any useful supplements / anabolics for marathon runner?

jimjones87

Awards
looking for a boost in performance. any recommendations?

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
As above GW would be the obvious choice (do your own research on the possible cancer links - I take it but everyone should research it themselves and make their own decision)

anything anti inflammatory or that aids recovery would also be very beneficial - I’d personally be using bpc, tb500 and mk (along with the natty supps like tumeric).

photobiomodulation and hydrogen enriched water also work looking at.

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I always recommend CytoSport Cytomax it's a carb drink with a variety of different high GI carbs, electrolytes, and alpha-L-Polylactate which can help prevent cramping and improve endurance. My aunt does Iron Man Triatholons and she drinks the orange flavor with caffeine and it works great for her.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I always recommend CytoSport Cytomax it's a carb drink with a variety of different high GI carbs, electrolytes, and alpha-L-Polylactate which can help prevent cramping and improve endurance. My aunt does Iron Man Triatholons and she drinks the orange flavor with caffeine and it works great for her.

I'll look into that.
Sounds promising.

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I ran my first marathon last year.

gatorade gummies + water are your friend.

I did take some peak02 during my training blocks, but not sure how much that helped...

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
not training for triathelons but i run frequently in hot weather, will check into this.

suavmcgauv

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I would do low Test, HGH, Cardarine, for sure, and maybe sporadically an oral for training push like TBol or S23, actually I think S4 would work well.

hyperCat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In my experience nothing has touched GW. It doesn’t give you a burst of energy, but you’ll feel like the energizer bunny. Endurance like a madman.

hyperCat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In my experience nothing has touched GW. It doesn’t give you a burst of energy, but you’ll feel like the energizer bunny. Endurance like a madman.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Kind of depends on what you are looking for benefit wise (obviously an extreme endurance event like this is different than bodybuilding but it is still "broad").

I don't have much drug knowledge so I'll default to other valuable members there.

Again it will be dependent a bit on your situation and how you approach your training, but here are just a few things that come to mind:

1) I love the carb and electrolyte recommendations above. This is huge. Individual tolerance to amounts on types of carbs can be a bigger issue in this situation so don't be afraid to try a few combinations. In general you want a mix of carbs (in short varying sources will allow for better utilization/uptake with less distress). I'd say give the Cytocarb a shot, maybe try some different mixes (dextrose, HBCD, Carb10, etc.) to see how you react, and maybe something like Morphogen Hexagen (Glycerol and Creatine have some research for these kinds of things and regulating body temp in longer strenuous events, but it will depend on if you don't mind the possible extra weight they may add to you and it has lots of other electrolytes, Ornitine, and Actigin that may help performance).

2) Adaptogens! There are tons of options here, but with the stress of training amounts these could be really helpful. Something like Peako2 that has a solid blend could be a good option (that I love). Or individual strains of mushrooms, things like Ashwagandha, Rhodiola, etc.

3) I know you asked for performance but I'd keep in mind maybe supplementing something for joints as a preventative before anything gives you trouble. UC-II, Cissus (I like SNS Cissus XT), Boswellia, Curcumin, etc. Morphogen Orthogen is loaded if you want a shotgun approach.

4) I am also a big fan of Robuvit. It has some cool chronic fatigue benefits, but has also been shown to improve endurance for tri-athletes: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/26488613/

Good luck and hopefully that gets you started on some possible options along with the other things mentioned already.