Amino Nitrate Patent

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You just get disowned for not getting A's :D
I am admittedly ousted from the Asian communities :p Never aspired to be a doctor or a lawyer nor have I had any inclination to hang out in Asian cliques.

jamesm11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you already have the money to go to law school, then needing to go to law school to make money isn't a necessity ;)
Or you get full scholarships. Free law school and undergrad

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Or you get full scholarships. Free law school and undergrad
If you got a full ride to law school, I repeat, you had no need to go into the legal industry to make money ;)

The *average* debt load across all law schools in the United States at graduation is over $100,000.

If you go to a top ranked school that number will be higher.

Barely over half of 2013 law school graduates were able to find full time law-degree requiring jobs.

Public sector law jobs start at like $50k.

The Private sector average across all law schools was like $90k.

Law school numbers have been disastrous for the past 7 years.

Hydra

Awards
It's actually much more complex than this. Nitrates are quite pleiotropic and NO donation is only one of their ergogenic properties
It actually isnt, when it comes to patents. Since NO donation is obvious trying to convince a patent reviewer that your invention (which actually was invented in the early 1800s) has a claimed benefit of NO donation (which is very obvious considering its one of the reasons it was prescribed to heart patients for) means you need to "invent" another claim that no one has ever thought of which is not directly related to the obvious ones.

Science wise, the other more complex mechanisms that nitrates may impart in the body make no difference with the patent unless you were the one who discovered that mechanism otherwise you cant patent that either.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you got a full ride to law school, I repeat, you had no need to go into the legal industry to make money ;)

The *average* debt load across all law schools in the United States at graduation is over $100,000.

If you go to a top ranked school that number will be higher.

Barely over half of 2013 law school graduates were able to find full time law-degree requiring jobs.

Public sector law jobs start at like $50k.

The Private sector average across all law schools was like $90k.

Law school numbers have been disastrous for the past 7 years.
Isn't 100k simply the cost of higher education in general if you're going out of state for uni?

Anyhoot, I'll say this much, with the current financial climate, it certainly is not a good idea to go into law. Even big firms are struggling ATM, some have simply just shuttered their doors as a a matter of fact. There's also a change in the way firms do business because companies these days want more bang for their buck out of the firms they use (so instead of hourly billing, some are asking for a flat rate contractual type of agreement with their firms), heck, some companies simply hire attourneys and open up an internal legal department and then outsource on an as needed basis.

Nope, not really a great idea to try to become a lawyer these days.

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Isn't 100k simply the cost of higher education in general if you're going out of state for uni?

Anyhoot, I'll say this much, with the current financial climate, it certainly is not a good idea to go into law. Even big firms are struggling ATM, some have simply just shuttered their doors as a a matter of fact. There's also a change in the way firms do business because companies these days want more bang for their buck out of the firms they use (so instead of hourly billing, some are asking for a flat rate contractual type of agreement with their firms), heck, some companies simply hire attourneys and open up an internal legal department and then outsource on an as needed basis.

Nope, not really a great idea to try to become a lawyer these days.
That's an additional 100k over the debt/cost burden of undergrad.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
De_eB, get in here!

Just noticed that the creatine nitrate patent got rejected again (new rejection to the response from June 2014, I've got the date right this time, heh). What does this mean for the rest of the patents since the rest I would think falls into the realm of obviousness.

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
De_eB, get in here!

Just noticed that the creatine nitrate patent got rejected again (new rejection to the response from June 2014, I've got the date right this time, heh). What does this mean for the rest of the patents since the rest I would think falls into the realm of obviousness.
How does that make any of the other claims or patents less patentable due to obviousness given that the claims regarding 7 other amino acid nitrates on the same patent were allowed?

Additionally, given that there is additional 'use' patents on the same compound, there's still years of additional litigation for anybody wanting to use creatine nitrate without paying a royalty.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How does that make any of the other claims or patents less patentable due to obviousness given that the claims regarding 7 other amino acid nitrates on the same patent were allowed?

Additionally, given that there is additional 'use' patents on the same compound, there's still years of additional litigation for anybody wanting to use creatine nitrate without paying a royalty.
Thus I posed the question to you ;)

What claims are actually still valid on this patent? I couldn't tell because RR only posted the cover page for the darn thing :p

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thus I posed the question to you ;)

What claims are actually still valid on this patent? I couldn't tell because RR only posted the cover page for the darn thing :p
The cover page shows which claims were allowed (3-5, 7-10) and which weren't (6) for you. I expect better out of you dook.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The cover page shows which claims were allowed (3-5, 7-10) and which weren't (6) for you. I expect better out of you dook.
AH, I misread that as those claims being in contention :D

See, that's why I got you in here.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just convince a doc review intern that your heavy reading is work-related and have them do it for you :D
Man, how did you know that it just happened that, by chance, the fresh batch of interns we've had just finished up their last week here last Fri? LOL.

Impeccable timing with that comment sir.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

so...i guess we shouldn't be expecting sns to release a creatine nitrate product anytime soon???? gosh darned B.S patents anyways!!!

AndroRage

AndroRage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Anyone give me a simplistic version of this thread? Some guy has filed a patent for Nitrates/ their use in a product? Serious question

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Anyone give me a simplistic version of this thread? Some guy has filed a patent for Nitrates/ their use in a product? Serious question
yes. Ron Kramer from thermolife patented a bunch of forms of nitrates attached to amino acids. Many companies were licensing them from him to use in their products and many were not. Now it's going through the patent process and or litigation? lol.

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

--

-Thermolife starts using nitrates for sports performance, specifically amino acid nitrates.
-Lots of other companies talk ****, talk about how nitrates are dangerous, continue shilling arginine.
-Numerous studies on nitrates show exercise benefits
-Everyone else wants to use nitrates
-But the guy they were talking **** to has them patented.
-Lawyers profit!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
--

-Thermolife starts using nitrates for sports performance, specifically amino acid nitrates.
-Lots of other companies talk ****, talk about how nitrates are dangerous, continue shilling arginine.
-Numerous studies on nitrates show exercise benefits
-Everyone else wants to use nitrates
-But the guy they were talking **** to has them patented.
-Lawyers profit!
makes me wonder what if...every popular ingredient were patented by this guy, he seems greedy enough.

surprised someone hasn't tried to patent epicatechin?????

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
makes me wonder what if...every popular ingredient were patented by this guy, he seems greedy enough.

surprised someone hasn't tried to patent epicatechin?????
There are numerous patents on (-)-epicatechin, just not from supplement companies.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
There are numerous patents on (-)-epicatechin, just not from supplement companies.
does this mean every supp company using epicatechin is paying a royalty fee?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
No, none of them are.

It's unlikely the pharmaceutical company would notice or care for now though.
if the patent is approved....????

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
if the patent is approved....????
Not every patent is rigidly enforced all the time.

Some patents are never enforced.

If Brundel has sold 10,000 units of follidrone at $50 a piece, that's just half a million in revenue, probably like...$100,000 in gp
The other people selling it combined probably haven't sold that much yet.

So probably < $200,000 in 'profit' from selling epicatechin.

What billion dollar pharmaceutical company is going to spend $2-3m and 2-3 years on a maybe-win lawsuit over $200,000?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Not every patent is rigidly enforced all the time.

Some patents are never enforced.

If Brundel has sold 10,000 units of follidrone at $50 a piece, that's just half a million in revenue, probably like...$100,000 in gp
The other people selling it combined probably haven't sold that much yet.

So probably < $200,000 in 'profit' from selling epicatechin.

What billion dollar pharmaceutical company is going to spend $2-3m and 2-3 years on a maybe-win lawsuit over $200,000?
what i have learned from working for multi nationals is this---they are willing to lose money to retain control!!! to have exclusive rights might just be the force behind their motives????

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 3
Trufitnessman2022 Supplements 2
uforce Serious Nutrition Solutions 19
Shep_Zaide Supplement Auction 4
Supplements 1