hvactech

Legend
Awards
seems like this supp died off...

kaikara

kaikara

Awards
  • Established
I am. Almost out of it. Can't really say I'm noticing anything with it.

M

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Glycerol Monostearate, while being a great emulsifying agent for cow-feed and a nice ingredient for aesthetic, watery pumps, actually pulls water out of muscle cells, so any potential benefit is negated by effectively "dehydrating" the myocyte. Taurine is a nice ingredient, but IMO there is a reason Glycergrow can't stack up with the Hemavols and Pump-Bols of the world.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
would you say there is a GMS dose threshold where using it would not cause the negative effect of dehydrating the myocyte? I ask only b/c Hemavol does have GMS in the formula...but just at 1g per scoop...opposed to ~7g in 1 serving of glycergrow...

M

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
would you say there is a GMS dose threshold where using it would not cause the negative effect of dehydrating the myocyte? I ask only b/c Hemavol does have GMS in the formula...but just at 1g per scoop...opposed to ~7g in 1 serving of glycergrow...
I don't personally think it is a major issue and I've never seen it affect performance (especially not in hemavol), but it's just something to compare to other vasodilators, like nitrates/citrulline, which actually raise performance.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There is very good data on hyperhydration and endurance capacity...if i was an endurance athlete I would take GMS before every event. I feel the proven data on hyperhydration is enough to make it worth using, compared to theories floating around on it effecting performance. I actually have never once read a single person say it negatively effected their performance.

Its not going to make you crazy vascular pumped, its more of a full bulging pump. For endurance athletes its a must-have IMO

M

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
There is very good data on hyperhydration and endurance capacity...if i was an endurance athlete I would take GMS before every event. I feel the proven data on hyperhydration is enough to make it worth using, compared to theories floating around on it effecting performance. I actually have never once read a single person say it negatively effected their performance.

Its not going to make you crazy vascular pumped, its more of a full bulging pump. For endurance athletes its a must-have IMO
I agree, if you are a true endurance athlete (think marathon), glycerol (notice the lack of "monostearate") is a great idea. As far as bodybuilders, no tangible pros or cons for performance, but it simply can't stack up to true performance enhancing compounds like citrulline (increased aerobic AND anaerobic threshold) and nitrates (increased time to exhaustion and vasoregulatory function).