Anyone using Resveratrol?

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I seen it as a natural test booster and estrogen controller with other health benefits, anyone had luck with it or felt any noticeable difference?

raulob72

Awards
  • Established
Tried and got nothing from it.
Is healthy , but did not feel any difference. Many brands, several forms applied and nope.

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I used to use it a lot in my 20s. I don't think it had any noticeable hormonal effects but I do feel it starved off some signs of aging some of my coworkers were showing. Sufficed to say, I had a pretty stressful job at that point.

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I use it for its anti agin and anti cancer benefit, help with blood flow also. Not much for test or estrogen, but i dont have blood work so. You can buy it cheap why not

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
it's one of the ingredients in sustain alpha...transdermal seems to be the way to go, not hard to find reviews on sustain alpha it's been around for many years and stood the test of time.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have played around with it. I think it takes a hit because it has been so hyped up over the years - so it will fall short of expectations by a long shot. It is not very bioavailable, so that is a potential knock - but some studies suggest it does not need to be bioavailable in order to be effective - it may just be great for improving the gut microbiome or something along those lines and all of the health benefits are downstream of that. This, of course, would actually go against transdermal use - but nothing is very clear with it.

I've used it as bulk powder and in Dermacrine and some other topicals. Those products have served me well, so I'm not sure what to think exactly but it has potential.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I have played around with it. I think it takes a hit because it has been so hyped up over the years - so it will fall short of expectations by a long shot. It is not very bioavailable, so that is a potential knock - but some studies suggest it does not need to be bioavailable in order to be effective - it may just be great for improving the gut microbiome or something along those lines and all of the health benefits are downstream of that. This, of course, would actually go against transdermal use - but nothing is very clear with it.

I've used it as bulk powder and in Dermacrine and some other topicals. Those products have served me well, so I'm not sure what to think exactly but it has potential.
Thanks for the reply!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

resveratrol is a minor player in dermacrine, dhea and preg are the heavy hitters...to give transdermal resveratrol a true test I suggest sustain alpha, it is much more prominent....if you haven't tried sustain alpha before next time we do a logging opportunity put in a app-I will let @delsolrob know I want you to log it.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
resveratrol is a minor player in dermacrine, dhea and preg are the heavy hitters...to give transdermal resveratrol a true test I suggest sustain alpha, it is much more prominent....if you haven't tried sustain alpha before next time we do a logging opportunity put in a app-I will let @delsolrob know I want you to log it.
Sweet, thanks man!

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I think its an ingredient that has great potential but was so overhyped when it came out that people either had unrealistic expectations and were disappointed or they were turned off by the way it was marketed. But I do think its an awesome ingredient.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Resveratrol, unfortunately, has a very high affinity for Glucoruonidation and Sulfation - gut enzymes that turn the resveratrol into a more useless moiety.

Fortunately, there are other herbal ingredients with HIGHER affinity - that when taken together with Resveratrol increase its absorption and bioavailability immensely.

No, I won't tell you which yet....but it's kind of the solution to the Red Wine Paradox.

DieselNY

DieselNY

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I use Pterostilbene instead

lanky

Awards
I have used a few brands resveratrol. the first brand was rev genetics, was trans res in some sort of nitrogen filled capsule and some other lecithin delivery system. expensive but effective. high quality res makes my low back stiff and joint pain in the knees. the second one I tried was PA's old brand Giant Nutrition(which he also sold mestanolone aka 17a methyl dht in that line a few months before the PH ban of 2004, also a very effective product.lol. PA's resveratrol supplement was 50% resveratrol and 50% emodin(emodin acts as a laxative. most of the resveratrol supplements at that time were derived from Japanese knotweed and emodin was a natural substance in the plant. These days they may have shifted on using different sources or are better with separation/extraction methods to get a high yield...third product was PA's resveratrol spray from his prototype nutrition line....overall I did not notice much from a "feel" standpoint with res..i also took micronized res from rev genetics...originally the thought was that res was directly an antioxidant and has some ER beta activity,,.new thoughts are that the substance is directly cytotoxic to your cells thus your body will ramp up its own antioxidant defense mechanisms in response..

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I have used a few brands resveratrol. the first brand was rev genetics, was trans res in some sort of nitrogen filled capsule and some other lecithin delivery system. expensive but effective. high quality res makes my low back stiff and joint pain in the knees. the second one I tried was PA's old brand Giant Nutrition(which he also sold mestanolone aka 17a methyl dht in that line a few months before the PH ban of 2004, also a very effective product.lol. PA's resveratrol supplement was 50% resveratrol and 50% emodin(emodin acts as a laxative. most of the resveratrol supplements at that time were derived from Japanese knotweed and emodin was a natural substance in the plant. These days they may have shifted on using different sources or are better with separation/extraction methods to get a high yield...third product was PA's resveratrol spray from his prototype nutrition line....overall I did not notice much from a "feel" standpoint with res..i also took micronized res from rev genetics...originally the thought was that res was directly an antioxidant and has some ER beta activity,,.new thoughts are that the substance is directly cytotoxic to your cells thus your body will ramp up its own antioxidant defense mechanisms in response..
PA was i think the 1st to bring resveratrol to the mainstream...he added it to his 6oxo product--it made the cost go very high at the recommended doses, but i did notice a uptick in results from regular 6oxo to the 6oxo/res product...

transdermal is the way to go and trans res is a main ingredient in sustain alpha. a ton of positive reviews on sustain alpha and i can personally recommend from my own use.

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What are the amount of resveratrol and 7,8 Benzoflavone in sustain alpha?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
currently available-transdermal resveratrol by alpha gainz and sustain alpha by iconic formulations....sustain alpha has been around for over 10 years with same formula-not many other supplements/products can say this.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
go to alpha gainz and use code CHEF....$15

this is a great price, imo!!!