising/thanking them for a job well done and for risking their lives to keep us safe rather than demoralizing them into retirement for the wrong doing of a few.
It’s interesting that 25 unarmed black men were shot in 2019, half that 50 number you referenced. And yet black Americans only make up 13% of the population. 13% —> 50%. Almost as if there’s a problem there. Meh statistics shmatistics. Also, I don’t care if that number is 50, 30 or 7. The number should be as close to 0 as possible. Having a lax standard does little to help this number. The standards for police to not be so trigger-happy needs to be higher.

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Look at the stats, trigger happy, smh. You are just following what the media tells you to believe, talk to unpaid blacks and they echo the same views. Do your own leg work you will see the truth. But really sounds like your mind is made up. Side note you do realize all the black athletes and actors all voted for Trump right? People always take their priorities first.

Bagofturdwind

Bagofturdwind

Awards
  • Established
Look at the stats, trigger happy, smh. You are just following what the media tells you to believe, talk to unpaid blacks and they echo the same views. Do your own leg work you will see the truth. But really sounds like your mind is made up. Side note you do realize all the black athletes and actors all voted for Trump right? People always take their priorities first.
What planet do you live on? Bc it‘s not this one. Do you just make up things in your mind about everything you want to believe? I bet the hundreds of vocal black athletes on social media all voted for bigger sandwiches too. They seem like they eat a lot so they def voted for bigger sandwiches #truth

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It’s honestly best not to even engage with that whole camp. Like you said, their minds are already made up. Actual statistics and facts do not matter.

bradleyt1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
anyone see any hispanics in the crowd at protests/riots/lootings?

all i have seen are angry whites/blacks.
No because Hispanics are to busy trying to work for a living.. not worrying about a poor me mentality and going on and on about non sense.. also Spaniards (which happens to be my nationality) diD things right from the start at least in regards to race.. the Spaniards integrates and mixes with the indigenous and African slaves for 100s of years.. unlike this fucking country where up until 1960s there were laws against interracial marriage.. so fucking ignorant.. here I the US yeah it’s a melting pot as in we have al kinds of races but they are all separated.. whites.. blacks.. Asian.. you go to say a Hispanic country or even Puerto Rico.. and the majority of people are all Tri Racial.. having mixed ancestry background and there is no white or black nonsense.... same with Brazil and other places colonized by Spain or Portugal.. only here in the US does the color of your skin matter.. rediculous