Agmatine doesn't pump me at all, citrulline does

muchstronger2

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hi,

In my quest of pumps, I've obviously given agmatine a shot a while ago.
I used it at 1g pwo, for around 1 week before quiting as I experienced no pump from it.
The only thing it gave me was poor sleep...

A week ago I just received my tub of citrulline for the first time.
Dosed it 6g pwo, pumps were really good.
Arms were full and veiny.

I'm surprised because agmatine is often claimed to be the king lf pump supplements.

Could it be that it works only when used along with citrulline/arginine?

Is there any scientific evidence of agmatine working better if stacked with these 2?

Thanks

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
I've heard a good carb meal works best when taken with agmatine to get a good pump.

Can't guarantee this though as I've never dosed it by itself.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Id honestly try 2g agmatine and 8g citrulline and see how that works. Throw in 3.2g beta alanine to:)

muchstronger2

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Id honestly try 2g agmatine and 8g citrulline and see how that works. Throw in 3.2g beta alanine to:)
Thanks for the dosing advice!

Does beta alanine also participate to the pump? I tried it in the past and it only gave me that famous tingle that made me want to destroy the gym!

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the dosing advice!

Does beta alanine also participate to the pump? I tried it in the past and it only gave me that famous tingle that made me want to destroy the gym!
No, endurance product. And your Agmatine dose is too low as LeanEgineer stated. I of you took 1g of Cit. you probably would think it didn't work also.
I'd try 2-3g Cit Malate and 1g Agmatine and work from there, If you need 2g Agmatine and 8g Citmalate, you must be taking a lot of stims, or huge, or
not taking enough daily protein which affects pumps because of the arginine and leucine in protein rich foods/drinks.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I've always ha great luck with Agmatine. Although I enjoy it standalone, it's solid in conjunction with Citrulline.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
i would have him go to 1.5 before jumping to 2
i would also x2 on 6-8g Citrulline as the studied dosage that should aid him with pumps
BA would be performance for the guy that asked (and endurnace)

better to work his way up to 2g then just jump right to 2.

jp_x_type

jp_x_type

Awards
  • Established
Beta Alanine should be taken in smaller doses spaced out throughout the day as far as I've found. Also, try taking it spearately from other pres/aminos as I found through personal experience that it might interfere with other supplements working at their full potential (although this is just a feeling of mine which I cannot back up with science).

I love citrulline for the pumps and circulation benefits it provides (l-citrulline even more than citrulline malate) but taking more than 2g gives me some GI issues (guess more than 2g isn't digested properly by my system lol)

You might not be getting the pumps you are looking for from agmatine because it might be lowering your blood sugar. Take it 15-30 minutes before meals/pre-wo meal or else at other times of the day. Personally I never take it pre-WO, but instead use 500mg caps and take 1 cap 2-3 times daily, usually upon waking, before my meal and pre-bed

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
For me, nothing beats nitrates for a pump. High volume is as good as it gets IMO.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
agmatine is hit or miss for me as well...however it provides other benefits besides pumps so it's very useful....nitrates are the way to go

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
agmatine is hit or miss for me as well...however it provides other benefits besides pumps so it's very useful....nitrates are the way to go
As stated above
The agmatine be could be hit or miss....

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This thread is great because it shows how people are so different. What works wonders for one may do nothing at all for someone else.

In the case of pumps, High Volume recognized this and made a product that hit every angle thinkable:

4g pure citrulline (= to citrulline content of 8g citrulline malate)
1g agmatine
2g arginine nitrate
Hydromax

If that does not get you pumped than you may just be incapable of pumps!

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Taken agmatine on an empty stomach for years now, get that pump every time.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No pump, but I enjoy the mental calming benefits from Agmatine that seems to aid in concentration and focus in the gym.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
For me, nothing beats nitrates for a pump. High volume is as good as it gets IMO.
I echo this.

I have tested extensive combinations of ingredients in various ratios, here is what I found:

- Agmatine on it's own had no noticeable effect on pump or vascularity.
- 3g upwards of L-Citrulline yielded a noticeable pump.
- 2g arginine nitrate beat both ingredients even when they were stacked.
- High Volume at two scoops is the best pump I have ever had from one product solo.
- More than two scoops of High Volume offered no noticeable difference.

Interestingly, one of our alpha testers significantly preferred agmatine to citrulline even thought I got nothing from the same dose of agmatine when used solo.

money0351

money0351

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hi, In my quest of pumps, I've obviously given agmatine a shot a while ago. I used it at 1g pwo, for around 1 week before quiting as I experienced no pump from it. The only thing it gave me was poor sleep... A week ago I just received my tub of citrulline for the first time. Dosed it 6g pwo, pumps were really good. Arms were full and veiny. I'm surprised because agmatine is often claimed to be the king lf pump supplements. Could it be that it works only when used along with citrulline/arginine? Is there any scientific evidence of agmatine working better if stacked with these 2? Thanks
really? What's your bodyfat percentage? Agmatine by itself gets me hella vascular even when I dose premeal. The results from High Volume are unreal preworkout

I have a few before and after pics and it almost appears like I've "gained" 10 lbs... A good pump is a hell of a feeling

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Nitrates for the win... if only someone would use arginine nitrate :)

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
really? What's your bodyfat percentage? Agmatine by itself gets me hella vascular even when I dose premeal. The results from High Volume are unreal preworkout

I have a few before and after pics and it almost appears like I've "gained" 10 lbs... A good pump is a hell of a feeling
Haha, I had this too.

When I was dieting people kept telling me how small I was (lost 5kg) but nobody ever noticed when I was training.

I got addicted to the High Volume pumps. For that hour long period I looked as full as ever. :D

muchstronger2

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No, endurance product. And your Agmatine dose is too low as LeanEgineer stated. I of you took 1g of Cit. you probably would think it didn't work also.
I'd try 2-3g Cit Malate and 1g Agmatine and work from there, If you need 2g Agmatine and 8g Citmalate, you must be taking a lot of stims, or huge, or
not taking enough daily protein
which affects pumps because of the arginine and leucine in protein rich foods/drinks.
You may want to go one more time through the doses I'm on already.

I quit stims 1,5 years ago, not even morning coffee, best decision ever since (my free test doubles since then)
I'm only 180lbs
I take around 1,1g prot/lb bodyweight, which should be largely sufficient.

muchstronger2

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Well, if that's unreal we may want to go into the "what brand are you taking?", although I doubt it's bunk. The brand sounds reputable from what I hear, although they don't use the most serious artworks for packaging.

muchstronger2

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This thread is great because it shows how people are so different. What works wonders for one may do nothing at all for someone else.

In the case of pumps, High Volume recognized this and made a product that hit every angle thinkable:

4g pure citrulline (= to citrulline content of 8g citrulline malate)
1g agmatine
2g arginine nitrate
Hydromax

If that does not get you pumped than you may just be incapable of pumps!
If you guys used beetroot or anything else as a natural colorant I would give it a go. But artificial colorants and allergies + other sides associated to them...not for the moment!

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
You may want to go one more time through the doses I'm on already.

I quit stims 1,5 years ago, not even morning coffee, best decision ever since (my free test doubles since then)
I'm only 180lbs
I take around 1,1g prot/lb bodyweight, which should be largely sufficient.
Ok but you are comparing 1g of Agmatine to the results of 6g Cit. Malate.....doesn't that seem off to you?
I respond to 250mg of Agmatine....and also 2g of CitMalate, so you basically probably need a higher dose
of Agmatine. I always looked at Agmatine as no more powerful than 1:3 to Cit Malate dose.

Its almost like saying, "I thought pizza was suppose to fill me up, I ate a slice but wasn't full......then I ate
1/2 a loaf of bread and was full....so bread is better for getting full."

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
can anyone compare thunderbolt to the typical agmatine and citruline pump product

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I echo this.

I have tested extensive combinations of ingredients in various ratios, here is what I found:

- Agmatine on it's own had no noticeable effect on pump or vascularity.
- 3g upwards of L-Citrulline yielded a noticeable pump.
- 2g arginine nitrate beat both ingredients even when they were stacked.
- High Volume at two scoops is the best pump I have ever had from one product solo.
- More than two scoops of High Volume offered no noticeable difference.

Interestingly, one of our alpha testers significantly preferred agmatine to citrulline even thought I got nothing from the same dose of agmatine when used solo.
Imagine that, the product you sell works better than the things you don't sell.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Imagine that, the product you sell works better than the things you don't sell.
I hope you are joking.

I gave a review of testing the ingredients in High Volume. I didn't compare ingredients we used to ingredients we don't lol.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Why should he be called out for that just because it is a product they sell?
Because obviously it is biased comparing ingredients we sell to ingredients we don't.

Oh no, wait, they're are all ingredients we sell therefore I can't give my feedback on preferences between each one.

#Logic

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Ok but you are comparing 1g of Agmatine to the results of 6g Cit. Malate.....doesn't that seem off to you?
I respond to 250mg of Agmatine....and also 2g of CitMalate, so you basically probably need a higher dose
of Agmatine. I always looked at Agmatine as no more powerful than 1:3 to Cit Malate dose.

Its almost like saying, "I thought pizza was suppose to fill me up, I ate a slice but wasn't full......then I ate
1/2 a loaf of bread and was full....so bread is better for getting full."
Thats not a fair comparison. The two require differemt dosages.

Thats like saying I get stimmed from 15mg Yohimbine HCL so why dont I from an equal dose of caffeine lol.

In saying that, im jealous you can use such small doses of Cit Mal and Agmatine. At a 1:1 ratio of citrulline to malate, 1g is crazy small

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I hope you are joking.

I gave a review of testing the ingredients in High Volume. I didn't compare ingredients we used to ingredients we don't lol.
Take it easy champ. Was just funny the way you worded it.

"I've done extensive research and i've concluded that the product we sell is superior!"

Yes i'm exaggerating but that's how i read it. Was simply in good fun, don't take the forums too seriously.

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
Take it easy champ. Was just funny the way you worded it.

"I've done extensive research and i've concluded that the product we sell is superior!"

Yes i'm exaggerating but that's how i read it. Was simply in good fun, don't take the forums too seriously.
That is how it reads, because after I read it, I looked up their product so it worked. Then I noticed all the less effective
ways to increase NO they mentioned is in the product with the Arg. Nitrate. But I see that as a good thing bc not everyone
responds to one NO boosting ingredient. Sht I get pumps off Leucine (no I do not sell anything with Leucine).