Anyone worried if Corona virus keeps spreading the gyms will shut down?

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Still doubling every 4 days (R=1.25). In a month that would mean 3/4 million dead, which sounds crazy. Gotta see some results from this quarantine and federal shut down start to flatten the curve. Because right now it's still going straight up.

NY is bad enough. 4 hot spots in the country now. Imagine if it becomes 10 or 20 states peaking at the same time?!? I still have friends in Florida not taking this seriously.
Americans definitely don’t like being sent to their room as adults. It wouldn’t surprise me if the US ultimately has the worst statistical outcomes, as we are highly disobedient and very intolerant of being without our privileges.

The toddler tested positive?!?
Yes, 5 years old. I wasn’t told much, but I suspect he is doing fine..

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Trump has fukt up big time on this one. I cant imagine any justification for his "strategy" to date.
I am curious what you see here as being the fault of one man? Obviously, I don't want to turn this into a political debate too much, but with a cut and dry statement like that, I'd like more information about what exactly he did and what he should have done?

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I want AMERICANS 1st, for a change!!!!

didn't see anything in that bill for homeless? we need to take care of our own!!!!
The bill that was written by republicans behind closed doors and without any democrat involvement? God damn democrats hate the homeless!!!!!

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Honestly fellas, if you have family members who are obese they need to be staying away from this thing. Front line medics here in the UK are seeing more and more people being ventilated (and still not looking good) with obesity as the only underlying health factor. These are 30, 40, 50 year olds as well!!

We have an obesity problem but we do sit behind the USA in percentage terms I believe. You could have a real problem on you hands over there.

keep your loved ones safe.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Honestly fellas, if you have family members who are obese they need to be staying away from this thing. Front line medics here in the UK are seeing more and more people being ventilated (and still not looking good) with obesity as the only underlying health factor. These are 30, 40, 50 year olds as well!!

We have an obesity problem but we do sit behind the USA in percentage terms I believe. You could have a real problem on you hands over there.

keep your loved ones safe.
This is the drum I have been beating for weeks. America has a population that is 70% overweight and 40% obese and THIS is a pre-existing medical condition. This makes us extremely vulnerable.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
at least there is 350 million in there for refugees and immigration . :mad:
Yeah, this sounds like something Republicans would come up with behind closed doors. Let's send money to the refugees and immigrants!

Unless by $350M for refugees and immigrants you mean for walls, fences, land mines and ammo.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
The bill that was written by republicans behind closed doors and without any democrat involvement? God damn democrats hate the homeless!!!!!
what planet are you living on?

democrats control the house and that is where bills originate, look at all the crap democrats put into that bill that has nothing to do with the immediate needs of AMERICANS!!!!!!

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yeah, this sounds like something Republicans would come up with behind closed doors. Let's send money to the refugees and immigrants!

Unless by $350M for refugees and immigrants you mean for walls, fences, land mines and ammo.
you will have to forgive me.. I misspoke. the actual wording says "migration and refugees" !!!
proves these assholes were behind the flocks of illegals coming in, in recent history.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
you will have to forgive me.. I misspoke. the actual wording says "migration and refugees" !!!
proves these assholes were behind the flocks of illegals coming in, in recent history.
I wonder if fools like sanders, biden and others are still preaching open borders?

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
what planet are you living on?

democrats control the house and that is where bills originate, look at all the crap democrats put into that bill that has nothing to do with the immediate needs of AMERICANS!!!!!!
I live on the planet where the Senate created the $2T stimulus package bill that is now being sent to the house for approval. The house is set to vote on the bill today, and assuming it gets unanimous consent, it will be sent to Trump to be signed into law.

This stimulus package originated in the Senate. That is a fact. Republicans drafted the bill behind closed doors. That also is a fact.

The better question may be what planet do you live on?

Edit: I did a quick google search for you. Here are some sources showing this is a Senate bill that the House is now set to vote on.

www.marketwatch.com/amp/story/guid/E30FFE4E-7027-11EA-82CE-84B50283101

www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/03/27/coronavirus-stimulus-package-updates-house-to-vote-on-relief-bill.html

Last edited:
thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I live on the planet where the Senate created the $2T stimulus package bill that is now being sent to the house for approval. The house is set to vote on the bill today, and assuming it gets unanimous consent, it will be sent to Trump to be signed into law.

This stimulus package originated in the Senate. That is a fact. Republicans drafted the bill behind closed doors. That also is a fact.

The better question may be what planet do you live on?

Edit: I did a quick google search for you. Here are some sources showing this is a Senate bill that the House is now set to vote on.

www.marketwatch.com/amp/story/guid/E30FFE4E-7027-11EA-82CE-84B50283101

www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/03/27/coronavirus-stimulus-package-updates-house-to-vote-on-relief-bill.html

'house passes aid bill after trump declares virus emergency'.

you really think republicans behind closed doors would have come up with a bill so full of bullshit?

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
'house passes aid bill after trump declares virus emergency'.

you really think republicans behind closed doors would have come up with a bill so full of bullshit?
I have a very strong inclination that your definition of bullshit and my definition of bullshit aren’t anywhere near the same.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I have a very strong inclination that your definition of bullshit and my definition of bullshit aren’t anywhere near the same.
I agree 100%!!!

LSALT

LSALT

Awards
Yeah the gyms are shut down here in California. 3 weeks ago the sauna and steam room were packed.

I'm late to the party but at least I'm on topic. Lol 🤣

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Well there we go..

The US has the highest number of confirmed COVID cases in the world. Ridiculous..
It's because we are testing more than anyone else...why is that ridiculous?

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
BamBam54

BamBam54

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yes, the $2T bill being discussed/voted now originated in the Senate.
Where it needs 60 votes to pass.
With several republicans out on quarantine.
With some democrat support needed to pass the bill (even in the Senate).

And THAT is how this left-leaning liberal bullshit got into the Senate bill.

Example here (crappy left biased VOX source)....
https://www.vox.com/2020/3/23/21190709/coronavirus-stimulus-senate-vote

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes, the $2T bill being discussed/voted now originated in the Senate.
Where it needs 60 votes to pass.
With several republicans out on quarantine.
With some democrat support needed to pass the bill (even in the Senate).

And THAT is how this left-leaning liberal bullshit got into the Senate bill.

Example here (crappy left biased VOX source)....
https://www.vox.com/2020/3/23/21190709/coronavirus-stimulus-senate-vote
So you’re against an independent committee determining which corporations get the money? And you’re against restrictions on corporations using government funds on stock buybacks and executive bonuses?

I don’t understand why anyone would be against that.

BamBam54

BamBam54

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
No...against sliding money in there for performing arts centers and 300 million for migrating refugees.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
LOL CNBC HHAHAHAHAHAaaAHAHAHHAHHHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHHAH fekin HA

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I am curious what you see here as being the fault of one man? Obviously, I don't want to turn this into a political debate too much, but with a cut and dry statement like that, I'd like more information about what exactly he did and what he should have done?
I have no interest in trying to convince a Christian that there is no God.

Its all the Chinese' fault, anyway.

Trump will no doubt take all the credit for any economic turnaround the US sees, though.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Trump will no doubt take all the credit for any economic turnaround the US sees, though.
Huh? You are the one making claims. If you have no interest in backing up your claims, don't make them.

Thanks for prosecuting yourself so I didn't have to.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No...against sliding money in there for performing arts centers and 300 million for migrating refugees.
The performing arts center should not have been included. Although, the JFK had bipartisan support. The NEA did not. I haven’t read the provisions as to what the refugee funds are supposed to be used for, but it looks like it goes to the state department to prevent the virus from spreading to refugees and migration population, no? That’s tolerable - but if it’s direct payments or financial support to refugees, it shouldn’t have been included.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
The performing arts center should not have been included. Although, the JFK had bipartisan support. The NEA did not. I haven’t read the provisions as to what the refugee funds are supposed to be used for, but it looks like it goes to the state department to prevent the virus from spreading to refugees and migration population, no? That’s tolerable - but if it’s direct payments or financial support to refugees, it shouldn’t have been included.
I guess that is the bullshit we can agree on-eh?

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar

Hell yeah. Trump is the man.

KEEP AMERICA GREAT

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It's because we are testing more than anyone else...why is that ridiculous?
That’s why I wrote confirmed, but I was more referring to the fact that it never should have had the opportunity to permeate our country..

Intubated my first COVID today immediately upon arriving at work. I then proceeded to spend 12 hrs in isolation which is not comfortable for even 10 minutes. Aside from a half hour lunch- no drinking, pissing..nothing....it really sucks! On top of that, it really limits my opportunities to take my stims. :mad:

Yes, all of the COVID positive patients I have personally treated so far have been quite overweight as @HIT4ME mentioned.

Last edited:
HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That’s why I wrote confirmed, but I was more referring to the fact that it never should have had the opportunity to permeate our country..

Intubated my first COVID today immediately upon arriving at work. I then proceeded to spend 12 hrs in isolation which is not comfortable for even 10 minutes. Aside from a half hour lunch- no drinking, pissing..nothing....it really sucks! On top of that, it really limits my opportunities to take my stims. :mad:

Yes, all of the COVID positive patients I have personally treated so far have been quite overweight as @HIT4ME mentioned.
That sucks man. Sorry you had to go through that.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
@HIT4ME mentioned.
It could have been much much worse if Trump wouldn't have input the China travel ban as fast as he did....

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That sucks man. Sorry you had to go through that.
Back at it tomorrow at 6am and I anticipate it will be much busier. Most of the other RTs don’t want the level of exposure you get in the COVID ICU, so I am taking it for the team! I can’t do it every shift for sure though.
It could have been much much worse if Trump wouldn't have input the China travel ban as fast as he did....
Yeah, I just never understood why we were letting people in from other countries that didn’t have the same restrictions in place themselves. All that did was buy us a little time, which definitely did help..

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
The world has a fookin obesity problem....I go out for a couple items and people have multiple 2liters of SODA in each hand🤦‍♂️ ...So not only are these fat asses getting less activity than usual, they’ve upped their poor nutrition habits.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
The world has a fookin obesity problem....I go out for a couple items and people have multiple 2liters of SODA in each hand🤦‍♂️ ...So not only are these fat asses getting less activity than usual, they’ve upped their poor nutrition habits.
Lol yes we do

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Our society doesn’t have much to do right now for pleasurable activities and many people are stressed. Comfort eating is surely on the rise...haha

Meanwhile, they banned ICU Covid workers from the hospital cafeteria starting tomorrow. It’s not a horrendous idea, but they gave us no solution as to how we are supposed to get food or water for lunch. To me, it’s a no brainer that the very least they could do is provide us with free food and water in an area of their choice.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Trump has fukt up big time on this one. I cant imagine any justification for his "strategy" to date.
Really? Most Americans would disagree with your view on how is handling things as his approval rating is at a all times high

Also, do you consider it a big time “fukt” up when he was one of the first counties to ban travel with China even though the Democrats called him a “racist” at the time for doing so? Finally, have you considered while we have the most infections (mainly due to having a HIGH population) we also have one of the lowest fatality rates in the world for those infected? https://news.yahoo.com/uss-coronavirus-death-rate-currently-000000677.html

The article says “

Last edited:

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Was Trump not proactive by being one of the FIRST to ban travel with Europe without consulting European leaders? Also, look how the Deomocrats future nominee reacted when Trump closed off travel to China to keep us safe https://www.dailywire.com/news/biden-rips-trump-for-travel-ban-to-stop-coronavirus-dan-crenshaw-fires-back-and-destroys-bidens-argument

Last edited:
manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
@Nac is a liberal hack...we wouldve been better off with Biden. He thought the travel ban was xenophobic lmao

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Fact Check this- https://www.westernjournal.com/trump-bans-travel-china-orders-1st-quarantine-50-years/
President Donald Trump has taken tough steps to protect Americans from the spread of the coronavirus rampaging through China.

In an order issued Friday, federal officials announced that as of 5 p.m. Sunday, “Foreign nationals other than immediate family of U.S. citizens and permanent residents who have traveled in China in the last 14 days will be denied entry into United States.”

First mandatory quarantine ordered in 50 years too “Earlier Friday, officials said Americans who evacuated from Wuhan earlier in the week would be quarantined for up to 14 days at March Air Reserve Base in California — the first mandatory quarantine order in the U.S. in 50 years, according to NPR.” https://www.westernjournal.com/trump-bans-travel-china-orders-1st-quarantine-50-years/
Is
How did the media react and the Democrats back then when President Trump enacted the China travel restrictions ? https://trendingpolitics.com/flashback-the-media-called-trump-s-china-travel-ban-emotional-political-not-effective/

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I dont even live in America (thank fuk) and based on most people's opinion in my work place smoko room Trumps "approval" rating here is at an all time low...do I win a Mars bar?

The countries that appear to be fairing best are those that went into a nationwide lockdown early.

But as I indicated previously, discussing politics with "some" Americans is fundamentally no different to an Atheist and a Christian arguing.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
I dont even live in America (thank fuk) and based on most people's opinion in my work place smoko room Trumps "approval" rating here is at an all time low...do I win a Mars bar?

The countries that appear to be fairing best are those that went into a nationwide lockdown early.

But as I indicated previously, discussing politics with "some" Americans is fundamentally no different to an Atheist and a Christian arguing.
Where do you live?

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

I love this ❤❤❤

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
10 bucks says it will be good old USA “big pharma” companies that eventually come up with the vaccine for the rest of the world. Funny how Dems love to villanize “big pharma” though. Also Bernie likes to talk about how our healthcare system sucks ass so bad, yet our recovery rate for American’s infected by this virus beats most of the countries in the entire world. Dems also claim to be “pro worker”, thus many were against bailing out corporations in this bill, yet they seem to forget the corporations are the very ones who employ the worker they claim they are for! They have a word for it when you separate employers from employees...it is called “UNEMPLOYMENT” which is exactly what would happen if we hadn’t bailed out these companies with this relief bill. And let’s not forget the bail out loans have to be paid back WITH INTEREST so the government will actually make money on that portion of the bill just like the government did with the auto loan bailouts that got paid back. Well I am done “ranting” for the night lol!

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Few posts above about fatality rates......

these are somewhat misleading when comparing country to country as the differences in testing are vast.

for example, South Korea tested everyone they suspected, this picking up on many who had mild symptoms, low fatality rate in percentage terms compared to the Uk who early on only tested those hospitalised, therefore not recording those well enough to stay at home and recover. Fatality rate will always look higher where your majority of testing is on those I’ll enough with it to be hospitalised.

I believe the USA has been testing fairly extensively?

the amount of testing will also throw out total case numbers - the UK is significantly higher than the recorded numbers. The US clearly has scope for most cases based on population size

but none of that really matters

what matters is the people dying through lack of equipment (I.e deaths that otherwise may have been preventable).

If a healthcare system has the infrastructure and equipment to deal with massive numbers in a short space of time then just let it spread. It can’t be stopped and the population will build immunity.

the reason that can’t be allowed to happen is that no healthcare system in the world can cope with that volume needing ICU and ventilation.

Having a 1% fatality rate is nothing to be proud of if 80% of the population get the virus - just think how many millions of deaths that is.

the spread has to be slowed down to allow healthcare systems to give people a fair chance. Many will die but less than need to.

Over in the UK we have two polar opposite leaders of the main parties in agreement. Corbyn is a hard left wing socialist (pretty much a communist) and Johnson is as far right wing capitalist as we’ve had for many many years. These two fucking hate each other, over brexit it was crazy arguing yet on this not one bit of disagreement over what needs to be done.