sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I wanted to start a thread dedicated to anti-aging and longevity ingredient discussion.

I've talked to several people about doing a thread like this and it seems to be one that a lot are interested in and encouraged me to do, so hopefully everyone will enjoy and we can all discuss some cool ideas and ingredients.

I have been interested in anti-aging and longevity supplements for a long time and have compiled a lot of research over the years, and it’s been cool to see some of the ingredients that I’ve read about over the years start to catch on and become more popular now.

We’ve been asked about doing some anti-aging/longevity type supplements in our yearly ‘Tell Us What You Want from Us’ threads, and the subject and ingredients get mentioned some in some other threads, so I wanted to start a thread dedicated to the subject and these types of ingredients.

A couple of general thoughts/questions to hopefully get the conversation started:
  • What type of supplements or ingredients do you think about when you think of anti-aging and longevity supplements?
  • What do the terms anti-aging and longevity mean to you?
  • Are there any cool ingredients that you would like to mention or see discussed in this thread?
From a Company Perspective:
I love helping people and to me, supplements are an extension of that and the goal with SNS is to provide top quality products at cost effective prices that people can afford in order to help them reach their health and fitness goals and to improve their overall quality of life.

I'm very interested in and passionate about the anti-aging & longevity side of things and have some ideas for some things that I would really like to do with SNS in the anti-aging and longevity category later this year, and I would love to ask some questions from anyone that would like to help:
  1. Are there any single ingredient product options or simple combination products that you would like to see from us in this category?
  2. What type of supplements (or ingredients) would you like to see from us in the anti-aging & longevity supplement space?
  3. Would you rather see us do a series or set of products - such as a Telomere formula, a Mitochondria formula, & a Senescence Formula as separate stackable products OR would you rather see us done one incredibly comprehensive formula that covers a lot of it all in one formula, even in the price would wind up being pretty high (but extremely cost effective compared to other current products on the market in terms of getting the most for your money)? Or possibly both options and do one very comprehensive formula but then do smaller less expensive separate formulas under the Health Series.
I look forward to hearing everyone's thoughts and opinions on what they would like to see from us in this category.

I would love for this thread to serve as a great discussion thread for the anti-aging and longevity ingredients for anyone that would like to participate.

Please feel free to ask questions, make suggestions, post about ingredients, etc.

Last edited:
sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Something I wanted to address at the very beginning of this thread is something that negatively impacts many categories of supplements, and is very prevalent right now in the anti-aging/longevity category.

Right now, a big problem that plagues the anti-aging/longevity side of the supplement industry are that there are a lot of 3 types of products:
  • Ridiculously marked up products that promise everything under the sun but don't contain the ingredients or proper dosages of the ingredients to back up these claims, and that are really just marketing companies selling supplements; as in companies that come in with large advertising budgets and sell products at crazy markups to take advantage of the popularity of this category right now. (Some of the products may even be decent products, but the prices are insanely inflated because they almost have to mark them up insanely high to sustain the level of money they are putting into the marketing).
  • Fly by night scam type companies that are trying to make a quick buck and aren’t even trying to meet label claims for their products.
    • A great example of this is the NMN category where you’ll see some companies you’ve never heard of pop up and claim to sell NMN for less expensive prices than legit products would even cost to make with legit raw materials.
  • Companies that are trying to make a quick buck by capitalizing on the growing popularity of these types of products and are using shady and deceptive labeling practices such as proprietary blends and other types of label trickery:
    • For example, Astragaloside IV is a very expensive raw material and many companies will tout the benefits of Astragaloside IV in their marketing but then put Astragalus in the product itself and say that it contains Astragaloside IV – which it technically may, but not at a level that would produce any results, and therefore trick customers into think thinking that they’re actually getting Astragaloside IV when they’re really just paying a huge premium for basic Astragalus; that type of thing.
So, for those of you who are looking to buy products in these categories, a few helpful tips:
  • Be careful and don’t fall for the marketing hype of insanely expensive products, especially if only a couple of ingredients &/or non-transparent dosages.
  • Be careful of abnormally low priced products and remember that if a price is too goo to be true, it probably is.
  • Buy products from reputable brands.
I hope that this thread will create some great ingredient discussion and also help people learn some things that will help keep them from getting ripped off when looking at these types of products.

Last edited:
sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
One last thing that I wanted to address from the SNS perspective at the beginning of the thread :

For many people, as we age, we pay more attention to our overall health and wish that we had done so when we were younger; and many of us view supplements as anti-aging & longevity supplements that others may view as condition specific products.

Here on Anabolic Minds, SNS is mostly associated with sports nutrition, fitness, and weight loss supplements, we also offer some great condition & issue specific supplements under our Health Series and that is a category that I am very dedicated to expanding our product offerings in.

I wanted to address this because in a lot of threads where I’ve mentioned anti-aging & longevity supplements, it gets brought up that we already offer a lot of products that fall into this category, but quite frequently here, some people don’t even know about them.

The goal of the SNS Health Series is to offer top quality products at cost effective prices that people can afford, and for each respective condition/issue specific supplement to be the best in its category.

Also, sometimes products may fall into more than one category and even if we don't identify them specifically as a Health Series product, they may fall into the category of being.

SNS Health Series – Current Products Include:
  • Blood Pressure Support XT
  • Elite Curcumin
  • Focus XT
  • GlucoVantage XT (blood sugar support)
  • Immune Support XT
  • Inhibit-P
  • Inhibit-E
  • Joint Support XT
  • Liver Assist XT
  • Optimize-T
  • Stress & Anxiety Support
SNS Health Series – Future Products will Include:
  • Cardiovascular Support XT
  • Cholesterol Support XT
  • Digestive Health Formula (name undecided)
  • Kidney Assist XT
  • Libido Boost XT
  • Prostate Support XT
  • Sleep Shot XT (sleep & relaxation drink mix)
  • Sleep Support XT (melatonin free)
We also offer a lot of single ingredient options that are listed as part of our Health Series; just a few examples of these are:
  • Amentoflavone XT
  • Anacyclus XT
  • Fadogia XT (to be released soon)
  • Cistanche XT (to be released soon)
  • Furosap XT
  • KSM-66
  • L-Ornithine L-Aspartate (great and very underrated liver support ingredient)
  • MitoBurn XT
  • Pine Pollen caps
  • Sabroxy T
  • Spilanthes XT
  • Tongkat Ali XT
  • Urolithin-B XT
We have so many things that are planned or hopeful, that I may have forgotten to list some of the ones that we hope to be able to offer; and I’m always open to ideas and suggestions.

Last edited:
sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Here is a list of some that come to my mind right off hand.

I decided to alphabetize these for ease of reading, so they're not in my particular order of interest necessarily.
  • AC-11
  • Apigenin
  • Astragaloside IV
  • Benfotiamine
  • Berberine – especially GlucoVantage® Dihydroberberine
  • Curcumin - especially the advanced types such as:
    • C3 Curcumin Complex®
    • CurcuPrime® Tetrahydrocurcumin
    • Theracurmin®
    • ^^^ (which is why we use all 3 in our Elite Curcumin product)
  • Cycloastragenol
  • Ergothioneine
  • Fisetin
  • Grape Seed Extract
  • Hobamine™ (2-HOBA)
  • Hyaluronic Acid
  • Luteolin
  • Piperlongumine
  • PQQ
  • Pterostilbene
  • Quercetin – particularly the more advanced types such as:
    • EMIQ®
    • Quercefit™
  • Resveratrol/ Trans-Resveratrol
  • Senactiv®
  • Spermidine
  • Super Boswellin/Boswellin Super (from Sabinsa)
  • Telos95

Last edited:
bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
L-carnosine

Seems to have good data on anti aging?

Berberine.
Alpha Lipoic Acid.
Niacin.

I personally use these 3 above. I use Metformin also which we know isn't in a supplement category.

I really like the anti aging supplement idea. Hitting 37 this year and have started using some anti aging components.

Be great if use put out a solid product. Especially with the quality you guys also strive for. Be happy to buy it

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Also meant to add.

Would really like the All in one formula. A powerful product you can just dose daily and not worry about timings etc.

Do you guys have access to loads of unique ingredients?

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Would Quercetin fall into this category? I've read good things about it related to mitochondrial health.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
L-carnosine

Berberine.
Alpha Lipoic Acid.
Niacin.

I personally use these 3 above. I use Metformin also which we know isn't in a supplement category.

I really like the anti aging supplement idea. Hitting 37 this year and have started using some anti aging components.

Be great if use put out a solid product. Especially with the quality you guys also strive for. Be happy to buy it
Have you had any good luck with carnosine?

I actually got shipped injectable carnosine instead of carnatine before and I tried experimenting with it and a oral version and I didn't notice anything. I'm not sure tho if it's something that needs to be taken for extended periods to build up or maybe because I was always dosing it pre workout it was getting used up right away or something? Completely guessing

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Telos95
2-Hoba
L-Ergothioneine
Spermidine
Sulforaphane
Taxifolin
Apigenin
Fistein
Qucerfit
Senactiv
Factor21
NAD3

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Subbed

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Found ya!
If yiu don't mind, I would like to put your link into one of my threads. I know a few ppl that will be interested and be good contributors
No problem at all - you're welcome to. The more input here the better. Thank you.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
When I posted this thread last night, I had meant to add a list of a lot of ones that come to mind for me and then didn’t get the chance to. I updated my series of original posts to include them but wanted to post them here too for anyone that is already participating that may not see that updated post.

I decided to alphabetize these for ease of reading, so they're not in my particular order of interest necessarily.
  • AC-11
  • Apigenin
  • Astragaloside IV
  • Benfotiamine
  • Berberine – especially GlucoVantage® Dihydroberberine
  • Curcumin - especially the advanced types such as:
    • C3 Curcumin Complex®
    • CurcuPrime® Tetrahydrocurcumin
    • Theracurmin®
    • ^^^ (which is why we use all 3 in our Elite Curcumin product)
  • Cycloastragenol
  • Ergothioneine
  • Fisetin
  • Grape Seed Extract
  • Hobamine™ (2-HOBA)
  • Hyaluronic Acid
  • Luteolin
  • Piperlongumine
  • PQQ
  • Pterostilbene
  • Quercetin – particularly the more advanced types such as:
    • EMIQ®
    • Quercefit™
  • Resveratrol/ Trans-Resveratrol
  • Senactiv®
  • Spermidine
  • Super Boswellin/Boswellin Super (from Sabinsa)
  • Telos95

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Would Quercetin fall into this category? I've read good things about it related to mitochondrial health.
I think that Quercetin falls into this category.

If we were going to use it in a combination formula, I would likely go with one of the advanced forms such as Emiq or Quercefit because they are much more potent at lower dosing so it would be easier to include a good dose in a multi-ingredient capsule formula.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
L-carnosine

Berberine.
Alpha Lipoic Acid.
Niacin.

Thank you for the input. I really appreciate that.

I think that our GlucoVantage XT product fits into this category nicely and is a great option for people that like Berberine.

Here is a link to the write up for anyone interesting in reading more about GlucoVantage Dihydroberberine, also commonly known as Super Berberine, which is more potent than regular Berberine and also easier on the stomach.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Also meant to add.

Would really like the All in one formula. A powerful product you can just dose daily and not worry about timings etc.

Do you guys have access to loads of unique ingredients?
Thank you. I like the idea of an all-in-one myself too.

And yes, I've done raw material sourcing in the industry for almost 20 years so I have a lot of great relationships with a lot of different raw material suppliers and branded ingredient companies.

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Posting to say an all in one product would be great.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I would buy an an all in one product. A long term staple that could sit beside the regular monthly purchases like multi, fish oil etc.
Thank you. I really appreciate the feedback.

We're working on a multi-vitamin that will be a great premium option for those wanting great dosages and the most effective forms of various vitamins and minerals.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Rosmarinic Acid has a lot of potential. Needs more human studies. The human studies I can think of are based on Neumentix, which is a licensed ingredient I like.

Anti-inflammatory: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7059186/, https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/25287116/

Osteoarthritis: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4259186/

Blood Glucose: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4940010/

Allergies: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/14988517/

Brain Health (Neumentix studies): https://www.kemin.com/na/en-us/markets/human-nutrition/products/neumentix

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I take, daily:

750mg 50% EGCG
1800mg EPA/DHA
1gr niacinamide
400-500mg curcumin
Life Extension 2 a day (1-2 caps)\]
5gr creatine mono

And whatever else on top for performance, right now I just switched from Optimize T to Anabolic XT. So I'd be down for an anti-aging supplement, but not something with the 'basics' like I already take.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I take, daily:

750mg 50% EGCG
1800mg EPA/DHA
1gr niacinamide
400-500mg curcumin
Life Extension 2 a day (1-2 caps)\]
5gr creatine mono

And whatever else on top for performance, right now I just switched from Optimize T to Anabolic XT. So I'd be down for an anti-aging supplement, but not something with the 'basics' like I already take.
I don't think anything that I would have in mind for a formulation product would overlap or interfere with your list.

We already have Elite Curcumin which is a great product.

We do have plans of doing a multi that I think you'll really like, but that's a few months out.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Fo Ti extract. I just ordered some to help prevent grey hairs. Not sure if that’s possible, but I am giving it a try.
I'm interested in how this works for you. For years I've read about, but never used, Fo Ti.

bkprice

bkprice

Awards
  • Established
I take these daily

Apigenin 500mg
Fisetin 100 mg
Hesperidin 500 mg
Vit D 5000
Ca AKG 500 mg
MSM 1500 mg
Triple Magnesium
Spermidine 5 mg
Vitamin B-3 100 mg

Not the full list of what I take but I think these are my top anti-aging supplements.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I take these daily

Apigenin 500mg
Fisetin 100 mg
Hesperidin 500 mg
Vit D 5000
Ca AKG 500 mg
MSM 1500 mg
Triple Magnesium
Spermidine 5 mg
Vitamin B-3 100 mg

Not the full list of what I take but I think these are my top anti-aging supplements.
Thank you for posting your list in the thread.

Curiosity question - how do you space out your Apigenin dose?

Our CEL Api-Plex is very popular and its 200 mg. per capsule and we have a lot of people that use 2 to 3 caps (400 to 600 mg.) per day.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I think Theaflavin (black tea polyphenol) deserves a consideration. Potential for anti cancer effects, skin protective effects, liver supportive effects, neuroprotective, anti-inflammatory, gut health, cardioprotective, kidney protective, etc.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
What about ox bile? I don't know if it fits into anti aging but years ago it was part of my recommended on cycle support suggestions for guys on orals. I don't remember who it was that suggested it to me but I only used it a few times and then didn't really hear about it anymore. Then recently I was looking over someone's supp stack and they have it in there so I did a little Google and the benefits seem versatile.

Just seems like a supp to keep you healthy in general and I'm considering adding it back in to my daily box of pills

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What about ox bile?
I remember Glaxon has that in a supplement. Looked it up and they actually put it in a few - non-stim nootropic, liver support, recovery support, stress & cortisol support, beauty care. Quite the miracle supplement!

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
What about ox bile? I don't know if it fits into anti aging but years ago it was part of my recommended on cycle support suggestions for guys on orals. I don't remember who it was that suggested it to me but I only used it a few times and then didn't really hear about it anymore. Then recently I was looking over someone's supp stack and they have it in there so I did a little Google and the benefits seem versatile.

Just seems like a supp to keep you healthy in general and I'm considering adding it back in to my daily box of pills
It's mainly good for people that have a hard time producing enough bile on their own.

It's most commonly used in digestive enzyme supplements. I think that it is okay to take for people that need it, but would likely be better to be used solo or in a digestive enzyme product than in a formulation imo.

Darkhorse192

Darkhorse192

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Citrus Bergamot - 1000mg daily
Krill Oil - 3,000mg daily
Ubiquinol - 200mg daily
Reseveratol - 1000mg daily

I have heard a lot of folks discuss the effectiveness of NAD+ supplementation but that it needs to be injected to even preferable administered intravenously for it is most effective, and it actually makes you feel like ****...hoooray

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Looks like this is already a productive thread….very interested in what you come up with https @sns8778.
We had discussed before about autoimmune diseases, and I had shared that my wife has MS. I would be very interested to see if any of these could help. I know over the last 25 years more and more people suffer from autoimmune disorders, especially women. I have found that almost anything that helps with anti-aging and or inflammation helps, so this is some good information to research.

bkprice

bkprice

Awards
  • Established
I take once in the morning. I thought about splitting the dose but with my old job, I never knew what time I would get home. Some reason why I take these; each supplement has several benefits but I listed the main reason I take them.

I take Apigenin for the CD38 inhibition that increases NAD+.
I take Fisetin as it acts as a senolytic.
I take Spermidine because it induces autophagy.
I take Ca-AKG because it works by slowing the rate of age-related DNA methylation and reducing the inflammation caused by senescent cells.
I take B3 because they convert more efficiently to NAD+
I take MSM because it can increase levels of glutathione and it also reduces the production of cytokines

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Looks like this is already a productive thread….very interested in what you come up with sns8778.
We had discussed before about autoimmune diseases, and I had shared that my wife has MS. I would be very interested to see if any of these could help. I know over the last 25 years more and more people suffer from autoimmune disorders, especially women. I have found that almost anything that helps with anti-aging and or inflammation helps, so this is some good information to research.
Thank you. I'm glad to see it getting some good ideas and participation.

Before I posted the thread, I had a tentative formula put together for a very comprehensive product and also smaller formulas if we were to decide to break it down into multiple formulas.

I definitely agree with what you said about things that help with inflammation helping with autoimmune diseases and issues.

I had been using our Elite Curcumin since it came out and took a break just to see if I could tell a big difference and really really regretted taking even a small break from it. We use 3 different types of branded curcumins in it + nigella sativa and its great for inflammation.

The digestive health formula that we plan to launch in the next couple months will target gut inflammation and I'm very excited about it as it will target a lot of underlying causes of inflammation and digestive issues. I think it will be great for almost anyone, but will be a very good options for people with autoimmune issues.