Anti-Aging Supplements - Anyone Interested?

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Any particular standardizations that you're interested in?
C3G for the blueberry, but pomegranate? That's difficult, because it has so many varied components that do completely different things, so probably something like Pomella, that retains the natural full-spectrum ratio of polyphenols.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I never could decide if I liked NMN or NMR better. maybe you could stack them? for resveratrol I like TD resveros as it seems to cross the blood brain barrier. otherwise I'd like a mega dose 1.5g oral resveratrol with something to improve bio availability

I think possibly stacking stress reduction with anti aging would synergize too. my 2 cents

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
For what it’s worth, I added Life Extension’s Pomegranate Complete to my daily supplement intake a few months ago. Like many others, I consume a decent amount of vitamins and minerals in an effort to remain as healthy as I can, but have always been in the “pre-hypertension” category when checking my BP. It seems that this supplement was the one that finally put me in normal range and I’ve remained there since starting. My average morning BP is now 110/62. Pomegranate has several other health benefits as well.

As was mentioned several times, the definition of anti-aging varies from person to person, but keeping BP in normal ranges will certainly help extend your life. It may not fit into everyone’s definition of anti-aging. Something like this would be a great addition to your lineup if it’s not already in something.

Screenshot of LE’s standardizations.
Definitely agree that blood pressure support is very important.

We should have our Blood Pressure Support XT product coming out very soon. It doesn't have the ingredient of the LE product that you're referencing, but I think you may be very pleased with it. It has multiple clinically researched branded ingredients all together in one product.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I never could decide if I liked NMN or NMR better. maybe you could stack them? for resveratrol I like TD resveros as it seems to cross the blood brain barrier. otherwise I'd like a mega dose 1.5g oral resveratrol with something to improve bio availability

I think possibly stacking stress reduction with anti aging would synergize too. my 2 cents
I personally think the oral bioavailility of Resveratrol is better than some people say. Too many studies support it and too much good feedback on it. It also may simply vary person to person. But I do think it should be dosed high for the best results - for example 600 mg. per day plus. I've never seen it dosed as high as you mentioned at 1.5 grams but don't think it would hurt. I was considering starting trying a gram per day myself.

I agree that stress reduction and anti-aging go together big time. This year has SUCKED for me and I can't imagine how much worse I would have felt about it if it wasn't for Stress & Anxiety Support and KannaEase. They both help me a lot. And may could provide for a base idea to use in an anti-aging stress type product if decide to integrate more than one anti-aging idea into a product.

As for NMN or NMR, if I'm not mistaken they won't license NMR to hardly anyone to allow them to use it. But NMN can be done; we've been considering doing one as a single ingredient or a formula, possibly with Resveratrol.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Fermented Wheat Germ Extract?
Anti cancer?

Not sure it’s something you would want to daily?

Correct me if I’m wrong…
I'm extremely allergic to gluten so that one definitely wouldn't be for me.

As for anti-cancer ingredients, I haven't looked into Wheat Germ hardly at all but IP6 has great potential.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Ubiquinol and PQQ
We are definitely looking at using PQQ in a couple things. I think its a great ingredient.

Were you suggesting the two together as a product or just both as good candidates for use?

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Subbed.. I turn 50 in 6 months and noticed yesterday that my skin elasticity isn't what it used to be.
You should feel lucky that is the only thing that isn’t what it used to be..
For example, HGH is often described as being for anti-aging when in actuality it promotes aging. It has "youthful" benefits but will technically shorten lifespan.
Wish I could source and afford HGH! I’m totally cool with checking out in no more than 10 years, but I want to look youthful up to that point..

Reactions: ZOO
GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I'm in and would love to see pterostilbene. Maybe a blend with resveratrol

Seconded. I'd definitely like to see resveratrol by a company I trust.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Thank you. That's a good idea. Like an anti-aging muscle builder/muscle retention product with possible some skin health possabilities to it?

I think that could be a good unique idea.
I still want to see KME solo as well.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
For what it’s worth, I added Life Extension’s Pomegranate Complete to my daily supplement intake a few months ago. Like many others, I consume a decent amount of vitamins and minerals in an effort to remain as healthy as I can, but have always been in the “pre-hypertension” category when checking my BP. It seems that this supplement was the one that finally put me in normal range and I’ve remained there since starting. My average morning BP is now 110/62. Pomegranate has several other health benefits as well.

As was mentioned several times, the definition of anti-aging varies from person to person, but keeping BP in normal ranges will certainly help extend your life. It may not fit into everyone’s definition of anti-aging. Something like this would be a great addition to your lineup if it’s not already in something.

View attachment 207183
Thanks for that. Ordering it right now.
Do you just take 1 per day?

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That's a good dose of NMN but expensive as crap haha.

Definitely agree on the HGH comments. It may help with quality of life but not extending life. Which goes to further show though how the definition of anti-aging varies by person.

Have you looked into telomere research much?
Not a lot. I have a bit of Epitalon in the fridge but am a little tired of doing injections as it is haha. I’m also somewhat concerned with the relation between telomere extension, cell division, and cancer proliferation.

ironkill

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
We are definitely looking at using PQQ in a couple things. I think its a great ingredient.

Were you suggesting the two together as a product or just both as good candidates for use?
I'm extremely allergic to gluten so that one definitely wouldn't be for me.

As for anti-cancer ingredients, I haven't looked into Wheat Germ hardly at all but IP6 has great potential.
Wheat germ is high in spermidine that has many health benefits

TommyTuffGuy

TommyTuffGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Uh yes, it's all I take.

So yes yes yes.

Mack19

Awards

A two in one pill if possible from what I’ve read they compliment each other pretty well

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

View attachment 207183
FWIW - these are on sale right now at LE for $5.85/30 capsules. I just bough 10 based on your recommendation. My apologies for putting this into this thread - it just seems to be a time sensitive offer that some might benefit from. No disrespect intended.

Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
FWIW - these are on sale right now at LE for $5.85/30 capsules. I just bough 10 based on your recommendation. My apologies for putting this into this thread - it just seems to be a time sensitive offer that some might benefit from. No disrespect intended.
I apologize too, Steve. You guys are pushing out so many new things I forgot about the cardio support supp you’re working on. Although I do still think pomegranate has a place in anti-aging conversations. @Beau I took a look at their website and saw Pomegranate Fruit Extract for that price, but not the Complete version. However, they both have 400mg of Pomella, which is the combination of extracts that prompted me to mention it in the first place. I think this is what’s helped with my BP. Also some clarification, I take a few other natural supplements to help with BP, it just really dropped to normal levels after adding this. It was the last piece of my puzzle, but like anything else, may not be the last piece of yours. I just don’t want you to curse my name if it doesn’t help you lol.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Wheat germ is high in spermidine that has many health benefits
I'm familiar with Spermidine. I didn't even think about the connection when I read the post about Wheat Germ Extract; probably because there are so many different types and most don't have a specific concentration listed of it and because in the general health space, its always been popular for a variety of things.

Most of the Spermidine supplements derived from Wheat Germ are from a specific 1% extract - so the fact that 1% is considered highly concentrated says a lot haha. From what I've seen these are typically dosed at 300 mg. Wheat Germ Extracted for 1% Spermidine so 300 mg. capsule gives 3 mg. active Spermidine.

There's also a synthetic purer form of Spermidine available as well. The raws are extremely expensive but definitely a better option for people with gluten allergies and sensitivities.

It was actually one of the ingredients that i was hoping would get brought up in this thread, along with several more.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Not a lot. I have a bit of Epitalon in the fridge but am a little tired of doing injections as it is haha. I’m also somewhat concerned with the relation between telomere extension, cell division, and cancer proliferation.
I'd love to hear your take on that and concerns if you ever have time to elaborate on them.

Reactions: ZOO
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I apologize too, Steve. You guys are pushing out so many new things I forgot about the cardio support supp you’re working on. Although I do still think pomegranate has a place in anti-aging conversations. @Beau I took a look at their website and saw Pomegranate Fruit Extract for that price, but not the Complete version. However, they both have 400mg of Pomella, which is the combination of extracts that prompted me to mention it in the first place. I think this is what’s helped with my BP. Also some clarification, I take a few other natural supplements to help with BP, it just really dropped to normal levels after adding this. It was the last piece of my puzzle, but like anything else, may not be the last piece of yours. I just don’t want you to curse my name if it doesn’t help you lol.
I almost brought up Pomegranate extract for arterial health. I have been using LE’s extract daily for about a year since I read the study from Israel (older, like 2008 or 2013 as I recall) that proved using pom extract reduced arterial plaque by 30%. THIRTY PERCENT.

That’s a huge chunk of the pipe and a big boost in time until clogging/stroke.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I almost brought up Pomegranate extract for arterial health. I have been using LE’s extract daily for about a year since I read the study from Israel (older, like 2008 or 2013 as I recall) that proved using pom extract reduced arterial plaque by 30%. THIRTY PERCENT.

We have a cardiovascular support product in the lineup but its not too late to make changes. If Pomella is something that people would like to see in it, we could add it.

We also have a Cholesterol support formula in the lineup and would be open to adding it to that as well if people wanted.

ironkill

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm familiar with Spermidine. I didn't even think about the connection when I read the post about Wheat Germ Extract; probably because there are so many different types and most don't have a specific concentration listed of it and because in the general health space, its always been popular for a variety of things.

Most of the Spermidine supplements derived from Wheat Germ are from a specific 1% extract - so the fact that 1% is considered highly concentrated says a lot haha. From what I've seen these are typically dosed at 300 mg. Wheat Germ Extracted for 1% Spermidine so 300 mg. capsule gives 3 mg. active Spermidine.

There's also a synthetic purer form of Spermidine available as well. The raws are extremely expensive but definitely a better option for people with gluten allergies and sensitivities.

It was actually one of the ingredients that i was hoping would get brought up in this thread, along with several more.
Very expensive in pill form. One kilogram contains 243 mg. of spermidine with the typical dose being 1mg. I've been using bobs red mill for the time being. Supposedly acts similar to rapamycin or metformin

Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established

I don’t recall running into that particular study, although I’ve read other pretty compelling studies that led me to believe it was worth adding as a staple. Several months in and I have no intentions of removing it from my lineup based on my personal experience.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm currently using NMN at 1g daily plus Resveratrol. Toniiq brand for both. Anti-aging is a category I am very interested in to help offset the age accelerating effects of PEDs and a hypertrophic/bodybuilding lifestyle. The term is often misused, though. For example, HGH is often described as being for anti-aging when in actuality it promotes aging. It has "youthful" benefits but will technically shorten lifespan.
Very ambiguous term "anti-aging."

I look at it two ways:
1. Counter the physical effects of actual aging: loss of muscle/function, lower energy, lower libido, lower mental acuity. Countering these may or may not actually increase life-span but basically numbs you to the discernable effects of ageing increasing quality of life.

2. Counter/prevent the cellular/genomic processes that shorten one's time on earth. Often these are unfelt processes and reducing/changing them will not necessarily result in feeling anything different.

Category two would be true anti-ageing but very hard to sell the average person on as even with documented results people need to feel a difference in order to convince them to take something for life.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
We have a cardiovascular support product in the lineup but its not too late to make changes. If Pomella is something that people would like to see in it, we could add it.

We also have a Cholesterol support formula in the lineup and would be open to adding it to that as well if people wanted.
It would probably be appropriate in either. May want to look at cost & size to add and see where it would fit in better both physically and pricing-margin wise? They’re both products that are likely longterm use-oriented I’m assuming.

DieselNY

DieselNY

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Did someone say Autophagy? That's right up my alley

Induction of autophagy by spermidine promotes longevity

This sounds delicious too:

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

wheat germ and GLA for renewing red blood cells.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Very expensive in pill form. One kilogram contains 243 mg. of spermidine with the typical dose being 1mg. I've been using bobs red mill for the time being. Supposedly acts similar to rapamycin or metformin
From what I've read and been told by suppliers, most basic Wheat Germ suppliers can give you an average content but that it isn't tested specially for it so the % may vary from one batch to the next.

The most common commercially available Wheat Germ Extract specifically extracted for spermidine raw materials contain 1% Spermidine per kg.
1000 mg. = 1 gram
1000 grams = 1 kg.
1,000,000 mg. = 1 kg.
1,000,000 x .01 = 10,000 mg.

The most commonly dosed ones I've seen are 300 mg. Wheat Germ Extract per capsule x .01 = 3 mg. Spermidine

^^^ Due to the high cost, I already see some brands being very deceptive on their products and putting Spermidine on the front of the bottle but then on the supplement facts, they list Wheat Germ Extract and don't specify a concentration of Spermidine so it could literally be .000001%. So for anyone buying, don't get scammed - always remember it doesn't matter what they claim is in there, if it doesn't say it on the supplement facts, its a good chance it isn't in there. Because if it was, they'd be proud to claim it and want to claim it on there.

It's also available as a synthetic which may be better because its much more concentrated and would be suitable for people that have wheat/gluten allergies, sensitivities, and intolerances.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

I'd love to hear your thoughts and contributions.

Autophagy and telomeres were two of the topics I was really hoping would come up for discussion in this thread :)

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
It would probably be appropriate in either. May want to look at cost & size to add and see where it would fit in better both physically and pricing-margin wise? They’re both products that are likely longterm use-oriented I’m assuming.
Yes, both would be long term use oriented.

Blood Pressure Support XT is designed primarily for blood pressure support but will be good for overall cardiovascular health.

Cholesterol Support XT is designed primarily for cholesterol support but will be good for overall cardiovascular health.

Cardiovascular Support XT is designed for overall cardiovascular health, so in a sense its the overall approach and then either or both of the others could be added to it if desired.

Pomella would fit in either; it's not an expensive ingredient to do a single ingredient version of but its pretty pricey for a formula if you go with 400 mg. I see it used in some formulas at 200 mg. and some at 400 mg.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

I can't find that particular study right off. I was curious if you happened to know if Pomella meets the criteria for that or if would be better to offer a different extract?

Btw... I'm listening guys - already haven spoken with the branded ingredient company that owns the rights to Pomella and have pricing on it just since reading the desire for it in this thread :)

Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
It could really fit in any of those, but perhaps it would be best in the cardiovascular support supplement. That’s awesome you contacted them already by the way!

This might be the study Hyde was referring to, although this is just the abstract.

You may have already viewed these as well, but this is a list of studies specifically using Pomella. There’s an obvious bias and this is from Verdure’s marketing page, but here it is anyway:

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I can't find that particular study right off. I was curious if you happened to know if Pomella meets the criteria for that or if would be better to offer a different extract?

Btw... I'm listening guys - already haven spoken with the branded ingredient company that owns the rights to Pomella and have pricing on it just since reading the desire for it in this thread :)
It allegedly works synergistically with PDE5 inhibitors, as well.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Maybe we'd be able to see a urolithin b ? I've never actually seen it in a product other than olympus labs

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yes, both would be long term use oriented.

Blood Pressure Support XT is designed primarily for blood pressure support but will be good for overall cardiovascular health.

Cholesterol Support XT is designed primarily for cholesterol support but will be good for overall cardiovascular health.

Cardiovascular Support XT is designed for overall cardiovascular health, so in a sense its the overall approach and then either or both of the others could be added to it if desired.

Pomella would fit in either; it's not an expensive ingredient to do a single ingredient version of but its pretty pricey for a formula if you go with 400 mg. I see it used in some formulas at 200 mg. and some at 400 mg.
With the Pomella, (most of?) the studies appear to dose 300mg 2x per day, so 600mg total. Yet yeah, all the Life Extension products seem to have it either as 200mg or 400mg daily doses. Is this what you've been reading too? 600mg as the studied dose?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It could really fit in any of those, but perhaps it would be best in the cardiovascular support supplement. That’s awesome you contacted them already by the way!

This might be the study Hyde was referring to, although this is just the abstract.

You may have already viewed these as well, but this is a list of studies specifically using Pomella. There’s an obvious bias and this is from Verdure’s marketing page, but here it is anyway:

That’s it, I couldn’t find it again. The gist I took from it is it’s obviously good for you if you consume it regularly and atherosclerosis is a real concern for you.

I did see that searching for the previous study, but it was just a rat study showing ellagic acid from pomegranate reduces pain responses when applied locally in conjunction with local sildenafil.

But they both lower blood pressure and therefore improve cardiovascular health so on a practical level what you’re saying sounds extremely believable. At least they wouldn’t hurt being used in conjunction!

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Copper peptides. Not sure if only effective through IM or cream?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

Thank you. And yeah, I took a quick glance at the ones on their page and that they sent me but I always like to try to read everything I can that would support something outside of the company literature too.

I was leaning toward including it in the overall cardiovascular health supplement.

Thank you for the info and suggestions.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I've seen research saying that it can, but I think in the real world its honestly to a mild degree, if any. But hey, if using it for something else and it helps in that department at all, that's just an extra plus :)

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Maybe we'd be able to see a urolithin b ? I've never actually seen it in a product other than olympus labs
I don't really think of that as anti-aging but we could certainly do one if enough people were interested.

I was able to source it a long time ago but the interest had seemed to die off on it pretty quickly.

If enough people are interested, I'm cool with it.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
With the Pomella, (most of?) the studies appear to dose 300mg 2x per day, so 600mg total. Yet yeah, all the Life Extension products seem to have it either as 200mg or 400mg daily doses. Is this what you've been reading too? 600mg as the studied dose?
I haven't had the chance to do as much reading as I would like to on it yet. I did see the 400 mg. in Life Extensions studies and the company that owns the rights to it told me that 400 mg. was the normal dose and that some companies used 200 mg. as well.

I can say for sure that at 600 mg. it wouldn't be cost effective to use in our Cardiovascular Support XT product bc that product is already loaded with ingredients and isn't going to be cheap as is; 400 mg. is pushing it but 600 mg. would just make it too expensive. Plus, I'm trying to keep it at 4 caps per day so already had to cut back on the Odorless Garlic dose to make it fit. I think with the general health crowd, once you exceed 4 caps per day you really start to limit how many people will take the product.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Copper peptides. Not sure if only effective through IM or cream?
I'm not familiar with this at all so I'd have to look into this one. I know copper toxicity is a big concern with anything copper related so have to be super careful with anything that has copper in it above a low dose.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
do we agree that sulflorphane is mostly pointless?

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'd love to hear your thoughts and contributions.

Autophagy and telomeres were two of the topics I was really hoping would come up for discussion in this thread :)
Add GLA to wheat germ for the killa combo to live forever.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Add GLA to wheat germ for the killa combo to live forever.

I think GLA is a great ingredient but very skeptical that its as good as they present there. The reason I say that is because Evening Primrose Oil has been one of the most popular female supplements for over 20 years now and I don't think we've seen those types of miraculous differences. But I definitely think its beneficial.

I would be curious to see more info about their research though. I haven't had time to really dig into it and see any of the study details.

A funny note on GLA - I've mentioned for over 10 years that I'm a big fan of Borage Oil even back when people used to be so into Flax and Fish Oil and for some reason it was cool to hate on Borage Oil at the time.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
do we agree that sulflorphane is mostly pointless?
I don't think its useless; I just think its overhyped and nothing can live up to the things that have been said about it. So it kind of goes back to realistic expectations. But I also think that people touting it as some type of anti-aging miracle are full of it.