GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
All the original focus XT gave me was diarrhea and nothing else. I even tried it multiple times and got zilch from it and gave away my tubs

New formula looks alright
damn wish i knew u back then .. i woulda taken your old focus XT stash .. love the stuff ..but yeah might be an ingrident or 2 that doesnt sit well with you

TommyTuffGuy

TommyTuffGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Old Focus XT worked for sure, but gave me the runs. I hope this is fixed a bit.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Old Focus XT worked for sure, but gave me the runs. I hope this is fixed a bit.
We did a lot of test runs of this before releasing it and no one reported any issues. The likely reason for that in the original was the choline content, which has been reduced in this version. Back when the original was designed, we didn’t have some of the awesome new ingredient options that we do now for this one. I’m choline sensitive myself and LOVE the new version compared to the original.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
We did a lot of test runs of this before releasing it and no one reported any issues. The likely reason for that in the original was the choline content, which has been reduced in this version. Back when the original was designed, we didn’t have some of the awesome new ingredient options that we do now for this one. I’m choline sensitive myself and LOVE the new version compared to the original.
you had me at ROCKET POP!!!

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Some nice focus from this product! Got 3 hours of sleep last night (thanks to a toddler starting to have nightmares) and still very focused/motivated for work today. Surprisingly, energy not overpowering at all (normally 60mg+ caffeine has me pretty hyper) but I like that because too much can really reduce my focus and ability to communicate with others at work (have bad anxiety issues but this product didn't make my anxiety worse at all). I like it - calm, focused energy. Good job SNS.

edit: wanted to add that as someone with essential tremor, I get pretty shaky (hands and even sometimes my voice) with any caffeine. However, my tremor was no worse after taking this.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Some nice focus from this product! Got 3 hours of sleep last night (thanks to a toddler starting to have nightmares) and still very focused/motivated for work today. Surprisingly, energy not overpowering at all (normally 60mg+ caffeine has me pretty hyper) but I like that because too much can really reduce my focus and ability to communicate with others at work (have bad anxiety issues but this product didn't make my anxiety worse at all). I like it - calm, focused energy. Good job SNS.

edit: wanted to add that as someone with essential tremor, I get pretty shaky (hands and even sometimes my voice) with any caffeine. However, my tremor was no worse after taking this.
sounds like the new focus xt was made for you!!!

what flavor? taste?

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
sounds like the new focus xt was made for you!!!

what flavor? taste?
I got blue raspberry and pink lemonade (b1g1 deal) but have only opened blue raspberry so far. It tastes good. Sorry to not be more detailed but my taste buds aren't very refined and usually limited to "good" and "not good".

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I got blue raspberry and pink lemonade (b1g1 deal) but have only opened blue raspberry so far. It tastes good. Sorry to not be more detailed but my taste buds aren't very refined and usually limited to "good" and "not good".
lol...good works for me!!! of the 2 I would choose blue ras, not a big fan of lemonade-but I might get proved wrong, lol.

jewgold

jewgold

Awards
  • Established
Got the 4 pack and went with 2 rocket pops and 1 pink lemonade and 1 blue raz. Opened a rocket pop and the powder is pinkish red and it tastes like pink lemonade. Anybody else open a rocket pop with this issue? Might open the pink lemonade to see if. That one tastes more like rocket pop... Little disappointed.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
It is damn good. I got two of the flavor samples and the second one i stretched out half the day by adding more and more water. Ha
ROCKET POP is one of my favorite flavors.....

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

Thank you so much for the very detailed post. I'm very glad that you are enjoying the product. You hit on a good point about the caffeine in relation to your tremors and it not making you hyper - caffeine in a nootropic formula like this is not like taking caffeine solo and is about the synergistic effect with the other ingredients. There have been a few people that wished we had gone higher with the caffeine but they can always take 2 scoops; for me, I think the caffeine level is perfect for what the product is.

I'm glad to hear that you like the flavors. I love them and I'm usually very taste picky.

lol...good works for me!!! of the 2 I would choose blue ras, not a big fan of lemonade-but I might get proved wrong, lol.
I think if you try the Pink Lemonade on this it will make you a fan :)

It is damn good. I got two of the flavor samples and the second one i stretched out half the day by adding more and more water. Ha
Ha. I did the same thing with the initial flavor samples. I didn't want to run out because I liked the flavor so much.

Got the 4 pack and went with 2 rocket pops and 1 pink lemonade and 1 blue raz. Opened a rocket pop and the powder is pinkish red and it tastes like pink lemonade. Anybody else open a rocket pop with this issue? Might open the pink lemonade to see if. That one tastes more like rocket pop... Little disappointed.
PM me if you find them tasting similar after opening and trying the Pink Lemonade. Your post got me curious so I opened up my container of Rocket Pop and also sampled a couple of the retention samples and couldn't replicate this. I am not normally a Pink Lemonade fan but I love the Focus XT Pink Lemonade. I love the Rocket Pop and think it tastes more like a real melted Rocket Pop popsicle than what some supplement rocket pop supplements taste like and have to keep in mind that lemon is one of the flavors in the actual Rocket Pop popsicles so I could see getting a bit of a lemon taste to it, but to me its nowhere close to the Pink Lemonade flavor.

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Tried the pink lemonade this morning. Mixed great in 12oz of water. Taste was spot on, wow much better than the first pink lemonade. (Thank god for tasteless theacrine ) The focus effect was awesome. Truly. I added 100mg of caffeine and wow it hit the spot. Just got me up off my feet and moving. Getting it done, excited to try the other flavors, but I can’t put into words how much better it is than version1.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Tried the pink lemonade this morning. Mixed great in 12oz of water. Taste was spot on, wow much better than the first pink lemonade. (Thank god for tasteless theacrine ) The focus effect was awesome. Truly. I added 100mg of caffeine and wow it hit the spot. Just got me up off my feet and moving. Getting it done, excited to try the other flavors, but I can’t put into words how much better it is than version1.
Love seeing these types of results from any new product and even more from a reworked version of one that was pretty solid to start with!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i'm going to be trying the pink lemonade flavor, if i like it then it is something special cause i'm not a fan of this flavor!!!

but I will keep an open mind....

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
definitely tart but I think I could honestly get this confused with store bought pink lemonade powder. Downside is it does kind of give you that same feeling in your throat as pink lemonade but very refreshing flavor

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I'm incredibly jealous you guys have tried it! I'm eagerly awaiting mine to turn up haha

jewgold

jewgold

Awards
  • Established
So I opened the pink lemonade and it is a bit more tart and sour than the rocket pop.
So I guess for me rocket pop seems like a weaker lemonade flavor but I still get a hint of the other flavors going on in rocket pop. So I see what you are saying about rocket pop having that melted popsicle taste.
It just surprised me that rocket pop had more of a pink lemonade taste to me that made me think it could have been miss labeled.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So I opened the pink lemonade and it is a bit more tart and sour than the rocket pop.
So I guess for me rocket pop seems like a weaker lemonade flavor but I still get a hint of the other flavors going on in rocket pop. So I see what you are saying about rocket pop having that melted popsicle taste.
It just surprised me that rocket pop had more of a pink lemonade taste to me that made me think it could have been miss labeled.
I would play with the water amount for the rocket pop. I know on some stuff I have adding or subtracting water literally changes the flavor. I am NOT talking an increase or decrease in intensity but an actual flavor change to a significant degree. I have had stuff where I am like WTF this tasted awesome yesterday and today tastes like bitter crap???? (This has NOT happened with SNS FXT for the record.)

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm incredibly jealous you guys have tried it! I'm eagerly awaiting mine to turn up haha
come sit next to me .. we can drink it together

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
To me, a lot of the supplements with Rocket Pop flavors capture the Rocket Pop premise but don't actually taste like Rocket Pop. We were going for an authentic melted Rocket Pop taste where you can taste each of the individuals flavors at certain sips and also get a sense of them together.

I would play with the water amount for the rocket pop. I know on some stuff I have adding or subtracting water literally changes the flavor. I am NOT talking an increase or decrease in intensity but an actual flavor change to a significant degree. I have had stuff where I am like WTF this tasted awesome yesterday and today tastes like bitter crap???? (This has NOT happened with SNS FXT for the record.)
I agree with this. The Pink Lemonade is a great example on this because if you love tart, use less water. If you want more of a non-tart refreshing Pink Lemonade, you can add more water to it.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
looking forward to trying the 'new' and 'improved' focusxt!!!

really nice upgrade, imo.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
looking forward to trying the 'new' and 'improved' focusxt!!!

really nice upgrade, imo.
It is so complete, I'll be using year round. SNS killed it on this one!

lardtohard

lardtohard

Awards
Just got two tubs of the new formula in! Very excited to start using it. My wife is also wanting to use it, but as a celiac, she’s wondering about a chance of gluten contamination?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
It is so complete, I'll be using year round. SNS killed it on this one!
excited to try...I like stims and over the long run will probably add more stim to it, but going to try it on its own and see how it goes!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Just got two tubs of the new formula in! Very excited to start using it. My wife is also wanting to use it, but as a celiac, she’s wondering about a chance of gluten contamination?
Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I wouldn't think so, however sns8778 may know if the manufacturer also produces food products on the same line.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
tried the pink lemonade flavor today and I am ready to eat my words...although I am not a fan of this flavor it is very tasty!!!

I mixed with 8oz water and it was too strong, added 4oz water and it was pretty awesome.

with the low amount of caffeine as the only stim I was surprised to find that my alertness level was increased.

next up-blue raz!!!

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
tried the pink lemonade flavor today and I am ready to eat my words...although I am not a fan of this flavor it is very tasty!!!

I mixed with 8oz water and it was too strong, added 4oz water and it was pretty awesome.

with the low amount of caffeine as the only stim I was surprised to find that my alertness level was increased.

next up-blue raz!!!
Haha! I really want to give the new flavours a try. I'd be in the same boat as you as I like my flavoured supps in about 10-12 ounces of water.

I'll also be trying with berroca and Kumbucha

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Haha! I really want to give the new flavours a try. I'd be in the same boat as you as I like my flavoured supps in about 10-12 ounces of water.

I'll also be trying with berroca and Kumbucha
seriously, I don't even like pink lemonade flavor and I liked this!!! SNS really nailed this flavor...most importantly for such a low stim formula I am impressed by how alert I still am even hours after drinking-good stuff!!!

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
seriously, I don't even like pink lemonade flavor and I liked this!!! SNS really nailed this flavor...most importantly for such a low stim formula I am impressed by how alert I still am even hours after drinking-good stuff!!!
I'm jealous! I won't get mine in for another month haha.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Got myself two bottles even though I couldnt stand the first version!

Excited
Very interested to hear from someone who didn't like the OG. Let us know what you think for sure!

thatsuppguy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I am really impressed with the new version in every aspect. Flavor is leaps and bounds above OG, mix 1000 times easier and the focus is clean and long lasting. I train at 5am and use Focus XT to get me through the afternoons at work. It might seem very low stim, but it gets me through the rest of the day after taking it at noon. I have been looking for something that wasnt stim heavy or geared towards a pre. Looks like I found it! Pull the trigger on this one guys, you wont be sorry.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Any plans to make a caffeine free version in more than FP? I was not a fan of the OG FP has this flavor been updated as well? Thank you.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
todays flavor is blue raz, review coming soon!!!

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
For those interested, here is some of the reasons why we included Lutein, an ingredient not often found in these types of formulations:

In this study, they measured lutein status of a group of 80 people, aged between 25 and 45. Lutein concentrations can be measured non-invasively, given how it accumulates in the eye. They noted a rather compelling correlation between low levels of Lutein and a reduction in basic memory, learning and recall tests. Conversely, those with higher levels of Lutein had greater verbal fluency, memory, recall, processing speed etc. you name it, if it is a cognitive marker, it has likely been measured in HUMANS to help.

Not only that, but Lutein also absorbs blue light rays which can lead to a variety of macula diseases and age-related macula degeneration.

Lutein is THE prominent carotenoid found in the brain, and several other studies a correlation between higher levels of Lutein and increased cognitive and retina function. Lutein has been investigated in a large scale human trial (more than 4000 participants) noted that those with the lowest levels of Macula Pigment (of which Lutein is one of the primary comprising factors) performed significantly worse on global tests of cognition, executive function and memory. people among the lower levels of macula pigment optical density were 30% less likely to successfully complete these tests than those in the upper quartiles.

I am talking BANKS of data around macula pigments and cognition in older people, middle aged people, younger people etc etc. Below is just a tiny snapshot, but you get the idea :D

http://www.mdpi.com/2304-8158/4/4/547/htm
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5540884/
https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fnagi.2017.00183/full#B13
https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fnagi.2017.00183/full
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26401946
https://watermark.silverchair.com/aft210.pdf?token=AQECAHi208BE49Ooan9kkhW_Ercy7Dm3ZL_9Cf3qfKAc485ysgAAAcUwggHBBgkqhkiG9w0BBwagggGyMIIBrgIBADCCAacGCSqGSIb3DQEHATAeBglghkgBZQMEAS4wEQQMtnlP_3n8nMsPFq9LAgEQgIIBeIQZ6B3gChE0U2X9NTvU-SQT0GnJN_m3zMYVdahReexOXYl87jBkvoGleKFtVUIsqOLNfvPvexw6-il2i39d-zNMJjM_K151f1mTnULgOU7CAFyNs9AJVQ0Vg5aAS2aLEvU4hFQ9uPerKCL5o4I3xZ7qhfnF2NGQVf5jw3PLT0fLpd0P4AIafLFq0BNfe5tzoyeR6TQgi6OpvxqS6-nddfkYu7crVKdo_k8DEyFoxQYkt1gw9BTQDzw5dsogQl4f8erh7gyAYyG9K2V-TET7V4B-EkWnHlgWbrrf_g_hfRqXSyP05BkWCGURZizy03X_4Sf32OSopYlowaxzHy_tnSR-lUcSet9U7NXEnU4UM59RDF0UZfuy1ZFKxFIsOn39k2KmkRI7pJHE3ERD37N1wGNmuCLiEdQ9r5Z2lowoPBuKbWtukj-Jju4R1GJimVOW93LWLC5R0PQNUU8Be8yz8vSnG0y337ofw1VuK4i6IN8NeWwZCNLFpU0
https://content.iospress.com/articles/journal-of-alzheimers-disease/jad150199

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
for Jiigzz the blue raz was even better than the pink lemonade[of course this could be personal preference as the pink lemonade was pretty tasty]...again today I used this in late afternoon as a pickerupper and it did not disappoint, I drank it around 5pm and I still feel it-I should add that I have a high stim tolerance and most stims have a short lived effect on me.

as far as effects, mostly what I notice is a more alert feeling-and if I have music playing the music sounds better, I find myself tapping my foot or humming along. all in all so far the 'new' focus xt has been a very positive experience!!!

the blue raz flavor is very good!!!

I used 12 oz water and the taste was good enough I could drink all day just for taste...

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
for Jiigzz the blue raz was even better than the pink lemonade[of course this could be personal preference as the pink lemonade was pretty tasty]...again today I used this in late afternoon as a pickerupper and it did not disappoint, I drank it around 5pm and I still feel it-I should add that I have a high stim tolerance and most stims have a short lived effect on me.

as far as effects, mostly what I notice is a more alert feeling-and if I have music playing the music sounds better, I find myself tapping my foot or humming along. all in all so far the 'new' focus xt has been a very positive experience!!!

I used 12 oz water and the taste was good enough I could drink all day just for taste...
That is awesome to hear BigT! Exactly what I need right now, haha.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Damn sounds like XTC light :D

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
todays flavor is fruit punch, review coming soon!!!