Anavar only cycle

TheSuppGuy

TheSuppGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thoughts on this? I'm 20 almost 21. I have never ran any cycle before. I'm not looking for size gains really, if I can keep ALL my gains I've got now, at a single digit bodyfat percentage, I would be more than happy. Then going "natural" again for the future (not planning on doing steroids after this). I want something that does not surpress much. Something mild, fitting my needs. Thoughts? Keep it short and sweet, like 6 weeks. Or maybe just stay away from it and just do it the natural way? I know I'm gonna lose alot of size. But I'm thinking, if I do this anavar cycle, and come off, my achievements slowly but surely will fade away back or even more back than before?
Screenshot_20190211-014708__01.jpeg

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You are at the age of my son. Don't fugg with roids for the next 10 years.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Agree with HG. Wait until you cannot gain size or strength anymore.

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Weren't use just posting about MK-677 giving you anxiety? newsflash you aint natty brah.

TheSuppGuy

TheSuppGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Weren't use just posting about MK-677 giving you anxiety? newsflash you aint natty brah.
Hmmm, I don't really consider MK-677 not making you natty. Even if someone or some wants to classify it as that, what I really ment is AAS kind of stuff, surpressive things.

georgetown

Awards
  • Established
Ok. I will try not to! Appriciate the advice
Please do my man it is amazing what our bodies can do naturally at this age. trial and error is our friend and dont be afraid to fail, play around with nutrition and figure what works best for your body, the end game is progressive overload - getting stronger is the goal and dont always assume that means shoveling large amounts of food that could just make you fat gradually increase food if you find yourself not getting stronger or bigger (depending on your goals)

Mattycmoite

Mattycmoite

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Unless you got crazy genetics for it i wouldn't bother. You could always try a Sarm in a year or two as long as you proper pct it and get pre and post bloods done.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hmmm, I don't really consider MK-677 not making you natty. Even if someone or some wants to classify it as that, what I really ment is AAS kind of stuff, surpressive things.
MK-677 will and does suppress you.

It is no different than AAS in that regard.

PoSiTiVeFLoW

PoSiTiVeFLoW

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hey MK-677 is a growth hormone secretagogue... This is definitely "enhanced" lifting.

To avoid all BS and define Natty means you eat only food and at most use a vitamin, creatine... All AAS gear, prohormones, SARMS are all definitely enhanced lifting.

And if you are 20 skip the roids. I am 38 and was once 20 and I waited the next 15+ years, learned to cycle but have now put myself on doctor monitored TRT. Why, well I supressed my own natural Testosterone too many times, now it doesn't recover.

This is why hairygrandpa says to wait, a few mistakes and you may wreck your own balls, not be able to have kids, etc. It's a real concern, not war on drugs exaggerated marketing... Even if you cycle perfectly, this can still happen as a side effect. Kind of like Russian roulette that way, first pull of the trigger might not get ya...

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was for 47 years natty. :)

My son is OP's age. After 1.5 years of training, I got him natty from a "spaghetti" to a "macaroni". Coaching nutrition and training.

spaghetti.jpg

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What do you mean? I don't feel surpressed at all? What does it surpress?

I mean it suppresses natural testosterone production exactly the same way AAS do. At ultra low doses they don't (or so a lot of studies say)...but no one takes it at those ultra low doses.

You don't necessarily feel suppression.

TheSuppGuy

TheSuppGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I mean it suppresses natural testosterone production exactly the same way AAS do. At ultra low doses they don't (or so a lot of studies say)...but no one takes it at those ultra low doses.

I'm taking 30mg, is that surpressive?

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

I think you are confusing it with SARMS. OP takes mk-677, a hgh secretagogue. As far I know, its not suppressive. Unless there are new studies.

Chamaan

Chamaan

Awards
I think you are confusing it with SARMS. OP takes mk-677, a hgh secretagogue. As far I know, its not suppressive. Unless there are new studies.
Second this.

Although OP should not feel like a GH secretalogue is a natty supp. This is kinda ****ed up actually, there is so much available and so many users that 20yos think mk667 is natty and don't try to achieve their best by themselves. I'm 25 and sadly a lot of guys my age think like OP.

Lmao when i was 20 i was careful not to overdose creatine

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Second this.

Although OP should not feel like a GH secretalogue is a natty supp. This is kinda ****ed up actually, there is so much available and so many users that 20yos think mk667 is natty and don't try to achieve their best by themselves. I'm 25 and sadly a lot of guys my age think like OP.

Lmao when i was 20 i was careful not to overdose creatine
I did get my SARM mixed up, you're right.

That said:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16455774

These observations reinforce the contention that ghrelin, as putative signal for energy insufficiency, may operate as negative modifier of male puberty and LH secretion, an effect that might be, at least partially, conducted through a GH secretagogue receptor type 1a-independent mechanism.

This compound is not within the "natural" class by any means. It will absolutely cause hormone disruption of some kind. The human body is very smart...take one hormone and cause it to be increased significantly, and a cascade of corrective actions will be taken.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What do you mean? I don't feel surpressed at all? What does it surpress?
It isn't suppressive. It does very little in terms of adding lean mass though. Keep in mind that most studies, demonstrating a few lbs of muscle gains, were done on regular persons -or elderly -not on lifters. MK-677 may make a difference in an "anabolic environment" (roids, insulin, PH's, Sarms).
On its own:
-accelerated healing
-better recovery
-lose some fat

BUT:
-it makes you hungry (bye-bye fat loss)
-may bloat you up after awhile (with that comes high blood pressure)
-messes with your sleep pattern
-elevates blood sugar
-nerve pain, numbness, cramps

See? Nothing in the world of PED's is without negative side effects.

TheSuppGuy

TheSuppGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It isn't suppressive. It does very little in terms of adding lean mass though. Keep in mind that most studies, demonstrating a few lbs of muscle gains, were done on regular persons -or elderly -not on lifters. MK-677 may make a difference in an "anabolic environment" (roids, insulin, PH's, Sarms).
On its own:
-accelerated healing
-better recovery
-lose some fat

BUT:
-it makes you hungry (bye-bye fat loss)
-may bloat you up after awhile (with that comes high blood pressure)
-messes with your sleep pattern
-elevates blood sugar
-nerve pain, numbness, cramps

See? Nothing in the world of PED's is without negative side effects.
Yeah... I see. I get all of the side effects u mentioned, and even bad self esteem, anxiety sometimes and alot of lethargy. But I just got done with my last bottle for now and am pretty happy with my strength! Time to lean down now!

stopstalking

stopstalking

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I started using pro hormones and designer steroids at about 16. It is completely stupid to use any before your 30’s. Trust me when I say I wish I never got in the game so early. Take advantage of your natural high hormones now.

Spexxarn

Spexxarn

Awards
First of all, MK-677 is not a SARM but a GH secretagogue. It's more like a GHRP-6.

Secondly it does not suppress you at all, meaning it does not need a PCT.

You rarely cycle mk677 alone, it's more of a stack compound. Imo the best option for a bulk cycle since MK-677 CAN increase your hunger ALOT.
I usually stack this with LGD4033 and RAD140.

Where my cycle looks like: LGD+RAD 12 weeks. MK-677 4 months. And since it's not suppressive you just run mk677 along side your PCT.

If you wonder about the 4 months... well MK-677 cycle length is a minimum of 3 months and a max of 6 months. Shorter periods of 3 months is a waste of money and time.

TheSuppGuy

TheSuppGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
First of all, MK-677 is not a SARM but a GH secretagogue. It's more like a GHRP-6.

You rarely cycle mk677 alone, it's more of a stack compound. Imo the best option for a bulk cycle since MK-677 CAN increase your hunger ALOT.

Where my cycle looks like: LGD+RAD 12 weeks. MK-677 4 months. And since it's not suppressive you just run mk677 along side your PCT.

If you wonder about the 4 months... well MK-677 cycle length is a minimum of 3 months and a max of 6 months. Shorter periods of 3 months is a waste of money and time.
Why is it a minimum of 3 months? What happens then that does not happen in the beginning?

Spexxarn

Spexxarn

Awards
Why is it a minimum of 3 months? What happens then that does not happen in the beginning?
Because it's a GH. The longer you stay on, the better in terms of potential Hyperplasia and long-term increased muscle growth potential. Which will also help you keep more gains.

As long as you keep your blood sugar and other health markers in check.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

repped...nice post for a 'noobie', lol.

welcome to AM!!!

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
If it’s banned by wada it ain’t natty.

Most PEDs take some time to actually start getting good. Cutting it shorter than that isn’t smart, you still get sides, but then get no results.

Would you rather run 4 cycles a year for a decade and net a couple lbs each time, constantly having your hpta going up and down... ?

I know what I’m inferring goes against the grain of the mantra here of short cycles with low doses. But there’s a point of diminished returns in both directions. Too much is too much, for sure. But, If it’s not enough it’s not enough. Most of what I see done these days falls under one of those. I rarely see an adequately dosed cycle run for an appropriate amount of time. Instead it’s guys taking not nearly enough for not nearly long enough and getting sides. Then they complain about it.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!

Mk? It has nothing to do with testosterone, its a gh product. Your thinking of something else

PoSiTiVeFLoW

PoSiTiVeFLoW

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If it’s banned by wada it ain’t natty.

Most PEDs take some time to actually start getting good. Cutting it shorter than that isn’t smart, you still get sides, but then get no results.

Would you rather run 4 cycles a year for a decade and net a couple lbs each time, constantly having your hpta going up and down... ?

I know what I’m inferring goes against the grain of the mantra here of short cycles with low doses. But there’s a point of diminished returns in both directions. Too much is too much, for sure. But, If it’s not enough it’s not enough. Most of what I see done these days falls under one of those. I rarely see an adequately dosed cycle run for an appropriate amount of time. Instead it’s guys taking not nearly enough for not nearly long enough and getting sides. Then they complain about it.
I hear ya, but we need a good science based matrix to know to run each compound most effective.. some of which could be scoured out of forum like this, but most need testing.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I hear ya, but we need a good science based matrix to know to run each compound most effective.. some of which could be scoured out of forum like this, but most need testing.
Yes this is true, and such compilations and lists have been attempted, largely being disputed from day one. It’s so individual for many aspects of how growth occurs even with drugs that to say it will take x amount of days at x doses to feel x effect is never going to be fully agreed upon. At least not on this forum. Therefore that idea has to go out the window.

I could tell you anavar at 25mg strictly preworkout is effective and can be run without much worry for much longer than a couple of months as a nice addition to an already solid cycle... and somebody will say the opposite in one way or another. And in ways we are both going to be right.

There will be people saying 12 weeks of primobolan at 200mg is worth it and others who say that’s not even going to be noticeable.

Everyone will agree though that 10mg anavar won’t do much for anyone with a penis and testicles, so that’s a start.

My general practice is that if I’m going to mess with my hormones, I’ll do it for a long enough time that whatever changes I make will be quite permanent and it will take quite awhile to go backward. That means cycles of 20 weeks, bridging with IGF and other peptides, changing out the major anabolic compounds every ten weeks, etc.

I messed around last year with some more and less legal options when getting back to the gym because back in my day sarms were like a mythological creature, and some of these steroids weren’t on the market. And actually I didn’t get great results. Definitely some stuff worked, and if I was already in great shape I’m sure it would have done a lot.

But now play time is over, its time to do it the right way. There’s no point in my experience or in the experience of any doctor or coach to be going on and off repeatedly. If anything that’s worse. If your health markers are good, you’re healthy. Doesn’t matter how inhumanly high your androgen level is if all the rest of the numbers line up. The more you force those to fluctuate rather than finding a stasis, the more they will fluctuate on their own without the drugs from other stimuli. Words from my own doctor. The only real immediate danger at a high androgen level thats actually caused by the androgens themselves, if other markers are good, is that your heart might just stop or you might stop breathing while asleep.

You can either have extended periods of maximal growth and then work on maturing the muscle tissue, or you can have tiny spurts of sub maximal growth and barely maintain half of it each time.

It is entirely individual however, and knowing when you really have hit a plateau can be hard. That’s why I just recommend the ten weeks principle. The way I do this is stacking test and another anabolic such as deca or dhb, this is the main stack, it will not change however the dose will escalate every four weeks; then a third compound such as EQ, primo, tren which is rotated every six, eight or at maximum ten weeks. Starting with wetter compounds and moving to drier ones. A stack of test dhb npp, then test dhb EQ, then test dhb primo, then finally a recomp phase at the end with test, tren, mast, and superdrol. That’s an actual cycle I saw a hopeful pro using last year which fits this principle.

Now, that’s obviously trying to grow, if trying to cut or recomp, shorter time frames are always better, and a simple stack of test, a 19 nor, and a dht or up to three dhts (specifically masteron, anavar, and winstrol) could be used. Cutting is easy and the same stacks tend to work over and over. Growing is the hard thing to do and requires some creativity to get it to continue yielding strong results.

Here’s the deal though, if you’re a beginner, none of that even applies. You’re going to gain a lot from just test and a nice strong Kickstarter, DBol or anadrol, superdrol... M1T... anavar even.

But this whole “oh I’m going to avoid damaging my hpta somehow by fluctuating my hormones wildly more than once a year for almost no results” needs to stop. You can only bounce back so many times. Pct or not.

Now I’m not saying these need to be dosed really high especially when stacked like that and run for a long time. But you are definitely better off if you’re growing the WHOLE time you’re on, and better off growing for longer periods over a shorter span of years, rather than growing and shrinking quickly for years and years like a yo-yo.

But hey, I don’t know anything, don’t listen to me.

Oh and if your goal isn’t to be huge, AND HEALTHY, none of this applies either.

PoSiTiVeFLoW

PoSiTiVeFLoW

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yes this is true, and such compilations and lists have been attempted, largely being disputed from day one. It’s so individual for many aspects of how growth occurs even with drugs that to say it will take x amount of days at x doses to feel x effect is never going to be fully agreed upon. At least not on this forum. Therefore that idea has to go out the window.

I could tell you anavar at 25mg strictly preworkout is effective and can be run without much worry for much longer than a couple of months as a nice addition to an already solid cycle... and somebody will say the opposite in one way or another. And in ways we are both going to be right.

There will be people saying 12 weeks of primobolan at 200mg is worth it and others who say that’s not even going to be noticeable.

Everyone will agree though that 10mg anavar won’t do much for anyone with a penis and testicles, so that’s a start.

My general practice is that if I’m going to mess with my hormones, I’ll do it for a long enough time that whatever changes I make will be quite permanent and it will take quite awhile to go backward. That means cycles of 20 weeks, bridging with IGF and other peptides, changing out the major anabolic compounds every ten weeks, etc.

I messed around last year with some more and less legal options when getting back to the gym because back in my day sarms were like a mythological creature, and some of these steroids weren’t on the market. And actually I didn’t get great results. Definitely some stuff worked, and if I was already in great shape I’m sure it would have done a lot.

But now play time is over, its time to do it the right way. There’s no point in my experience or in the experience of any doctor or coach to be going on and off repeatedly. If anything that’s worse. If your health markers are good, you’re healthy. Doesn’t matter how inhumanly high your androgen level is if all the rest of the numbers line up. The more you force those to fluctuate rather than finding a stasis, the more they will fluctuate on their own without the drugs from other stimuli. Words from my own doctor. The only real immediate danger at a high androgen level thats actually caused by the androgens themselves, if other markers are good, is that your heart might just stop or you might stop breathing while asleep.

You can either have extended periods of maximal growth and then work on maturing the muscle tissue, or you can have tiny spurts of sub maximal growth and barely maintain half of it each time.

It is entirely individual however, and knowing when you really have hit a plateau can be hard. That’s why I just recommend the ten weeks principle. The way I do this is stacking test and another anabolic such as deca or dhb, this is the main stack, it will not change however the dose will escalate every four weeks; then a third compound such as EQ, primo, tren which is rotated every six, eight or at maximum ten weeks. Starting with wetter compounds and moving to drier ones. A stack of test dhb npp, then test dhb EQ, then test dhb primo, then finally a recomp phase at the end with test, tren, mast, and superdrol. That’s an actual cycle I saw a hopeful pro using last year which fits this principle.

Now, that’s obviously trying to grow, if trying to cut or recomp, shorter time frames are always better, and a simple stack of test, a 19 nor, and a dht or up to three dhts (specifically masteron, anavar, and winstrol) could be used. Cutting is easy and the same stacks tend to work over and over. Growing is the hard thing to do and requires some creativity to get it to continue yielding strong results.

Here’s the deal though, if you’re a beginner, none of that even applies. You’re going to gain a lot from just test and a nice strong Kickstarter, DBol or anadrol, superdrol... M1T... anavar even.

But this whole “oh I’m going to avoid damaging my hpta somehow by fluctuating my hormones wildly more than once a year for almost no results” needs to stop. You can only bounce back so many times. Pct or not.

Now I’m not saying these need to be dosed really high especially when stacked like that and run for a long time. But you are definitely better off if you’re growing the WHOLE time you’re on, and better off growing for longer periods over a shorter span of years, rather than growing and shrinking quickly for years and years like a yo-yo.

But hey, I don’t know anything, don’t listen to me.

Oh and if your goal isn’t to be huge, AND HEALTHY, none of this applies either.
Oh man,thanks for low and steady 25mg Anavar pre-workout tip, that's going in my play book. Though it still is 17a alkylated.. hepatoxic risk?

Goal is def strong, flexible, big, and healthy.

Appreciate the POV about questioning the assumed logic of On/off cycling and if it's healthy. How often one can treat HPTA like a light switch and expect PCT to work?

In my case, 3 years, had I ran cycles less or very sparingly (hard, as the gainz can be addictive ) maybe could have delayed starting my TRT at 38 y/o.

City Boy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh man,thanks for low and steady 25mg Anavar pre-workout tip, that's going in my play book. Though it still is 17a alkylated.. hepatoxic risk?

Goal is def strong, flexible, big, and healthy.

Appreciate the POV about questioning the assumed logic of On/off cycling and if it's healthy. How often one can treat HPTA like a light switch and expect PCT to work?

In my case, 3 years, had I ran cycles less or very sparingly (hard, as the gainz can be addictive ) maybe could have delayed starting my TRT at 38 y/o.
It is a 17a but with anavar its mostly processed through the kidneys

PoSiTiVeFLoW

PoSiTiVeFLoW

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It is a 17a but with anavar its mostly processed through the kidneys
Man thanks for the heads up, so that's even more of a no go for me. Nothing harsh on kidneys...