Anti-Aging Supplements - Anyone Interested?

slimsaw00

Awards
  • Established
The Pomegranate supplement looks interesting! Is anyone doing anything with CoQ10 or Pine Bark/Pycnogenol. Are those beneficial for heart health? I drink POM juice every day but may add a Pomalla cap too.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
The Pomegranate supplement looks interesting! Is anyone doing anything with CoQ10 or Pine Bark/Pycnogenol. Are those beneficial for heart health? I drink POM juice every day but may add a Pomalla cap too.
Pine Park is a great ingredient in my opinion.

CoQ10 is good also. Some people make an argument that you need an advanced form of it (Ubiquinol) and that may be true for some people but not for everyone.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I’m not very creative these days, but Luteolin could be an ingredient worth considering in an anti-aging supplement. Oh, and possibly Ecklonia Cava?

Also, any thoughts on red palm oil extract? I have been taking TOCO-9 for 3-4 months, though it’s hard to really quantify any benefits. I take many things! That is the only oral supplement I have been taking as of late for mostly anti-aging purposes though.

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Oral Sun Protection.

Sun damage/exposure and photo-aging is the quickest route to premature skin aging, sun spots, wrinkles etc. Followed by smoking.

If you want to remain looking young, you need sun protection...every day.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Oral Sun Protection.

Sun damage/exposure and photo-aging is the quickest route to premature skin aging, sun spots, wrinkles etc. Followed by smoking.

If you want to remain looking young, you need sun protection...every day.
I'm open to ideas. Any ingredient suggestions for this?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I’m not very creative these days, but Luteolin could be an ingredient worth considering in an anti-aging supplement. Oh, and possibly Ecklonia Cava?

Also, any thoughts on red palm oil extract? I have been taking TOCO-9 for 3-4 months, though it’s hard to really quantify any benefits. I take many things! That is the only oral supplement I have been taking as of late for mostly anti-aging purposes though.
I've thought about including Luteolin in some things and we may be incorporating Ecklonia Cava into some things :)

I haven't looed into red palm oil extract much but I'd be glad to. We just hadn't been asked for it.

kl1234

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've thought about including Luteolin in some things and we may be incorporating Ecklonia Cava into some things :)

I haven't looed into red palm oil extract much but I'd be glad to. We just hadn't been asked for it.
I know the science(or lack there of) is all over the place on this one… but, I personally use it… C60 olive oil,coconut oil etc.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Yeah, I don’t think red palm oil extract as a solo product would be a high demand item. Unless of course it were more economical for the consumer than other options :). Otherwise, it could just be an add-on ingredient to something else.

Some other ingredient options I thought about in the meantime that have caught my attention were Tyrosol, L-ascorbic acid 2-phosphate (2-Phospho-L-ascorbic acid), and Geranylgeraniol.

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm open to ideas. Any ingredient suggestions for this?
You're most popular and well researched are going to be:

Lycopene
polypodium leucotomos
Red Orange Extract

Possible others(off the top of my head)
Niacinamide
Beta-Carotine
Ferulic Acid

I make my own anti-aging pre/post sun care spray as well, to compliment my sunscreen and skin/anti-aging routine.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yeah, I don’t think red palm oil extract as a solo product would be a high demand item. Unless of course it were more economical for the consumer than other options :). Otherwise, it could just be an add-on ingredient to something else.

Some other ingredient options I thought about in the meantime that have caught my attention were Tyrosol, L-ascorbic acid 2-phosphate (2-Phospho-L-ascorbic acid), and Geranylgeraniol.
Thank you for the suggestions. I'll definitely check those out.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

Lycopene
polypodium leucotomos
Red Orange Extract

Niacinamide
Beta-Carotine
Ferulic Acid

I make my own anti-aging pre/post sun care spray as well, to compliment my sunscreen and skin/anti-aging routine.
Thank you. I like your thought process on this and I hadn't looked into it much so I'm definitely putting this on my research list and very open to a skin health anti-aging type product.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

Lycopene
polypodium leucotomos
Red Orange Extract

Niacinamide
Beta-Carotine
Ferulic Acid

My pre and post skincare regimen for days at the beach and/or pool is:

Vitamin C
Fish oils
Hyaluronic acid
Lysine
Collagen powder

This has worked well for me.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
just finishing off my 1st bottle of anabolic affect-already i've noticed some tightening of skin...will be ordering 2nd bottle tomorrow---miscalculated and only have 9 caps left, and it's going to be at least 4-5 days before i get the 2nd bottle---i guess a few days off won't hurt?

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
just finishing off my 1st bottle of anabolic affect-already i've noticed some tightening of skin...will be ordering 2nd bottle tomorrow---miscalculated and only have 9 caps left, and it's going to be at least 4-5 days before i get the 2nd bottle---i guess a few days off won't hurt?
Nah,

I have 2 bottles of AE coming my way any day as well. I started off with OL Kings Slayer recently and bought 2 bottles. It seems to be bloating me a bit too much for my liking, so I’m excited to switch back to AE which has served me well in the past.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Nah,

I have 2 bottles of AE coming my way any day as well. I started off with OL Kings Slayer recently and bought 2 bottles. It seems to be bloating me a bit too much for my liking, so I’m excited to switch back to AE which has served me well in the past.
OI sent me 2 bottles of kings slayer to log way back when it 1st came out, i remember really liking it but the Anabolic Effect profile looks considerably better.

really enjoyed 1st bottle of AE

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Are you taking COQ10? Look into taking shilajit fulvic acid with it too, there's some good synergy going on with it.

UbiquiNOL vs ubiquiNON...many of the studies showing in vitro human benefits have been done using the cheaper version of the two. Also, the body constantly transforms one to the other, back and forth, depending on which form is needed. So to me the cheaper version makes most sense to use.

There's a similar situation with pine bark/pycnogenol. As long as you buy your non-patented form of Pine bark extract from a trustworthy source, dosing it in the 200mg range should give you the same (if not better/greater) actives as the patented Pycnogenol version at 150mg. I've got one study saved on my phone that breaks down the specific actives in Pycnogenol, and there's nothing magical about them compared to a non-patented extract. You're just paying exorbitant prices for more guarantee and confidence, supposedly.

As far as benefits...crudely speaking I think whilst Pine bark certainly falls into the "heart health" and anti-inflam category, it does seem more specifically beneficial to arterial/vein health and function, particularly the endothelium and nitric oxide. It's commonly put up against something like Horse Chestnut, which itself is typically utilized for vein health especially legs.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Are you taking COQ10? Look into taking shilajit fulvic acid with it too, there's some good synergy going on with it.

UbiquiNOL vs ubiquiNON...many of the studies showing in vitro human benefits have been done using the cheaper version of the two. Also, the body constantly transforms one to the other, back and forth, depending on which form is needed. So to me the cheaper version makes most sense to use.

There's a similar situation with pine bark/pycnogenol. As long as you buy your non-patented form of Pine bark extract from a trustworthy source, dosing it in the 200mg range should give you the same (if not better/greater) actives as the patented Pycnogenol version at 150mg. I've got one study saved on my phone that breaks down the specific actives in Pycnogenol, and there's nothing magical about them compared to a non-patented extract. You're just paying exorbitant prices for more guarantee and confidence, supposedly.

As far as benefits...crudely speaking I think whilst Pine bark certainly falls into the "heart health" and anti-inflam category, it does seem more specifically beneficial to arterial/vein health and function, particularly the endothelium and nitric oxide. It's commonly put up against something like Horse Chestnut, which itself is typically utilized for vein health especially legs.
Anecdotally speaking from my own use, pine bark extract is not anything like horse chestnut as far as leg impact. I can get edema on too much test on pine bark, but horse chestnut wipes it out like nothing else.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Anecdotally speaking from my own use, pine bark extract is not anything like horse chestnut as far as leg impact. I can get edema on too much test on pine bark, but horse chestnut wipes it out like nothing else.
There's one study I'm aware of that had subjects use either HC or PB. Both apparently worked equally well at relieving CVI symptoms in the legs but get this, the PB (pycnogenol in this study) dose was 360mg. I don't know many people that could afford to dose pycnogenol that high.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
There's one study I'm aware of that had subjects use either HC or PB. Both apparently worked equally well at relieving CVI symptoms in the legs but get this, the PB (pycnogenol in this study) dose was 360mg. I don't know many people that could afford to dose pycnogenol that high.
Good find. Yeah pine bark sure, but 360mg of Pycnogenol/day could put my son through college Meanwhile horse chestnut is $10/bottle.

slimsaw00

Awards
  • Established

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for responding @Nac. I am not taking either, but found them interesting as possible add-one, and more from a preventive aspect. I turn 40 next year and heart/vein health is pretty important (I currently have varicose veins in my left leg).

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks for responding @Nac. I am not taking either, but found them interesting as possible add-one, and more from a preventive aspect. I turn 40 next year and heart/vein health is pretty important (I currently have varicose veins in my left leg).
As Hyde pointed out, HC is cheap and it works. Ideally I'd say do both that and Pine bark, as the latter should help endothelial function in general. There's a crap tonne of other supps too, but maybe best bang for your buck would be pomegranate juice/extract.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Good find. Yeah pine bark sure, but 360mg of Pycnogenol/day could put my son through college Meanwhile horse chestnut is $10/bottle.
If you're interested, this article goes a little into both PB/pycnogenol and HC, good list of studies at the end:

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Nah,

I'm glad to hear that you'll be running Anabolic Effect again and that you liked it in the past.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
It shouldn't hurt anything.

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Pine Bark has benefit for skin as well. I don't have the info off the top of my head, and I'm too tired to Google studies but add it too the list of benefits.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Oh yeah! It’s certainly one of the best, if not the best natty anabolic currently available. And I have definitely tried them all, more than once ;)
Well damn that’s the only one I haven’t tried!

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Well damn that’s the only one I haven’t tried!
I'm surprised you haven't ever tried Anabolic Effect yet with as much positive feedback as it gets.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
CoQ10 is good also. Some people make an argument that you need an advanced form of it (Ubiquinol) and that may be true for some people but not for everyone.
I'm not sure if you had the study below in mind when saying this, but I didn't realize there was such a huge disparity amongst individuals with regards to the basic absorption and subsequent bioavailability of coq10:

Interestingly, the paper notes that the two best performers were soft gel products, and perhaps most noteworthy was the fact that one was ubiquinol and the other ubiquinone.

There's another study which also looks at the various data on coq10 biovailability across the different forms, really good stuff:

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Hmm…What about L-ergothioneine?

-The strongest and longest acting antioxidant known. Up to 30 x better than glutathione, with a half life of 30 days as opposed to glutathione’s10 minutes

-Eliminates DNA damaging acids and singlet oxygen up to 75 x better than any known oral antioxidant

-Promotes a healthy anti-inflammatory response

-May helps protect against the effects of extreme viruses

-Protects the mitochondria and boosts cellular energy

-Helps create genomic stability, the #1 predictor of longevity

Last edited:
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

-The strongest and longest acting antioxidant known. Up to 30 x better than glutathione, with a half life of 30 days as opposed to glutathione’s10 minutes

-Eliminates DNA damaging acids and singlet oxygen up to 75 x better than any known oral antioxidant

30 day half-life? Sounds like something you could sell in 2-cap blister packs for a month supply

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
30 day half-life? Sounds like something you could sell in 2-cap blister packs for a month supply
Yeah! I found some products out there already that are on the pricey side, and the directions indicated daily dosing. Not really sure about that aspect. There is lots of general info out there, and there are even more benefits beyond what I mentioned above!

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
From memory (I'd have to relook) but white oyster mushrooms contain about 1-2mg per gram. Again from memory, studied doses in vivo were as little as 5mg per day?

Edit: yeah looks like the human study I was thinking of used a 5mg and 25mg dose.

Last edited:
DieselNY

DieselNY

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

I'd be allover this stuff! Just need a reputable brand. Doesn't seem to be many. Also seems 5 to 10mg a day is the norm.

Maybe injectable

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thank you for the suggestions.

A few notes:

We will be using Apigenin in a couple of things coming up.
We may be using Quercefit in something; haven't 100% decided yet.

We use Curcumin in our Joint Support XT & Liver Assist XT product and will soon be releasing our Elite Curcumin product that has 3 different clinically researched forms of Curcumin all in one product :)

Liver Assist XT is a great formula and includes Silymarin, NAC, Artichoke, and Curcumin.

We will be doing a kidney support product.

We will also be doing a prostate support product.

Inhibit-E has I3C and a lot of other ingredients in it for estrogen control support.

High red blood cells are commonly associated with anabolic use but also with people on HRT, current and former smokers, people with some autoimmune conditions (examples - Lupus and Rheumatoid Arthritis), and can also be associated with certain cancers like liver or kidneys. So the first thing with red blood cell elevation is I would encourage anyone with it to not just take for granted its from their anabolics or HRT and see a doctor about it. I would love to research more and know of any supplemental ways to help people suffering from this, but we definitely can't relate it all back to DHT and Estrogen bc that's not the case for a lot of people. But if you have any suggestions for ingredients to help this in general, I'd love to hear them.

We will also be doing a cholesterol support product and it will contain citrus bergamot plus a lot more.
Regarding the potential causes of elevated H/H I was 18.3 HGB and 52.8 HCT when my total test was 13ng/dl and free test was 0.6ng/dl due to undiagnosed sleep apnea so that's one more non-hormonal cause people should consider as well.

And yes I felt like death at the time. I think I may have mentioned on here before how I fell asleep in the drive through and awoke to the server shouting at me. Fell asleep on the toilet for over three one night, I call it my Elvis moment. Sleeps important kids mmkkkkkkkkkkkkay.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Things I think would be good in anti aging supplements. Can make a bunch of combos for different purposes

Ubiquinol
Tumeric/curcumin
Crocin
Berberine
EGCG
Nicotinamide riboside and mononucleotide
L theanine

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Things I think would be good in anti aging supplements. Can make a bunch of combos for different purposes

Ubiquinol
Tumeric/curcumin
Crocin
Berberine
EGCG
Nicotinamide riboside and mononucleotide
L theanine
I appreciate the suggestions and really like seeing how anti-aging supplements really mean something different to almost everyone.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I appreciate the suggestions and really like seeing how anti-aging supplements really mean something different to almost everyone.
I don't have a lot of faith in the legal things available for what most people would consider anti ageing so I was leaning towards things other then testosterone and gh boosters and going more towards the health things that decline with age.

Like Co Q10 is great, but your body has to convert it to ubiquinol and as you get older it's harder to make the conversion.

Other supplements that ward off mental decline.

Things for heart health and circulation ect.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I guess longevity would be a better term for what I'm saying vs. Anti ageing?

DieselNY

DieselNY

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I think it's more like organ/heart health (like on cycle supps) then anti-aging type things which sometimes include things that focus on telomere lengthening, mitochondrial health. Some rather exotic and pricy ingredients ....but I also feel more common/simple supplements should be included in this category such as curcumin, resveratrol etc.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I think it's more like organ/heart health (like on cycle supps) then anti-aging type things which sometimes include things that focus on telomere lengthening, mitochondrial health. Some rather exotic and pricy ingredients ....but I also feel more common/simple supplements should be included in this category such as curcumin, resveratrol etc.
Anti-Aging and Longevity both mean different things to different people. I think this thread has been a good evidence of that. The idea for this thread for me came from when I had people asking me in our Tell Us What You Want From Us thread to do an anti-aging supplement and I kept explaining that that was just too broad bc it means something different to everyone.

I definitely agree with you that Curcumin and Resveratrol seem to fit into almost every category.

And I'm also very interested in the telomere lengthening and mitochondrial health; I'm surprised that hasn't gotten more talk in this thread. I'm not sure if its because people here on AM aren't interested in it or just aren't that familiar with it.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
It could be. But I think overall people define both of these categories so individualized to themselves. I'm enjoying seeing the different perspectives.

When I think anti-aging or longevity, my mind goes straight to many ingredients that haven't gotten much talk here like NMN, Telos95, Cycloastragenol, Astragaloside IV, etc.

slimsaw00

Awards
  • Established
I’m pretty clueless about telomeres and mitochondrial health. This has been an interesting thread from a learning standpoint.

DieselNY

DieselNY

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Anti-Aging and Longevity both mean different things to different people. I think this thread has been a good evidence of that. The idea for this thread for me came from when I had people asking me in our Tell Us What You Want From Us thread to do an anti-aging supplement and I kept explaining that that was just too broad bc it means something different to everyone.

I definitely agree with you that Curcumin and Resveratrol seem to fit into almost every category.

And I'm also very interested in the telomere lengthening and mitochondrial health; I'm surprised that hasn't gotten more talk in this thread. I'm not sure if its because people here on AM aren't interested in it or just aren't that familiar with it.
Yeah like we had talked about recently, some people don't bother with stuff they "can't feel"...its hard to convince someone something is working (when it is).... thats one of the many reasons people love Beta Alanine (even if it doesn't do what they think) they love "feeling" something is happening from the supplement they just drank.

IMHO for most avid supp buyers/users as well as AAS users, they are usually focus on pre workout/fat burner/maybe a GDA... gain muscle/lose fat seems to be priority #1. Then some will look into joint and liver health.... but I agree they do not take it to the next level because I am unsure if the knowledge is there or if its the "I want to feel it" is the issue. (could be price as well).. either way I think everyone, esp AAS users should be looking into these exotic supps for Anti-Aging purposes.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I’m pretty clueless about telomeres and mitochondrial health. This has been an interesting thread from a learning standpoint.
I'm glad that you're enjoying it. Telomeres and mitochondrial health is some interesting stuff. Like every other supplement category, there are some BS ones out there but there are some good ingredients as well, many of them just happen to be on the expensive side. I'd been considering trying to do some of them and do them at a very low margin to help more people be able to afford to try them.

But like @DieselNY said above, some people only like things that they can feel and that's not what that category is about. It's about overall longevity and hoping that things help down the line.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
It could be. But I think overall people define both of these categories so individualized to themselves. I'm enjoying seeing the different perspectives.

When I think anti-aging or longevity, my mind goes straight to many ingredients that haven't gotten much talk here like NMN, Telos95, Cycloastragenol, Astragaloside IV, etc.
Ya I only know what 1 of those are and not a whole lot about it. Il have to do some reading tonight

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Yeah like we had talked about recently, some people don't bother with stuff they "can't feel"...its hard to convince someone something is working (when it is).... thats one of the many reasons people love Beta Alanine (even if it doesn't do what they think) they love "feeling" something is happening from the supplement they just drank.

IMHO for most avid supp buyers/users as well as AAS users, they are usually focus on pre workout/fat burner/maybe a GDA... gain muscle/lose fat seems to be priority #1. Then some will look into joint and liver health.... but I agree they do not take it to the next level because I am unsure if the knowledge is there or if its the "I want to feel it" is the issue. (could be price as well).. either way I think everyone, esp AAS users should be looking into these exotic supps for Anti-Aging purposes.
I don't understand the fascination with "feeling" the product. It's not crack or heroin. I don't want to feel my gear or supplements lol. If a product is making me feel any way other then say a good positive or higher sense of well being, I'd be worried something is wrong.

And that beta alanine feeling lol. It's a useless tingling. They don't realize that feeling equates to nothing during there workout

DieselNY

DieselNY

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I don't understand the fascination with "feeling" the product. It's not crack or heroin. I don't want to feel my gear or supplements lol. If a product is making me feel any way other then say a good positive or higher sense of well being, I'd be worried something is wrong.

And that beta alanine feeling lol. It's a useless tingling. They don't realize that feeling equates to nothing during there workout
Brocebo is a powerful thing.

slimsaw00

Awards
  • Established
I'm glad that you're enjoying it. Telomeres and mitochondrial health is some interesting stuff. Like every other supplement category, there are some BS ones out there but there are some good ingredients as well, many of them just happen to be on the expensive side. I'd been considering trying to do some of them and do them at a very low margin to help more people be able to afford to try them.

But like @DieselNY said above, some people only like things that they can feel and that's not what that category is about. It's about overall longevity and hoping that things help down the line.
I’m slowly shifting away from things I need to feel. I turn 40 next year and while I know that’s not old, I have two kids (2 years, abs one month old) and I want to be around for a long long time.

Last edited: