Androgenic Steroids vs Anabolic Steroids

DKZ

Awards
Hi guys,

before i start im sorry if my train of thought is totally wrong, and please correct me if im wrong!!

just want to get back to the basics so to speak and clarify a few things. As i understand such orals as superdrol and other methyls are highly androgenic steroids, i.e. they have a high androgenic ratio, whilst other injectables are highly anabolic steroids, i.e they have a high anabolic ratio. Therefore, if i was worried about possible hair loss associated with androgenic steroids, does it make sense that i would anabolic steroids would suit me better? Or will hair loss and other side effects associated with androgenic steroids occur with highly anabolic steroids as well?

Also, if superdrol has a high androgenic ratio, what methlys are highly anabolic?

cheers guys

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
unfortunately you need to re hit the books on anabolic/androgenic steroids my friend.

maybe start with anabolics 9th edition, or anabolic pharmacology.

DKZ

Awards
Yeah I had a bit more of a read and saw that even steroids that are more androgenic and still anabolic, that's why it's a ratio, durr!...thanks anyway, also the OTC hormone chart in the sticky helped a lot

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
most steorids are both anabolic and androgenic

jbry is correct hit teh books, i will be doing so shortly gotta pick up the 10th ed

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hi guys,

before i start im sorry if my train of thought is totally wrong, and please correct me if im wrong!!

just want to get back to the basics so to speak and clarify a few things. As i understand such orals as superdrol and other methyls are highly androgenic steroids, i.e. they have a high androgenic ratio, whilst other injectables are highly anabolic steroids, i.e they have a high anabolic ratio. Therefore, if i was worried about possible hair loss associated with androgenic steroids, does it make sense that i would anabolic steroids would suit me better? Or will hair loss and other side effects associated with androgenic steroids occur with highly anabolic steroids as well?

Also, if superdrol has a high androgenic ratio, what methlys are highly anabolic?

cheers guys
Superdrol is highly anabolic (400), and has a LOW androgenic ratio (20). Testosterone is 100/100, and all ratings are compared to it's ratio numbers.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The highly androgenic ones are the fun ones... albeit laden with sides.

Aggression much?

henryv

Awards
  • Established
Superdrol is highly anabolic (400), and has a LOW androgenic ratio (20). Testosterone is 100/100, and all ratings are compared to it's ratio numbers.
Usually that's true, but sometimes methyl test is used as a reference, and in some cases other steroids.

Dragon13

Dragon13

Awards
  • Established
Usually that's true, but sometimes methyl test is used as a reference, and in some cases other steroids.
Didn't know you posted over here henryv, I know you from the other board. Good to see a knowledgeable poster over here - not that we don't have any, it just seems like it. :lol:

henryv

Awards
  • Established
Didn't know you posted over here henryv, I know you from the other board. Good to see a knowledgeable poster over here - not that we don't have any, it just seems like it. :lol:
Thanks, I'm mostly just E-Pharm reppin'. Some good bros on here.

henryv

Awards
  • Established
Just to clarify what I said, in the case of superdrol it's 400:20 when compared to methyl test (assuming a 100:100 ratio for methyl test). Methyl test, however, when compared to testosterone, has a different ratio (280:200-356 by oral administration) because in that situation testosterone is the standard, with a 100:100 rating.

So what those figures really mean is it's 4x as anabolic and 1/5 as androgenic as methyl testosterone, by oral administration.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yea, you are correct. They still give the 100/100 value to ester test too though, but for reference purposes methyl-test is used as the primary comparative.