Anthony's garage gym training log

Anthony_

Anthony_

Awards
  • Established
Solid training this morning. My pre gave me the needed energy and focus I needed. F*** 5x10 deadlifts though lol.

Overall it's a good end to the first cycle and a good start to the month of June training.

Jun 1, 2022
Bodyweight 202

531 BBB C1, W3, D4

Deadlift

200x5
230x5
260x5
160x10
160x10
160x10
160x10
160x10

Barbell Row
160x10
160x10
160x10

Reverse hyper
180x25
180x25

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah, guys that have never ran the 5/3/1 with BBB added, don’t fully understand that even though the 5x10 is like only 30%-50% of your max, man that fifth set can bring on some serious burning, especially deadlifts and squats.
It’s a really effective program though.

Anthony_

Anthony_

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, guys that have never ran the 5/3/1 with BBB added, don’t fully understand that even though the 5x10 is like only 30%-50% of your max, man that fifth set can bring on some serious burning, especially deadlifts and squats.
It’s a really effective program though.
I've been ramping up the percentages week to week with the BBB sets.

I started at 50% week 1, week 2 was at 55%, and this week was at 60%.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I've been ramping up the percentages week to week with the BBB sets.

I started at 50% week 1, week 2 was at 55%, and this week was at 60%.
Yeah that’s fine, you just don’t want to go too high too quickly on the BBB sets. You want to be able to always hit your numbers on the 5/3/1.👍

Anthony_

Anthony_

Awards
  • Established
Yeah that’s fine, you just don’t want to go too high too quickly on the BBB sets. You want to be able to always hit your numbers on the 5/3/1.👍
Oh for sure. 60% would be the highest percentage I would go.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Oh for sure. 60% would be the highest percentage I would go.
I should have prefaced that by saying kind of go by feel on increasing those reps, if that makes sense. If the last session wasn’t enough then by all means nothing wrong with a 5% increase.
When I ran it the BBB sets I started at 50% and increased monthly. But your obviously experienced so whatever works is good.
That’s the beauty of that program, simple, flexible, and effective.

Anthony_

Anthony_

Awards
  • Established
I should have prefaced that by saying kind of go by feel on increasing those reps, if that makes sense. If the last session wasn’t enough then by all means nothing wrong with a 5% increase.
When I ran it the BBB sets I started at 50% and increased monthly. But your obviously experienced so whatever works is good.
That’s the beauty of that program, simple, flexible, and effective.
It's definitely flexible and you learn quick if this set up works for you or not lol.

Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey man. Love the home gym setup. I’ve had a home gym for a bit myself but still stop by a commercial gym to do heavy leg work. How do you like your REP power rack?

Anthony_

Anthony_

Awards
  • Established
Hey man. Love the home gym setup. I’ve had a home gym for a bit myself but still stop by a commercial gym to do heavy leg work. How do you like your REP power rack?
I love my Rep rack. It's built like a tank!

I haven't been to a commercial gym since the very beginning of Covid and when they started shutting gyms down. That's when I started building my garage gym.

Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I love my Rep rack. It's built like a tank!

I haven't been to a commercial gym since the very beginning of Covid and when they started shutting gyms down. That's when I started building my garage gym.
That’s good to hear. I wasn’t aware of any problems with any of their equipment, but figured I’d see if you had any issues. I ordered a PR-5000 from them last week after digging pretty hard to find negative reviews. Couldn’t find any.

Anthony_

Anthony_

Awards
  • Established
That’s good to hear. I wasn’t aware of any problems with any of their equipment, but figured I’d see if you had any issues. I ordered a PR-5000 from them last week after digging pretty hard to find negative reviews. Couldn’t find any.
You're going to love that rack man. It'll be really hard to find a reason not to.

Anthony_

Anthony_

Awards
  • Established
What's up AM fam.

I just got my EliteFTS American Cambered bar today and pretty excited so I thought I'd show you guys.

It's my first purchase from EliteFTS and I'm very pleased with my purchase. The delivery time from Ohio to Arizona only took 6 days (plus you factor in Memorial Day) which was awesome. Add on top the bar came with free shipping it was a no brainer.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That’s dead sexy!

I have always had great customer service from EliteFTS. If there’s an issue they will make things right every time, and they have so dang much available in one place. Quite a one-stop shop, and they make so much great useful content.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What's up AM fam.

I just got my EliteFTS American Cambered bar today and pretty excited so I thought I'd show you guys.

It's my first purchase from EliteFTS and I'm very pleased with my purchase. The delivery time from Ohio to Arizona only took 6 days (plus you factor in Memorial Day) which was awesome. Add on top the bar came with free shipping it was a no brainer.

View attachment 217186

View attachment 217187
Dope!

Anthony_

Anthony_

Awards
  • Established
Awesome…..nice bar.👍
It's a beaut Clark!

This morning's training was great. I'm leaving to Mexico for 1-2 days on Saturday so I decided to start cycle 2 today, train tomorrow before leaving, then have a rest day on Sunday since I'll drive back home then.

With that said I decided to break in my new EliteFTS bar and use it on the BBB sets. The bar feels great and I'm looking forward to building my bench with it.

Jun 3, 2022
Bodyweight 200.4

531 BBB, C2, W1, D1

Bench Press

130x5
150x5
170x5
100x10 Cambered bar
100x10
100x10
100x10
100x10
Inverted row
0x10
0x10
0x10
0x10
0x10
Dips
30x12 +2 reps
30x10
30x6
5 (stripped weight off and just knocked out 5 more at bodyweight)
Barbell Bicep Curl
70x10 +5lbs
70x8
70x8

Anthony_

Anthony_

Awards
  • Established
That’s dead sexy!

I have always had great customer service from EliteFTS. If there’s an issue they will make things right every time, and they have so dang much available in one place. Quite a one-stop shop, and they make so much great useful content.
I definitely look forward to getting more equipment from them. It's definitely a company I love to support with how much they put back out.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That’s such a gorgeous bar

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
What's up AM fam.

View attachment 217186

View attachment 217187
I like !!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Have fun in Mexico!

I forgot about inverted rows, but they’re so money in a garage gym. Thank you for the reminder!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Have fun in Mexico!

I forgot about inverted rows, but they’re so money in a garage gym. Thank you for the reminder!
I haven’t done these in years either, thank you

Anthony_

Anthony_

Awards
  • Established
Anthony_

Anthony_

Awards
  • Established
This was my training session before the drive to Mexico. It was solid and squats felt light and strong as they should at this weight.

I decided to cut the BBB sets to 3x10 for my squats and deadlift. 5x10 just doesn't work for me so I figure 3x10 should still be sufficient.

Jun 4, 2022
Bodyweight
199 (lowest bodyweight hit during cut)

531 BBB C2, W2, D2

Squat

140x5
160x5
180x5
105x10
105x10
105x10
Trap bar SLDL
165x8
165x8
165x8
Dead bug
0x6
0x6
Trap bar shrug
165x10
165x10
165x10

Anthony_

Anthony_

Awards
  • Established
This morning's training session was great! I had some real nice energy, focus, and a solid pump thanks to SNS Vaso Force Rush.

Using the EliteFTS Cambered bar for pull ups felt awesome as did the hammer curls.

Jun 6, 2022
Bodyweight

531 BBB C2, W1, D3

Barbell overhead press

80x5
90x5
100x5
60x10
60x10
60x10
60x10
60x10
Pull Up
10 Using my cambered EFTS bar
Rolling dumbbell triceps extension
35x12
35x12
35x12
Cambered bar hammer curl
40x15
40x15
40x15
Face pulls
37.5x15
37.5x15
37.5x15

Anthony_

Anthony_

Awards
  • Established
Bet that bar is great for pull-ups
Yeah man the angled grips feel good and they are a lot easier on my shoulders. I also feel a lot more lat activation as well with the grips being angled.

Thankfully my j-cups are at just the right height where I can hang from the bar and not have my feel touching the ground.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah man the angled grips feel good and they are a lot easier on my shoulders. I also feel a lot more lat activation as well with the grips being angled.

Thankfully my j-cups are at just the right height where I can hang from the bar and not have my feel touching the ground.
I need to try this with my Swissbar

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Pick up anything special in Mexico ;)

Anthony_

Anthony_

Awards
  • Established
Pick up anything special in Mexico ;)
Nah man. It was a boring ass trip to some poverty struck town, Sonora Mexico. It's a border town and we went for my Wife's cousin's quinceanera (when a girl turns 15 years old). Sh!t was boring and was just a bunch of drunk adults dancing to loud ass annoying Mexican music. I was just hanging with my 3 daughters and was grubbing on free food haha.

Anthony_

Anthony_

Awards
  • Established
Solid session this morning. Deadlifts were fast and strong as they should be.

Jun 7, 2022
Bodyweight

531 BBB C2, W1, D4

Deadlift

180x5
210x5
240x5
140x10
140x10
140x10
Barbell Row (using Angles 90 attachment)
95x15
95x15
95x15
Reverse hyper
90x20
90x20
90x20

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
All those deadlift would have wore me out !!

Anthony_

Anthony_

Awards
  • Established
All those deadlift would have wore me out !!
Normally the BBB set up calls for 5x10. For my squats and deadlift I cut it down to 3x10 seeing as the 5x10 on those two movements was a bit too much. IMO 5x10 deadlifts don't make much sense aside from building conditioning but you can always do other things for that.

Anthony_

Anthony_

Awards
  • Established
So I went ahead and made a big boy decision. I just ordered a blemished Kabuki Transformer Bar :)

Being excited is an understatement. I just couldn't swallow the fact that the Marrs Bar I wanted is $800 total. The reason it's so expensive is due to it being shipped by freight since it's all completely one piece vs the Transformer Bar is broken down to save on shipping.

Not only am I excited that I ordered it but it's also set to ship out today.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Excited For You! New Equipment always equals Better Workouts !!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I would love to test drive a Marrs Bar !!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I think you’re definitely going to have more uses for this one, no doubt! Very cool pickup man

Anthony_

Anthony_

Awards
  • Established
I think you’re definitely going to have more uses for this one, no doubt! Very cool pickup man
Yeah it should provide me with some good variety for my main work and supplemental work with the several squat variations it provides/mimics.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You will love it, man. I use mine two days a week and I am always switching up the positioning and the difficulty. You may find that it positions very similarly to the Marrs bar also.

Anthony_

Anthony_

Awards
  • Established
You will love it, man. I use mine two days a week and I am always switching up the positioning and the difficulty. You may find that it positions very similarly to the Marrs bar also.
I'm definitely looking forward to getting it. My plan as of right now is to switch to using it on my Squat day in the low bar setting since I low bar squat primarily.

Then hit good mornings for assistance work. Then I'll use one of the squat variations on my deadlift day. Something like the front squat setting for accessory work I think would be a good start.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm definitely looking forward to getting it. My plan as of right now is to switch to using it on my Squat day in the low bar setting since I low bar squat primarily.

Then hit good mornings for assistance work. Then I'll use one of the squat variations on my deadlift day. Something like the front squat setting for accessory work I think would be a good start.
You will have to video a few of your workouts !

Anthony_

Anthony_

Awards
  • Established
Well with the ok from my wife I went ahead and made one last purchase for my garage gym. Since being out of a commercial gym I miss access to a lat pull-down and low row machine. Well this purchase went ahead and solved that. Instead of getting a dedicated lat pull-down/low row combo I went ahead and got one that attaches to my Rep Fitness rack.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
cyrix General Chat 10
ethan_wilde Training Forum 11
Training Forum 9
Workout Logs 30
Anabolics 9