advice on supplement purchase

jasonmichel

Awards
looking to add lean mass, what is the thought on creatine/whey combo products..Is it best to have separate? I was also looking for thoughts on xtend and anabolic pump? What do you change about your diet on AP? What would everyone recommend for my whey and creatine purchase. I have heard of alot of people just mix the creatine with powdered gatorade because of the dextrose. Then i hear more and more people using maltodextrin with creatine. Is there a stack product that has creatine/malto in it or is it better to purchase separate. I'm really just learning about this stuff and appreciate any help. Thanks

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
creatine- neovar, green mag, sizeOn, ragnarok

Whey- Any will do man.

before you even look into that stuff. Learn all you can about it, dieting, and routines. get to know your body before you even think about adding naything into it. its like an experiement and you must get ot know your body as the control

jasonmichel

Awards
thanks for the help, what would you guys recommend for a PWO shake? do you guys sip anything during workout, i see alot of people sip xtend pre during and post workout..is that decent?

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
Poseidon-Pre workout
Xtend-during workout
Waxy maize, Whey Protein, Creatine, BCAA's -post workout

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
just any vitamin and mineral plus creatine drink during workout will do. there are all different kinds. personally i enjoy intrabolic for the electrolyte replenihing. post workout a protein shake will do with carbs. pre workout nothing is necessary

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
XTend is the *hit, yes.

Really depends how long you've been working out and lifting. If you are just a beginner looking for your first supps, Whey should be your first Supplement. Then go for the Creatine, people live NeoVar from what I've seen. NP has a bottle of NeoVar Recompd + WMS 3.3lbs for something crazy like 32 bucks... Total steal.

PWkout shake is also going to be goal oriented. If you want to run a serious bulk, you'll want a full stomach before you lift (protein and carbs), and some fast protein and carbs after (whey / WMS)...

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
Xtend is definetely decent man. One of my favorite Supps. I take it as directed on workout days, 1 serving before, 1 during, and 1 after. Non-workout days I put all 3 servings in a jug and sip throughout the day. For what you're getting in Xtend I dont think the price isn't bad at all IMO, although some will argue that.

As BigBama said, Poseidon pre-wo WITH Xtend is damn good. I hit the weights with alot of raditude on that simple stack lol. Post w-o I hit the Waxy Maize as well, only about 30grams though (doing a recomp right now), with a little more than 1 serving of Ergopharm GF Pro. Then of course around an hour or so after that I hit up my sweet potatoe, california mix, and chicken breast mmmmmmmm.

The waxy maize, creatine, protein combo post w-o is nice. I know people that substitute gatorade as the carb source b/c it's cheaper, but I can't get down with the high fructose corn syrup.

jasonmichel

Awards
just any vitamin and mineral plus creatine drink during workout will do. there are all different kinds. personally i enjoy intrabolic for the electrolyte replenihing. post workout a protein shake will do with carbs. pre workout nothing is necessary
what do you put in the shake for carbs? what kind of split?

jasonmichel

Awards
Thanks for all the help so far guys, def. helping me get this figured out

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
dextrose/ waixymaize. either will do

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
You go empty belly Texas?

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
i do carbs about 30 minute Pre-wo but other than that yeah. and just just load up afterwards with an INTENSE shake. and do my intrabolic during. also take in 1 gallon of quality H20 during every workout

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
i do carbs about 30 minute Pre-wo but other than that yeah. and just just load up afterwards with an INTENSE shake. and do my intrabolic during. also take in 1 gallon of quality H20 during every workout
Gotcha. I always try to have some protein in the belly too - same as your 30 minute timeline. I probably drink about a two thirds of a gallon of water w/ 3 scoops of Xtend.

dexterium

dexterium

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
looking to add lean mass, what is the thought on creatine/whey combo products..Is it best to have separate? I was also looking for thoughts on xtend and anabolic pump? What do you change about your diet on AP? What would everyone recommend for my whey and creatine purchase. I have heard of alot of people just mix the creatine with powdered gatorade because of the dextrose. Then i hear more and more people using maltodextrin with creatine. Is there a stack product that has creatine/malto in it or is it better to purchase separate. I'm really just learning about this stuff and appreciate any help. Thanks
Listen to the guys in this thread. Once you have your nutrition ready to go, Anabolic Pump will definitely help you to add lean mass.

You take Anabolic Pump 15 minutes before a meal that contains 60 g of complex carbohydrates and that is the most major change in your diet. We can analyze your diet when you're ready to take Anabolic Pump to make sure that you're getting the best results.