Anti-Aging Supplements - Anyone Interested?

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think GLA is a great ingredient but very skeptical that its as good as they present there. The reason I say that is because Evening Primrose Oil has been one of the most popular female supplements for over 20 years now and I don't think we've seen those types of miraculous differences. But I definitely think its beneficial.

I would be curious to see more info about their research though. I haven't had time to really dig into it and see any of the study details.

A funny note on GLA - I've mentioned for over 10 years that I'm a big fan of Borage Oil even back when people used to be so into Flax and Fish Oil and for some reason it was cool to hate on Borage Oil at the time.
I'm doing the hemp seed oil with wheat germ for now.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I think GLA is a great ingredient but very skeptical that its as good as they present there. The reason I say that is because Evening Primrose Oil has been one of the most popular female supplements for over 20 years now and I don't think we've seen those types of miraculous differences. But I definitely think its beneficial.

I would be curious to see more info about their research though. I haven't had time to really dig into it and see any of the study details.

A funny note on GLA - I've mentioned for over 10 years that I'm a big fan of Borage Oil even back when people used to be so into Flax and Fish Oil and for some reason it was cool to hate on Borage Oil at the time.
If it makes any difference I still hate borage oil and I am pretty cool, just ask my Mom.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I haven't had the chance to do as much reading as I would like to on it yet. I did see the 400 mg. in Life Extensions studies and the company that owns the rights to it told me that 400 mg. was the normal dose and that some companies used 200 mg. as well.

I can say for sure that at 600 mg. it wouldn't be cost effective to use in our Cardiovascular Support XT product bc that product is already loaded with ingredients and isn't going to be cheap as is; 400 mg. is pushing it but 600 mg. would just make it too expensive. Plus, I'm trying to keep it at 4 caps per day so already had to cut back on the Odorless Garlic dose to make it fit. I think with the general health crowd, once you exceed 4 caps per day you really start to limit how many people will take the product.
Curious on the Cardiovascular product (or BP products), have your looked at/considered arugula extract?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I'm doing the hemp seed oil with wheat germ for now.
I have an eyelid condition that Borage Oil is used for so I do use Borage Oil as my source.

I can't do Wheat Germ because I'm allergic to gluten unfortunately. I have the non-celiac autoimmune allergy.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
If it makes any difference I still hate borage oil and I am pretty cool, just ask my Mom.
You are pretty cool so I guess we'll forgive you, just this once :ROFLMAO:

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Curious on the Cardiovascular product (or BP products), have your looked at/considered arugula extract?
I looked at it but it won't be in either of them. I think the ingredients we've chosen perform better than it does (imo) and some people have digestive disturbances with Arugula.

Now, Arjuna on the other hand, I think has a lot of potential :)

I

ironkill

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
do we agree that sulflorphane is mostly pointless?
I can't say I would agree at all that it's useless. Lots of good studies out there. I've been sprouting my own broccoli sprouts for a while now. Very cheap and easy source

I

ironkill

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm not familiar with this at all so I'd have to look into this one. I know copper toxicity is a big concern with anything copper related so have to be super careful with anything that has copper in it above a low dose.
I'm a fan of ghk copper peptides for skin care

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I can't say I would agree at all that it's useless. Lots of good studies out there. I've been sprouting my own broccoli sprouts for a while now. Very cheap and easy source
what I've heard is that you can get the same effect by just stressing yourself. like a sauna, lifting, cold showers etc. idk if that's true or not though. broccoli sprouts do taste good though. I was mostly talking about it it would be worth supplementing in a pill or something. I have some broccoli extract but it tastes absolutely terrible

I

ironkill

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
what I've heard is that you can get the same effect by just stressing yourself. like a sauna, lifting, cold showers etc. idk if that's true or not though. broccoli sprouts do taste good though. I was mostly talking about it it would be worth supplementing in a pill or something. I have some broccoli extract but it tastes absolutely terrible
Yes hormectic stress is great. Personally I like the sprouts but I can def see how some would not. I agree with you, it's probably better in sprout form.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I looked at it but it won't be in either of them. I think the ingredients we've chosen perform better than it does (imo) and some people have digestive disturbances with Arugula.

Now, Arjuna on the other hand, I think has a lot of potential :)
What quarter(s) & year are you shooting at releasing the cardiovascular & cholesterol support products?

Lipid from Revive is one of the most expensive daily supps I use, and 7 caps does honestly seem like one too many, but it is still cost effective with coupons vs just buying solo Pantethine and Citrus Bergamot.

I would rather give you my money than them.

DieselNY

DieselNY

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What quarter(s) & year are you shooting at releasing the cardiovascular & cholesterol support products?

Lipid from Revive is one of the most expensive daily supps I use, and 7 caps does honestly seem like one too many, but it is still cost effective with coupons vs just buying solo Pantethine and Citrus Bergamot.

After discount it's $44 ...yeah not horribly bad if you really think about it. Just the citrus bergamot alone is worth the majorityof that price.

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
How about a really bioabsorbable hyaluronic acid? It's good for skin rejuvenation.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
After discount it's $44 ...yeah not horribly bad if you really think about it. Just the citrus bergamot alone is worth the majorityof that price.
I'm not putting them down, but if you really look at it, its not as good as you may think at first glance because the Citrus Bergamot is not Bergamonte, the researched form and they say its an extract but not extracted for what. Then the active Resveratrol dose is only 40 mg and the Bilberry extract doesn't state a standardization. Same for the Artichoke Extract in that it doesn't list what its standardized for.

DieselNY

DieselNY

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm not putting them down, but if you really look at it, its not as good as you may think at first glance because the Citrus Bergamot is not Bergamonte, the researched form and they say its an extract but not extracted for what. .
Good catch!

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I have an idea, how about a combo of NAD+ and Phosphatdytial choline or Alpha GPC. It will be like a poor man's NAD IV therapy.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

We are hoping for a Q4 of this year release for both products, no later than Q1 of next year.
And I really appreciate that, thank you.

I had did a little breakdown of theirs in the post above, and I really am not putting them down in any way; I think its a good option compared to what's available now but my goal is very much exceed anything that is available now.

The Blood Pressure Support XT formula is finalized and will be first.

The Cardiovascular Support XT formula was finalized but I'm glad to make a slight change and add 400 mg. Pomella to it. Basically to make it fit in 4 caps, I'll have to cut the Garlic dose back some from 1,000 mg. to 750 mg. and then have to cut around 150 mg. from somewhere else. Pm coming your way.

For the Cholesterol Support formula, I have a tentative formula done but I'm still definitely open to suggestions on that. I'm really torn on using Beta Sitosterol in it because it adds 3 caps per day all on its own and if it were to move forward in its current formula (it likely won't because of # of caps) it would be 8 caps per day.
Here are a few of the ingredients I'm considering:
- Bergamonte
- Pantethine (It's price impossible to use branded Pantesin Pantethine with Bergamonte and have a product be reasonably priced bc both are so expensive)
- Odorless Garlic
- Trans Resveratrol
- Bilberry Extract - I need to find more info on how how the studies on Bilberries correlates dosage wise to supplements
- Beta Sitosterol
- Guggul Extract

I'd love to hear anyone's feedback on this one.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Good catch!
Thanks. Real Bergamonte doesn't need to be dosed to 1500 mg. and is extremely expensive. A company could do 1500 mg. of Citrus Bergamot Extract for less than 1/3 of the price of actual Bergamonte but run the risk of it not doing the same thing as actual Bergamonte.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I have an idea, how about a combo of NAD+ and Phosphatdytial choline or Alpha GPC. It will be like a poor man's NAD IV therapy.
There's only a few companies that are allowed to license and use NAD+ I believe.

migsacura

migsacura

Awards
Moringa Oleifera is an interesting herb. I've read that it exhibits cellular transcriptional changes similar to sulforaphane. Many claim it provides health promoting effects and medicinal properties

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I have heard both good and bad things about Guggul, I was a fan, but backed off a bit - although that may have been bro-science.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I have heard both good and bad things about Guggul, I was a fan, but backed off a bit - although that may have been bro-science.
Studies looked good from what I remember and real world feedback was good. I know it helped a family member of mine get theirs down a lot. But same as you - I hear good and bad and have to be careful about including something that would hurt product sales from broscience and gossip even if its helpful.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
BTW - I found a "new" bottle of Vitacost Benfotiamine I had in "inventory" and started taking it.

I am immediately taller and more musclebound.

OK, that last part was bull-crap, but I did dig out a "NOS" Vitacost Benfotiamine.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I would be willing to give up beta sitosterol to drop 3 caps a day, no question. It’s not why I even buy Lipid personally.

That product btw isn’t a miracle. It’s just cheaper than what I was paying for NOW pantethine and Amazon citrus bergamot combined so I went with it for now.

Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
We are hoping for a Q4 of this year release for both products, no later than Q1 of next year.
And I really appreciate that, thank you.

I had did a little breakdown of theirs in the post above, and I really am not putting them down in any way; I think its a good option compared to what's available now but my goal is very much exceed anything that is available now.

The Blood Pressure Support XT formula is finalized and will be first.

The Cardiovascular Support XT formula was finalized but I'm glad to make a slight change and add 400 mg. Pomella to it. Basically to make it fit in 4 caps, I'll have to cut the Garlic dose back some from 1,000 mg. to 750 mg. and then have to cut around 150 mg. from somewhere else. Pm coming your way.

For the Cholesterol Support formula, I have a tentative formula done but I'm still definitely open to suggestions on that. I'm really torn on using Beta Sitosterol in it because it adds 3 caps per day all on its own and if it were to move forward in its current formula (it likely won't because of # of caps) it would be 8 caps per day.
Here are a few of the ingredients I'm considering:
- Bergamonte
- Pantethine (It's price impossible to use branded Pantesin Pantethine with Bergamonte and have a product be reasonably priced bc both are so expensive)
- Odorless Garlic
- Trans Resveratrol
- Bilberry Extract - I need to find more info on how how the studies on Bilberries correlates dosage wise to supplements
- Beta Sitosterol
- Guggul Extract

I'd love to hear anyone's feedback on this one.
One vote to add Pomella to the cardiovascular support and lower the other mentioned components.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I need this stuff ^
I would definitely love to see how the Cholesterol Support XT product would work on your levels when we get it released.

Reactions: ZOO
E

Em3

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I haven’t got to read all the posts yet but saw resveratrol brought up and just also ran by a study someone copy pasted in a different place.

'Resveratrol reduces the levels of circulating androgen precursors but has no effect on, testosterone, dihydrotestosterone, PSA levels or prostate volume. A 4-month randomised trial in middle-aged men'. This study concluded: '...administration for 4 months significantly lowered serum levels of the androgen precursors androstenedione, DHEA and DHEAS, whereas prostate size and circulating levels of PSA, testosterone, free testosterone, and dihydrotestosterone were unaffected.'

Does anyone have any more info on this and it’s effects on androgen receptors? Just one study but not sure if there is more data.

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I would definitely love to see how the Cholesterol Support XT product would work on your levels when we get it released.
We shall find out. I’ll be buying up a bunch of bottles as soon as it drops. You can count on that! :)

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I haven’t got to read all the posts yet but saw resveratrol brought up and just also ran by a study someone copy pasted in a different place.

'Resveratrol reduces the levels of circulating androgen precursors but has no effect on, testosterone, dihydrotestosterone, PSA levels or prostate volume. A 4-month randomised trial in middle-aged men'. This study concluded: '...administration for 4 months significantly lowered serum levels of the androgen precursors androstenedione, DHEA and DHEAS, whereas prostate size and circulating levels of PSA, testosterone, free testosterone, and dihydrotestosterone were unaffected.'

Does anyone have any more info on this and it’s effects on androgen receptors? Just one study but not sure if there is more data.
I hadn't read that study so that's one I'd have to look into myself.

E

Em3

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I hadn't read that study so that's one I'd have to look into myself.
I wish I knew what actual study it was. It was from someone's comment on a tnation article promoting/selling resveratrol.

Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I wish I knew what actual study it was. It was from someone's comment on a tnation article promoting/selling resveratrol.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I think its a great ingredient overall.

One thing people do need to be careful with is I notice a lot of brands will say something like 500 mg. on their label but then if you look at their supplement facts, its really 500 mg. of 50% so its only giving you 250 mg. active.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Is anyone familiar with or done any research on Telos95? If so, I'd love to hear thoughts.

S

slimsaw00

Awards
  • Established
Okay wow what a great thread! The SNS threads are all I’ve been reading. Resveratrol is something I’m interested in (solo or mixed).

Also checking nearly daily for OptimizeT updates 😁.

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Is anyone familiar with or done any research on Telos95? If so, I'd love to hear thoughts.
I read about this online. Apparently taking one 95mg Telos95 capsule for 6 months increases the length of the telomeres by 80% and reduced cellular age by 7.42 years.
source: https://trytelos95.com/

So I guess if I take this then by the time I'm 80 years old, I'll look 73?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I read about this online. Apparently taking one 95mg Telos95 capsule for 6 months increases the length of the telomeres by 80% and reduced cellular age by 7.42 years.

Be careful; I heard it gives you Benjamin Button Syndrome…

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Telos95? Telos some more!!! Haha sorry I couldn’t help myself XD

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

I don't think thats what it means haha.

Telos95 is a very popular ingredient with the anti-aging and longevity crowd and that's why I mentioned it in the thread.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Okay wow what a great thread! The SNS threads are all I’ve been reading. Resveratrol is something I’m interested in (solo or mixed).

Also checking nearly daily for OptimizeT updates 😁.
Thank you. I really appreciate the kind words.

I'm looking at doing either a high dose Resveratrol or using it combination with something else.

Optimize-T should hopefully be out within the next couple of weeks. It's in the current next block of production runs.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Here are a few of the ingredients that I was hoping people were going to mention and discuss more in the thread.

Telos95
Cycloastragenol
Astragaloside IV
Fisetin

I've enjoyed the thread and its great to see different people's perspectives on anti-aging supplements. The above 4 are some of the most popular ones in the anti-aging/longevity market so I was curious if anyone was familiar with them or interested in them. There are a couple of other ones that are very popular that have been discussed a bit - NMN, PQQ, Spermidine, etc.

Amir

Amir

Awards
What about Gotu Kola? Aka Centella asiatica? Speaking of anti-aging I stumbled across this study about potent telomerase activators and Telomere length, basically in conclusion the study compared a lot of different compounds such as TA65(Astragalus membranaceus extract), oleanolic acid (OA), maslinic acid (MA), and 3 multi‑nutrient formulas (Nutrients 1, 2 and 3) at various concentrations.

They found that Gotu Kola came out ahead increasing telomerase activity by 8.8 folds way more than any of the others, which is cool because the this compound does not seem like its expensive at all....

I know a lot of people have been gulping down copious of Astragalus non-stop like Spermidine on the set of 70's classic Deep Throat, however Gotu kola seems like a less expensive and more potent compound.

Kony(2012)

Amir

Amir

Awards
Fisetin together with Apigenin and Quercetin(in phospholipid form or Quercefit/EMIQ)
berberine + hydroxypropyl beta cyclodextrin
Ubiquinol & curcumin - heart
Silymarin-liver
Astragalus-kidney
Prostate- Pomi T, Zyflamend, Lycopene, Pumpkin Seed Oil, Pygeum, Stinging Nettle, DIM
DIM/I3C- to lower DHT somewhat...a lot of fake natty's have raised hematocrit/hemoglobin...this whole red blood cell shebang of a party is bought on by high DHT and Estrogen so keeping these down can help if any of the homo's become a concern & helps to keeps them in check along with the delights of cardio(whilst wearing short shorts-A must!)
Citrus Bergamot-raises HDL, lowers LDL, lowers triglycerides & lowers blood sugars(IIRC? I think so but, I'm no guru A-meme)
A Shoey-ready to drink from a can- Fair go, mate!!

Last edited:
sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
What about Gotu Kola? Aka Centella asiatica? Speaking of anti-aging I stumbled across this study about potent telomerase activators and Telomere length, basically in conclusion the study compared a lot of different compounds such as TA65(Astragalus membranaceus extract), oleanolic acid (OA), maslinic acid (MA), and 3 multi‑nutrient formulas (Nutrients 1, 2 and 3) at various concentrations.

They found that Gotu Kola came out ahead increasing telomerase activity by 8.8 folds way more than any of the others, which is cool because the this compound does not seem like its expensive at all....

I know a lot of people have been gulping down copious of Astragalus non-stop like Spermidine on the set of 70's classic Deep Throat, however Gotu kola seems like a less expensive and more potent compound.

Kony(2012)
I read some on TA65 but also looked into other things from Astragalus such as Cycloastragenol and Astragaloside IV.

Do you happen to know dose of Gotu Kola or the standardization? It normally requires a lot of capsule space and a high dose so its not the friendliest ingredient to include in formulations.

Spermidine is a neat ingredient but it takes a lot of Wheat Germ to yield an effective dose. Even when its standardized specifically for Spermidine it requires a high dose.

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I read some on TA65 but also looked into other things from Astragalus such as Cycloastragenol and Astragaloside IV.

Do you happen to know dose of Gotu Kola or the standardization? It normally requires a lot of capsule space and a high dose so its not the friendliest ingredient to include in formulations.

Spermidine is a neat ingredient but it takes a lot of Wheat Germ to yield an effective dose. Even when its standardized specifically for Spermidine it requires a high dose.
How much wheat germ per day do you need to take?

And would a double dose of leucine work, like 20g of leucine before your workout?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Fisetin together with Apigenin and Quercetin(in phospholipid form or Quercefit/EMIQ)
berberine + hydroxypropyl beta cyclodextrin
Ubiquinol & curcumin - heart
Silymarin-liver
Astragalus-kidney
Prostate- Pomi T, Zyflamend, Lycopene, Pumpkin Seed Oil, Pygeum, Stinging Nettle, DIM
DIM/I3C- to lower DHT somewhat...a lot of fake natty's have raised hematocrit/hemoglobin...this whole red blood cell shebang of a party is bought on by high DHT and Estrogen so keeping these down can help if any of the homo's become a concern & helps to keeps them in check along with the delights of cardio(whilst wearing short shorts-A must!)
Citrus Bergamot-raises HDL, lowers LDL, lowers triglycerides & lowers blood sugars(IIRC? I think so but, I'm no guru A-meme)
A Shoey-ready to drink from a can- Fair go, mate!!
Thank you for the suggestions.

A few notes:

We will be using Apigenin in a couple of things coming up.
We may be using Quercefit in something; haven't 100% decided yet.

We use Curcumin in our Joint Support XT & Liver Assist XT product and will soon be releasing our Elite Curcumin product that has 3 different clinically researched forms of Curcumin all in one product :)

Liver Assist XT is a great formula and includes Silymarin, NAC, Artichoke, and Curcumin.

We will be doing a kidney support product.

We will also be doing a prostate support product.

Inhibit-E has I3C and a lot of other ingredients in it for estrogen control support.

High red blood cells are commonly associated with anabolic use but also with people on HRT, current and former smokers, people with some autoimmune conditions (examples - Lupus and Rheumatoid Arthritis), and can also be associated with certain cancers like liver or kidneys. So the first thing with red blood cell elevation is I would encourage anyone with it to not just take for granted its from their anabolics or HRT and see a doctor about it. I would love to research more and know of any supplemental ways to help people suffering from this, but we definitely can't relate it all back to DHT and Estrogen bc that's not the case for a lot of people. But if you have any suggestions for ingredients to help this in general, I'd love to hear them.

We will also be doing a cholesterol support product and it will contain citrus bergamot plus a lot more.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
How much wheat germ per day do you need to take?

And would a double dose of leucine work, like 20g of leucine before your workout?
There are many different Wheat Germ supplements available and most don't guarantee any specific concentration of Spermidine because that hasn't traditionally been one of the things its commonly used for. But it would definitely be a very low % because most of the Spermidine supplements derived from Wheat Germ and concentrated/extracted for it only contain 1% Spermidine - so that fact that 1% is considered a highly concentrated extract says a lot. From what I've seen these are typically dosed at 300 mg. Wheat Germ Extracted for 1% Spermidine so 300 mg. capsule gives 3 mg. active Spermidine.

There's also a synthetic purer form of Spermidine available as well. The raws are extremely expensive but definitely a better option for people with gluten allergies and sensitivities.

When you ask if a double dose of Leucine would work, I'm not sure if you were asking a separate question - like it if would be great for an anti-aging benefit or if you were asking about it comparing to Spermidine. If asking about it comparing to Spermidine, I don't think they are comparable. But if asking if I think its a good anti-aging ingredient, I definitely think so because it can help build and maintain lean muscle tissue and can also be helpful for immune support.

We make a 500 gram Leucine powder and I dose it very high myself pre-workout.