Anti-Aging Supplements - Anyone Interested?

TommyTuffGuy

TommyTuffGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
With the blood pressure and heart health in development, when I think of "anti-aging" what I really want to see is a combination of supplements that of course ward off wrinkles, give a youthful appearance, fight gray hair, cosmetic things. Chit that makes you look 10 years younger physically.

Then you can take the other stuff for 'body longevity' health.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
You know what's anti aging? CURCUMIN. lol any eta update?
The best update I can give on this is that its one of the biggest pain in the asses of a project I've ever worked on in terms of branded ingredient suppliers. I'll detail it all when its released, but I'm not giving any further ETA's on this until that happens bc it seems like its always something with it. Basically, when trying to get 3 different branded ingredient suppliers that offer competitive ingredients to work together for theirs being in the same product, its been a nightmare. Lesson learned, I'll probably never try something like this on another product.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
With the blood pressure and heart health in development, when I think of "anti-aging" what I really want to see is a combination of supplements that of course ward off wrinkles, give a youthful appearance, fight gray hair, cosmetic things. Chit that makes you look 10 years younger physically.

Then you can take the other stuff for 'body longevity' health.
I like that idea of an appearance type product. Any suggestions? We have a hair, skin, and nails product in the works that will be great for this; but I'm always open to other ideas.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The best update I can give on this is that its one of the biggest pain in the asses of a project I've ever worked on in terms of branded ingredient suppliers. I'll detail it all when its released, but I'm not giving any further ETA's on this until that happens bc it seems like its always something with it. Basically, when trying to get 3 different branded ingredient suppliers that offer competitive ingredients to work together for theirs being in the same product, its been a nightmare. Lesson learned, I'll probably never try something like this on another product.
Well, obviously if brand-X is listed first on the ingredient panel then they must be the best. Plus, brand-Y wants to ensure they get the most dominant font-size and label coverage...

Sounds like you could be pulling off an epic product that most manufacturers wouldn't even have touched, let alone thought was possible.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Well, obviously if brand-X is listed first on the ingredient panel then they must be the best. Plus, brand-Y wants to ensure they get the most dominant font-size and label coverage...

Sounds like you could be pulling off an epic product that most manufacturers wouldn't even have touched, let alone thought was possible.
It's been stuff like that plus more.

And legally speaking, the ingredients are supposed to simply go in order on the label by dosage. So if there is 500 mg. of type 1, its the highest, if there's 250 mg. of type 2 then they're second, etc.

The goal with this is/was to provide 3 different branded types of Curcumin each that had a different absorption mechanism. Because some types work better for some people while some types work better for others. So if we had them all in one, that eliminates the guesswork.

The original version of the product had one particular branded Curcumin that decided they wanted to back out and not be in products with other types - that screwed us and we were out of money on labels. We could have sued them, but would've cost more money to sue them than we would've won. Instead, I'll just never deal with that branded ingredient supplier again and it cost them far more money than they cost me because they lost all their ingredient supply with another brand that they didn't know I did formulation for that used a lot of their stuff.

The issue now is that we have material for all 3 types but before we even launch it, one of the types issued a statement that their MOQ is going up for everyone and its a ridiculous MOQ; like they can go straight to h... type MOQ. So in the process of trying to work that out with them or going to scrap theirs and replace it with another type.

Overall, this product has been stressful as hell and we've lost thousands on it before we even launch it. And I definitely wish I'd never discussed it publicly because I keep getting asked about an ETA and have had some people be real jerks taking shots at me over an ETA on it because it didn't come out when I had hoped; which really irritates me bc its easy for people to sit and nit pick and complain when they're not the ones dealing with the hassle over it and having so much money sunk it to. And like you said, most companies wouldn't have even attempted this because of the headaches involved but I have and its been hell, and yet still having people nit pick over it. Absolutely no one wants this released more than me.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I can empathize with the frustration re ETA, but looking at that optimistically (and not that you need me to point it out)...lots of customers might be extra bummed over delays because they value your products so highly. Some of those customers are just more vocal about being bummed. I'm sure if you're going to get sh1t from customers, it's kinda cool that it's due to them loving your stuff, and not due to them hating on quality and service.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Telos95 looks very interesting but also a lot of conflicting information as well. I don't wanna hijack the thread but can anyone point me twords some good reading material on that

robshef

Awards
  • First Up Vote

And legally speaking, the ingredients are supposed to simply go in order on the label by dosage. So if there is 500 mg. of type 1, its the highest, if there's 250 mg. of type 2 then they're second, etc.

The goal with this is/was to provide 3 different branded types of Curcumin each that had a different absorption mechanism. Because some types work better for some people while some types work better for others. So if we had them all in one, that eliminates the guesswork.

The original version of the product had one particular branded Curcumin that decided they wanted to back out and not be in products with other types - that screwed us and we were out of money on labels. We could have sued them, but would've cost more money to sue them than we would've won. Instead, I'll just never deal with that branded ingredient supplier again and it cost them far more money than they cost me because they lost all their ingredient supply with another brand that they didn't know I did formulation for that used a lot of their stuff.

The issue now is that we have material for all 3 types but before we even launch it, one of the types issued a statement that their MOQ is going up for everyone and its a ridiculous MOQ; like they can go straight to h... type MOQ. So in the process of trying to work that out with them or going to scrap theirs and replace it with another type.

Overall, this product has been stressful as hell and we've lost thousands on it before we even launch it. And I definitely wish I'd never discussed it publicly because I keep getting asked about an ETA and have had some people be real jerks taking shots at me over an ETA on it because it didn't come out when I had hoped; which really irritates me bc its easy for people to sit and nit pick and complain when they're not the ones dealing with the hassle over it and having so much money sunk it to. And like you said, most companies wouldn't have even attempted this because of the headaches involved but I have and its been hell, and yet still having people nit pick over it. Absolutely no one wants this released more than me.
Appreciate the update and info. Looking forward to this curcumin product. I probably don't fully understand the 3 types that were going to go in but if there's a replacement I hope it is similar in effect to the branded ingredient that pulled out.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I like that idea of an appearance type product. Any suggestions? We have a hair, skin, and nails product in the works that will be great for this; but I'm always open to other ideas.
Please put toco-8 in it.

And whoa, hey, no hate from me on the curcumin! I only ask, so I can know whether to order more or wait for your drop. You're good bro.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I can empathize with the frustration re ETA, but looking at that optimistically (and not that you need me to point it out)...lots of customers might be extra bummed over delays because they value your products so highly. Some of those customers are just more vocal about being bummed. I'm sure if you're going to get sh1t from customers, it's kinda cool that it's due to them loving your stuff, and not due to them hating on quality and service.
Thank you. And I really do appreciate people anticipating new releases and being excited about them. And I do think for some people, it really is them looking forward to the releases and being bummed when there are delays - and I really do appreciate and respect that.

My problem on my end, and I admit this - is that its a big personality thing of mine that I hate to disappoint people and let them down.
So when there are delays, I already feel bad about them; and I don't mind it at all when people are bummed right along with me over delays, its when some make jokes about it or take digs or shots at me over it like its intentional, because it very much isn't. No one wants them to come out more than me bc I'm the one with all the time and money tied up in them. Like the Elite Curcumin product, I'll have so many hours in it and by the time it releases I'll have printed and thrown out 2 different sets of labels - I'll basically be probably 2500.00 in the hole on disposed of labels.

And I do think that most people really are just bummed too and mean well, and I do appreciate that. But there have been a couple people here that have been real jerks over it a bout a month and a half ago complaining about ETA's and it wasn't good natured. They were meaning to be dicks about it - and it's like come on, we've released 17 new sku's this year already and will likely be over 30 total by the end of the year. That's pretty much unheard of and still catching grief over it.

I really do appreciate supportive posts like yours, ALOT. I really like helping people and interacting and I always do my best to give people the products that they want.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Please put toco-8 in it.

And whoa, hey, no hate from me on the curcumin! I only ask, so I can know whether to order more or wait for your drop. You're good bro.
We probably wouldn't use Toco-8 in the hair, skin, and nails product because I believe if I'm not mistaken that Toco-8 has to be in a liquid/soft gel form and this is a packed formula that wouldn't be suitable for that. But if enough people are interested, we would be glad to do a Toco-8 in addition to it.

And I know, it's not you. I know you're excited about it and I really appreciate it. I don't mind being asked at all. It's that there have been a few people here within the last month and a half that have thought they were funny by taking shots at me for some delays on releases. When I called them out on it, they tried to backtrack and say they were joking but it was mean spirited. And the thing is, to people like me that work constantly trying to make this stuff happen and have so much money tied up in it, its not a joke to us bc there are times where a product being delayed can be the difference in getting a paycheck or not.

The Elite Curcumin project is one that I've been excited about. Something like it has never been done, and there's a reason why haha - because its tough to get this many companies that normally view each other as competitors to allow us to use their ingredients together. The one company screwed us big time on it; and now the other company has screwed it up by increasing their MOQ to a completely unrealistic level, so I'd rather just replace it before we launch it than have to do it later. I have the replacement form narrowed to one of two types. In one case, I'm waiting to hear back from the company if they will allow theirs to be used in a product with 2 other branded versions - they are checking into it bc they'd never been asked before. If they don't, I'm already approved on the other one so we will go with that one.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Appreciate the update and info. Looking forward to this curcumin product. I probably don't fully understand the 3 types that were going to go in but if there's a replacement I hope it is similar in effect to the branded ingredient that pulled out.
There are a lot of different branded ingredient curcumins. Some are pretty close to one another and some are uniquely different. The key for us was to go with 3 great ones that all have different enhanced absorption mechanisms (and to a lesser degree, ones that were also well known for marketing purposes).

The first one that screwed us over - it sucked because it cost me label money BUT I wasn't a huge fan of their ingredient. It was one we'd been asked to use but wasn't one I personally thought was one of the better ones. So it sucked to get screwed out of money but it didn't bother me to have to switch to a different type.

The one that we had went with to replace that had a cool unique approach and was one we'd been asked for some, but the MOQ they increased to is just unreasonable. It sucks that I have labels with their ingredient already on it and raws that were lined up for production, but I'd rather change it before we introduce it than have to change it later.

The good part about it though is that one type that would not allow their ingredient to be in a product with other branded ones had reached back out to me awhile back to see if the offer was still on the table. So when this happened in the last couple of weeks, I've been in talks with them again and they're trying to verify if they can give approval to go forward with it. They will let me know this week. If they do say yes, it'll be worth the wait bc it will be a great addition to the product.

And, if the company we are waiting on an answer from says no, there's a really good type that's come out since this project initially started that already has said yes and we'll go with theirs.

So, as frustrating as this has been, I think the final product will actually be better than the original 2 versions would have been.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Telos95 looks very interesting but also a lot of conflicting information as well. I don't wanna hijack the thread but can anyone point me twords some good reading material on that
You're not hijacking the thread at all. This one the type of thing I was hoping would be discussed here.

What conflicting info are you seeing on Telos95?
I haven't seen anything conflicting on it itself; but the whole telomere subject is definitely a lot to take in.

I'm strongly leaning towards doing a Telos95 product.

Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
You're not hijacking the thread at all. This one the type of thing I was hoping would be discussed here.

I haven't seen anything conflicting on it itself; but the whole telomere subject is definitely a lot to take in.

Have you by chance come across any info on Telos95 that can’t be traced back to info put out by manufacturers of the product? It sounds cool and all, but the “clinical study” most sites refer to was conducted by companies who sell it.

As @Smont said, if anyone has any other info on this product could you please share?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!

I didn't word that correctly. While reading about it I came across how it can extend cell life, but it would extend the life of all cells including cancer cells. I believe the term used was create immortal cancer cells lol. Not that it's funny but it sounded funny to me. Anyway, I only did a whopping 2 hours of research so I still don't know anything about this stuff. That's why I was hoping to get pointed towards some material on the subject. I know they like to toss the potential cancer around in almost any conversation about supplements.

but outside that one little tidbit with the c word everything else looked very positive

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I have a feeling that telomeres are going to be a subject that's going to take a long time to fully or even come close to understanding

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Have you by chance come across any info on Telos95 that can’t be traced back to info put out by manufacturers of the product? It sounds cool and all, but the “clinical study” most sites refer to was conducted by companies who sell it.

As @Smont said, if anyone has any other info on this product could you please share?
The clinical study was sponsored by the company that sells it but that's the case with almost anything branded ingredient that is unique. What I mean by that is that if there's a branded form of Bacopa for example, there's hundreds of studies on Bacopa so you have a reference point for non branded forms. But when its a unique specialized extract, generally no one else is going to spend money on clinical studies until after the company does themselves.

Also, in a couple places, I read that the place where the studies were done has a great reputation but I still need to fact check that part.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I didn't word that correctly. While reading about it I came across how it can extend cell life, but it would extend the life of all cells including cancer cells. I believe the term used was create immortal cancer cells lol. Not that it's funny but it sounded funny to me. Anyway, I only did a whopping 2 hours of research so I still don't know anything about this stuff. That's why I was hoping to get pointed towards some material on the subject. I know they like to toss the potential cancer around in almost any conversation about supplements.

but outside that one little tidbit with the c word everything else looked very positive
I think that would be the case with pretty much anything in the Telomere category; there is no way that I'm aware of for anything to target specific cells.

Another interesting note though is that some places say that cancer cells are already more efficient than regular cells at avoiding senescence to begin with and consider that helping accomplish it with other cells would be more like helping to level the playing field.

I'm in the same boat as you, I still need to do more research on the subject overall, but like you said in your next post - I think there will continue to be new research added in this category and a learning curve for quite some time.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I have a feeling that telomeres are going to be a subject that's going to take a long time to fully or even come close to understanding
I agree. I think that it will take a lot of time to understand them and that knowledge in that field is rapidly growing so its something one would have to keep up with ongoingly to really stay on top of it.

mikem1062

Awards
  • First Up Vote
One idea to consider for any products that would come out in an "anti-aging" category: help on the website to understand which product to choose, and why - possibly with links to deeper studies for people to explore further. Aside from helping people with less knowledge (such as myself) make better decisions when selecting between multiple options - it may help "sell" the benefits, in aid of overcoming the “some people don't bother with stuff they "can't feel"” notion.

The same idea could be applied to families of products already on the website - for instance, suppose I'm interested (but not knowledgeable) in "pump". On the SNS website I might go to "Shop By Goal" and select "Pump". I've now got two pages of options to consider. Where should I start? What are the basic differences between the products, or types of products? Is there anything I should definitely stay away from as a beginner? Maybe even - what really is "pump", and how can it help me or why might I like it? Perhaps a "Where To Start" or "Help Me Decide" type of button near the top that walks someone through some questions or presents a summary of info?

SNS and CEL products really impress me - and here on AM I see a great deal of respect and appreciation for the many products on offer. I'm interested in trying more of your products - but not having the experience and knowledge of many on AM I do struggle a bit to figure things out before arriving at a comfortable buying decision. (also, being based in the UK - I tend to wait for a big sale and buy more in bulk since so few products are available in the UK, and particularly at what I'd consider good pricing)

Just coincidentally - I'm loving Vasoforce XT. I have both the old and new formulations, and prefer the "new" - great job there.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
One idea to consider for any products that would come out in an "anti-aging" category: help on the website to understand which product to choose, and why - possibly with links to deeper studies for people to explore further. Aside from helping people with less knowledge (such as myself) make better decisions when selecting between multiple options - it may help "sell" the benefits, in aid of overcoming the “some people don't bother with stuff they "can't feel"” notion.

The same idea could be applied to families of products already on the website - for instance, suppose I'm interested (but not knowledgeable) in "pump". On the SNS website I might go to "Shop By Goal" and select "Pump". I've now got two pages of options to consider. Where should I start? What are the basic differences between the products, or types of products? Is there anything I should definitely stay away from as a beginner? Maybe even - what really is "pump", and how can it help me or why might I like it? Perhaps a "Where To Start" or "Help Me Decide" type of button near the top that walks someone through some questions or presents a summary of info?

SNS and CEL products really impress me - and here on AM I see a great deal of respect and appreciation for the many products on offer. I'm interested in trying more of your products - but not having the experience and knowledge of many on AM I do struggle a bit to figure things out before arriving at a comfortable buying decision. (also, being based in the UK - I tend to wait for a big sale and buy more in bulk since so few products are available in the UK, and particularly at what I'd consider good pricing)

Just coincidentally - I'm loving Vasoforce XT. I have both the old and new formulations, and prefer the "new" - great job there.
I like and agree with your idea but its not as easy as it may seem. I'll break down my reply into a paragraph by paragraph reply to your post.

I had considered putting them under our Health Series or creating a separate series for them. I had considered even creating a separate website for them to lay out a lot of information on the subject. However, there are a few limiting factors - the cost of doing so, the time required and lack of hours in the day for me to put toward it because I'm spread so thin, but mainly it's because you have to be careful as a supplement company what you actually say about things like this from an FDA perspective. This category has a lot of scam and con artist type companies in it so we have to be super careful of FDA oversight in this category. We could discuss the subject in a broad stroke manner but the FDA may consider tools to help you select one over the other as giving you medical advice. I hope that makes sense.

The same answer as above somewhat applies to this category. A lot of companies just throw generic write ups up but we try to be pretty explanatory with our write ups to help people make choices. A great thing about SNS is that we do provide a lot of options, but along with a lot of options can come the problem as you're saying here - it can be a bit overwhelming. The danger of a where to start or help me decide button is that it could be construed as giving medical advice and that's against FDA law. Now, I do understand some companies do things like this and don't care but we do because the consequences of not following these laws and guidelines can be pretty severe. Plus, with pump products, the thing is - different things work different for different people so the options really allow people to try different things and see what works best for them. But a good rule to go by is that if you only want to try one thing, try VasoForce XT or VasoForce Rush since they are very comprehensive formulas for Pumps. Then, if you want to add things to them, you can. Great options include X-Gels (Arachidonic Acid) or GlycerPump Caps - and the write ups on both of those are very descriptive.

Thank you. Anytime you have questions or need help figuring things out, feel free to pm me anytime. I'm also glad to give you my email address and What's App by pm so you can contact me anytime with questions.

Thank you. I'm glad that you like VasoForce XT. I think its a great product and very underrated around here on AM.

Reactions: Nac
Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just thinking aloud here I guess but...

It seems Telos95 is made up of at least 2 ingredients, olive leaf extract and grapevine extract. Some places also mention Astragalus extract. Dosing looks to be around 65mg-130mg.

These are not new ingredients, obviously. I think alot of us probably use, or have used, Astragalus and olive leaf at least. And typical dosing of these is in the region of 500mg-4gm+

I think I understand some of the rudimentary basics of extracting for specific compounds. For example, just because I currently take 500mg of olive leaf "extract", doesn't necessarily mean I am getting the 20mg of whatever extract is in Telos95.

But it's possible? The Telos95 patent holder isn't extracting for anything magical, the compounds are found in the parent material.

I guess my, suspicion or skepticism is, could this Teols95 be kinda like Pine bark extracts, generic vs pycnogenol? You can feasibly get all the compounds in Pycnogenol using a much cheaper product....we could already be getting the benefits of Telos95 using other much cheaper products?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Just thinking aloud here I guess but...

It seems Telos95 is made up of at least 2 ingredients, olive leaf extract and grapevine extract. Some places also mention Astragalus extract. Dosing looks to be around 65mg-130mg.

These are not new ingredients, obviously. I think alot of us probably use, or have used, Astragalus and olive leaf at least. And typical dosing of these is in the region of 500mg-4gm+

I think I understand some of the rudimentary basics of extracting for specific compounds. For example, just because I currently take 500mg of olive leaf "extract", doesn't necessarily mean I am getting the 20mg of whatever extract is in Telos95.

But it's possible? The Telos95 patent holder isn't extracting for anything magical, the compounds are found in the parent material.

I guess my, suspicion or skepticism is, could this Teols95 be kinda like Pine bark extracts, generic vs pycnogenol? You can feasibly get all the compounds in Pycnogenol using a much cheaper product....we could already be getting the benefits of Telos95 using other much cheaper products?
From my reading I don't think that would be the case with this one.

For example, Pycnogenol vs. Pine Bark - they're both just Pine Bark.

This would be imo more like comparing regular Ashwagandha to Sensoril in that Sensoril is extracted for specific constituents and you'd have to take a disproportionately ridiculous amount of regular Ashwagandha to get anywhere close to it.

Now Astragalus extract on the other hand, a lot of places seem to be full of crap about that. From what I've read, the most interesting data is on Cycloastragenol and Astragaloside IV and it seems like many companies try to pass off Astragalus Extract as Astragaloside IV because Astragaloside IV costs so muc.

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
However, those older adults with high dietary intake of nutrients commonly found in nuts, soybeans, olive oils, and fish (such as vitamin E, lysine, DHA omega-3 and LA omega-6 PUFA) tended to have lower brain iron and better working memory performance than expected for their age.

emiliozapata

emiliozapata

Awards
  • Established

i simply buy raw turmeric root from the store and mix in smoothie with avocado oil

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm glad that you're enjoying it. Telomeres and mitochondrial health is some interesting stuff. Like every other supplement category, there are some BS ones out there but there are some good ingredients as well, many of them just happen to be on the expensive side. I'd been considering trying to do some of them and do them at a very low margin to help more people be able to afford to try them.

But like @DieselNY said above, some people only like things that they can feel and that's not what that category is about. It's about overall longevity and hoping that things help down the line.
Say you have the average supplement user and AAS guy/gal. By the time they spend money on the "essentials" as you mentioned NY: pre-workout, protein, joint product and so on there is little left over for most people to spend on this category. sns8778 even if the price point is attractive I still look at these products as a huge commitment from the standpoint that for full benefit you really need to take them, well, for your lifetime. So even $20.00, which is cheap for the category, can look like alot when it's per month for life.

Now if marketed towards the another crowd altogether then this changes of course. If your target is not already spending $100+ a month it becomes and easier sale.

LOL at the beta-alanine reference as I have had returns of pre-workout because it did not make them tingle enough. When I pointed out that the product in question did not contain BA they just looked at me like so what? sigh lol

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
i simply buy raw turmeric root from the store and mix in smoothie with avocado oil
There's nothing wrong with doing that but its pretty much impossible to get enough actual Curcumin that way to provide a lot of the great benefits associated with Curcumin.

First, the % extract from whole sources just isn't high enough. And then there are the absorption issues with Curcumin which are the reason that a lot of the different types of specialized curcumin extracts exist.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Say you have the average supplement user and AAS guy/gal. By the time they spend money on the "essentials" as you mentioned NY: pre-workout, protein, joint product and so on there is little left over for most people to spend on this category. sns8778 even if the price point is attractive I still look at these products as a huge commitment from the standpoint that for full benefit you really need to take them, well, for your lifetime. So even $20.00, which is cheap for the category, can look like alot when it's per month for life.

Now if marketed towards the another crowd altogether then this changes of course. If your target is not already spending $100+ a month it becomes and easier sale.

LOL at the beta-alanine reference as I have had returns of pre-workout because it did not make them tingle enough. When I pointed out that the product in question did not contain BA they just looked at me like so what? sigh lol
It would literally be impossible to provide a quality product in this category for 20.00. Heck, the cost of raws alone for some of these things in a formula would be at or exceed 20.00 just to make it. So its definitely not a category for everyone.

On the other hand, there are a lot of BS products in this category altogether and a lot of ridiculous markups. So my thought is if we can provide the products at more cost effective prices to people that are interested, that may be beneficial. For example, let's say an man or woman could afford a product at 50.00 per month but a product that could be sold fairly at 50.00 is ridiculously marked up by a company just bc they know they can get more from a certain crowd. That leaves her in a spot where she can't afford to buy the good or even decent ones and then maybe looks at others that are deceptive as hell - for example like some that try to pass off Astragalus extract as Astragaloside IV. So then in this scenario she gets ripped off completely. Whereas, if we did one, maybe we could do less markup and provide her a great product for 50.00, a price point that would allow her to use it.

AM is a bodybuilding forum so that's what I primarily discuss here, but my passion overall is helping people. In some cases that's bodybuilding, but I also really love our Health Series and that's why I'm so passionate about expanding that - because the goal is to deliver absolute top quality products at the best prices; and I'm fine with taking low margins as long as it allows more people to be able to afford to take the products because I want them them to be able to take them so they can help them.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
On the other hand, there are a lot of BS products in this category altogether and a lot of ridiculous markups.
That's an interesting point.

Everyone is familiar with how much more transparent Pre workout supplement labeling has become over recent years. It was the norm to have prop blends and underdosed ingredients, but now that's the exception, at least in that category. Obviously, aside from protein, this is due to its widespread popularity and consumer awareness/pressure.

The category of "health" supplements, is a COMPLETELY different story. I notice this most with heart/cardiovascular health products (probably because it's a category I'm obsessed with). If the product doesn't have a prop blend, it has ingredients/compounds that are woefully underdosed. It's terrible.

It's like manufacturers think, as long as they have ingredients on the panel that are most recognizable by name alone, most consumers will have no idea if those ingredients are also dosed appropriately.

Which is exactly what was occurring with pre workouts.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

Everyone is familiar with how much more transparent Pre workout supplement labeling has become over recent years. It was the norm to have prop blends and underdosed ingredients, but now that's the exception, at least in that category. Obviously, aside from protein, this is due to its widespread popularity and consumer awareness/pressure.

The category of "health" supplements, is a COMPLETELY different story. I notice this most with heart/cardiovascular health products (probably because it's a category I'm obsessed with). If the product doesn't have a prop blend, it has ingredients/compounds that are woefully underdosed. It's terrible.

It's like manufacturers think, as long as they have ingredients on the panel that are most recognizable by name alone, most consumers will have no idea if those ingredients are also dosed appropriately.

It's interesting that you wrote the 2nd to last paragraph there that you did. I was finalizing the Optimize-T write up earlier today (will do the official intro tomorrow) but here is an except that I wrote:

The natural testosterone boosting category of supplements is a very hot category and unfortunately one that is filled with a lot of underhanded sales and money saving tactics that are used by brands to increase margins, pay their celebrity endorsers, &/or to be able to give the presentation that they include certain ingredients but do so at such a low dosage that the ingredients wouldn’t be effective.

Examples of these tactics include proprietary blends and label dressing.

Proprietary blends are where the dosage is given for an entire list of ingredients, but the dosage is not broken down for each individual ingredient. By using a proprietary blend, brands can deceive consumers into believing there is an effective dose of the ingredient in the product when there may be as little as less than 1 mg. in the formula depending on the label placement of the ingredient within the proprietary blend.

The term ‘label dressing’ is similar to ‘window dressing’, the term where stores would rope you in by trying to make you think one then when they were really selling another or by tricking you into thinking you’re getting a value when you’re really getting ripped off or taken advantage of. Label dressing is used as part of proprietary blends where an ingredient may be listed for show but the dosage may not be enough to be effective, but it can also happen on products aren’t proprietary blends. Many consumers don’t know what the effective dosages of ingredients are and they rely on the brands and believe that they are using the correct dosages in formulas, when sadly, that isn’t the case a lot of times. An example of ‘label dressing’ on a non-proprietary blended product would be when the brand uses an ingredient and lists the dosage in the product but the dosage is not at a efficacious dosage. This allows the brands to trick consumers and give the presentation of delivering certain ingredients while keeping their costs low and their margins high.

Here are some of the significant differences between Optimize-T and many other testosterone boosters on the market:

• Premium Ingredients
  • Clinically Researched Key Ingredients
  • 8 Licensed, Branded Ingredients
  • Efficacious Dosages of Ingredients (no ‘label dressing’)
  • No Deceptive Proprietary Blends

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

I posted the above for irony and that we were thinking basically the same thing about some categories. And it definitely applies with anti-aging stuff. I see companies use Wheat Germ Extract and try to pass it off as Spermidine and Astragalus Extract and try to pass it off as Astragaloside IV. Literally using ingredients that cost less than 15.00 per kg. and trying to pass them off as ones that cost hundreds or thousands of dollars per kg.

And I agree that the cardiovascular health category is very affected as well. We have 3 different products in that category ready to move forward into production - Blood Pressure Support XT, Cardiovascular Support XT, and Cholesterol Support XT. As part of that, I did a lot of research on competing products and its just disgusting honestly how some of the formulas look in that category of supplements - they are complete jokes from a formulation standpoint and just trying to take advantage of customers lack of knowledge.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I posted the above for irony and that we were thinking basically the same thing about some categories. And it definitely applies with anti-aging stuff. I see companies use Wheat Germ Extract and try to pass it off as Spermidine and Astragalus Extract and try to pass it off as Astragaloside IV. Literally using ingredients that cost less than 15.00 per kg. and trying to pass them off as ones that cost hundreds or thousands of dollars per kg.

And I agree that the cardiovascular health category is very affected as well. We have 3 different products in that category ready to move forward into production - Blood Pressure Support XT, Cardiovascular Support XT, and Cholesterol Support XT. As part of that, I did a lot of research on competing products and its just disgusting honestly how some of the formulas look in that category of supplements - they are complete jokes from a formulation standpoint and just trying to take advantage of customers lack of knowledge.
Lol for sure.

Heart/cardiovascular health is typically just not a sexy appealing category, and unless a consumer has a health scare and/or decides that their lifestyle choices may not be helping their longevity, most will at best just pay the topic and category a cursory glance. Which is fine, no judging or condescension intended from me. But this attitude will perpetuate the current general trends of this category of product.

And there are *some* decent formulations out there. The difficulty is navigating them, separating the wheat from the chaff. I'm sure your guys offerings will go towards pushing the trend in a positive direction, especially within the consumer demographic your brands are popular with.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Lol for sure.

Heart/cardiovascular health is typically just not a sexy appealing category, and unless a consumer has a health scare and/or decides that their lifestyle choices may not be helping their longevity, most will at best just pay the topic and category a cursory glance. Which is fine, no judging or condescension intended from me. But this attitude will perpetuate the current general trends of this category of product.

And there are *some* decent formulations out there. The difficulty is navigating them, separating the wheat from the chaff. I'm sure your guys offerings will go towards pushing the trend in a positive direction, especially within the consumer demographic your brands are popular with.
There are definitely some decent ones out there but they are in the minority. Most products in that category try to sell at a low price point to target impulse buyers and go for the cheapest possible formula to be able to do so; and to be able to spend the most on marketing.

And you're right - too many people don't have an interest in some categories like this until there's already a problem and then its too late or they're in damage control mode and have unrealistic expectations about a product. A good example - I literally had a pm asking me if I thought someone could expect a 30 point decrease in diastolic blood pressure with the upcoming Blood Pressure Support XT. My response was you can't even expect that with most BP medication and if theirs was high enough to need a 30 point drop, they needed to immediately see a cardiologist and make some dramatic lifestyle changes and choices.

My approach with the Health Series products is pretty simple. We aren't going to be the cheapest because I want to be the best, and its impossible to be both. BUT I am willing to take a lot less margin than most companies in order to be able to sell them at cost effective prices so that people can actually afford to use them. Cost Effective being the key phrase - getting a top quality product at a great price.

You mentioned consumer demographics - I love the sports nutrition and fitness enthusiast crowd and always want to stay close to it and offer products that people want here; but at the same time, we are really working on expanding our demographic. I like to help people and I'm very passionate about the Health Series and I want to help as many people as possible with those formulas, and to do so, we need to expand our demographic big time.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It would literally be impossible to provide a quality product in this category for 20.00. Heck, the cost of raws alone for some of these things in a formula would be at or exceed 20.00 just to make it. So its definitely not a category for everyone.

On the other hand, there are a lot of BS products in this category altogether and a lot of ridiculous markups. So my thought is if we can provide the products at more cost effective prices to people that are interested, that may be beneficial. For example, let's say an man or woman could afford a product at 50.00 per month but a product that could be sold fairly at 50.00 is ridiculously marked up by a company just bc they know they can get more from a certain crowd. That leaves her in a spot where she can't afford to buy the good or even decent ones and then maybe looks at others that are deceptive as hell - for example like some that try to pass off Astragalus extract as Astragaloside IV. So then in this scenario she gets ripped off completely. Whereas, if we did one, maybe we could do less markup and provide her a great product for 50.00, a price point that would allow her to use it.

AM is a bodybuilding forum so that's what I primarily discuss here, but my passion overall is helping people. In some cases that's bodybuilding, but I also really love our Health Series and that's why I'm so passionate about expanding that - because the goal is to deliver absolute top quality products at the best prices; and I'm fine with taking low margins as long as it allows more people to be able to afford to take the products because I want them them to be able to take them so they can help them.
TBH long-term I believe that type of customer represents a long-term success model. It has been my experience that when you get a 35-50-year-old on a product they like that is NOT BB/fitness related they will be incredibly loyal to that product. Take joint products as an example: Your knee hurts and you are 45. You take a joint product and it works well you are not going to dump it for the next new shiny joint product to come out like we BBers do with almost everything. When you successfully serve that demographic you can secure a customer for almost life.

I like your direction/thinking on this and assuming you reach the correct crowd I see this and the health series in general as having great potential.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I didn't search the thread, I know metformin is mentioned a lot in this scenario. Berberine is often used in place of metformin for other reasons, does berberine have some of the same effect on aging?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote

This is pretty much nail on head. Most people do not know what a good dose of an ingredient is and supplement companies can use some tactics to make things seem like more than they are.

i.e. product A lists Caffeine at 200mg and product B lists 1000mg Coffee Bean Extract standardised for 10% Caffeine. To the untrained eye, the 1000mg seems like a higher dose, but in reality product A has double the caffeine.

Reactions: Nac
sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I didn't search the thread, I know metformin is mentioned a lot in this scenario. Berberine is often used in place of metformin for other reasons, does berberine have some of the same effect on aging?
Some people would regard Berberine as having anti-aging properties. It kind of goes back to what the individuals definition of anti-aging is.

We already have GlycoPhase which is an awesome product but we also are doing a GlucoVantage XT (Dihydroberberine) and also will have a Health Series Blood Sugar Support XT product coming out in the coming months as well.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Some people would regard Berberine as having anti-aging properties. It kind of goes back to what the individuals definition of anti-aging is.

We already have GlycoPhase which is an awesome product but we also are doing a GlucoVantage XT (Dihydroberberine) and also will have a Health Series Blood Sugar Support XT product coming out in the coming months as well.
You guys really are hitting it all, I just got two more bottles of anabolic effect, did 3 months then had some personal issues so took a couple weeks off the gym, but I really enjoyed it the first time.

I honestly wish I could use everything you guys come out with, I'd be able to find some form or fashion for damn near every product. Would be nice to have the arsenal!

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Berberine seems to increase AMPK in lab animals similar to metformin and I think one would be hard-pressed to argue that a lower overall BG level would shorten lifespan(dangerously low of course being an exception lol.)

Berberine and Cancer a Review

"Berberine (BBR) has been extensively studied in vivo and vitro experiments. BBR inhibits cell proliferation by regulating cell cycle and cell autophagy, and promoting cell apoptosis. BBR also inhibits cell invasion and metastasis by suppressing EMT and down-regulating the expression of metastasis-related proteins and signaling pathways. In addition, BBR inhibits cell proliferation by interacting with microRNAs and suppressing telomerase activity. BBR exerts its anti-inflammation and antioxidant properties, and also regulates tumor microenvironment. This review emphasized that BBR as a potential anti-inflammation and antioxidant agent, also as an effective immunomodulator, is expected to be widely used in clinic for cancer therapy."

Bolded for the fasting crowds' enjoyment, this abstract certainly checks the buzzword boxes.

search "pubmed human berberine" if you wish to go down the rabbit hole.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Autophagy, lol...that term has extra special lol-factor at the moment thanks to Layne Nortons latest pop-science schoolings.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Autophagy, lol...that term has extra special lol-factor at the moment thanks to Layne Nortons latest pop-science schoolings.
If you have been around for any length of time in fitness/BB/supplements and adjacent interest groups you can't help but laugh/bang your head against the wall at the stuff that the general public latches onto or believes. For instance, the whole "gummy" craze is particularly irritating to me personally. Here's an idea let's keep our desire to gobble candy all day over here and our desire to improve our health and well-being over here. They don't need to intermingle as you get the best of neither that way. I mean if we are talking about a multi for a three-year-old? Ok, I see the merit but grown-ass adults don't need to be coerced into compliance with candy, either you care enough to swallow this incredibly inconvenient capsule or you don't(sarcasm heavy here.)

I bring up the gummies for another reason: much like autophagy and those who act like this is some new groundbreaking discovery/practice ie fasting there is gummy super beats that "now comes with the new ingredient grape seed extract!" F**KING GSE has been around for 40+ years and these dip***** want to act like they just emerged from the depths of the Amazon with their "new discover." Sigh, ugh, puke........rinse repeat.

-getting my jaded been around too long rant for the day out of the way early!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
If you have been around for any length of time in fitness/BB/supplements and adjacent interest groups you can't help but laugh/bang your head against the wall at the stuff that the general public latches onto or believes. For instance, the whole "gummy" craze is particularly irritating to me personally. Here's an idea let's keep our desire to gobble candy all day over here and our desire to improve our health and well-being over here. They don't need to intermingle as you get the best of neither that way. I mean if we are talking about a multi for a three-year-old? Ok, I see the merit but grown-ass adults don't need to be coerced into compliance with candy, either you care enough to swallow this incredibly inconvenient capsule or you don't(sarcasm heavy here.)

I bring up the gummies for another reason: much like autophagy and those who act like this is some new groundbreaking discovery/practice ie fasting there is gummy super beats that "now comes with the new ingredient grape seed extract!" F**KING GSE has been around for 40+ years and these dip***** want to act like they just emerged from the depths of the Amazon with their "new discover." Sigh, ugh, puke........rinse repeat.

-getting my jaded been around too long rant for the day out of the way early!
Who thinks that fasting is a new thing? What else did they think people did when there wasn’t food available? I’m missing something here.

Yeah gummies are for children.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
You guys really are hitting it all, I just got two more bottles of anabolic effect, did 3 months then had some personal issues so took a couple weeks off the gym, but I really enjoyed it the first time.

I honestly wish I could use everything you guys come out with, I'd be able to find some form or fashion for damn near every product. Would be nice to have the arsenal!
Thank you.

I'm glad that you enjoyed Anabolic Effect and that you'll be using it again. Sorry to hear about the personal issues; I hope that all is well and better now.

And thank you again, we do our best to try to create products for a variety of different purposes. And we also have a lot of cool stuff new stuff in the works as well.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Who thinks that fasting is a new thing? What else did they think people did when there wasn’t food available? I’m missing something here.

Yeah gummies are for children.
Poll 100 random people and ask when they first heard about IF? If they have even heard of it I bet the majority first heard of the practice in the last couple of years. Heck, I bet the average person just recently heard about keto, I have had people ask whats a carbohydrate is and these are grown adults and they were 100% serious.

megadeth

megadeth

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
E Annatto Deltagold
Geranylgeraniol

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
I turn 60 next month. Been away from lifting for a few years. Way overweight.

I still have a full head of hair, though graying, so I don't care about any hair growth ingredients.

Things I'd love to fix:
  • Energy. I'm tired all the time. Even with good sleep.
  • Brain fog. Having a hard time focusing on mental work for more than 15 to 30 mins at a time.
  • Fat loss
  • Muscle toning
  • Immunity
  • Recovery
Not all of those are exclusively age related, though

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I turn 60 next month. Been away from lifting for a few years. Way overweight.

I still have a full head of hair, though graying, so I don't care about any hair growth ingredients.

Things I'd love to fix:
  • Energy. I'm tired all the time. Even with good sleep.
  • Brain fog. Having a hard time focusing on mental work for more than 15 to 30 mins at a time.
  • Fat loss
  • Muscle toning
  • Immunity
  • Recovery
Not all of those are exclusively age related, though
Thank you for sharing and explaining. And all of those issues can be related to aging, but also can have a lot of other factors as well.

We make products for most of those, but it would be almost impossible to have one product that would be that diverse because it would require so many different ingredients.

Energy:
- Focus XT is a great option for both energy and brain fog.
- Optimize-T will be great in terms of helping with overall vitality and decreasing fatigue.

Other products that we make that are great for energy are:
- Thermagize XT
- Eria Jarensis Caps
- Caffeine Caps - 501 cap value size
- Dynamine Caps
- SYN-30
- Alpha Yohimbine caps
- Yohimbine 2.5 caps

Brain Fog:
- Focus XT is a great option for this.
Other great options for this that we make are:
- Stress & Anxiety Support
- KannaEase
- Eria Jarensis Caps
- PEA-500 Xtreme
- ALCAR-500

Fat Loss:
- Lean Edge - stimulant free fat burner with 15 high end active ingredients
- Thermagize XT - the ultimate one capsule fat burning energizer
Other ingredients that we make for fat loss:
- Focus XT - contains several fat burning ingredients
- GlycoPhase - GDA/Nutrient Partitioning formula
- Reduce XT - great for cortisol control
- KSM-66- great for cortisol control and hormonal optimization
- ALCAR-500
- Alpha Yohimbine
- Eria Jarensis Caps
- Garcinia Cambogia Caps
- Green Coffee Bean Extract
- Paradoxine
- PEA-500 Xtreme
- RK-125
- RK-500 Xtreme
- SYN-30 caps
- Yohimbine 2.5 caps

Muscle Toning/Muscle Building:
- Optimize-T
- VasoForce XT
- X-Gels
- GlycoPhase
- Anacyclus XT
- Creatine HCI Caps & Powder
- Magnesium Creatine Chelate Powder -
- Furosap XT
- Spilanthes XT
- Leucine Powder

Immunity/Immune Support:
- Immune Support XT - very underrated imo
- Vitamin C Powder
- Liver Assist XT
- Stress & Anxiety Support XT

Recovery:
- Optimize-T
- Energized Aminos
- Agmatine XT
- Citrulline Malate
- Betaine Anhydrous
- Cissus XT
- Joint Support XT
- Creatine HCI Caps & Powder
- Magnesium Creatine Chelate Powder
- PEAK02
- VasoForce XT

I'm sure I'm missing some in some categories. I think a lot of people, even some that really like SNS, overlook how many products we actually make haha.

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
it would be almost impossible to have one product that would be that diverse because it would require so many different ingredients.

Energy:
- Focus XT is a great option for both energy and brain fog.
- Optimize-T will be great in terms of helping with overall vitality and decreasing fatigue.
I agree it would be impractical to try to cover so much in a single product.
I just placed an order for Focus and Optimize. Crossing fingers.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I agree it would be impractical to try to cover so much in a single product.
I just placed an order for Focus and Optimize. Crossing fingers.
Awesome. I really hope that you'll enjoy them. If you have any questions or if I can help in any way, please let me know.