Anyone worried if Corona virus keeps spreading the gyms will shut down?

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
when asked why this virus seems to affect the elderly the most fauci said because elderly have weakened immune systems....i call bullshit on this
Maybe this will clear this up...I replied directly to this aspect of your post.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Maybe this will clear this up...I replied directly to this aspect of your post.
sorry, I must not have seen that part where you explained why children are not being affected in the normal way they are affected by virus's?

i am happy about children not being affected at the rate they have been in the past [i have 4 grandchildren], but i am puzzled by the why?

Last edited:
bruno.camilo

bruno.camilo

Awards
  • Established
The gyms closed by you? Where do you live?
Not Yet, but i think they will. They are closing schools and Universities starting on Monday.

Im from Italy, but living in Brazil right now, great timing.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
sorry, I must not have seen that part where you explained why children are not being affected in the normal way they are affected by virus's?

i am happy about children not being affected at the rate they have been in the past [i have 4 grandchildren], but i am puzzled by the why?
The theory is that they are constantly bombarded with common coronavirus strains and therefore have somewhat of an acquired as well as innate immunity to COVID-19. As a result, they are also much more likely to be asymptomatic or mildly symptomatic if they are infected too.

That’s why I put myself on the CDC call list to be informed of the next symptomatic yet negative tested child within driving range. I will then encourage them to repeatedly cough directly in my face until I am guaranteed to become symptomatic myself. Voila...increased immunity at its best!

Last edited:
J

jtbull

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Has not happened in my area yet. but they did just close all the schools two weeks. I am not 100% what they will do, but they might. i often lift at retro fitness so there are like two within the area.

I was getting sandwiches the other night and the cashier reminded me taht some disease seems to always happen around election time. She was right. The irony this seems not much more communicable than the flu and the falality rate is very similar. Not saying its no big deal, but they are almost making this out to be like the black death that ravaged europe around the middle ages if i recall

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
The theory is that they are constantly bombarded with common coronavirus strains and therefore have somewhat of an acquired as well as innate immunity to COVID-19. As a result, they are also much more likely to be asymptomatic or mildly symptomatic if they are infected too.

That’s why I put myself on the CDC call list to be informed of the next symptomatic yet negative tested child within driving range. I will then encourage them to repeatedly cough directly in my face until I am guaranteed to become symptomatic myself. Voila...increased immunity at its best!
yesterday I heard a doctor from cdc say that she isn't aware of a single child under the age of 10 being infected. this is awesome as I have 4 grandchildren...this virus must be different than what we have seen from past epidemic's where children were very much at risk.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So yesterday I noted that a large percentage of the general public was staying home, yet today was busier than normal on the roads, and in the grocery store. It probably had something to do with the president’s address to the nation.

However, I was a bit disappointed by the behavior I encountered in the grocery store. I was picking out some apples and there was nobody around me. All of a sudden, this older woman (maybe 70) got right up in my personal space...like closer than 1 ft. Obviously I moved, but I wanted to let her know how ignorant she was being. It’s not my nature so I just let it go..

Also, two people coughed in close range to me without covering their mouth. They didn’t see me because they didn’t take the time to look around themselves and check if anyone was in their proximity. Not that they should be openly coughing anyway. I walked out of there with confirmation that basic hygiene etiquette and precautions will be too much to expect from the general public.
I have quite the extensive list of things I no longer expect from the general public.............I try not to think about it lol. I set the bar pretty low these days lol.

StatePlan1425

StatePlan1425

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
yesterday I heard a doctor from cdc say that she isn't aware of a single child under the age of 10 being infected. this is awesome as I have 4 grandchildren...this virus must be different than what we have seen from past epidemic's where children were very much at risk.
Presumptive positive case in Charlottesville, VA USA of a preschooler.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
W

Workerman

Awards
  • First Up Vote
There are cases with children in china that they even made studies on and there are cases in uk as well,

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
24 hour fitness is still up and running where I live

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
There are cases with children in china that they even made studies on and there are cases in uk as well,
link to studies, please.

J

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
24 hour fitness is still up and running where I live
Personally I don’t expect the gyms in the states to close unless there is a state or federal mandate on nonessential businesses being open like they just did in France.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
link to studies, please.
Mira well known in the Uk that children can get it (newborn baby only today diagnosed) BUT it’s also well known that children appear to suffer much less than adults from it. In fact scientists believe many children are infected but show so few symptoms they aren’t diagnosed.

many ehich the good news is children appear to be at virtually no risk from the virus

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Personally I don’t expect the gyms in the states to close unless there is a state or federal mandate on nonessential businesses being open like they just did in France.
mans sre about to do in Spain. I own a gym in the uk, we fully expect we will be told to close within the next month or two.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Mira well known in the Uk that children can get it (newborn baby only today diagnosed) BUT it’s also well known that children appear to suffer much less than adults from it. In fact scientists believe many children are infected but show so few symptoms they aren’t diagnosed.

many ehich the good news is children appear to be at virtually no risk from the virus
lol, I think it should be renamed BOOMERS DISEASE.

personally I am in good health and very fit for my 61 years, but I worry about my mom who is 87 and lives in a assisted living apt building.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
No.
I've seen numbers around 80-81% (currently) don't get "serious" symptoms. That figure SEEMS pretty legitimate at the moment.

.... But who knows for sure?
If lots of kids are running around without symptoms, but are actually infected, that could seriously skew the numbers.

I

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I bought a pull-up bar just Incase. Tj max has resistance bands , ab rollers, kettlebells , etc for cheap so may add some of those. Sometimes they have pull up bars but didn’t see any.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Today was my first day back at work since Monday. We had 10 admitted rule out patients when I started my shift, all of which came back negative by the middle of my shift. Meanwhile, we got 4 more new rule outs by the time my shift ended. The precaution measures are extremely tight on these patients, more-so than if someone is a TB rule out- which we also have right now...of course!

Even with the gloves, gown, face shield, N95 mask, and negative pressure room, they only want these patients to be assigned 1 designated nurse per shift, and he/she can’t be in contact with other patients despite these measures. One big problem is also the lack of N95 masks, they aren’t even keeping them outside the room- we have to call and request one, and we only get one per provider per patient. This takes 15 minutes until we actually get one...ridiculous.

I am actually supposed to wear the PAPR hood style respirator due to my beard, but they won’t even tell us how many they might have. Instead, they have made it mandatory for all men to shave their facial hair- to wear the N95 masks that we don’t have :unsure:. Being forced to shave as soon as I got to work was preceded by difficulty even finding an accessible entrance into the building due to the mobile testing tents that took over the parking lot. It’s not fun dealing with this in your professional and personal life...I have no escape!

I

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Almost want to go hermit mode. I’d rather be out in the wilderness than dealing with the possibly of it going really bad

Buy an RV and just go deep .

I

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Definitely don’t forget me! Otherwise, work is going to kill me...I’m quite sure of that.
I’d bring you . We could build a fort with some Db’s , benches, etc. all outdoors

Fish and hunt for food

Stock up on designers and just blast .

Come back when this whole thing blows over and we’re completely jacked mountain men. I can’t grow a beard though so it will look less awesome 😒

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I’d bring you . We could build a fort with some Db’s , benches, etc. all outdoors

Fish and hunt for food

Stock up on designers and just blast .

Come back when this whole thing blows over and we’re completely jacked mountain men. I can’t grow a beard though so it will look less awesome 😒
Fair warning though, my farts are lethal! When I do it at work, people think they are smelling a dead person. Sometimes that is also true and I let them take the blame.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Today was my first day back at work since Monday. We had 10 admitted rule out patients when I started my shift, all of which came back negative by the middle of my shift. Meanwhile, we got 4 more new rule outs by the time my shift ended. The precaution measures are extremely tight on these patients, more-so than if someone is a TB rule out- which we also have right now...of course!

Even with the gloves, gown, face shield, N95 mask, and negative pressure room, they only want these patients to be assigned 1 designated nurse per shift, and he/she can’t be in contact with other patients despite these measures. One big problem is also the lack of N95 masks, they aren’t even keeping them outside the room- we have to call and request one, and we only get one per provider per patient. This takes 15 minutes until we actually get one...ridiculous.

I am actually supposed to wear the PAPR hood style respirator due to my beard, but they won’t even tell us how many they might have. Instead, they have made it mandatory for all men to shave their facial hair- to wear the N95 masks that we don’t have :unsure:. Being forced to shave as soon as I got to work was preceded by difficulty even finding an accessible entrance into the building due to the mobile testing tents that took over the parking lot. It’s not fun dealing with this in your professional and personal life...I have no escape!
same problem in the uk brother. My wife’s a respiratory registrar and they are way short on masks and protective clothing.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
My wife has asthma and is healthcare worker.
Her boss is an idiot and I'm being kind here.

They gave her two masks to use; and when she used one of them she got strange looks from the nursing staff.
I hate, they have this attitude, and it's none of their business! She needs to take care of her patients, and herself.

We need testing here so we know the correct trend, but here is a good example.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
My wife has asthma and is healthcare worker.
Her boss is an idiot and I'm being kind here.

They gave her two masks to use; and when she used one of them she got strange looks from the nursing staff.
I hate, they have this attitude, and it's none of their business! She needs to take care of her patients, and herself.

We need testing here so we know the correct trend, but here is a good example.
But why in S Korea are there so many less cases in seniors?

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It could be testing protocols. I don’t know. I’m trying to figure as much out with limited knowledge.

Why are so many young testing positive? Social activities and testing.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
But why in S Korea are there so many less cases in seniors?
There aren’t necessarily less cases in s Korea in seniors, just a lower percentage of overall cases as a result of the more widespread testing..

in Italy they are only testing those who show symptoms so imo it’s likely there are many many more cases, just that many have few or no symptoms (as has already been clearly identified as the case in children) and that these few/no symptoms cases not being tested are in younger adults (would make sense from what we know of the virus). In s Korea with broader testing that wouldn’t skew the figures and would explain the results.

we also need to consider the more fluid movement patterns of younger people. Far more likely to come into close contact with more people and therefore be exposed. It makes perfect sense that the 20-40 age bracket would be heavily infected. Older people often have closer social circles and maintain their presence in smaller geographical locations.

but, older people are also far more likely to be tested, the virus hits them harder and rightly they will be more concerned. In the uk anyone with symptoms (outside of the healthcare system) is simply being told to self isolate and isn’t being tested at all. We will undoubtably have masses of 20-30 year olds that have it but that’s not recorded anywhere.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
In upwards of 50k dead in China and cremated?
I won't quote the source because I'm not trusting of it, anyone have other decent sources for such a huge difference in what is being reported?

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
In upwards of 50k dead in China and cremated?
I won't quote the source because I'm not trusting of it, anyone have other decent sources for such a huge difference in what is being reported?
If 50k dead is true, then that means about a 62% fatality rate at 80,000 confirmed cases in China. All I can find is 3200 dead in China. And I don’t buy that low number at all. Can PM source maybe? Curious

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It was a crappy questionable youtube video... Steve Bannon was in on that video too.
I'll ask her for a link. (Wife)

What is even more worrisome is having it, getting rid of it, then reinfected by it again by some idiot.
I don't think 2 weeks off and societal separation will do ****. Too many morons running around like it's a hoax.

I'm also calling BS on these numbers in China.
It has to be triple that.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It was a crappy questionable youtube video... Steve Bannon was in on that video too.
I'll ask her for a link. (Wife)

What is even more worrisome is having it, getting rid of it, then reinfected by it again by some idiot.
I don't think 2 weeks off and societal separation will do ****. Too many morons running around like it's a hoax.

I'm also calling BS on these numbers in China.
It has to be triple that.

View attachment 192124
Exactly. Italy and Iran fatality percentage is already substantially higher than China. How??? Hmmmm

I

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

It comes soon , they're conditioning us for it. Dark times ahead before the return

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

sounds like joining the military...no beards and they give you what they used to call a burr haircut. I went into military 1977, everyone had long hair back then-the amount of hair on the floor was crazy, lol.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
before this is over the government will have gained control over our lives....Bernie sanders wins