Anthony's garage gym training log

Anthony_

Anthony_

Awards
  • Established
What's up Anabolic Minds fam! I'm new to the board but have been on another forum since 2007 that's similar so I'm pretty familiar when it comes to a forum like this.

I run a workout log on the other forum I'm a part of so I figured I'd do the same on here.

When it comes to my training I train out of my garage and have a set up that provides me with what I need for my training. Those that know when you have a home gym you're never done adding to it haha. I plan to add to it as time goes on and when finances allow. I'll definitely keep the log updated when I do add more to my gym.

When it comes to my training I started running 5/3/1 as it's a program I've always enjoyed and has both the strength and hypertrophy aspect to it.

I have been in a caloric deficit for a couple weeks now and started at around 210lbs. I'm currently weighing in at 202lbs for the past three days now. I have a goal to get to 190lbs and around 15% body fat give or take. Once there I'll eat at maintenance then decided what the next nutrition goal is.

I don't want to make the intro to long so I'll post my first week of training for my first cycle. I hope you all are killing your training and nutrition goals and look forward to communicating with you all in this log and on this forum going forward.

May 14, 2022
Bodyweight 203

531 BBB C1, W1, D1

Bench Press
120x5
140x5
160x5
95x10
95x10
95x10
95x10
95x10

Band Face pull *superset between bench
0x10 Black heavy band
0x10 Black heavy band
0x10 Black heavy band
0x10 Black heavy band
0x10 Black heavy band

Dips

Pull Up

Fat Gripz barbell curl
50x12
50x12
50x12

Last edited:
Anthony_

Anthony_

Awards
  • Established
May 15, 2022
Bodyweight 204.3

531 BBB C1, W1, D2

Squat
130x5
150x5
170x5
100x10
100x10
100x10
100x10
100x10

Trap bar SLDL
155x10
155x10
155x10

Hanging leg raises
0x10
0x10
0x10

Anthony_

Anthony_

Awards
  • Established
May 17, 2022
Bodyweight 202

531 BBB C1, W1, D3

Barbell OHP
75x5
90x5
100x5
60x10
60x10
60x10
60x10
60x10

Chin up (bodyweight)
*super set with first three sets of OHP

Chest supported trap bar row
155x10
175x9 +1 rep
175x9 +1 rep

Dumbbell skull crusher
30x12
30x12
30x12

Dumbbell lateral raise
30x8 +5lbs
30x8
30x8

Incline dumbbell curl
20x12
20x10
20x10

Solid training session this morning. I'll be working out in a little earlier for two days during the weekday due to a new job and training. I haven't woken up at 5am to train in a while but it still went good.

Anthony_

Anthony_

Awards
  • Established
May 18, 2022
Bodyweight 202 (two days now at this weight which is good)

531 BBB C1, W1, D4

Deadlift
170x5
200x5
230x5
135x10
135x10
135x10
135x10
135x10

Ab wheel

I forgot how deadlift day on BBB is such a conditioning type of training session lol. After I was done with my 5x10 sets I just felt like enough work was done that there really wasn't a need for additional supplement work aside from just hitting the ab wheel.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey Anthony, welcome!

Home gyms rules are they you post you photos of the gym!

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I'm sorry man are you asking for pics of it I assume? It was a little hard to read your sentence there.
Ya he wants to see the home gym, I'd like to also if you don't mind, mine is a moldy dungeon of a gym but it's got everything I need. Power rack, 500 lbs in plates, some home made cable stuff and a bunch of random dumbbells. It can get the job done but, It's so dark and damp that I rarely use it tho.

Anthony_

Anthony_

Awards
  • Established
Ya he wants to see the home gym, I'd like to also if you don't mind, mine is a moldy dungeon of a gym but it's got everything I need. Power rack, 500 lbs in plates, some home made cable stuff and a bunch of random dumbbells. It can get the job done but, It's so dark and damp that I rarely use it tho.
That definitely sounds like a place I wouldn't want to train so I don't blame you for not training there lol.

I'll post some pics here shortly.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm sorry man are you asking for pics of it I assume? It was a little hard to read your sentence there.
Y’a man, sorry, I didn’t proof.

Anthony_

Anthony_

Awards
  • Established
Not pictured is my Titan Fitness SSB V2 bar. I'm trying to pick up some adjustable dumbbells to get some heavier weight for things like dumbbell benching, incline dumbbell bench, rows, etc. For that I'm looking at something like Pepin dumbbells and or Baadass dumbbells. I also plan to pick up an EliteFTS American Cambered bar for press work along with other things it can provide in terms of versatility. I also want to pick up the lat pulldown/low row attachment for my power rack which will really fill in the want for a lat pull down and low row system while also saving space. I have a Spud Inc. high and low cable pulley which does it's job well for now.

My Kabuki open trap bar

Rep Fitness 5-50lb dumbbells

Last edited:
Anthony_

Anthony_

Awards
  • Established
Let's get you some traffic
@Hyde
@SkRaw85
@BBiceps
@PoSiTiVeFLoW
@gphagan1
@Ricky10
@match

You guys all like getting involved in threads, let's help the new guy get his post count up
I appreciate it man. This forum brings back those vibes and feelings when I first joined the other forum I'm on but that site is pretty much dead on the forum side.

I'm glad I joined up here and definitely look forward to being and staying active, along with building some great relationships.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I appreciate it man. This forum brings back those vibes and feelings when I first joined the other forum I'm on but that site is pretty much dead on the forum side.

I'm glad I joined up here and definitely look forward to being and staying active, along with building some great relationships.
This forum is 50/50 lately. We have a overflow of new members that are know it all douchebags and there completely clueless 90% of the time. So it was nice to see a new member join, start a personal log and not be a fukin dbag lol.

👍

Anthony_

Anthony_

Awards
  • Established
This forum is 50/50 lately. We have a overflow of new members that are know it all douchebags and there completely clueless 90% of the time. So it was nice to see a new member join, start a personal log and not be a fukin dbag lol.

👍
Haha thanks man. I know what you mean though and can definitely agree to your sentiment. I definitely don't know everything at all and this forum I'm sure is going to teach me a lot which is exciting. I joined with the intent to stay active and be part of this forum community so I appreciate the receptive welcome.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I’m in on this……welcome brother. I think you’ll enjoy this forum. Some great guys, and most of us enjoy helping any way we can. A lot of knowledge shared in this community.

Anthony_

Anthony_

Awards
  • Established
I’m in on this……welcome brother. I think you’ll enjoy this forum. Some great guys, and most of us enjoy helping any way we can. A lot of knowledge shared in this community.
Thanks a lot for joining man and I appreciate the welcome to the forum. From my short time on here and going through new and past posts I can see there are a lot of knowledgeable members here. I'm definitely excited for that and learning from you all.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Not pictured is my Titan Fitness SSB V2 bar. I'm trying to pick up some adjustable dumbbells to get some heavier weight for things like dumbbell benching, incline dumbbell bench, rows, etc. For that I'm looking at something like Pepin dumbbells and or Baadass dumbbells. I also plan to pick up an EliteFTS American Cambered bar for press work along with other things it can provide in terms of versatility. I also want to pick up the lat pulldown/low row attachment for my power rack which will really fill in the want for a lat pull down and low row system while also saving space. I have a Spud Inc. high and low cable pulley which does it's job well for now.

View attachment 216640

My Kabuki open trap bar

View attachment 216641

Rep Fitness 5-50lb dumbbells

View attachment 216642
anime gym :D

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
In! Love me some fellow garage gym strength enthusiasts! Looks like a solid setup ya got going. You’re right, it never stops growing 🤣

What amount said nailed it, big influx of members recently but it’s good to see training logs to validate. Otherwise it’s just interweb hoopla. Stoked for your journey!

Anthony_

Anthony_

Awards
  • Established
In! Love me some fellow garage gym strength enthusiasts! Looks like a solid setup ya got going. You’re right, it never stops growing 🤣

What amount said nailed it, big influx of members recently but it’s good to see training logs to validate. Otherwise it’s just interweb hoopla. Stoked for your journey!
Thanks a lot for joining man, I appreciate it!

Potbelly

Potbelly

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

👍
5A0C591A-6435-4D2E-A408-BE96316C9AF3.jpeg

match

match

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
In for support and to help motivate/get motivated myself.

I dig your setup, looks great, reminds me quite a bit of my own. I love the freedom to lift when I want without having to wait for someone else to finish with equipment. Plus who wants to drive to the gym when you can just go into the garage!

Anthony_

Anthony_

Awards
  • Established
In for support and to help motivate/get motivated myself.

I dig your setup, looks great, reminds me quite a bit of my own. I love the freedom to lift when I want without having to wait for someone else to finish with equipment. Plus who wants to drive to the gym when you can just go into the garage!
Yeah man having my own equipment built around how I like to train is definitely a plus. I do miss pieces of equipment that a commercial gym offers but overall I’m happy training at home. Arizona in the summer though is brutal lol.

PoSiTiVeFLoW

PoSiTiVeFLoW

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hey nice home gym, as you noted always a work in progress, like seeing what's others consider essential when building up. Welcome! Lots of great logs and commentary going back a ways here, on all kinds of topics.

PoSiTiVeFLoW

PoSiTiVeFLoW

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
@Hyde
@SkRaw85
@BBiceps
@PoSiTiVeFLoW
@gphagan1
@Ricky10
@match

You guys all like getting involved in threads, let's help the new guy get his post count up
Looks like "the list" needs reborn. I know SHorse used to maintain that in years past.

Anthony_

Anthony_

Awards
  • Established
Hey nice home gym, as you noted always a work in progress, like seeing what's others consider essential when building up. Welcome! Lots of great logs and commentary going back a ways here, on all kinds of topics.
Thanks a lot for joining man I really appreciate it. It's a never ending build that's for sure haha. I should be adding some more stuff to it soon.

This board definitely has some great stuff from what I've seen going back to old posts. It's like a goldmine of knowledge which I love.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Digging through older supplement product reviews led me to discover SNS's VasoForce Rush. I just ordered some from DPS so I'm pretty excited to start using it when it gets to me.
Yeah search around, we have a lot of good sponsors on here. And one of the first guys to welcome you, Smont, is a rep with one of the really good companies MA Research, and he didn’t even mention it. Shows his thoughts were more towards helping than trying to make any profit. 👍

Last edited:
Anthony_

Anthony_

Awards
  • Established
Yeah search around, we have a lot of good sponsors on here. And one of the first guys to welcome you, Smont, is a rep with one of the really good companies MA Research, and he didn’t even mention it. Shows his thoughts were more towards helping than trying to make any profit. 👍
I noticed that when I saw an older post related to Cardarine I believe it was.

Anthony_

Anthony_

Awards
  • Established
I thought I'd post a before and after of my last serious cut. Prior to this I was on that perma bulk powerlifter life. I'll be honest, I have sh!t genetics compared to most of you guys on here. I just seem to never been able to build muscle the way I wanted to soI sort of accepted that at this point in my life lol. Anyways here's a before and after. The goal is to get back to that lean look then slowly bulk up from there.

Last edited:
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Welcome to the forum!

You have a great looking garage setup man; love the monkey bar/pull-up bar setup, the safety straps, and the monolift for bench looks nifty for self lift-offs.

Do you do your dips on your reverse hyper arms? That’s where I do mine; been figuring out a handful of neat things to use it for lately (in addition to my reverse hyper work).

What’s your best squat? Looks like you’re using a 200lb TM based on the BBB work. At 200lbs BW, we need to get that up. PM me for some ideas you can implement right now to make this happen fast, or I can discuss here. Even slowly dieting, I believe we can see you up to 275+ within the next 4-6 months purely through training manipulation.

Anthony_

Anthony_

Awards
  • Established
Welcome to the forum!

You have a great looking garage setup man; love the monkey bar/pull-up bar setup, the safety straps, and the monolift for bench looks nifty for self lift-offs.

Do you do your dips on your reverse hyper arms? That’s where I do mine; been figuring out a handful of neat things to use it for lately (in addition to my reverse hyper work).

What’s your best squat? Looks like you’re using a 200lb TM based on the BBB work. At 200lbs BW, we need to get that up. PM me for some ideas you can implement right now to make this happen fast, or I can discuss here. Even slowly dieting, I believe we can see you up to 275+ within the next 4-6 months purely through training manipulation.
Hey man thanks for joining I really appreciate it. I have a dip bar that I attach to my rack to do dips. I love my reverse hyper man. It's a great piece of equipment to have.

It's been so long since I really tested for a true 1RM on my main lifts. I decided to go really conservative with my estimated 1 rep maxes to start 5/3/1. I can definitely squat 275 but again I haven't tested for true 1 rep maxes in such a long time.

I can definitely reach out to you and see how you can help out if you don't mind.

PoSiTiVeFLoW

PoSiTiVeFLoW

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I thought I'd post a before and after of my last serious cut. Prior to this I was on that perma bulk powerlifter life. I'll be honest, I have **** genetics compared to most of you guys on here. I just seem to never been able to build muscle the way I wanted to soI sort of accepted that at this point in my life lol. Anyways here's a before and after. The goal is to get back to that lean look then slowly bulk up from there.

View attachment 216667

View attachment 216668
Yo, right on! Good work on the cut. If your bloodwork is in check, I'd hop on over to Powermyself co UK, they just restocked on Brawn (one of the few brands still making classic PH like Mechabol, P-Mag, Halo, D-Plex, etc), if you're into those - for the bulk now you've done the cut. Also Bodyshock pro has DMZ and Trenavar in stock too recently.

Not sure if the local board sponsors still offer those, they used to...

Anthony_

Anthony_

Awards
  • Established
Yo, right on! Good work on the cut. If your bloodwork is in check, I'd hop on over to Powermyself co UK, they just restocked on Brawn (the only making classic PH like Mechabol, P-Mag, D-Plex, etc), if you're into those - for the bulk now you've done the cut. Also Bodyshock pro has DMZ and Trenavar in stock too recently.
I've never used anything like that in regards to PH, sarms, etc. It's always been something that I was interested in trying but just felt like I didn't know enough to run products like that or worried too much about possible sides and what not you know?

A part of me still wants to try at least something once to see how it works but I wouldn't even know what would be the first good product to use as a newbie in that realm of supplements and where to look.

PoSiTiVeFLoW

PoSiTiVeFLoW

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I've never used anything like that in regards to PH, sarms, etc. It's always been something that I was interested in trying but just felt like I didn't know enough to run products like that or worried too much about possible sides and what not you know?

A part of me still wants to try at least something once to see how it works but I wouldn't even know what would be the first good product to use as a newbie in that realm of supplements and where to look.
Wow, you did that natty. No fat burners, very impressive! Never mind :) you may not need a thing besides creatine, lol.

Well any of those I listed would be a good first mass gain cycle, these days extra hydration + TuDCA + Nutrissa cycle support (with pre/post blood work) makes taking 17-a orals a good bit easier on the system..

Anthony_

Anthony_

Awards
  • Established
Wow, you did that natty. No fat burners, very impressive! Never mind :) you may not need a thing besides creatine, lol.

Well any of those I listed would be a good first mass gain cycle, these days extra hydration + TuDCA + Nutrissa cycle support (with pre/post blood work) makes taking 17-a orals a good bit easier on the system..
Yeah man that cut was just eating in a caloric deficit while taking the basics like creatine, whey protein, vitamin D3, my preworkouts, etc.

I've always wanted to try something on the "dark side" per say but always was just hesitant like I mentioned above.

Anthony_

Anthony_

Awards
  • Established
@Hyde I sent you a pm to further discuss what you mentioned.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Nice looking gym! And dude, I’d hardly call those bad genetics based on your physique. You look fit even in the heavier one.

Anthony_

Anthony_

Awards
  • Established
Nice looking gym! And dude, I’d hardly call those bad genetics based on your physique. You look fit even in the heavier one.
Well I appreciate it man. I feel I have sh!tty genetics for sure, especially my arms. They don't grow at all, especially my biceps haha. My mindset is just to continue to work with what I have and control what I can control.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Well I appreciate it man. I feel I have sh!tty genetics for sure, especially my arms. They don't grow at all, especially my biceps haha. My mindset is just to continue to work with what I have and control what I can control.
Biceps and calves are hard. Some either have them or don’t. Neither of mine are shapely even though I can put on muscle. As you don’t walk around flexing anyway, don’t worry about it. Work them triceps man — that’s 2/3 of the arm and a lot more useful for your core lifts.

It’s good to be realistic, but I think you have reasons to feel good about things.

Anthony_

Anthony_

Awards
  • Established
Biceps and calves are hard. Some either have them or don’t. Neither of mine are shapely even though I can put on muscle. As you don’t walk around flexing anyway, don’t worry about it. Work them triceps man — that’s 2/3 of the arm and a lot more useful for your core lifts.

It’s good to be realistic, but I think you have reasons to feel good about things.
It's much appreciated man. I definitely hammer my triceps and agree to them being a big driver in my main lifts like the bench and overhead press.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
@Hyde
@SkRaw85
@BBiceps
@PoSiTiVeFLoW
@gphagan1
@Ricky10
@match

I see how I rate now ??

Fellow Home Gymer Following along !! Great looking gym by the way !!

Anthony_

Anthony_

Awards
  • Established
I see how I rate now ??

Fellow Home Gymer Following along !! Great looking gym by the way !!
Thanks a lot for stopping by and following along man. I definitely appreciate it.

This morning was check in day for me in regards to my nutrition/macros. I've been using the app Avatar Nutrition if anyone was curious. It's great as it gives you your own macros based on your goals and adjusts weekly based off compliance, and if you're making progress on those macros.

I weighed in at my lowest I've been on this cut which was at 201.8lbs. Based on my weekly average for my weigh ins my macros are staying the same this week which are 200g protein, 153g carbs, and 67g fat.

Physique wise I figured I'd post my current physique as a way to gauge my progress for myself and for all you who are following to also follow along in the journey. It's definitely not a physique to brag about compared to most you fellas on here but it is what it is lol.

This morning's training was week 2 for me on my current 5/3/1 template and it kick started with a bench day. Things went great and felt great. I ran out of the pre workout I was taking and was stuck chugging down a Celsius drink through out my training for that caffeine kick. I ordered some SNS VasoForce Rush from DPS that should be getting here next Tuesday. I can't wait for that and to add it in for my training. Other than that supplement wise I'm just taking creatine mono, and protein powder. If anything else gets added I'll make sure to comment on that.

I hope everyone is having a great start to their weekend. For those training I hope you're killing it and for those taking rest days I hope you're recovering well. Tomorrow is my squat day so I'm looking forward to that.

May 21, 2022
Lightest body weight during the cut so far.
Bodyweight 201.8

Bench Press
130x5
150x5
170x5
*paused on the first three sets
105x10
105x10
105x10
105x10
105x10
Band Face pull *done in between the first 3 sets of bench
0x15
0x15
0x15
Pull Up *done after each set on the 5x10 bench sets
10 +4 reps
Dips
25x10
25x10
25x10
25x10
Fat Gripz barbell curl
55x12 +5lbs
55x12
55x12
Face pulls
25x12 External rotation focused
25x12
25x12

Last edited:
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Vasoforce Rush is great, super convenient to take too!

If you don’t like your bicep size, just try to keep working them hard and often! Variety of curls, rep ranges, and ideally more than once a week can all help things along some.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
cyrix General Chat 10
ethan_wilde Training Forum 11
Training Forum 9
Workout Logs 30
Anabolics 9