Anyone worried if Corona virus keeps spreading the gyms will shut down?

BamBam54

BamBam54

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
The reason I am saying Rand Paul can't be a carrier, is that a person has to get infected by the virus to become a carrier/spreader. The best science to date (based on MERS, SARS, and now COVID) is that once you get infected you cannot get infected again. Out of several million cases of covid on record it has NEVER happened. At least for a decent period of time (measured in years). Set an example?? It would be ludicrous for Rand Paul wear a mask when he can't be infected. Like a Halloween costume in May!!

Unless you mean just getting virus on your clothes and skin, and spreading it around like an object. No different from a dog or cat or mail or amazon packages. But at that point its ridiculous. As long as someone is not an asymptomatic carrier/spreader, they are as safe an anything else in society. Safer even, because they can't even screw up and accidentally slip up the many layers of PPE defense, which will likely happen at some point with everyone else. Until we all eventually get it. The 'herd immunity' we are delaying thru extended lockdown and political con games.

Because speaking of math... how do YOU suggest we keep paying for the semi/full lockdown game when its costing at least $2 trillion a month. Tax the rich?? (after they get taxed to cover your dreams of free college, climate change, higher minimum wage, and free healthcare)

*edited typo/clarity

Last edited:
justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I believe many share my frustration in this thread, and it more emanates from a more than cavalier attitude towards some kind of belief in 'personal rights' over the health and well being of others; coupled with some kind of political bent, and a dash of conspiracy theory to boot.

This pandemic has been used as a political football, by a few, but the facts remain.

- The plan was discarded left by Obama
- The team (Ebola) disbanded / fired
- There is no plan on a national level
- The states are on their own, and have been

There are vast cultural differences from us and the rest of the world and it is showing how we have failed to attack this virus from the start with testing and contact tracing. It had to be done at the start and the failure as it lay at the feet of our current leadership is only a byproduct and aside.

We are are all facing the truth of a deadly virus that has it's ability as of yet; not all known.
There have been instances in children being affected by it in 19 states, and the results are horrific.

At this time, opening the states is not wise.
Is it ok to partially open? It may be required, but it is not optimal. We need to obey some basic rules as many have stated as well in here on both sides of a political spectrum.

- Masks
- Wash
- Distance

Protect the weaker for sure
Understand and educate about Asymptomatic Cases of people who can have it without symptoms for weeks, yet they can spread it far and wide, unless we all assume we are carriers. That seems to be wisest.

Private industry may set the standard for re-openings.
Looking towards the large companies, such as Apple; Google, and others.

I found it profoundly cool that Twitter is now letting their entire staff work from home.
I've enjoyed my work from home experience, and I hope it lasts, but I fear it will not; depending on my company leadership.

If anyone wishes to twist any of my words in this post, consider yours. This is not an interest in tweaking one's political beliefs / leanings. I'd be shocked no matter who was in office and handling this with such disregard for lives. Put it to bed.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
There wouldnt be a need for "enforced" restrictions, if some people were not so retarded in their activities. Cos, if some people are allowed to go about doing retarded sh1t, this sets a precedent for other sheep who will then see cos there are no repurcussions for retarded behaviour then they too can be dumba$$es.

A playground is a high risk environment, pretty obvious. What urgent need is there to take a kid there? Lol, none.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I'm not by any means anti vaccine, but would you really want to take a vaccine or give your kids a vaccine that you have no clue what it might do to you or them 10-15 years down the road? I can't do it. It just seems too risky to me. Now if I was 50+ years old, I might have a different outlook.
guess what, I am 61 and my outlook is no different than yours...if I am on a table about to die experiment all you want, but until then, no thanks!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I believe many share my frustration in this thread, and it more emanates from a more than cavalier attitude towards some kind of belief in 'personal rights' over the health and well being of others; coupled with some kind of political bent, and a dash of conspiracy theory to boot.

This pandemic has been used as a political football, by a few, but the facts remain.

- The plan was discarded left by Obama
- The team (Ebola) disbanded / fired
- There is no plan on a national level
- The states are on their own, and have been

There are vast cultural differences from us and the rest of the world and it is showing how we have failed to attack this virus from the start with testing and contact tracing. It had to be done at the start and the failure as it lay at the feet of our current leadership is only a byproduct and aside.

We are are all facing the truth of a deadly virus that has it's ability as of yet; not all known.
There have been instances in children being affected by it in 19 states, and the results are horrific.

At this time, opening the states is not wise.
Is it ok to partially open? It may be required, but it is not optimal. We need to obey some basic rules as many have stated as well in here on both sides of a political spectrum.

- Masks
- Wash
- Distance

Protect the weaker for sure
Understand and educate about Asymptomatic Cases of people who can have it without symptoms for weeks, yet they can spread it far and wide, unless we all assume we are carriers. That seems to be wisest.

Private industry may set the standard for re-openings.
Looking towards the large companies, such as Apple; Google, and others.

I found it profoundly cool that Twitter is now letting their entire staff work from home.
I've enjoyed my work from home experience, and I hope it lasts, but I fear it will not; depending on my company leadership.

If anyone wishes to twist any of my words in this post, consider yours. This is not an interest in tweaking one's political beliefs / leanings. I'd be shocked no matter who was in office and handling this with such disregard for lives. Put it to bed.
to sum up this post...trump bad. Obama GOD

did I get it right?

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
to sum up this post...trump bad. Obama GOD

did I get it right?
No. You just exemplified what’s wrong with you and this thread. Congrats.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
What's the secret to Russia's success?

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Had to go out for a few hours for my job today, and for full disclosure I was wearing a mask. But, just as an observation, today looked like a normal Friday in Virginia compared to the previous 7-8 Friday’s I’ve had to go out for my job. I think I saw 1 person in a mask out of hundreds, tons of traffic, no social distancing, etc. I hope I’m wrong, but I have a feeling VA’s COVID cases will jump dramatically if people aren’t reigned in a little. For the record, I’m not necessarily against opening up; I’m just against wide open. Today was wide open.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Had to go out for a few hours for my job today, and for full disclosure I was wearing a mask. But, just as an observation, today looked like a normal Friday in Virginia compared to the previous 7-8 Friday’s I’ve had to go out for my job. I think I saw 1 person in a mask out of hundreds, tons of traffic, no social distancing, etc. I hope I’m wrong, but I have a feeling VA’s COVID cases will jump dramatically if people aren’t reigned in a little. For the record, I’m not necessarily against opening up; I’m just against wide open. Today was wide open.
My experience in FLA.
I'm on the same page as you are with regard to taking it slow. Nobody seems to understand how that works.

N2ofusion

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What’s wrong with wearing a mask?

If everyone took just basic precautions we could have a semi-normal Memorial Day to enjoy public spaces outdoors, etc. But the 20% of people that seemingly won’t listen is going to keep us in this half-lockdowned half-pandemic state for a long time

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Has anyone seen this?
Any thoughts?

Yes.
It sounds at first glance as a money grab for their stock value. I’m a pessimist.

No human trials.
We can hope though.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Has anyone seen this?
Any thoughts?

Yes.
It sounds at first glance as a money grab for their stock value. I’m a pessimist.

No human trials.
We can hope though.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Yes.

No human trials.
We can hope though.
Yeah, no human trials yet but I’m still hopeful. In my opinion, the lockdown isn’t only useful to slow the spread and prevent hospital burden but is giving researchers time to learn more. We could rush opening too fast and cause thousands of extra deaths, or just take it slow and maybe we find definite proof that this virus has everything to do with vitamin D deficiency (just an example for the point I’m trying to make) or that this antibody treatment is 100% the cure. I don’t understand why in the general public (not necessarily here) everyone is camped too far on either side “lockdown/social distance forever!!! vs. wide open economy bad economy killz more than everything ohhh nozzz!!!111”...as I typed that I remembered how we do it with religion and politics, so never mind. Answered my own question 😂😂😂

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
This

I can see it now, a person riding a crowded subway sets off a light...person hurries and exits subway. police are unable to find. fbi puts on most wanted list.

I actually think this might be a good thing, depends on HOW it is used.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I can see it now, a person riding a crowded subway sets off a light...person hurries and exits subway. police are unable to find. fbi puts on most wanted list.

I actually think this might be a good thing, depends on HOW it is used.
Do you mean Most Wanted because he’s a carrier?

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Blaming other unrelated medical conditions on corona. No, I don't necessarily trust or like Fox, but Tucker ain't bad lol. Can't cuck the Tuck

Last edited:

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Looking like end time Biblical prophecy to me
-Forced vaccine/Tattoo(Mark of beast) which will only allow you to be able to get food ad supplies. Without it, you're denied
- Shutting down privately owned businesses and small businesses so everyone is forced to go corporate aka Satan
- Closing churches. less people will gain this information and most importantly the gospel
- Anyone who takes the mark worships the beast and loses their salvation completely

Sorry , I trust God, not them. This is an agenda

I pray you'll all realize this

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
quite the stretch there.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Whuh?

If anything the mark of the beast is on a building in NY.
666 5th Avenue... (Trump Plaza)

That's a stretch.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
-Forced vaccine/Tattoo(Mark of beast) which will only allow you to be able to get food ad supplies. Without it, you're denied
- Shutting down privately owned businesses and small businesses so everyone is forced to go corporate aka Satan
- Closing churches. less people will gain this information and most importantly the gospel
- Anyone who takes the mark worships the beast and loses their salvation completely

If we’re grasping at straws and making Olympic-level leaps in logic, please read this:

I don’t buy it of course, but it’s orders of magnitude more compelling and well-researched than your claims.

maximillia

maximillia

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established

After my preworkout, I really like this way of thinking. After my workout, not so much. Feeling pretty jaded. I don't think this is the end end. Fortunately or unfortunately.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You'll see when the Anti Christ comes. Just saying, don't take the mark
You mean the guy who's building is literally at 666 5th avenue?
Would the 'mark' happen to be a "MAGA" or "KAG" hat?

What 'mark' are you talking about?
Please be more specific.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Guess the gyms are now open in South Florida
I'm trying to keep my sanity. Here in CT, we are potentially looking at June 20th. I was fine at first, but over the last week or so, It has been really getting at me. Personally, the gym is my escape. I love working out, but I love just focusing on my workout for 1-1.5 hours and nothing else.

To make things worse, our Gov. said that barbershops and salons would open on 5/20. Today, he pushed it back until 6/1 since that is what RI is doing. However, malls are going to open on Wednesday, go figure. I was hoping getting y hair cut would make me feel a little better and normal, but that was taken away at the last minute.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You mean the guy who's building is literally at 666 5th avenue?
Would the 'mark' happen to be a "MAGA" or "KAG" hat?

What 'mark' are you talking about?
Please be more specific.
Did you read the article on the Anti-Christ I posted earlier? I don’t buy any of it, of course, but the guy did put a lot of effort into it, and it makes more sense than the “Bill Gates and 5G are the Anti-Christ” nonsense for sure.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Could be tbh. I don't ever put a president or political leader above Jesus. I'm neither Republican nor Democrat
Ok.

Respect.
Did you read the article on the Anti-Christ I posted earlier? I don’t buy any of it, of course, but the guy did put a lot of effort into it, and it makes more sense than the “Bill Gates and 5G are the Anti-Christ” nonsense for sure.
I just did. lol.
Technically, he is anti-crhist-like, but yeah. He just a crazy sociopathic malignant narcissist.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I'm trying to keep my sanity. Here in CT, we are potentially looking at June 20th. I was fine at first, but over the last week or so, It has been really getting at me. Personally, the gym is my escape. I love working out, but I love just focusing on my workout for 1-1.5 hours and nothing else.

To make things worse, our Gov. said that barbershops and salons would open on 5/20. Today, he pushed it back until 6/1 since that is what RI is doing. However, malls are going to open on Wednesday, go figure. I was hoping getting y hair cut would make me feel a little better and normal, but that was taken away at the last minute.
I'm in CT too, I was literally just about to post what you said lol.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I honestly can't believe I haven't cracked and started drinking again. Now is definitely a easy time to drink too much.
Respect to you bro for staying sober during this time. Keep it up! Make gains

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
The best being able to work from home you can drink wherever you want. Good times.

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Agree man, this is awful. Date keeps getting pushed back for me too....Gyms won’t even open right away and still when they do, it’ll be a clusterfukk !!

Also, got on a scale for the first time in a while....I’m down 12 fukking pounds 🤦‍♂️
(I know it’s not all muscle loss, still feels brutal)

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is this any of y’alls gym ?

In the states that are taking a while to re-open, even with limits, I think this is going to occur. At least with small business. I think it is difficult for these people to watch their business get run into the ground while other states are open.

I think if the entire country had a set date versus leaving it up to the states, then we would have less defiance.