Anti-Aging Supplements - Anyone Interested?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Only sharing as I have found this interesting and keep stumbling upon articles about glucosamine and longevity. Seemed pertinent to the convo:

Thank you for posting. I've said for years that Glucosamine is good for so many more things that people realize.

Our Joint Support XT product as Glucosamine, NEM Natural Eggshell Membrane, Super Boswellin, C3 Curcumin, and Bioperine - and if you really look at the ingredients, its great for so much more than just joint support.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thank you for posting. I've said for years that Glucosamine is good for so many more things that people realize.

Our Joint Support XT product as Glucosamine, NEM Natural Eggshell Membrane, Super Boswellin, C3 Curcumin, and Bioperine - and if you really look at the ingredients, its great for so much more than just joint support.
Almost on my last bottle time to re-up! 3 bottles deep and very, very satisfied with Joint Support XT.

JohnnieFreeze

JohnnieFreeze

Awards
  • Established
I'd be interested in a high end Maslinic Acid supplement

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I'd be interested in a high end Maslinic Acid supplement
I've read on that but I don't recall seeing any supplements that have it in there at a reasonable dose.

What do you have in mind?

JohnnieFreeze

JohnnieFreeze

Awards
  • Established
I've read on that but I don't recall seeing any supplements that have it in there at a reasonable dose.

What do you have in mind?
Not sure if you're allowed to post links to supp companies here but I came across something called " Happy Healing Maslinic Acid/Olive Extract with MA-T Ultra". They say each serving contains 600mg of Maslinic Acid which is a "therapeutic dose". I don't know whether this is a sufficient dose or not but apparently its available in larger amounts then what's found in olive oil and these guys are charging a hefty enough price for theirs.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Not sure if you're allowed to post links to supp companies here but I came across something called " Happy Healing Maslinic Acid/Olive Extract with MA-T Ultra". They say each serving contains 600mg of Maslinic Acid which is a "therapeutic dose". I don't know whether this is a sufficient dose or not but apparently its available in larger amounts then what's found in olive oil and these guys are charging a hefty enough price for theirs.
You did right by not posting a link. I looked it up.

I'll say that they have some very 'creative' labeling in the way that they do their supplement facts.

I'll look into actual costs and how much it would actually cost to make one. I've read a little on the ingredient but never tried to source it.

JohnnieFreeze

JohnnieFreeze

Awards
  • Established

I'll say that they have some very 'creative' labeling in the way that they do their supplement facts.

I'll look into actual costs and how much it would actually cost to make one. I've read a little on the ingredient but never tried to source it.
Sounds good. I’d love to try from a reputable company.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!

I've read a lot about this stuff in the past, I've seen reports from antioxidants, antibacterial, good for the skin, good for the stomach lining.
To extremes like it causes muscle hyperplasia, increases in protein turnover and allows for more muscle glycogen storage.

It just all sounded too good to be true and I never came across supplement companies using it so I eventually gave up on it cuz I assumed if it really did work like the studies or reading material I came across people would be all over it. A lot of the studies were done on a fish I believe and not humans or even rodents for that matter. I don't know it's been a while, but if you've got some good reading material on it or you think you come across something noteworthy I'd love to read it. On paper the stuff sounds extremely interesting

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I've read a lot about this stuff in the past, I've seen reports from antioxidants, antibacterial, good for the skin, good for the stomach lining.
To extremes like it causes muscle hyperplasia, increases in protein turnover and allows for more muscle glycogen storage.

It just all sounded too good to be true and I never came across supplement companies using it so I eventually gave up on it cuz I assumed if it really did work like the studies or reading material I came across people would be all over it. A lot of the studies were done on a fish I believe and not humans or even rodents for that matter. I don't know it's been a while, but if you've got some good reading material on it or you think you come across something noteworthy I'd love to read it. On paper the stuff sounds extremely interesting
I've read some on it but its been awhile. I'm going to put it on my list of stuff to research when I have the time; and if I find anything that looks cool, I'll pm you or post it up.

I'll go ahead and check on sourcing it and see if its something that is commercially available.

Sometimes with things like this, the issue winds up being that they aren't commercially available and even if it has potential, no one wants to go first if there is a super high MOQ for it to be made. I've seen that happen a lot of times, including with a few things I'd love to try myself.

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
White Jelly Mushroom for Skin health.

JohnnieFreeze

JohnnieFreeze

Awards
  • Established
I've read some on it but its been awhile. I'm going to put it on my list of stuff to research when I have the time; and if I find anything that looks cool, I'll pm you or post it up.

I'll go ahead and check on sourcing it and see if its something that is commercially available.

Sometimes with things like this, the issue winds up being that they aren't commercially available and even if it has potential, no one wants to go first if there is a super high MOQ for it to be made. I've seen that happen a lot of times, including with a few things I'd love to try myself.
A study here sounds promising.
Maslinic acid derived from olive fruit in combination with resistance training improves muscle mass and mobility functions in the elderly - PubMed (nih.gov)

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I recently started reading this book and it has a lot of information in it on Anti Aging supplements in it. I would love to see a cocktail of many of these supplements.

HGH.jpg

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It gives you a lot of help in raising your own production of HGH, does it help ?? I am going to give it a try soon.

JohnnieFreeze

JohnnieFreeze

Awards
  • Established
A quality Schisandra extract would be good. Most products available are just ground up berries. A concentrated extract is definitely needed.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
don't a lot of people still do resveratrol with NMR or NMN to improve longevity? Dr David Sinclair is really crazy about that stack last I heard

resveros by Apex alchemy seems to have extra effects compared to oral resveratrol. I'm gonna start doing resveros + NMN. (I have both laying around)

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
don't a lot of people still do resveratrol with NMR or NMN to improve longevity? Dr David Sinclair is really crazy about that stack last I heard
I tried it and felt nothing. I have a hard time investing in products that don't have a noticeable effect on the first bottle, even if it's possible it has a strong long term benefit.

So many products. So little money! :)

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I tried it and felt nothing. I have a hard time investing in products that don't have a noticeable effect on the first bottle, even if it's possible it has a strong long term benefit.

ya I don't think you are supposed to feel it though? I know some claim to feel extra endurance and whatever but David Sinclair never made those claims

JohnnieFreeze

JohnnieFreeze

Awards
  • Established
ya I don't think you are supposed to feel it though? I know some claim to feel extra endurance and whatever but David Sinclair never made those claims
That's the thing about "health/longevity" supplements...no muscle pumps. A year later you'll just notice that you feel pretty good.... haven't been sick in a while, have more energy, etc. Then one day when you're 100 years old and still feeling great, you'll realize you must've done something right. ;-)

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
In the meantime, you're just HOPING the product does what they say it does. :)

JohnnieFreeze

JohnnieFreeze

Awards
  • Established
In the meantime, you're just HOPING the product does what they say it does. :)
LOL...good point..I guess one will have to be in tune with their body...if you feel like shiit months later, time to reevaluate. :p

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

resveros by Apex alchemy seems to have extra effects compared to oral resveratrol. I'm gonna start doing resveros + NMN. (I have both laying around)
Resveratrol and NMN together is very popular in the longevity community.

For longevity purposes, the research is not on TD Resveratrol from what I've seen. If a person just likes TD's, that's fine. And TD Resveratrol is useful and used in some products I like (like Ab-Solved) but would not necessarily be better for the longevity purposes of it.

I'm using your post to make a general point; my reply isn't specifically to you haha. You just brought up a good point that affects peoples thought process so I wanted to expand on it.

The SNS Health Series is a passion of mine and we will be building it out a lot this year if things go well. The purpose of the Health Series is to make issue specific formulas to really help people and try to improve quality of life.

But there is a common trend that flows thru general health products and longevity products. For example, a person doesn't feel their cholesterol getting bad. So they may not take a cholesterol support product until the issue is already bad - and then they're doing damage control and expecting miracles from a supplement when it would have been better to be using it all along. The same trend goes with longevity products - some things can be obvious - joint support products for example. They aren't technically longevity but definitely have their place and role in longevity products. But something like NMN or even something like CoQ10, people don't necessarily feel them but that doesn't mean the results aren't there. But there are often times unrealistic expectations - for example, I'm 43 years old. I'm not going to take NMN or anything else and feel like a new person in a matter of months. But it can be frustrating to put money into something for a long period and not feel anything.

Most people don't feel anything. Some say they get a feel better energy but that's at higher doses.

Also, there is a lot of garbage quality NMN on the market. You'll go on Amazon and see brands that are offering deals too good to be true and then are gone a couple weeks later. Or I see brands on there right now that for me, knowing what they cost to make, I know for sure there can't be in the bottle what it says bc it would be impossible.

And sadly, the fact that you can't immediately feel or see results with this type of product does lead to companies being able to dishonestly put out garbage quality products bc they know the people won't feel them anyway and may be in a situation where the price point is discouraging so they jump on the cheapest ones.

That's the thing about "health/longevity" supplements...no muscle pumps. A year later you'll just notice that you feel pretty good.... haven't been sick in a while, have more energy, etc. Then one day when you're 100 years old and still feeling great, you'll realize you must've done something right. ;-)
You're right and that's the idea. What they can do for you long term.

We're considering doing a longevity type series under SNS offering some of the popular anti-aging ingredients as single ingredient products and maybe a couple formulations. Going the absolute top quality route but offering the most cost effective prices possible.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
They seem intentionally vague about what they offer.
Their website is great though but that may just mean good marketing.

I'm really surprised that in researching things like this I haven't come across that. Do you have any info on them or experience with them or were you just looking for opinions?

scam senses tingling
I don't think alvin1 is posting anything that he feels to be a scam. I've always seen him be a reputable and good quality poster. He may just be posting that link looking for opinions would be my best guess.

I can't speak on whether the company is or isn't themselves. They have a great website but I'll say in almost a year of researching longevity products extensively I'd never come across them or heard of them.

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
And sadly, the fact that you can't immediately feel or see results with this type of product does lead to companies being able to dishonestly put out garbage quality products bc they know the people won't feel them anyway and may be in a situation where the price point is discouraging so they jump on the cheapest ones.
Yep. That's the frustrating part. If I could have reasonable confidence what I was taking actually did have significant long term benefits, I'd be much more likely to take them (budget allowing). But there's so much crap on the market it's hard to know who/what to trust. And taking crap for 10 years only to realize it's crap isn't much of a solution.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yep. That's the frustrating part. If I could have reasonable confidence what I was taking actually did have significant long term benefits, I'd be much more likely to take them (budget allowing). But there's so much crap on the market it's hard to know who/what to trust. And taking crap for 10 years only to realize it's crap isn't much of a solution.
well the nmn and NMR with resveratol theory is heavily based on mice studies. there's lots of them. I think I can feel Apex alchemy resveros with a calming effect, but idk if I feel anything from nmn or NMR.

the main problem is the price. Dr Sinclair says he does a gram of nmn every day. most nmn supplements are expensive and dosed at between 200-300mg. so you have to triple or quad dose. tbh kinda bothersome because NMR was not this expensive, and nmn has phased it out.

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
They seem intentionally vague about what they offer.
Their website is great though but that may just mean good marketing.

I'm really surprised that in researching things like this I haven't come across that. Do you have any info on them or experience with them or were you just looking for opinions?

I don't think alvin1 is posting anything that he feels to be a scam. I've always seen him be a reputable and good quality poster. He may just be posting that link looking for opinions would be my best guess.

I can't speak on whether the company is or isn't themselves. They have a great website but I'll say in almost a year of researching longevity products extensively I'd never come across them or heard of them.
I just post that here to get the opinion on this ingredient, by more intelligent people than me, I have no clue about this ingredient or this company.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Agreed. That's where we get into the what I call - problem with no good solution part of things.

That's also why for our Health Series products, we rely on clinically researched key ingredients so that for things like the upcoming Cholesterol Support XT for example, that someone using it for health purposes preemptively would have some degree of certainty that it was working.

It's the same situation with eye health products. Not many people at all take them until they have issues. Then when they start, they expect a miracle and a lot of times, its damage done. They need to be started to help keep the issues from happening to begin with; they may can slow down the process but they normally aren't going to be a miracle cure to turn it around.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I just post that here to get the opinion on this ingredient, by more intelligent people than me, I have no clue about this ingredient or this company.
That's what I thought. That's why I pointed out that you were definitely a reputable poster and that even if the company was a scam, you weren't posting it yourself bc of that. You were likely looking for knowledge on it.

I'm going to look into this more. My first thought on them is they do a lot on their website to sell you on the company itself but overall provide very little information on the ingredient(s).

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I see glaxon has a new product with this. I’m skeptical
huh. ok well time to look into it. found this study that indicates it might do something

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

Another peptistrong product.
Thanks. I think that site actually has more info about the ingredient than the ingredient site does.

I'm open to any suggestions for anti-aging longevity stuff.

I'll throw out an idea I'd like to get opinions on:

- Would people like to see us do an anti-aging/longevity series?

- If so, would you rather it be a series under SNS labeling or treated almost like a separate brand?

JohnnieFreeze

JohnnieFreeze

Awards
  • Established
huh. ok well time to look into it. found this study that indicates it might do something
This field actually makes a lot of sense and should've been delved into a long time ago.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Thanks. I think that site actually has more info about the ingredient than the ingredient site does.

I'm open to any suggestions for anti-aging longevity stuff.

I'll throw out an idea I'd like to get opinions on:

- Would people like to see us do an anti-aging/longevity series?

- If so, would you rather it be a series under SNS labeling or treated almost like a separate brand?
might as well put it with SNS. your new circumin supplement will be good for a longevity stack I would think

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
might as well put it with SNS. your new circumin supplement will be good for a longevity stack I would think
It would be under SNS regardless. I just meant as a Series under the full SNS lineup or treated as a separate brand as in dedicated website, etc. But thank you.

And yes, I think the upcoming Elite Curcumin product could definitely fall under being considered longevity and anti-aging.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I think there is so much crossover, put them all together. I have been purchasing a few anti-aging products lately your GABA is one of them.