Anyone worried if Corona virus keeps spreading the gyms will shut down?

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Not sure how it’s even legal to open without locker room and bathrooms?
Well you can get into the locker room to go to the bathroom, but all the lockers inside and the sauna is closed down.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You do know that’s a corticosteroid, not an anabolic steroid, right?

BamBam54

BamBam54

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
You do know that’s a corticosteroid, not an anabolic steroid, right?

Of course. Just having fun with the verbiage (ya know... given this anabolic site and all} Corona muscle head humor... lighten up :)

Hilltern

Awards
  • First Up Vote
So what you’re saying is I need to hoard some more toilet paper, right???

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Of course. Just having fun with the verbiage (ya know... given this anabolic site and all} Corona muscle head humor... lighten up :)
To be fair, given the crazy things people have been saying about this whole pandemic, in the government, on the news, and on this site, it’s really hard to tells what’s serious and what’s not.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
To be fair, given the crazy things people have been saying about this whole pandemic, in the government, on the news, and on this site, it’s really hard to tells what’s serious and what’s not.

BamBam54

BamBam54

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Saw an NBC news story on coronavirus this morning with an unusual political slant...

Reporter was talking about a spike in covid cases in Tulsa, Oklahoma along with the upcoming Trump rally. He went on to say that this recent "spike" in cases was specifically in the 18-34 year age group. What?? First I have heard that little detail slip out.

Sounds like this spike is not really the result of states reopening... but rather the likely outcome of kids protesting and rioting in close quarters based on that age demographic! And to top it off, they are trying to spin it as yet another reason to stop the Trump rally (when Juneteenth wasn't quite enough)

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Saw an NBC news story on coronavirus this morning with an unusual political slant...

Reporter was talking about a spike in covid cases in Tulsa, Oklahoma along with the upcoming Trump rally. He went on to say that this recent "spike" in cases was specifically in the 18-34 year age group. What?? First I have heard that little detail slip out.

Sounds like this spike is not really the result of states reopening... but rather the likely outcome of kids protesting and rioting in close quarters based on that age demographic! And to top it off, they are trying to spin it as yet another reason to stop the Trump rally (when Juneteenth wasn't quite enough)
18-34 yr old brats. These are the kids who used to lay down in stores and throw tantrums and never got their ass beat. Now they lay down on the highway and go splat.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Pretty sure there may be local codes on restrooms though. Lots of places have code that establish a certain of number of toilets per area (square feet) or expected maximum occupancy.
I don't know if there's different rules for different states. But as far as I'm aware. A business needs to provide bathrooms to there employees, not there customer.

I've been in many Dunkin donuts, gas stations, small restaurant, office building ect that don't have bathrooms for anyone other then employees. I can't see how a gym would have to provide you a bathroom if a restruant doesn't

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!

There just increasing the testing, so more ppl appear to have it. The most likely been had it

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Since a lot of you started cycles now (even i started some light sh1t) that seemingly covid 19 lost its foothold a bit, are you worried about its comeback (which considering last week seems like a big possibility) and that you will have to stop cycle again?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Since a lot of you started cycles now (even i started some light sh1t) that seemingly covid 19 lost its foothold a bit, are you worried about its comeback (which considering last week seems like a big possibility) and that you will have to stop cycle again?
taking precautions is always prudent, but you can't live your life in fear.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Well, you don't have to stop the cycle...

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
taking precautions is always prudent, but you can't live your life in fear.
PicsArt_06-20-04.55.30.jpg

Hahah no but seriously, i am not scared to cycle because of covid but there is always that feeling that it may not be the right time, what if the gyms close, i am not getting 100% out of it, why the hell am i cycling if i am going to be quarantineed again etc etc

It is basically an apprehension, a feeling like a cycle may go to waste or not be optimal, which in eyes of a quasi-perfectionist like me means complete failure lol

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
View attachment 194961

Hahah no but seriously, i am not scared to cycle because of covid but there is always that feeling that it may not be the right time, what if the gyms close, i am not getting 100% out of it, why the hell am i cycling if i am going to be quarantineed again etc etc

It is basically an apprehension, a feeling like a cycle may go to waste or not be optimal, which in eyes of a quasi-perfectionist like me means complete failure lol
never let fear go to waste-eh? :)

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
to be honest bro I’d originally said I’d be waiting till covid was minimised before I started (especially tren) but my life events over took Covid and I didn’t really care about the slight extra risk anymore. Plus with all the other **** I do (ozone, nad etc) I’m still thinking I’m unlikely to have issues.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
to be honest bro I’d originally said I’d be waiting till covid was minimised before I started (especially tren) but my life events over took Covid and I didn’t really care about the slight extra risk anymore. Plus with all the other **** I do (ozone, nad etc) I’m still thinking I’m unlikely to have issues.
it might be years before this covid crap is over, i can't put my life on hold any longer. i refuse to live my life in fear.

Hilltern

Awards
  • First Up Vote
My gym just sent me an email about their reopening later this week, and while I’m pumped to get back in there I still think waiting a month is the smart move.

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
fawk that. get in there man! my state wont open them for no telling how long. my depression is deepening, and would pretty much do anything to get back to the gym.
I hear this ...Just started back up myself, gave my gym a week after they opened, then I got my first sesh. in last Thursday and 2nd last night, Monday. Surprisingly at the time I go 8-10 it’s been very empty, which is nice on many levels.

Everyone should start back up ASAP! Especially if you haven’t trained in 90 fcuking days, like myself...I’ve lost significant strength and the soreness is real.

The only thing as depressing or more, than that long lay-off...is this overwhelming “comeback” ...Yeah muscle memory is helping but I think it’s overrated. I was banging out 12 rep pull ups, full rom at a heavier body weight than I am now. I think I got 4 pullups Monday night

Hilltern

Awards
  • First Up Vote
fawk that. get in there man! my state wont open them for no telling how long. my depression is deepening, and would pretty much do anything to get back to the gym.
I feel that bro. I’ve been keeping my depression mostly at bay too. Gyms just seem like one of the worst places for droplets though. If we know nothing else we do at least know that’s how it spreads and I think I’d be even more depressed if I contracted corona.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I feel that bro. I’ve been keeping my depression mostly at bay too. Gyms just seem like one of the worst places for droplets though. If we know nothing else we do at least know that’s how it spreads and I think I’d be even more depressed if I contracted corona.
i remember back in grade school when they still gave out whacks as punishment...i would be worried about getting whacked on the ass, but the whack was NEVER as bad as the worry. get out there and live your life!!!

Hilltern

Awards
  • First Up Vote
i remember back in grade school when they still gave out whacks as punishment...i would be worried about getting whacked on the ass, but the whack was NEVER as bad as the worry. get out there and live your life!!!
True, but a virus is a little different. Gyms are just natural hot zones for respiratory droplets and that makes me a bit more cautious. I think I could only hold out for another month (until August) though.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
True, but a virus is a little different. Gyms are just natural hot zones for respiratory droplets and that makes me a bit more cautious. I think I could only hold out for another month (until August) though.
and then what? my feeling is this virus isn't going away for quite some time, i am done letting fear control my life....i will take every precaution possible when around vulnerable people, but even though my wife and i are both in our 60's we are very healthy.

if we get the virus we will quarantine and ride it out, then hopefully we are done with it and won't have it dictating how we live our lives any longer.

BamBam54

BamBam54

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Personally, I think there are only 3 choices. Getting the virus soon, getting the virus later, or waiting for some kind of vaccine.

As a relatively healthy 55 yr old, I think the preferred choice for me (if I had a choice) is getting it this summer while hospitals are not packed in case it doesn't go well for me. I think the vaccine is the best choice for those in the most high risk group (65+ and/or with severe comorbids). And I think the second wave in Oct flu season is going to be a real thing, and I'd rather not get hit when the hospital system is more stressed and chaotic.

So yeah, get me into a local gym as soon as they are available. Also - my boy got a summer job at the mega walmart and my feelings would not be hurt at all if he brings me home a corona gift bag.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Personally, I think there are only 3 choices. Getting the virus soon, getting the virus later, or waiting for some kind of vaccine.

As a relatively healthy 55 yr old, I think the preferred choice for me (if I had a choice) is getting it this summer while hospitals are not packed in case it doesn't go well for me. I think the vaccine is the best choice for those in the most high risk group (65+ and/or with severe comorbids). And I think the second wave in Oct flu season is going to be a real thing, and I'd rather not get hit when the hospital system is more stressed and chaotic.

So yeah, get me into a local gym as soon as they are available. Also - my boy got a summer job at the mega walmart and my feelings would not be hurt at all if he brings me home a corona gift bag.
(y)

Hilltern

Awards
  • First Up Vote
and then what? my feeling is this virus isn't going away for quite some time, i am done letting fear control my life....i will take every precaution possible when around vulnerable people, but even though my wife and i are both in our 60's we are very healthy.

if we get the virus we will quarantine and ride it out, then hopefully we are done with it and won't have it dictating how we live our lives any longer.
My logic for holding out one extra month is that maybe therapeutics will be more readily available and understood by then should I get it soon thereafter. A vaccine is probably a few more months away at best (I’m optimistic given the Moderna & UK phase 3 trials starting soon), but good therapeutics should be found quicker than that. Once we have good therapeutics most people could get back to normal life I’d think.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Are we even sure the virus will come in waves?

So far i havent seen any evidence that autumn/winter will be worse than summer.

For all we know, there may be a terrible breakout during summer and then it calms down in autum. We really dont know when it comes to this virus.

BamBam54

BamBam54

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Well, I think its pretty safe to say that covid is an upper respiratory disease, and all upper respiratory diseases flare up in the cool/damp weather (hence a flu season that hits in the same time every year). And the covid hit pretty hard just catching the tail end of the normal flu season.

Conventional wisdom and infectious disease study to date would thus lead us to believe that covid will hit even harder when it has the full flu season to work with. CDC says something like this typically comes in waves.
https://www.health.com/condition/infectious-diseases/coronavirus/cdc-warns-second-wave-coronavirus

I guess nothing is written in stone with a deadly novel virus... but there is no evidence/fact/reason at all to think this is going to fade away quietly into the night.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Type any 3 digit number and then new cases in google

“not an agenda” 😂

Hilltern

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Type any 3 digit number and then new cases in google

“not an agenda” 😂
More likely to be a function of a search engine algorithm than some cabal’s agenda. You can partially tell by the fact the search results have the number but not always the same headline, or even same view/stance/gist.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
My logic for holding out one extra month is that maybe therapeutics will be more readily available and understood by then should I get it soon thereafter. A vaccine is probably a few more months away at best (I’m optimistic given the Moderna & UK phase 3 trials starting soon), but good therapeutics should be found quicker than that. Once we have good therapeutics most people could get back to normal life I’d think.
as far as vaccines go-do you get a yearly flu shot?

i was amazed to hear so many waiting on a covid vaccine don't even get yearly flu shots...this doesn't instill much confidence in reliability/safety of a covid vaccine, at least for me?

Hilltern

Awards
  • First Up Vote
as far as vaccines go-do you get a yearly flu shot?

i was amazed to hear so many waiting on a covid vaccine don't even get yearly flu shots...this doesn't instill much confidence in reliability/safety of a covid vaccine, at least for me?
I didn’t until 2 years ago I got the flu so bad I was borderline pneumonia and was almost hospitalized. Since then I have, and will get it. I think the general fear of this virus will cause more to get a vaccine though.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I didn’t until 2 years ago I got the flu so bad I was borderline pneumonia and was almost hospitalized. Since then I have, and will get it. I think the general fear of this virus will cause more to get a vaccine though.
you do know you could have just gotten a pneumonia shot, they AREeffective and are good up to 7 years, whereas the flu shot is hit or miss from year to year.

Last edited:

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
The healthiest people are at the gym, with strong immune systems...The gym is one of the few places I see doing something to keep clean.
I haven’t seen my gym cleaner and literally everyone has a spray bottle with industrial cleaner and microfiber towels. everyone is forced to do so. The whole place wreaks of isopropyl alcohol and and cleaning supply lol

hospitals and medical facilities would be the places you’d want to avoid

I prefer the wiping of equipment though. I hate having to lift on others’ oils lol

Hilltern

Awards
  • First Up Vote
you do know you could have just gotten a pneumonia shot, they AREeffective and are good up to 7 years, whereas the flu shot is hit or miss from year to year.
Yeah I know. The flu shot at its worst gives you some mild protection and is like $10 or less and often free. I’d rather just walk up to my local pharmacy, show my insurance card and get a flu shot free of charge. I see 0 downside to getting it.

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
South Florida LA fitness no different than before, just a gym. Don't touch your face and wash your hands. If air born exposure is real not much you can do. Stay safe and healthy. PS don't go to the gym here I like it empty. Lol.